Disturbing trend on MFP….

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I will admit, if I'm ordering a pizza for example I'd rather get one from somewhere that I can track nutritional information, however last night I was having a Curry, I mainly have tandoori chicken and chicken pakora's so I know the batter adds up abit. I order, I enjoy, I expect weight gain due to the high salt and then I crack back on the next day. Gotta live your life :)

agree …

we have a company dinner tonight. I have pre logged it to the best of my ability since it is a plated dinner and have left myself about 300 calories for "error"….
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    people forget food is not evil
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    can you do one of these for food high in protein too please.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I just find it strange..

are people really this helpless???

Absolutely!!!
  • ndj1979
    SezxyStef wrote: »

???
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited June 2015
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    see there's more brown than white .. cos brown is da healthy version cos it be more natural

ya get me?
    that's right! cause everybody knows you gotta cut out all white food in order to lose weight, white food just ain't natural!

Cheetos disagrees... LOL ( I got the sarcasm)
    th?id=JN.%2bTU2lDaEc9kMqBzmPNgkoQ&pid=15.1
  • SezxyStef

???

the constant question of "What foods are good sources of protein"...*smh* google is your friend
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    I agree that you should enjoy and try to make up for it. That applies also for vacations.

What really sucks is being invited somewhere where there are major food pushers. I like to choose my own pig out and actually enjoy it.
  • ndj1979

???

the constant question of "What foods are good sources of protein"...*smh* google is your friend

lOL ohhhhh got ya…

yes, maybe that will be my next one….

I can start a series…NDJ's helpful hints..maybe I should just write book and sell it on Dr Oz….
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Geeze. That's *hard*. Like, 'eat fewer calories; burn more' hard.

I'm glad I have friends who will split rich dishes with me, and that I understand takeaway, leftovers, and just leaving food on my plate.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member

???

lOL ohhhhh got ya…

I can start a series…NDJ's helpful hints..maybe I should just write book and sell it on Dr Oz….

I believe sarauk2sf put together a pretty extensive list of protein sources for various eating styles already, I think it's in the ETP group.

Helpful hints are generally meant to actually help people though, not be thinly veiled methods of complaining about stuff that annoys you. It's why MFP refuses to publish my definitive work: MyFitnessPal Forums: Arguing, Cat Gifs, and My Life with Babaji.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

???

lOL ohhhhh got ya…

NDJ's Guide To Success With No Sugar*

*No sugar coating that is...,

• ndj1979
    kgeyser wrote: »

???

lOL ohhhhh got ya…

I believe sarauk2sf put together a pretty extensive list of protein sources for various eating styles already, I think it's in the ETP group.

Helpful hints are generally meant to actually help people though, not be thinly veiled methods of complaining about stuff that annoys you. It's why MFP refuses to publish my definitive work: MyFitnessPal Forums: Arguing, Cat Gifs, and My Life with Babaji.

LOL KG
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    I got as far as "margaritas" and drifted off to my happy place...
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    FML, I forgot how to forum, apparently...

Lol noob ;)

And i fixed it for you.

Well, thank you! ;)
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member

???

lOL ohhhhh got ya…

Not gonna lie...I'd read the shizz outta that.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Also, keep in mind that at some point you and i were complete noobs and we were all probably pretty damn dumb. So asking others for strategies to get lower calorie meals or find ways to calories to increase tdee or another way to not affect progress is not a bad question. And honestly, if providing a response is so difficult then just dont answer.

But i do like the first post. Its after that you guys are slowly killing me, lol.

I agree with this however if 'noobs' spent some time reading through the forums they will find almost every question answered. Ya I was dumb as hell when I first started but I learned most of the basics by just reading a few posts on the first page and a couple of the stickies. Now I'm just dumb.
  • SezxyStef

???

lOL ohhhhh got ya…

Good to know I will have to go get that link.

Not really complaining as I often post in them...I just wish people would not expect to be hand held through weight loss...but I do understand the extensive lack of knowledge that abounds...even in our own family and circle of friends..*cries*
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Flags cleaned up as well as associated post referencing the flags. Oh and other over the top post cleaned.

Nope, you missed one that was quoted on page 1. :)
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    But how do I know if my food is clean at a restaurant?!?! Should I bring my own laboratory grade surfactants to be absolutely sure!? I mean there could be some scary chemically sounding ingredients in my meal! How on earth would I know? With all this scary stuff, how an I supposed to enjoy my company?!?!?!?