Disturbing trend on MFP….

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    You forgot the part where you shove finger foods in front of your toddler so he doesn't take a margarita bath and then shuffle your four-year-old to the bathroom and miss the waiter taking your order....

what are these children you speak of..???

[Insert Maury.jpg here]
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Sometimes I'll just repeat step 2 multiple times and then skip to step 7.

Am I going to die?

You. I like.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    I actually dissected a kebab today to figure out the calorie content. lol

I took apart a damn tuna hoagie the other day to weigh the individual components. The extra helping of shame put me over my calorie goal for the day.

Did that to a Walmart All American sub - once. Now I have the recipe and just weigh what I got. Boy was the database off by about 300 calories.

This is an excellent idea. I should double check my Subway sandwich next time.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    It's so weird how they use the wrong word everywhere else!

Get it right, it's a hero. ;)

To quote Dennis Leary from rescue me:.
    "Where are these terms coming from? I'll tell you what a hero is.
    A hero is Ted Williams, John F.
    Kennedy, those are heroes.
    This is meat in bread.
    This is a sandwich, is what it is."

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    FML, I forgot how to forum, apparently...

Lol noob ;)

And i fixed it for you.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    :)

...between restaurant meal 'post-mortems', kebab dissection, and a recent thread's mention of a donut exorcism, I think we've got nearly all bases covered, at this point, when it comes to the what-food-based-'operations'-should-we-perhaps-perform-under-cover-of-night-or-otherwise-agree-to-speak-of-only-in-hushed-tones-and-with-eyes-averted (for fear of 'wth-infused' 'reprisal') conversational sweepstakes... ;)

(...oh, the ways in which 'what constitutes a natural conversation' in MFP-Land (along with its content therein) -- and which tends to not otherwise occur 'in everyday conversation' elsewhere on the planet -- doth provide entertainment (intermixed as it often is, with lessonry, food for thought, inspirational fare, and hitherto undisclosed 'methods' involving strategy, practicality, and betcha-didn't-see-that-one-comin' forms of interesting surprise -based whatnot... :) ))
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I go straight to "blow out" at Buffalo Wild Wings. One look at the menu and I'm like "Gotta have cheese curds! Oh look mojitos. I love their mojitos, I'll have one of those. Boneless wings with sauce on the side and all the blue cheese you will give me plz! I need another mojito." DH got to BWW before me last night and ordered a veggie app and barred me from ordering a fried app saying the boneless wings was enough fried food for one meal. :grumble:

yea, when football season rolls aroundI am a buffalo wing and beer nazi …coincidently, that is right when bulking season starts..hmmmmm

Sadly my decade long bulk cycle came to an end. :cry:
    You forgot the part where you shove finger foods in front of your toddler so he doesn't take a margarita bath and then shuffle your four-year-old to the bathroom and miss the waiter taking your order....

This trip down memory lane makes me so glad my girls are old enough to walk themselves to the bathroom. Also a solid reason as to why I was not sad DH didn't want a 3rd spawnling. ;)

I don't want to wish their lives away, but darn if this doesn't sound exciting. Also when I don't have to spend a billion years cutting their meat up into less deadly pieces while my food gets cold.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    heybales wrote: »

I took apart a damn tuna hoagie the other day to weigh the individual components. The extra helping of shame put me over my calorie goal for the day.

Did that to a Walmart All American sub - once. Now I have the recipe and just weigh what I got. Boy was the database off by about 300 calories.

This is an excellent idea. I should double check my Subway sandwich next time.

Yeah, the schwarma I like is a good 200 calories more than most related entries in the database, by my reckoning.

It takes a lot of time and effort to learn how to eyeball this stuff, though. Especially for people new to counting.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I go straight to "blow out" at Buffalo Wild Wings. One look at the menu and I'm like "Gotta have cheese curds! Oh look mojitos. I love their mojitos, I'll have one of those. Boneless wings with sauce on the side and all the blue cheese you will give me plz! I need another mojito." DH got to BWW before me last night and ordered a veggie app and barred me from ordering a fried app saying the boneless wings was enough fried food for one meal. :grumble:

Throw him back!

Dude, I was so over yesterday anyhow that *not* having the cheese curds was likely wise. I didn't have any mojitos either, just root beer. I live on the edge I tell you.

This trip down memory lane makes me so glad my girls are old enough to walk themselves to the bathroom. Also a solid reason as to why I was not sad DH didn't want a 3rd spawnling. ;)

I look forward to the day my kid does this. At this rate, she'll be in pull-ups until she's 10... She inherited mine and DH's stubbornness, which is horrible when it comes to potty training :unamused:

Edited for quote fail, I hope.
    Maybe now?

My youngest was (and still is) so stubborn she was born 8 days "past dates". She does what she wants. It's aggravating as hell, but at least I know she'll be adept at holding her own as an adult. :laugh:

yea, when football season rolls aroundI am a buffalo wing and beer nazi …coincidently, that is right when bulking season starts..hmmmmm

I don't want to wish their lives away, but darn if this doesn't sound exciting. Also when I don't have to spend a billion years cutting their meat up into less deadly pieces while my food gets cold.

My youngest gags on all hunks of meat that isn't chicken, so I still cut other meats up really small. Suffice to say we don't have things like beef stew or steak often because I just prefer to avoid that drama at dinner time. *eye roll*
  • emmaps55
    emmaps55 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If possible I always look at the menu ahead of time. I have had a real problem in the past with impulse control -- and if I wait until after a drink to decide, I'm a gonner. So 1) I don't drink more than one drink 2) I don't have a cocktail ever -- only beer or wine with my food and 3) I check out the menu ahead of time whenever I can. This really has helped me a lot!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What MFP does desperately need is a SUGAR stickie :huh:
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    You had me at tequila and margaritas
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

You just wait until they're walking across the stage getting their high school diploma. Then you'll wish you could cut up their meat again. :cry:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

@christinev297

your sugar stickie(s) ma'am

sugar-stick-img.png
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    see there's more brown than white .. cos brown is da healthy version cos it be more natural

ya get me?
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I must admit I used to panic when I started back in January. Now I just check out what I believe will be lower calorie and not finish the plate. Most places luckily have nutritional information though.

I went to Wetherspoons with my folks yesterday for curry club. Instead of my usual chicken tikka, I had the sweet potato and chick pea curry. Gave my dad half my naan bread, only ate half the rice and left a poppadom and I was still stuffed.
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I will admit, if I'm ordering a pizza for example I'd rather get one from somewhere that I can track nutritional information, however last night I was having a Curry, I mainly have tandoori chicken and chicken pakora's so I know the batter adds up abit. I order, I enjoy, I expect weight gain due to the high salt and then I crack back on the next day. Gotta live your life :)
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    see there's more brown than white .. cos brown is da healthy version cos it be more natural

ya get me?
    that's right! cause everybody knows you gotta cut out all white food in order to lose weight, white food just ain't natural!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

@christinev297

your sugar stickie(s) ma'am

sugar-stick-img.png

Ah hah touche' :laugh: :+1:

But seriously, I give kudos to those folks who reply to those sugar threads day in, day out, week after week, month after month
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

Sorry for the off topic but are you from near Philly? There arent many people that i know who call it a hoagie.

I'm 10 minutes from Center City (on the Jersey side of the Delaware) and can hear the stadium fireworks from my front yard. You nearby?

Was it from Wawa? B)