Disturbing trend on MFP….

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You forgot step 10

10. Get drunk as *kitten* with your SO, go back home, and have wild monkey sex.

If I do this first part the 2nd part doesn't happen...I just wanna sleep..he can have all the wild monkey sex he wants I just wont be participating much.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You forgot step 10

If I got that drunk... I'd pass out. So i'll skip the drink and just stick with the wild monkey sex!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I go straight to "blow out" at Buffalo Wild Wings. One look at the menu and I'm like "Gotta have cheese curds! Oh look mojitos. I love their mojitos, I'll have one of those. Boneless wings with sauce on the side and all the blue cheese you will give me plz! I need another mojito." DH got to BWW before me last night and ordered a veggie app and barred me from ordering a fried app saying the boneless wings was enough fried food for one meal. :grumble:

yea, when football season rolls aroundI am a buffalo wing and beer nazi …coincidently, that is right when bulking season starts..hmmmmm

Sadly my decade long bulk cycle came to an end. :cry:
    You forgot the part where you shove finger foods in front of your toddler so he doesn't take a margarita bath and then shuffle your four-year-old to the bathroom and miss the waiter taking your order....

This trip down memory lane makes me so glad my girls are old enough to walk themselves to the bathroom. Also a solid reason as to why I was not sad DH didn't want a 3rd spawnling. ;)

I don't want to wish their lives away, but darn if this doesn't sound exciting. Also when I don't have to spend a billion years cutting their meat up into less deadly pieces while my food gets cold.

You just wait until they're walking across the stage getting their high school diploma. Then you'll wish you could cut up their meat again. :cry:

This what I'm afraid of. It sucks now but I know I'll miss it so much some day. :frowning:
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You forgot step 10

I'll pass on drinking the calories, but I'm all about the burning them off! :wink:
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I actually dissected a kebab today to figure out the calorie content. lol

I took apart a damn tuna hoagie the other day to weigh the individual components. The extra helping of shame put me over my calorie goal for the day.

Sorry for the off topic but are you from near Philly? There arent many people that i know who call it a hoagie.

I'm 10 minutes from Center City (on the Jersey side of the Delaware) and can hear the stadium fireworks from my front yard. You nearby?

Was it from Wawa? B)

I love my Wawa!!!

The biggest news in my area is the city approved a plan for a wawa. I had tears of joy.

Ugh. I live in Connecticut now. No Wawas for 100s on miles. Went to school in the Philly area. Wawas...Wawas everywhere!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I took apart a damn tuna hoagie the other day to weigh the individual components. The extra helping of shame put me over my calorie goal for the day.

Sorry for the off topic but are you from near Philly? There arent many people that i know who call it a hoagie.

I'm 10 minutes from Center City (on the Jersey side of the Delaware) and can hear the stadium fireworks from my front yard. You nearby?

Was it from Wawa? B)

I love my Wawa!!!

The biggest news in my area is the city approved a plan for a wawa. I had tears of joy.

Well. Your life just got more awesome, didn't it?

I'm originally from California. I had NO IDEA what a Wawa was. Thank goodness I was educated when I moved to Delaware.

• 1HappyRedhead
    Options
    Okay.... now I MUST google Wawa.....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    heybales wrote: »

Did that to a Walmart All American sub - once. Now I have the recipe and just weigh what I got. Boy was the database off by about 300 calories.

This is an excellent idea. I should double check my Subway sandwich next time.

Yeah, the schwarma I like is a good 200 calories more than most related entries in the database, by my reckoning.

It takes a lot of time and effort to learn how to eyeball this stuff, though. Especially for people new to counting.

Dude I can't even guess chicken schwarma- I don't bother. I'm pretty sure I have a "*kitten* it I ate to much" entry LOL

Also- I'm totally a translate- I grew up saying sub- now all I say is hoagie.
    and a Trenton Pork Roll. yeah- that's totally a thing.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Also- I fully co-sign this post. People need to relax a little bit about it- it's not THE END of the world. The lack of critical thinking I think scares me the most.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm having a chicken shish kebab tonight. I've estimated it around 600 calories. It's chicken and salad so figure I can't be far wrong. Ha! It was weigh in day this morning so I don't really worry if it's badly estimated for one meal.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    *compassion and insight hat on, breaking the funny*
    So, I had a thought about this, this morning. I think the real reason you see these thread, and see this anxiety is, the people asking it don't even realize the real question they want to ask. It isn't what will I eat there, how many calories it has, how long will I have to exercise it off, how do I eyeball this that, what is the smarter choice, etc.

The real question everyone of them wants to ask is, how can I go there, do this, and still be the dieting person I've come to see myself as, because I'm worried this one little break will mean I'm the staying or getting fatter person I was before.
    For a lot of people, dieting is like building up a mental dam. You put all the bad stuff on the outside, and on you keep all the deficit, all the weight loss, all the ritual (and I'd saying logging is ritualistic to an extent, so being unable to log accurate feels like breaking ritual), all the new happiness, and it is safe. It is on the one side of the damn, where it is dry.
    Now you're about to go out. Panic! There's a hole in the dam! I don't have a clue how I caulk this! My ritual is getting wet, the weight loss spirits will be upset, they'll never let me lose weight again! I'm going to eat at this restaurant now, and then I'm going to start eating all I want in restaurants all the time and gain weight!
    Instead, the metaphorical question they need answered is, "how do I make this a sluice gate that lets pressure off the dam and closes back up, instead of this being a hairline crack that destroys the dam I built?"
  • 1HappyRedhead
    Options
    Dang! Apparently they're only in 6 states... :neutral:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options

Just google heavenly goodness. It should be the #1 search result.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

It's basically 7-11 except 1000000000000000 times better.
  • JoRocka
    Options

WAWA means the lead goose in the V- it's an Indian word. it's the one leading the flock.

Anyway- it's a convenience station- started out a little like 7/11- just foods- coffee etc- but about 6-8 years ago they started building super wawas- made to order food and 24 hour fuel- safe- clean- always a super reliable place to stop. I will go out of my way to stop at a wawa esp if I'm travelling by myself- double especially on my bike. And yes- heavenly goodness.

I effing love WaWa
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wawa mac n cheese with a buttered roll = boozin food bliss
  • 1HappyRedhead
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

WAWA means the lead goose in the V- it's an Indian word. it's the one leading the flock.

Anyway- it's a convenience station- started out a little like 7/11- just foods- coffee etc- but about 6-8 years ago they started building super wawas- made to order food and 24 hour fuel- safe- clean- always a super reliable place to stop. I will go out of my way to stop at a wawa esp if I'm travelling by myself- double especially on my bike. And yes- heavenly goodness.

I effing love WaWa

I love your explanation, thank you!
    And I'm so jealous of those of you with WaWas right now! :wink: