A public acknowledgment and thanks for people who helped me succeed at this malarkey

1141516171820»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I have 1 spam and 9 abuse. Never had a warning. I'm still trying to figure out where that one spam flag is from.

Someone probably clicking too fast? I'm assuming that's where my spam flag is from.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I have 1 spam and 9 abuse. Never had a warning. I'm still trying to figure out where that one spam flag is from.

Someone probably clicking too fast? I'm assuming that's where my spam flag is from.

It's very possible- I didn't think of that
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    This topic should probably peter out before we all get warnings...

warnings for ..?
  • ndj1979
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Abuse flags, that amateur time. Getting nasty PM's from people who just got their egg shell world cracked..das it mane

Had a few of those in my time. Worse one was from a 'hyper-senstive' user or whatever he called himself. He used the C word....very sensitive.

Also had someone PM people on my FL and basically insult my body composition to them - the person did not like me disagreeing with her vehemently supported cleanse stance. She also called me a liar for saying I ate ice cream every day lol.

No strikes and only one warning from over 2 years ago though - it was a valid one - I went off on someone who body shamed one of my friends.

if anyone remembers that CICO15 person he/she blew me up with some nasty PM's ...but it just made me laugh because I was like really? You don't have anything better to do with your life than PM me...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Abuse flags, that amateur time. Getting nasty PM's from people who just got their egg shell world cracked..das it mane

Had a few of those in my time. Worse one was from a 'hyper-senstive' user or whatever he called himself. He used the C word....very sensitive.

Also had someone PM people on my FL and basically insult my body composition to them - the person did not like me disagreeing with her vehemently supported cleanse stance. She also called me a liar for saying I ate ice cream every day lol.

No strikes and only one warning from over 2 years ago though - it was a valid one - I went off on someone who body shamed one of my friends.

if anyone remembers that CICO15 person he/she blew me up with some nasty PM's ...but it just made me laugh because I was like really? You don't have anything better to do with your life than PM me...

Got a couple of those myself.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »

I assume the spam is when people think it's a like option sort of like FB.

Which we need here btw...
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member

warnings for ..?

1. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators

a) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the Forums or in Groups. If you have a question or concern about a moderator or admin action, please email one of the moderators or Olivia, MFP's Community Manager, with your concern and we will investigate the matter promptly.
    b) If you have concerns about another poster, or wish to report a guideline violation, the only appropriate venue is to use the Report Post link or to message a moderator or Olivia, MFP's Community Manager. You may not air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in the Feedback or Help forums.
    c) Threats made to moderators will not be tolerated, and will result in an immediate ban from the site.

I don't think anyone here is airing a grievance, but specific acts of moderation have been mentioned and that can earn a warning. This is an awesome thread and I'd hate to see someone get a warning because of it.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    I will admit I've accidentally flagged things while going to look at which kind of flag a post had received. In the beginning, I didn't know you could take them back! Haha
  • ndj1979

warnings for ..?

1. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators

a) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the Forums or in Groups. If you have a question or concern about a moderator or admin action, please email one of the moderators or Olivia, MFP's Community Manager, with your concern and we will investigate the matter promptly.
    b) If you have concerns about another poster, or wish to report a guideline violation, the only appropriate venue is to use the Report Post link or to message a moderator or Olivia, MFP's Community Manager. You may not air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in the Feedback or Help forums.
    c) Threats made to moderators will not be tolerated, and will result in an immediate ban from the site.

I don't think anyone here is airing a grievance, but specific acts of moderation have been mentioned and that can earn a warning. This is an awesome thread and I'd hate to see someone get a warning because of it.

10-4
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    wow- I'm sad.
    Spam

Abuse

Felt like as much of a "bad" rap I've gotten this is a little weak sauce for me.
    Being said I've been in forum jail before so I mean- that's gotta make up for something!!! LOL
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Late to the show, but I wanted to say that the vast majority of the people mentioned here have either directly or indirectly influenced my eating or lifting habits and I owe a great deal to them. Not sucking up, I swear, but thank you all for your seemingly infinite patience.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Special mention for @Troutsy for starting a pizza group. I'm so inspired.

Where is this pizza group?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/106766-for-the-love-of-pizza

This thread just keeps on giving. And I like that I had to confirm that I really wanted to join the group. "Are you sure?" It's like MFP senses a disturbance in the pizza/carb/fat/amazing goodness force...
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Hey folks - this discussion has jumped the shark a couple of times; the OP and original posts were to thank the people who have most helped you in the forums but has gone of course into comparison of flag counts.

fr1lrhmg0zss.jpg
This discussion has been closed.