What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Walking around nekkid and realizing that a section of thigh no longer brushes when I walk that used to. Grabbed the measuring tape--sure enough, .5" down!!!!!

Can also lace my "fat corset" all the way closed now. It goes down to 26"...the size of waist I used to have when I was on the large size. So encouraging/discouraging.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Today I found that not only are some of my jeans now needing a belt but also the belt I chose didn't have enough holes to go small enough
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh! And for not making yourself a star on People of Walmart. Congrats on your success so far!
    I will try to share without getting too graphic

I am down a considerable amount of weight but more importantly I have gone from size 60 pants to a size 50, still a way to go but I am pleased thus far.

A few weeks ago my wife was going to Walmart and I decided to tag along, I figured I would lap around the store a few times as I hadn't been out of the house in over a week due to some other complications.

One lap in and I had to call my wife on her cell phone to let her know that I was going to the car and she could meet me there at her convenience.

While I was doing my lap my underwear fell off, as in dropped down to my crotch area. Thank goodness it was long pants season!

I couldn't pull them up in the store as I did not want to make the famous email photo list of Walmart shoppers. I did go out to the car and make an adjustment...

Subsequent to this adventure, The Underwear Fairy brought me some brand new drawers!

I hope this isn't over sharing.

• tjsoccermom
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Started in the same size and the weight stopped coming off around the 180 lb mark (started close to 260). Trying to look at it with the point of view that I'd rather my size change than just the weight, but both would be awesome. I've been somewhat off the wagon lately, hoping now that I'm back on it will be like a jump start. Keep chugging along! Losing inches is awesome!
    althom2 wrote: »
    Huge NSV last night! My body is changing so much that I have to find new clothes almost weekly. My daughter says do you want to try on my jeans and I said sure and gave them a try, and they fit fine! Size sixteen! Then she hands me another pair of green like cargo pants and says try these, and I do, and they are just a little bit snug, size fourteen!! I started at a tight twenty two! Woo hoo! I've been a little discouraged lately because the scale isn't moving much. One of my friends said don't worry, the inches are still coming off. I guess they were right! Feeling awesome this morning.

• tjsoccermom
    Options
    Congratulations! May you have a lifetime of happiness together!
    missnade6 wrote: »
    My recent NSV is I got engaged today!!! I never thought a guy could ever love me this much!

• tjsoccermom
    Options
    Totally agree! Love yourself, you look great!
    My photographer fianceé always wants to photograph me but I used to practically never let him due to being too self-conscious about my weight, but I actually suggested to him he do a spontaneous fun mini-shoot with me the other day, just because we were bored and he was dying to shoot something, and I didn't hate myself in the photos! I still hated my face and hair, plus a few other niggling things, haha but overall I was happy. :)

There's nothing wrong with your face OR hair, you look absolutely amazing! :) Seriously, you're beautiful!

• tjsoccermom
    Options
    That is so AWESOME! Congrats!
    livityliv wrote: »
    I finished my first EVER duathlon (that I just found out about last night-a friend offered me a free race entry)!! So pumped and proud of myself...a few short years ago this would NOT have been possible! 1.97 mile run, 10.88 mile bike ride (omg hills), followed by another 1.97 mile run in rain and wind and I finished in 1:53:59 (My goal was under two hours!). The other part of the NSV is that my friend even considered asking me to do the race! I used to weigh over 300lbs...and now I'm one of the fit friends?! 31rwsrisuz6u.jpg

• tjsoccermom
    Options
    You should feel pretty because you are!!
    I feel pretty today.

• tjsoccermom
    Options
    WTG!! That's awesome progress!
    tk1dgr1 wrote: »
    Ran my first 8k this morning. Couldn't even run half a block when I started!

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I had to sew ribbon belt loops on my black dress pants so I can wear a belt with them (they are so loose that I was stepping on the hem). I substitute teach and won't need them again until next school year so I didn't want to buy a new pair, only to have them too big by the start of the year.
  • tjsoccermom
    Options
    WTG! Not always easy to admit to the bad! Those are the days you just don't even want to bother with!
    This is my 100th day logging. I've owned the good and the bad. I'm very proud of myself!

• bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Since the beginning of 2015, I have contined to keep my password something like "fit4life" as a constant reminder and mantra. With a sit down desk job calories have to be burnt at the workout studio. This has helped remind me all day!!
  • bketchum1981
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I had to sew ribbon belt loops on my black dress pants so I can wear a belt with them (they are so loose that I was stepping on the hem). I substitute teach and won't need them again until next school year so I didn't want to buy a new pair, only to have them too big by the start of the year.

Wearing a belt!!! Wahoo!!
  • bketchum1981
    Options
    kir911 wrote: »
    I can say i've logged my food and exercise consistently this whole week, and got a workout in every day! I finally feel like I am being consistent with both my food and exercise! To me that's huge!

Empowering!!! WTG!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I gained an inch...in my upper arm. :) (YAYOG)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I had to get to the local pharmacy last night to pick up my meds, and figured I'd walk there instead of driving. It took me about an hour to get there and back at ~3mph, but it's the first time I've done it. What a fabulous time!!
  • Sunshine1337
    Sunshine1337 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    LBeth1015 wrote: »
    So maybe not as big of a deal as some....but no more plus sizes for me and 4 lbs from Onederland where I have not been since probably freshman year of high school.

No more plus sizes is a big deal! I have worn them for over 30 years. Coming from 22W and I am finally in a 16W. No stopping me as this feels great! I celebrate your success
  • kimw11
    kimw11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had to reset the car seat to be closer to the wheel. Guess I'm not sitting on as much cushioning!
  • ronmilan
    ronmilan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sarahat10 wrote: »
    My nsv that here has been ice cream in my freezer for longer than 6 days. It's usually a whole quart gone in 24 hours !
    knt217 wrote: »
    Someone I don't remember seeing at the gym before stopped me today to tell me how great I'm looking. I love when someone you really don't know can recognize your weight loss!
    miinorawr wrote: »
    I've done my 30 active minutes according to my fitbit zip , and all before 930am! Very proud of myself :)
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    kab789 wrote: »
    I am not a runner never in all my 50 years have I ever run, maybe to catch a bus, maybe.
    I just finished C25K week 2 day three this morning, and because my girls wanted to do this too we went this afternoon and finished week 1 day2.

I hate to tell you, but ^this^ makes you a runner! There is no test to pass to qualify, if you run, you are a runner no matter what speed, or how far/long you run for. Welcome to the club :)
    cblue315 wrote: »
    CipherZero wrote: »
    "Cipher, can you and DYEL tech move the printer from the front to marketing's desk? Her printer just died."
    Me being me, I go over, pick up the printer, and ask were she'd like it put.
    "Wow," she says, "Okay..."

Apparently moving a 75lb printer on your own is an Incredible Feat of Strength.

Love this!
    JennyC123 wrote: »
    The last two weeks, my weight has only gone down about half a pound and I'm feeling really discouraged. My sister was uploading a ton of family photos from around six months ago to Facebook and scrolling through I found an extremely unflattering photo of me. I was bloated, shiny and sad. I showed the picture to my husband and asked him what he thought. He looked shocked and said to me "You know, you don't look like that anymore, right? You've been working so hard and that's not you". It was nice to hear the encouragement from him but that picture was all I needed to reset my focus.
    kimw11 wrote: »
    I had to reset the car seat to be closer to the wheel. Guess I'm not sitting on as much cushioning!
    lol
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    My smallest goal jeans fit. I've been keeping them around for years and they finally fit! Comfortably!
    Time for a new pair of goal jeans.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!