Options

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I have a gizmo that helps remove water retention so I use those, so water should not be a problem.
    What is this gizmo of which you speak?

Was wondering the same thing...
    Dialysis machine? Water pills (not what I'd call a gizmo)? Mogwai?

Turkey baster? Nasal aspirator?

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I have a gizmo that helps remove water retention so I use those, so water should not be a problem.

Was wondering the same thing...
    Dialysis machine? Water pills (not what I'd call a gizmo)? Mogwai?

Mogwai, Ba ha ha ha!

myepgkf3s64i.jpg

Maybe an ItWorks wrap!
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    I want to get a Papillon and name him Gizmo.

5geey56xriul.jpg
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I'm still just not believing those exercise numbers. Very, very, very few people could do 2000 calories of exercise day in and day out.

Professional athletes don't do that consistently, every day.
  • booksandchocolate12
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm still just not believing those exercise numbers. Very, very, very few people could do 2000 calories of exercise day in and day out.

I agree with you, but the OP is not budging on that. I think she's looking for a reason that doesn't indicate that she's eating too much and/or over-estimating her burns.

• MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    If you want advice from people who haven't counted their calories properly and then did count them properly and suddenly lost weight, the board is full of them.

If you want advice from people who continued to insist on not counting things properly, well, the board has a number of them, too. They have "been through it" as in they insisted that they were doing the right things. But they haven't "been through it" as in they ever corrected their unrealistic numbers or ever started to lose weight again.

What do you want people to say? That you can continue to do something that isn't working and get a different result? Or do you want people's permission to give up?

I really don't know what you hope to get out of this.

The bike may say 1,000 calories in an hour. It's just phenomenally unlikely that this is correct. 2,000 calories of exercise? That's like hiking the Bright Angel Trail (South Rm to Indian Gardens) EVERY SINGLE DAY and then doing another couple of flat miles on top of that!

That's like a 200-lb person walking at a BRISK pace on a level surface for SIX AND A HALF HOURS A DAY and covering nearly twenty miles!

That's a 4-hour, 50+ mile bike ride for that same person.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Options

I agree with you, but the OP is not budging on that. I think she's looking for a reason that doesn't indicate that she's eating too much and/or over-estimating her burns.

Well, the other alternative is that she's dying from kidney failure.

She can pick which one to believe.
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options

Well, the other alternative is that she's dying from kidney failure.

She can pick which one to believe.

Ha! You know, there probably are people out there who would pick "kidney failure", because it would absolve them of any personal responsibility.

Hopefully the OP isn't like that.

• seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    General tips to simplifying weight loss:
    1. Figure out your calorie needs at rest (Harris Benedict, Katch McArdle - whatever it is, pick one and stick with it); subtract 500 cals to aim for for 1lb weight loss per week
    2. Update the above equation every 10lbs lost because calorie needs keep going down as you lose weight
    3. Track all food intake - absolutely everything; if you can't track it, don't eat it
    4. Eat simple, whole foods such as vegetables and lean meats - 1 ingredient only (the food itself) or don't eat it
    5. Drink only water, unsweetened black tea, unsweetened black coffee - no Splenda, no nothing
    6. Exercise if you want, it's not required
    7. If you DO exercise, you need to be damn sure what the calorie expenditure is
    8. If you DO exercise, eat back your exercise calories following the rules here
    9. If you DO exercise, only do it when you feel rested, never when you feel "over exercised"
    10. Get enough sleep every day - 7 to 9 hours for nearly every adult on the planet
    11. Get a good, simple scale and weigh yourself every single morning, naked, after elimination - track this on MFP every day

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're way overestimating calories burned on the exercising bike IMO. I burn 200 in one hour going at 16mph (after which my legs are dead weight). I'm 37 and 133 pounds.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

What gizmo? Also, there is no way you're burning a 1000 calories in 40 minutes. If you're not losing, it's because you're not in a deficit and inaccurately giving yourself 500 calories in exercise is what's doing it.
  • Indigoblu1
    Indigoblu1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When going into starvation mode, your body signals that food is scarce and stores every piece of fat you eat, this is slow metabolism. When you eat healthy every three hours or so, the mind signals that food is in abundance and no need to store fat so you lose weight. This is a fast metabilism.

This is BS and annoying whenever somebody suggests it. No such thing as starvation mode.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    OP how much do you weigh, whats your height and age? I find it hard to believe you burn 1000 calories in 40 minutes thats virtually impossible and even top athletes wouldnt be able to burn at that rate. You however are telling us you can, so Id treat that with caution. Give us the info and ill have a look.

How fast are you going, what distance do you travel in those 40 minutes and how much wattage are you generating?

You do realise the machine is likely to be inaccurate?

Its possible to burn 1000 calories in an hour but youd have to be a top athlete.

When people say they are not losing its down to them being at maintenance, patience notwithstanding.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    General tips to simplifying weight loss:
    1. Figure out your calorie needs at rest (Harris Benedict, Katch McArdle - whatever it is, pick one and stick with it); subtract 500 cals to aim for for 1lb weight loss per week
    2. Update the above equation every 10lbs lost because calorie needs keep going down as you lose weight
    3. Track all food intake - absolutely everything; if you can't track it, don't eat it
    4. Eat simple, whole foods such as vegetables and lean meats - 1 ingredient only (the food itself) or don't eat it
    5. Drink only water, unsweetened black tea, unsweetened black coffee - no Splenda, no nothing
    6. Exercise if you want, it's not required
    7. If you DO exercise, you need to be damn sure what the calorie expenditure is
    8. If you DO exercise, eat back your exercise calories following the rules here
    9. If you DO exercise, only do it when you feel rested, never when you feel "over exercised"
    10. Get enough sleep every day - 7 to 9 hours for nearly every adult on the planet
    11. Get a good, simple scale and weigh yourself every single morning, naked, after elimination - track this on MFP every day

I'm ok with this list other than #4 and #5. Completely unnecessary.

• WinoGelato
    Options
    OP what brand of exercise bike is jt? I need to know so that I don't ever buy one.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I want to get a Papillon and name him Gizmo.

5geey56xriul.jpg

Oh, so cute! I hope you do, I love that.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

AV fistula?