Vitamins! What is YOUR Daily Regimen?

Options

Replies

• mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Multi, b12 and calcium as reccomended by my doc. If all goes well at my next blood test, I'll be off the b12.
  • Jaxxie1181
    Jaxxie1181 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I take a women's multi (Garden of Life MyKind) and a gummy CoQ-10. And I get the rest of my vitamins and minerals through the food I eat.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    One (and sometimes 2) Children's Flintstones Gummy Bear Vitamins <3 and a Biotin.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    lol so

DHA/EPA (~3g day, more DHA than EPA)
    CoQ-10
    vit B12
    vit D (10k iu currently)
    potassium+magnesium
    MyCommunity Host Defense (fungi blend)
    baby aspirin
    hawthorn berry

I also take melatonin at night as a sleep aid, 3mg

and I take creatine year-round, 5g
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    There's a very good book for all this
    The Real Vitamin and Mineral Book
    Also a good website for vitamin therapy:
    doctoryourself.com/

B6 is good for your nerves if you have problems with them. I had carpal tunnel and high doses of B6 cured it.
    Cayenne powder also helps circulation
    Vitamin E thins the blood and lowers the chance of blood clots although it's not recommended if you are having surgery
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Fish oil
    Folic acid
    Biotin
  • rsb1023
    rsb1023 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I take half a multi vitamin & I take vitamin D because mine is low per blood work
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used to take a whole bunch of various vitamins, but since I recently started drinking a Vegan Shakeology shake every morning I've stopped taking everything but B12 and Vitamin C.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I take
    basic multivitamin
    Additional Potassium because my diet and multi don't get me close to my needs
    A micro-nutrient supplement
    Glucosomin, Condroitin and MSM tripple strength joint supplement.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Currently taking the Nature Made Men's daily multivitamin pack with Lutein. When this supply runs out I might change it up but haven't decided yet. I have to avoid any supplements with iron, however.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Also, after this came out in the news I've been very suspicious of any herbal products:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/02/03/new-york-attorney-general-targets-supplements-at-major-retailers/?_r=0
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I take a prenatal. I get all my vitamins and my hair and nails are strong and shiny!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin.
    Twice a week B-complex. (Supposed to help with nerve regeneration & brain function.)
    Twice a week D. (Helps with brain function / mood, as well as maintaining bones.)
    When I was recovering from orthopedic surgery, I took more D as well as calcium & protein.

The vitamins it's easier to overdose on are fat-soluble: A, D, E, K.
    The vitamins it's hard to overdose on are water-soluble, which is everything else. Doesn't mean you can
    swallow a bottle of them, but don't worry too much if your nutrition graph shows you're at 500% once in
    a while.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I am always deficient in B6/12 and D so i take
    Multi
    D
    B complex
    Magnesium, potassium, calcium
    occasionally fish oil.
  • RobertDupuy
    RobertDupuy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I take no supplements but am really controlling with my food choices, hopefully getting what I need
  • FitPhillygirl
    Options
    Don't know why my post got removed but as it wasn't against the rules nor was it advertising. I haven't needed to take anything other than Vitamin C, B-12 and a Vegan Shakeology daily as it has a lot of vitamins and minerals in it already.
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I try and get everything from diet alone. No vitamin pills of any sort required thus far and no problems have arisen.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There's a very good book for all this
    The Real Vitamin and Mineral Book
    Also a good website for vitamin therapy:
    doctoryourself.com/

B6 is good for your nerves if you have problems with them. I had carpal tunnel and high doses of B6 cured it.
    Cayenne powder also helps circulation
    Vitamin E thins the blood and lowers the chance of blood clots although it's not recommended if you are having surgery

I'll have to look into vitamin E, I've had superficial thrombophlebitis before, as well as phlebitis.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    Don't know why my post got removed but as it wasn't against the rules nor was it advertising. I haven't needed to take anything other than Vitamin C, B-12 and a Vegan Shakeology daily as it has a lot of vitamins and minerals in it already.

Are you a beachbody coach by chance? Your other post got flagged because it sounded like spam.
  • FitPhillygirl
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »

Are you a beachbody coach by chance? Your other post got flagged because it sounded like spam.
    No, I'm not a coach, I don't sell or advocate their shakes as I think they are high in price. I get mine from eBay to save a few bucks. I only mentioned it as that has practically every vitamin that I take in it which is what this thread is about.