Meat eaters vs Vegans whats healthier

Options

Replies

• FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    oh lord here we go. :no_mouth:

I'll make this really short: I was sick as a vegan (normal vegan and low fat vegan) I'm healthier as a meat eater, but everyones miles may vary.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You could go to the eye Dr. for that.
    JoRocka wrote: »
    something wrong with your eye care professional?
    I have glasses from the eye doctor and would like to get rid of them for good. Even laser eye surgery doesn't last.

well if you just cut your eyes out for good then you won't need your glasses- and that's 100% guarantee.

No way food is going to magically fix your eyes site. Laser surgery will get you further faster than a diet based of woo.
  • HappyAnna2014
    HappyAnna2014 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    Whats Healthier please state reasons and show studies if possible to back your view of point confused I am thinking of trying vegan for a day

What do you think a day of anything will do? One day wont do or prove anything so I have a feeling you're trolling (considering previous posts by you as well) but I will respond.

I was a 333pound Vegan I'm now a 190 pound Vegan Distance runner which at last visit to the Drs had great bloods.

There are many healthy and fit people who eat meat and animal products.

Removing the ethical arguments (which to me is the main reason for being a Vegan) you can healthy and unhealthy diets with and without meat and animal products.
    The big concern with avoiding animal proteins are getting enough protein
    Just to add this is no concern and a Myth you have to try really hard not to get enough Protein

I totally agree with this poster, especially about getting enough protein. I never have trouble meeting my protein goals for the day. I love soy products (tofu, soy milk), beans, hummus (which is just mashed chickpeas)...just to name a few. Oh, and my doctor also loves my bloodwork now that I don't eat meat products, and says it is better than many of his younger patients.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I have glasses from the eye doctor and would like to get rid of them for good. Even laser eye surgery doesn't last.

well if you just cut your eyes out for good then you won't need your glasses- and that's 100% guarantee.

No way food is going to magically fix your eyes site. Laser surgery will get you further faster than a diet based of woo.

Paleo-approved contacts FTW!

And even I'm not even sure if srs or not...
  • PneumaVision
    PneumaVision Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat meat and nuts for breakfast and feel terrific and strong on about 1800 calories per day, but during orthodox Great Lent I strictly fast, eat no animal products of any kind (except shellfish are permitted), have very limited portions, and on some days nothing but water and herb tea: and during this forty days feel wonderful also. I think moderation in consumption plus eating a great variety of colorful foods leads to better health and better enjoyment of life. That said, there are things I don't eat at all like junk food, fast food, or pretty much any food I do not prepare myself.
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Actually going vegan for one day isn't such a bad idea. You might think it was awful and give it up. Or you might think it was pretty easy & good & try it for a second day. And that could be the beginning of a life long change.

I think any diet requires some thought, you don't want to end up on the junk food vegan diet.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options

You're so brilliant maybe you should cut your brain out and display it.

I'm willing to try to get better eyesight. I believe the body can heal itself given the proper nutrients. Maybe laser surgery is faster but there can be side effects, it will cost a lot more and it may have to be repeated in a few years.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @TheDevastator , if your eyesight is a result of a deformation of the eyeball or the lens, no tweaking of nutrition will help. It's kind of like trying to lengthen a leg through diet. I've always assumed the bad eyes in our family are congenital. I had a weird thing happen to me when I lost a significant amount of weight though. My eyesight improved!

BTW, there's glaucoma and diabetes in my family, so I get the back of my eye checked regularly. It's totally in the pink, with no sign of damage from diabetes or glaucoma.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I'm willing to try to get better eyesight. I believe the body can heal itself given the proper nutrients. Maybe laser surgery is faster but there can be side effects, it will cost a lot more and it may have to be repeated in a few years.

I'm just saying- it's a sure fire way to not need glasses any more. No eye site- no need for glasses. It's pretty factual.
    My brilliance doesn't require any adjustment- removing my brain wouldn't help or solve any of my issues. If it did I'd consider it!

The body can heal itself under certain conditions- in others- there is modern medicine. Poor eye site isn't typically something that is self healing- even with all the carrots in the world.
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Every person is different, and each person's body has different nutritional needs.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I'm just saying- it's a sure fire way to not need glasses any more. No eye site- no need for glasses. It's pretty factual.
    My brilliance doesn't require any adjustment- removing my brain wouldn't help or solve any of my issues. If it did I'd consider it!

The body can heal itself under certain conditions- in others- there is modern medicine. Poor eye site isn't typically something that is self healing- even with all the carrots in the world.

Yeah this. I have pretty bad eyesight (in the -13 and -14 range). That's one thing that's not really fixable, until I have cataract surgery down the road (I'm not a candidate for lasik surgery). I've never heard of someone actually trying to fix their eyesight with diet-that's uh interesting :p
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Being blind would suck so that's pretty stupid.
    Have you been on an all carrot diet?

I'm trying a diet high in spinach, squash, carrots, and almonds with a focus on all the micro-nutrients. I may be stuck with glasses but at least I will try this. If it doesn't help my eyes it will help my overall nutrition.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Agreed with others that say that neither is inherently healthy/not-healthy. I'm vegetarian and I've definitely been on both sides of the scale. I've been omnivorous and did the same. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    BTW, I suspect lowered blood pressure for the change in my eyes. A weird side-effect I never expected.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Being blind would suck so that's pretty stupid.
    Have you been on an all carrot diet?

I'm trying a diet high in spinach, squash, carrots, and almonds with a focus on all the micro-nutrients. I may be stuck with glasses but at least I will try this. If it doesn't help my eyes it will help my overall nutrition.

no I'm not saying it would be better or not- I'm just saying that you wouldn't need glasses any more- it's a solution to the problem. Didn't say you had to like it lol.

And no- I've never been on an all carrot diet- because it's completely unhealthy and doesn't suit any organization of macro or micro nutrients. ANY extreme in foods is typically unwise.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Michael Greger in that video uses fairly selective evidence for his veganism health claims.
    https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/death-as-a-foodborne-illness-curable-by-veganism/
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    no I'm not saying it would be better or not- I'm just saying that you wouldn't need glasses any more- it's a solution to the problem. Didn't say you had to like it lol.
    It's about the worst solution except maybe for cutting out your brain...
    And no- I've never been on an all carrot diet- because it's completely unhealthy and doesn't suit any organization of macro or micro nutrients. ANY extreme in foods is typically unwise.
    I was completely joking on that.
    jgnatca wrote: »
    @TheDevastator , if your eyesight is a result of a deformation of the eyeball or the lens, no tweaking of nutrition will help. It's kind of like trying to lengthen a leg through diet. I've always assumed the bad eyes in our family are congenital. I had a weird thing happen to me when I lost a significant amount of weight though. My eyesight improved!

BTW, there's glaucoma and diabetes in my family, so I get the back of my eye checked regularly. It's totally in the pink, with no sign of damage from diabetes or glaucoma.

I know that's the conventional answer. It's great that your eyesight improved. That's all I can hope for.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Not sure you understand the underlying cause of most people's nearsightedness.