Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Charlie003 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    You have a private room at work where you watch Netflix?

This. This is what I want to know more about. Do you work for Netflix?

No. We have our iPads and use company wifi. Shhhhhhhhh!

LOL. Is it possible that there's not really a "private Netflix viewing room" that employees are supposed to use for this purpose, and that's why your coworkers are being so passive aggressively hostile to you? :bigsmile: A Netflix viewing room at work, FML. :laugh: My work blocks Netflix and anything streaming from our network though. I suppose it's their fault if they haven't blocked it on yours!

We would revolt. It is open to anyone. They do block other sites, but it is important for morale.

Well, where I work, not *kitten* around at work is important for paychecks :bigsmile:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    It is for reasons such as this that I am grateful for my Resting *kitten* Face.

This.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

LOL. Is it possible that there's not really a "private Netflix viewing room" that employees are supposed to use for this purpose, and that's why your coworkers are being so passive aggressively hostile to you? :bigsmile: A Netflix viewing room at work, FML. :laugh: My work blocks Netflix and anything streaming from our network though. I suppose it's their fault if they haven't blocked it on yours!

We would revolt. It is open to anyone. They do block other sites, but it is important for morale.

Well, where I work, not *kitten* around at work is important for paychecks :bigsmile:

Wasn't OP doing this on lunch break? What's wrong with that? 9

• Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

Exactly, Netflix at lunch, MFP and reading during work...I do have work ethic after all.

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    I'd say "yes, I know...and guess what? I've lost 10lbs eating it, you should try it!" Then when they go and eat pizza and get fat I secretly laugh inside! Muahahahahahahaha! :D

You madam, are all sorts of awesome :)

Thanks! I try... :D
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

I might have to agree with you, but it's mainly the using of a conference room for this purpose that I find strange. Personally I work through lunch sometimes and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to quickly grab a couple people and use a conf room to sort things out. Alas, there's some guy watching his Netflix there. Hey, different work places. Even the "shhhh" notwithstanding, it's entirely possible there's no policy, explicit or unspoken, against watching bandwidth consuming content at the OP's workplace. Just thought I would throw a possible alternate view of the situation.

My comment about screwing around at work hard more to do with "revolting" in case they were asked to stop. We get new rules all the time and there's an extremely effective way to no longer be subject to them...
  • Charlie003
    Options

I might have to agree with you, but it's mainly the using of a conference room for this purpose that I find strange. Personally I work through lunch sometimes and it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to quickly grab a couple people and use a conf room to sort things out. Alas, there's some guy watching his Netflix there. Hey, different work places. Even the "shhhh" notwithstanding, it's entirely possible there's no policy, explicit or unspoken, against watching bandwidth consuming content at the OP's workplace. Just thought I would throw a possible alternate view of the situation.

My comment about screwing around at work hard more to do with "revolting" in case they were asked to stop. We get new rules all the time and there's an extremely effective way to no longer be subject to them...

No worries. The "revolt" is just an expression. Same thing for thr 'Shhhh" I am never literal with my expressions.. This is a room given to us for this purpose because management did not like us watching it at our desks. We are allowed to use company bandwidth. We also have yoga classes if we want too. Since I do my workout in the really early a.m. I go for Netflix. Plus.....it is hard to eat my pizza while doing yoga.

But different views are important.

• MelodyandBarbells
    Options

No worries. The "revolt" is just an expression. Same thing for thr 'Shhhh" I am never literal with my expressions.. This is a room given to us for this purpose because management did not like us watching it at our desks. We are allowed to use company bandwidth. We also have yoga classes if we want too. Since I do my workout in the really early a.m. I go for Netflix. Plus.....it is hard to eat my pizza while doing yoga.

That all actually sounds pretty awesome!

• Charlie003
    Options

The job is really stressful so management knows to let us decompress so there is less workplace burnout.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

The job is really stressful so management knows to let us decompress so there is less workplace burnout.

Damn was I wrong on that one. Here I thought all you did was eat Bon bons... oops I mean pizza and watch Netflix all day :laugh: Heh just kidding. Take care of yourself and your nosy coworkers!
  • Charlie003
    Options

Damn was I wrong on that one. Here I thought all you did was eat Bon bons... oops I mean pizza and watch Netflix all day :laugh: Heh just kidding. Take care of yourself and your nosy coworkers!

No worries. I like you. Feel free to friend me. Warning though, I talk a lot of s*it most of the time.

• snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I was at Costco the awhile ago, and I hear this 4 or 5 year old loudly proclaim to her mom, "Look, Mommy! That baby has a soda! That baby has a soda! He shouldn't have a soda."

It made me very sad because the behavior is starting early with this child. The baby was around 2 and clearly had water in the cup but my assumption was that a straw would be easier since he was still little.
  • ahennings19
    ahennings19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you can't be perfect all the time. There are days and moments you will slip up. Give it up, at the end of the week judge how you did for the week not how you did each day. I do my best to take each day at a time. Eat the best I can in the given situation. Drink my water, and concentrate on making me a better person!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've found that I get reverse food shamed a lot. I pack my lunch everyday simply because it is easier for me to log, a LOT cheaper, and I know that it will be something I actually enjoy. People are always saying "You're so healthy" or "Is that all you're really going to eat?" My go to response has become "Yup. You know it." They get the hint pretty quickly and leave me to me lunch.
  • rachelbouc
    rachelbouc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    One manager at work does that to me when I want a piece of candy or small piece of cake. "You shouldn't eat that". She has gluten and soy sensitivities so I just assume she's jealous that she just can't eat food. Therefore I eat it in her honor.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    It is for reasons such as this that I am grateful for my Resting *kitten* Face.

haha! yes!
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If someone can limit themselves to 1 slice (1/8 of a pizza) it is about 250 calories for pepperoni pizza. Yeah, it has fat and sodium to consider, but if you have room for it in your daily log, why not have pizza? Tell the trolls leave you to your lunch and find someone else to annoy.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    it is pizza day. holding a knife[/b

that's all I read. you are eating pizza with a knife. :( lolz

Eat that pizza and enjoy that Netflix.

I hate when ppl attempt to tell me how a burger is not good for my diet. FOH even if it isn't I am allowed to eat whatever I lke in peace...with Netflix....I do that too on my lunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    If someone can limit themselves to 1 slice (1/8 of a pizza) it is about 250 calories for pepperoni pizza. Yeah, it has fat and sodium to consider, but if you have room for it in your daily log, why not have pizza? Tell the trolls leave you to your lunch and find someone else to annoy.

Huh try 350-400... A plain pizza is often 300-350 for a slice for a large.
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Another possible response is one that might take a bit of practice to get right. The thing to say is, "Wow, that was rude. You must be so embarrassed!" But you have to say it in a really sympathetic tone of voice, like you are talking to your best friend who just belched loudly during a meeting with the CEO of her company. That usually shuts people down quick.