I need help ASAP

Options

Replies

• Storytella100
    Storytella100 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great thing by looking after yourself. Focus on the positives. Keep those feet moving.

Thank you very much and I wish you the best

• Storytella100
    Options
    You can do it OP!

U have all the BEST stats in your corner!

You are tall, young, and a male! A testosterone calorie burning machine!

I am a middle-aged, short, petite, woman, and I lost over a 100 lbs!!!

This will be easier than you know, you should be able to have a comfortable calorie allowance!

I only WISH I could have the calorie allowance of a 6'6'' male!!!!

You're so lucky!!!!!

Good luck!!!

Awwww thank you very much your very sweet
  • Storytella100
    Options
    vixmurphy wrote: »
    Good for you!!! As other users mentioned its a long road and not an easy one - BUT IT WILL BE WORTH IT! The thing that helped me is to make it a habit. The first month will be the hardest - after that the behaviors that you have in place will become habit and it will be easier.

The best diet is one you can stick to, start with small changes and keep integrating them for example; Step 1; Introduce more whole foods replacing any processed foods, Step 2; eliminate the bad foods, Step 3; learn about portion sizes! (i was shocked when i learnt what size actual portions are!) Step 4: calorie restriction & macros.

You will get there! :)

Thank you very much
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome! That very same thing happened to me at Dreamworld a few years ago.
    I wish you all the best! Just keep going... at least that is my motto thus far.
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Welcome! That very same thing happened to me at Dreamworld a few years ago.
    I wish you all the best! Just keep going... at least that is my motto thus far.

Thanks you we wish you the best as well
  • eDonatti
    eDonatti Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! (Or Croeso as we say I'm Wales).

Legoland is awesome. Must have been so gutting but let's use this to kickstart a change for your health.

Setting a positive example for your son by eating good, healthy foods and exercising, especially in ways that he can join in will help him to live that lifestyle too.

It's a long road. Like others say, go slow and steady rather than doing any crazy diets. Good luck!
  • Cazbee56
    Cazbee56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step back to healthy! All the advice you will get here will help you as you move towards your goals. Set small achievable weight goals to focus on and make sure you remember to note the non-weight signs, like loose pants and being able to play with your adorable son for longer! My advice to you is simple. Eat real food. Trust the process and mostly be patient!!

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hello OP, welcome. :)

When I first started logging my foods on MFP, I learned that I was consuming too much sugar and not enough salt each day. I also used to drink too many calories and too much sugar in my juices, coffee, tea, hot cocoa and milk. I was drinking so many calories that I didn't have much left for food! So I started drinking mainly just water and saving my calories for food. Just that one small change made a big difference. On your weightloss journey, you'll find that even just small adjustments toward better health will make a difference. Log every single thing that you eat and drink and move as much as you can. I've learned here that it's best not to eat back all of the calories I've burned when the goal is to lose weight. Eating back about half is said to be a good idea. Remember, the numbers on the scale may go up and down sometimes and it's fine because water weight fluctuates in our bodies. First thing in the morning after you use the restroom is the best time to jump on the scale. Even more accurate than the scale is to take your measurements every few weeks and write them down and/or log them into MFP. Sometimes the scale doesn't say you've lost weight, but your measurements will say you've shrunk.

These are just a few tiny bits of advice that have helped me and I hope that they will also help you.

Best of luck on your journey! :|
  • maryerline
    maryerline Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Nice suit! Congrats on the new job. Once you start making positive changes in one area of your life it spreads to other areas. How do you like using the food scale?
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Wow thank you everyone for your great words of wisdom. I'm not gonna lie tears came out of my eyes when I wasn't made fun of and people actually cared to encourage me.

making the decision to do this is, almost, the hardest part!! Use MFP's guidelines, log everything and you will see that you start looking at food in a different way. My best tips -- make regular time to exercise, get a trainer at a gym if you can afford it (this will help with motivation and accountability -- and they have expertise to help you work on cardio, core and strength training, Drink water -- lots and lots of water. If you're drinking soda -- let it go. Log everything -- the good, the not-so-good and the downright ugly.

Remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. It's taken me 18 months to lose 45 pounds and drop 3 sizes.

And my personal favorite -- You GOT this!!!!

Wow thank you so much

• Storytella100
    Options
    maryerline wrote: »
    Nice suit! Congrats on the new job. Once you start making positive changes in one area of your life it spreads to other areas. How do you like using the food scale?

It's amazing I didn't even know they existed until now
  • Storytella100
    Options
    Thanks again guys for are of your encouragement
  • Storytella100
    Options
    It really brings tears to my eyes
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Grats on the new job... And the new scale!

Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just now saw the update about the new job! Looking snazzy! Good luck - hope all goes well.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    You have had some great advice about measuring food. That is a great start. As they say, weight loss starts in the kitchen. So if you want calories in to be less than calories out (CICO), then start with calories in.

At some point, you might consider investing in an activity tracker (Fitbit, Garmin Vivofit, etc.) if you think that will help motivate you to move more. These are devices that you wear in order to track energy expended (calories out).

As far as exercise, you also could try finding activities that you enjoy because it is easier to stick with something you enjoy. As you might notice from my pic, hiking is my cardio activity of choice. For some, it is running. Some people enjoy swimming, or tennis, or one of many other things.

Finally, don't forget the importance of medical advice. If you haven't had a physical in the last year, schedule one now. If you have, then consider an additional appointment to make a weight loss plan. Either way, make sure to get your physician's support in making a healthy plan.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Food scales are neat, eh?

You know you're hooked when you get nervous leaving town without it. I'm driving to my mom's house tonight for the weekend and I'm leaving the scale at home so my husband can use it! :/:o
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    You have had some great advice about measuring food. That is a great start. As they say, weight loss starts in the kitchen. So if you want calories in to be less than calories out (CICO), then start with calories in.

At some point, you might consider investing in an activity tracker (Fitbit, Garmin Vivofit, etc.) if you think that will help motivate you to move more. These are devices that you wear in order to track energy expended (calories out).

As far as exercise, you also could try finding activities that you enjoy because it is easier to stick with something you enjoy. As you might notice from my pic, hiking is my cardio activity of choice. For some, it is running. Some people enjoy swimming, or tennis, or one of many other things.

Finally, don't forget the importance of medical advice. If you haven't had a physical in the last year, schedule one now. If you have, then consider an additional appointment to make a weight loss plan. Either way, make sure to get your physician's support in making a healthy plan.

ETA: Also, the small choices add up. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park at the end of the parking lot and walk. At the sub shop, order a salad instead of a sub to save calories from breading.
  • Storytella100
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Hey, I just now saw the update about the new job! Looking snazzy! Good luck - hope all goes well.

Awwwww thank you sweat heart. And I got the manual thanks again