Easy Chicken Recipes for the Oven

Options
AngelaLVGJN
AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
Does anyone have any super easy chicken recipes that I can bake in the oven? I am talking like 5-10 min prep max and I can put them in the oven for 30 min to 1 hr and wallah - dinner is done type or recipes. Any suggestions for sides to go with that are super easy would be appreciated as well. Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• HealthyEscape
    HealthyEscape Posts: 255
    Options
    BUMP
  • craigh04
    craigh04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My fav is curry brown sugar chicken!

Pat chicken breast or filet dry
    Season with tiny bit of Natures Seasoning or salt
    Some garlic powder
    Curry (I COVER it lol)
    Then pack on both sides with light brown sugar

Place in lightly greased baking dish in 400 degree oven and WALLAH :)

The brown sugar sometimes will get all liquified and make a yummy sauce :)

Honey Chicken
    Season breast with Nature's Seasoning
    Cover in honey
    Bake in oven, turning halfway
    I usually bake mine in a small frying pan

Roasted red potatoes with dijon mustard
    Dice potatoes
    Season with thyme, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, and cayenne if you like it hot
    Place in lightly greased DARK pan (I like round cake pans)
    Bake at 400 to 425, checking and stirring every 10 to 20 minutes. Depending on the size and how many potatoes you have, could take 30 minutes or so.
    Chop scallions and place in pan and pop back into oven for a few minutes
    Cover in dijon mustard :)
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    you might try this site....http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes-00412000068136/page90.html
    100 chicken recipes...some can probably made ahead and frozen.
  • brookiemo
    brookiemo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    One really great one I found recently in my Eat This Not That Recipe Book:

Serves 4:

1/2 can black beans drained
    Juice of 1 lime
    1/4 tsp cumin
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 tbsp olive oil
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6oz each)
    1 cup salsa verde
    1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
    chopped fresh cilantro

::preheat oven to 450. Combine the black beans and cumin in a saucepan and heat all the way through. Squeeze in the lime juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, but warm before serving.

::Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper and sear in the hot pan for 4 to 4 minutes on the first side, until a nice crust develops, then flip. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, then spoon the salsa over the meat, top with the cheese, and place in the oven. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is fully melted and bubbling, no more than 5 minutes. Divide the bean among 4 plates, top with the chicken and garnish with cilantro.

:: 330 calories per serving, 12 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 480 mg of sodium.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    A good side is tomato and cucumber salad with light dressing. I like onions and feta with mine too. I cut up some non carb veggies and cook them up with some chicken broth. brown instant rice is low cal and easy. i make mine with chicken broth instead of water and butter. i roasted up some new baby potatoes the other day cut in half spritz with oil and season with salt pepper and whatever you like to use. 30 minutes and they should be ready. i do that with sweet potatoes too.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My family loves this: Chicken Parmesean Casserole
    3 chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
    1/2 package roasted potatoes (frozen ones)
    2 12 oz. packages of frozen mixed brocolli, cauliflower, carrots
    Italian Seasoning (to suit your taste- we use alot)
    1/4- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese

Oven on 385 degrees. Spray 13 X 9 pan with PAM. Mix all ingredients in pan and bake 20 min- stir- bake another 20 min- stir. Casserole is done when juices in chicken run clear. I added this to my recipes- but kaint remember the cal count.... I'll get it and add it.....
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    I just remembered one i made black beans with chopped onions and chicken broth last week. I just let it sit and cook while the rest was cooking. i had it as a side but the chicken breast and brown rice were bland so we allused the beans as a topping, spooned it all over the chicken an drice and it was really tasty. i also made a meatless stir fry with that dinner.
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    previous recipe- serves 4- but I have "big eaters"- my serving size is 1 Cup to 1 1/2 Cup at 271 calories. Hope this helps!
  • ChantalGG
    Options
    My family loves this: Chicken Parmesean Casserole
    3 chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
    1/2 package roasted potatoes (frozen ones)
    2 12 oz. packages of frozen mixed brocolli, cauliflower, carrots
    Italian Seasoning (to suit your taste- we use alot)
    1/4- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese

Oven on 385 degrees. Spray 13 X 9 pan with PAM. Mix all ingredients in pan and bake 20 min- stir- bake another 20 min- stir. Casserole is done when juices in chicken run clear. I added this to my recipes- but kaint remember the cal count.... I'll get it and add it.....

This sounds so good! I've made stuff like this but with a can of some cream soup added, this was before i started watching calories. I will have to try this. thanks.
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to try some of these. I have two young kids and am working too, so I don't have a lot of time. I needed a recipe I could make in a flash. Gonna try the Chicken Parmesan Casserole tonight I think as I have all of the ingredients:)
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    1) Take Italian bread crumb and mix with parmisian cheese. Roll the chicken in it and bake.

2) Chicken breast in pan add cream of mushroom soup and bake.
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have one...but it's not for the oven, but the crock pot. Takes 5 minutes to prep and set it and forget it!

Ingredients:

Chicken Breasts - how many ever you want
    Jar of your favorite salsa (I experiment with different flavors)
    Jasmine Rice

Put chicken breasts in crock pot...dump jar of salsa over. Cook in crock pot 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.

At meal time, prepare Jasmine rice as directed on package. Serve chicken over rice.

This is awesome as leftovers as well. My family loves this dish...and I love that it literally takes me less than 5 minutes to prep.
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Taco Chicken (packets) ..... look for Reynolds wrap recipes... super simple

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    Taco seasoning mix (couple teaspoons)
    Salsa
    Cheddar cheese

Layer ingredients on a piece of foil. Bring edges of foil together (form a tent) and seal together. Bake 30 min @ 400°

Optional - top with sour cream
  • KarenPopoff
    KarenPopoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump