Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Oh good! I'm glad he made it.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: I read a book for someone, and I didn't like it and I made it very clear why in my assessment. Now they are asking me to read the 2nd draft - where they hopefully fixed some of the issues - and I don't want to (whine), but I am going to anyway because I want the money. Is that awful? I guess this is sort of my job, but ugh. Not a fan.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    My absolutely most favorite desserts are those with lime, lemon, or coconut.
    I found a macaroon brand at a local dollar store without chocolate and they are soooooo good.
    I put them in the freezer and grab one when I want a treat. Yummmmm! And at 60 cals each.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

Edited to add: Just did the MFP calculator:

1100 in
    497 out
    BMR: 1,985
    Daily Deficit: 1,382

that's about 3 lbs per week - the maths add up!
    Back (way back) in my early 20's I took Dexatrim every day. I painted every room in my house, landscaped my yard and chased a toddler while I lost weight. I don't think I slept at all. I might have eaten something, once, but I'm not sure.

It was the 80's, don't judge. :)

They have long since taken that Dextatrim off the market. It was nice to get sooooooo much done but I don't think I'd do that again anyway.

The advantage of being young is the general ability to bounce back from short term bad choices.

I LOVED that Dexatrim. I totally lost weight on it. I have tried diet pills in the last few years, and they were useless. I gave up.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am still two pages behind and have to leave now for my PT appt....thanks guys, lol.

Then I must go to the gym since I didn't go this morning due to staying up late with night hawk daughter.

See ya'll tonight!

I am up to six new friends! Anyone else wanna add me, please feel free!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

Edited to add: Just did the MFP calculator:

1100 in
    497 out
    BMR: 1,985
    Daily Deficit: 1,382

that's about 3 lbs per week - the maths add up!
    Back (way back) in my early 20's I took Dexatrim every day. I painted every room in my house, landscaped my yard and chased a toddler while I lost weight. I don't think I slept at all. I might have eaten something, once, but I'm not sure.

It was the 80's, don't judge. :)

They have long since taken that Dextatrim off the market. It was nice to get sooooooo much done but I don't think I'd do that again anyway.

The advantage of being young is the general ability to bounce back from short term bad choices.

I LOVED that Dexatrim. I totally lost weight on it. I have tried diet pills in the last few years, and they were useless. I gave up.

Once they banned ephedrine, none of the diet pills worked for anyone. Oh the '80's.....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    And so it begins... My dad and step-mother are taking me out for a birthday dinner tonight. I have started logging what I suspect I will be eating. Fried chicken. This place has the best fried chicken but the calories are off the charts. I have been doing really well for the past 70 day, not once over maintenance. I really don't want to blow it this weekend just because it is my birthday. I just don't see how I'll be able to resist.

I am seriously considering telling them I am too sick to go.

I hate that... I can never decide if I want to indulge or if I want to be good and end up being pissed off and not wanting to go. Can you ask to go somewhere else? And ask yourself, are you REALLY craving fried chicken? If not, maybe get something else?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Gotcha. Sorry.

ETA: I remember that now. Confession: I suck at remembering everyone's life details.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @FroggyBug I'm sorry to say I agree with you and I do think that you should definitely concede that he's had his last chance. He doesn't deserve any more opportunities to make you feel as terrible as he has been. Don't give him that power over you. From everything I've seen here you seem like such a lovely person and I believe you can do better. And be happier for it.

It's funny that you mentioned about songs earlier. I've been thinking about you when I hear songs on the radio and singing along passionately on your behalf. My favourite being 'better off (now that you're gone)' by lady antebellum. I misheard the lyric as "I'm through with you, I'll forget your @$$ and move on" I looked it up and it's forget your kiss. I think I prefer my version.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you feel any of this is insensitive, but everything you've said recently does just make me think you should just tell him where to go.

Haha thanks for the part about the song. I'll have to look that one up. But yea, it seems like I'm either just noticing because of what is going on or songs on the radio are all about leaving people these days... hmm.

I appreciate the words of kindness!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    If I had packed anything else to eat, this frickin' hard boiled egg that will not peel would be in the garbage right now! I confess I am irrationally angry at an inanimate object.

I so feel your pain! I hate peeling eggs...I suck at it.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    In the interest of staying on track on this thread...

Confession: I have gained 16 pounds since I started this job in November. Granted it's a desk job, and I came from a fairly active job where I was on my feet a lot. This morning I was down two pounds from my current highest weight. However, my MFP weight is still lower than where I am currently, so I can't log the loss. And that makes me a little sad. :'(

I have also been working SL 5X5s since November. I'm starting to feel strong! Last night I did 190 lbs on my squat, tried for 75 pounds on my OHP (but couldn't finish all my reps on the last set), and 215 on my deadlift. Lost my grip on the last deadlift. I think I need some deadlifting gloves to help my grip. I am going to be trying 120 pounds on my bench press tomorrow night, and 105 on my rows. I <3 lifting!

105lb rows!?! You go girl! Man, that is the lift that I'm having the most trouble with - my body keeps wanting to cheat, and rise up. I'll get there eventually, but that is the lift I fail most often and have made the least progress on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I've been lurking since page 1... wasn't planning to post was just enjoying the confessions. Then the thread went on, and on, and on, and I never felt it was the right opportunity to post anything. Just wanted to say that there are probably lots of us who enjoy this thread, who empathise, who find it interesting, who laugh and cry along with everyone else, and might not post a lot but thoroughly enjoyed it, and hopefully will continue to do so.

My confession (I feel the need to contribute at least once) is that I skipped breakfast today so I could go for a waffle and ice-cream for lunch and I also have a take-away curry for dinner tonight. I use CICO when it suits me!

I am in maintenance at the moment as I have started NROLFW and am enjoying eating all the foods now, but this is the first time I've had ice-cream for lunch and I have no regrets!

No regrets! Often on the weekends, I don't eat breakfast because I know I'll eat a high calorie dinner and have cocktails. Welcome to the thread!

That's actually my weight loss "secret". I am not a morning person, and my stomach is on message, so I hardly ever eat breakfast. It gives me more room in the rest of my day, and I can eat a bigger meal during my starving time aka evening.

I don't eat until 9:30 or 10:00 and I get up around 5:00. I figure, why waste the calories if I'm not hungry?

Exactly. Also, I notice if I do eat early, I feel more hungry throughout the day than on days where I wait to eat.

Pretty much. That's why I hate days when I get up at 5am and I'm starving. My day is all screwed up. I end up having dinner at 4pm or something and half the time I'm fine, the other half I feel weak and need to eat again by 7pm and end up going over (like last night).

I used to never be hungry for breakfast, but now that I have dinner at 6pm or before and I don't snack after, I'm definitely hungry by 8am most mornings. I'm jealous of people who don't need breakfast, honestly, but I'm guessing they eat later than I do.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

I never put judgy pants on when I see diaries! I understand what it's like to struggle, and plus I just get jealous when it's full of yums... :p But yours is private, I can't even see it even though we're friends--so nobody can put judgy pants on at all! ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    We decided to have a little White Trash Date Night last night and went to Red Lobster. My husband and I both worked at the Olive Garden when we were nineteen or so, and occasionally we get cravings for those stupid cheese biscuits that cannot be denied (a souvenir of the illicit parking-lot trades we used to do with the RL servers: bags of breadsticks for bags of biscuits.)

I can't believe we still eat that garbage once a year, but it was kind of fun anyway. It feels like returning to 1995 every time you walk inside. And every drink on the drink menu is sweet and slushy. And everything comes frozen out of a bag and then fried. It's so bizarre! But the less said about the clientele, the better (because, uh, no judgement....but wow. I mean, I get that it's a terrible restaurant and all, but are your cartoon-themed pyjamas really the appropriate sartorial choice for being out in public? They look great with your trucker hat and stained, white-with-no-bra tank top though...)

Bizarro-world, man.

Sound to me like the Wal-Mart of restaurants :p

What's funny to me is that the Red Lobster restaurant is considered a really upscale, super fancy restaurant here. We went there ONE time, just to try it, and spent almost 150 USD on our dinner. O.o If that's low-class, I can't afford to be high class!

That IS funny. Here they have a real reputation as, like....hillbilly fine dining. A lot of jokes get made because of the whole "People of Walmart" vibe. When we worked at the Olive Garden we could be pretty cruel about it in the kitchen, which I feel kinda bad about...but then when we now go to eat Cheddar Bay biscuits and deep-fried coconut shrimp and see people changing their babies on the table and saying things like "Gross, it smells like fish or something in here!" or yelling at the servers to bring them another Budweiser, we remember why we made so much fun back in the day as we glopped premade alfredo sauce out of a 10 gallon bucket onto everything.

But they are definitely not expensive here, either...my husband got something hilariously called the "Admiral's Feast" last night that came with a starter salad, lobster, crab legs, shrimp, and two sides and it was like $30 and one of the most expensive things on the menu. For comparison, where we live, a steak at a mid-priced chain (not a fine-dining kind of place but not bottom of the barrel) can easily run that same price or up to about $40, and a burger at a sit-down, inexpensive diner kind of place will often be around $15.

It's just a weird, anachronistic kind of place, at least here, a weird holdout from the 90s with gross carpet and vaguely sticky menus.

Nope, definitely doesn't match the Red Lobster we went to! It was decorated like a fine dining establishment; clean, tasteful, quiet, etc. And everything on the menu was crazy expensive. Even the starters were ridiculously priced! We enjoyed it, but said a definite "never again" after we saw the receipt. ;)
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    If I had packed anything else to eat, this frickin' hard boiled egg that will not peel would be in the garbage right now! I confess I am irrationally angry at an inanimate object.

An ice bath after cooking can help with the peeling process. I understand the frustration. I hate it when the eggs don't peel right!

And you gotta peel 'em right away! I never have any success if I leave them in the shell for any length of time.

OK. I'm confused now. I cooked two. One wouldn't peel for nothing and the other one peeled fine. I think I got a defective egg. ;)

I will admit there are times I get an egg that is just obstinate and will not peel correctly. I hate losing any of the darn thing because it is stuck to the shell. I have used the baking soda in the water, ice bath and those seem to help some, about the only thing I have not tried is cooking them in the oven. That just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Two Easter's ago I tried the cooking in the oven trick, and even though I followed the directions exactly, the eggs did not cook through all the way. They seemed done while we were coloring them, and I didn't realize it until the next morning when the kids were trying to eat them that the middle was gross. Never again.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Im having a bit of a friending spree, so if I missed you I'm really sorry, but please feel free to add me, if you like that sorta thing. If you don't, I won't be offended if you decline

I am about to do the same thing! :)

Thank you for including me in your spree! I feel totally special!
  • catruledquilter
    catruledquilter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    [quote="KrisiAnnH;32927543

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

It's definitely not "just a dog"...but a family member and a friend. Putting our 15.5 year old dog down last summer was seriously the hardest thing ever...but it had to be done. He was at the point where he couldn't live/breathe outside of an oxygen chamber. I think about him every single day and still "say goodnight" to him every night when I go to bed. I just try to remember the absolutely awesome 15 years I got to spend with him! <3

Edit: I somehow messed that up with the quoting..

Awh that's a lovely story, that's actually made me feel a lot better, thank you :) She's able to eat and walk on her own, but I think the deciding factor was this weekend when she couldnt get up off the kitchen floor on her own, and my mum and I had to lift her up. She was fine once she was on her feet but still... At least I live close enough that I can pop back and see her before she goes, I'm just a bit worried that me getting upset may upset her, dogs have a tendency to pick up on these things. [/quote]

NOT just a dog....those are family members! I guess you missed how upset I was over my rodent, I cried for days!

I am actually sending a thank you card out to my vet today......[/quote]

I agree...definitely not "just a dog" ... animals become members of our families! I am owned by 3 cats...one is almost 15 and still in good health. In the past 2.5 years, I've had to euthanize 2 older cats...one 16 and one 17. I'd had them since they were tiny kittens. It was hard but the kindest thing to do for them. I still miss them but my 2 younger cats do make me laugh! One is 3.5 and the other is not quite 8 months old.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    In the interest of staying on track on this thread...

Confession: I have gained 16 pounds since I started this job in November. Granted it's a desk job, and I came from a fairly active job where I was on my feet a lot. This morning I was down two pounds from my current highest weight. However, my MFP weight is still lower than where I am currently, so I can't log the loss. And that makes me a little sad. :'(

I have also been working SL 5X5s since November. I'm starting to feel strong! Last night I did 190 lbs on my squat, tried for 75 pounds on my OHP (but couldn't finish all my reps on the last set), and 215 on my deadlift. Lost my grip on the last deadlift. I think I need some deadlifting gloves to help my grip. I am going to be trying 120 pounds on my bench press tomorrow night, and 105 on my rows. I <3 lifting!

Does your workplace have standing desks available? Sometimes all you need to do is ask for one.

And WOW, that is fantastic work on your lifting! I love it when women lift. Strong is so beautiful!

I so wish we had standing desks! My cousin's work has 4 desks attached to treadmills and you can request to use them for the day. SO JEALOUS

I just ordered and got a standing desk. I have to have it installed now. No treadmill though. I am not sure I am coordinated enough to walk and type at the same time!
  • berlynnwall
    Options

Gotcha. Sorry.

ETA: I remember that now. Confession: I suck at remembering everyone's life details.

Me too. I try really hard, but I lose it. When people use each other's first names it takes me too long to remember who they are talking to. I totally care about everyone, but I remember very few names. Don't feel bad though, it happens to me in real life too. I blame it on lack of sleep.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.

Fixed that for you!