What's your guilty pleasure food

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    spat095 wrote: »
    There are a lot, haha, but if I had to choose one I seriously cannot manage portion control with, it would be banana bread fresh out of the oven with butter on it....omg.

Is lack of portion control the criterion for "guilty pleasure" food? I thought it was feeling guilty over how much pleasure you took from eating the food.
  • shaybuggie
    shaybuggie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sushi, sausage pizza, and tiramisu gelato are my HUGE ones.
  • Tmdesir
    Tmdesir Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    jconnon wrote: »
    Ice cream, its always ice cream.
    Me too!!! I LOVE ice cream!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty eating this but, my parmesan cheese pasta blows my 1200 out of the water. There is no just eating 2 ounces of it. 8 oz of buttery cheesy pasta! I eat it about once a month but, I have cheat days. Which not a lot of ppl on here agree with them but, it has been working for me.
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Pancakes with peanut butter and maple syrup.

YES YES YES!! So good.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Im not sure because I think guilt is just a massive waste of time especially over food. I just eat it and if its over so be it. If its high calorie foods id like to eat loads of, then it would either be chinese, chcolate or chips.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Hostess / Little Debbie baked goods.

I know you can make your own or get them from a good baker, but I do love a good sticky bun.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    For me craft beer, is that a food?

Of course it is! Mine is wine. A damn good California pinot noir.
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For me, cheese puffs - preferably cheetos or Whole Foods Bearitos - or cheddar flavored rice cakes. No nutritional value, and I can easily go through an entire bag in an evening so I don't even buy them.

I like pizza, sushi, ice cream, gyros, and other high fat foods etc, but don't necessarily feel guilty about occasionally indulging as they all have ::some:: nutritional value...there is no nutritionally sound reason to eat cheese puffs, unfortunately.
  • Sweetie_1103
    Sweetie_1103 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nachos and a Starbucks frappuccino.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty about eating anything.

The food I have the most portion control issues with, but still eat because I love it so, is the naan when I go to an Indian restaurant.

More generally, good food from a variety of local restaurants--not usually a portion control issue, but just a matter of higher calorie food I fit into my overall diet regularly because I enjoy it (and the whole restaurant experience) so.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Country fried steak and eggs with sausage gravy.

But I haven't had it in years. At 1500+ calories it just doesn't fit in with my goals.
  • get_rucked
    get_rucked Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Humans.

LOL :D

• khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't have many "guilty pleasures", but I can eat enough of the following things to certainly make me feel embarrassed:

1. Cheese
    2. Pizza
    3. Wine/liquor/beer
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake especially baked. No guilt, don't care, it's a free pass regardless of cals that day because I rarely make it. So when someone else does, it's a no brainer.
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Beer or ice cream
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, thankfully I only get this a couple of times a year when I go to the Cheesecake Factory.
    As often as possible!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've been realizing lately that if I feel guilty about eating something this reduces a lot of the pleasure so if I'm deciding to eat something high in calories it had better be pleasureable! I think that's what got me here in the first place, but I'm getting better about this.

I actually spit out a piece of chocolate the other day because it was a little stale so I decided it wasn't "worthy" of the calories. On the other hand, I seem to have lower standards for pizza. I wish I was pickier about that!

ETA; grammar
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont feel guilt over any food I eat.