What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I kinda miss being able to bulldoze my way through crowds.

Lol!
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Improvements in skin has been a nice, unexpected side effect. I think lowering refIned carbs and sugar and upping water has really benefitted my face AND my waistline!
  • MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Options

cblue315 wrote: »
    How good it feels to have people at the gym comment on your progress. Yes, I am doing this for me but it is good to know someone else notices.

I've lost around 50lbs so far and apart from my mother and a childhood friend, no one tells me anything, unless I mention it. Don't get me wrong I'm really happy that those two noticed. I wanted to jump in the air, but I thought I could get motivation and support from more people. I wonder why they are staying so silent, I mean 50lbs is noticeable, right? It would really help me, since I am not done yet.

The new problem I've encountered is with my underwear. They keep slipping and the leg holes are way too big lol. I need a new set lol

I've thought the same regarding people noticing my weight loss(besides close family). But somebody posted a good reason for that. Weight is a touchy thing and many may not want to embarrass us. Lol, with that said I know that I want people today ,"you've lost weight", and I'm only down 25lbs. Oh well, you know how hard you've worked for this. You rock!!

Thank you :smile: I've recently have been getting more support and it feels great. 25lbs, that's awesome!
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can keep up with it
  • rhonda6869
    rhonda6869 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    + You realize you don't need to go into the handicap stall in the bathroom any more to feel like you have enough room. Strange things like that.

Wow!! I didn't realize that's why I go on the handicapped stall.
    Same here!
  • gherring2014
    gherring2014 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That Toddlers jumping all over you now really hurts! Especially the hips and ribs. Ouch!
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    dragyou wrote: »
    Not having to hold my breath while I go down to put my socks on..

I can't wait for this.
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    AmbyrJayde wrote: »
    How surprisingly good you'll feel. Like you don't notice aches and pains and how bad you look in pictures and then suddenly its 20/30/100 pounds later and you're like hot damn.
    My wish!!
  • rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fionalew wrote: »
    What no one told me about being on MFP is how I would trade a food addiction for a forum addiction. I find myself checking in on the threads waaaaay too much during my work day!

Yup.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I kinda miss being able to bulldoze my way through crowds.

I was never one to bulldoze my way through a crowd, but I've walked fast since 8th grade (even when I was at my heaviest, I would often walk 4-5 mph). As a short guy, that often means I have to slip through small spaces between other people (by the time they see me, they can't just get out of the way). I wish I could say that is easier now, but I've not noticed a difference.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am really realizing how true this is. I am working for the third year as a seasonal at a company. A couple of months after I finished my second season, I started this journey. When I returned to work for my third season I went back 45 pounds lighter. Since our season is only 3 months long each year (its for the state Revenue Department) the turn over is high for the seasonal staff. About half the people I work with are new so they don't know me from before. The regulars didn't get to know me well enough to really remember how much bigger I was the previous two seasons. But the one thing that I noticed is how much nicer everyone was to me this season. The previous two seasons they were downright rude at times and I totally accepted it. Once I realized this it made me reflect back on my life. It was an eyeopener to see how cruel people can be to overweight people. I've had co-workers in the past tell me that they were surprised at how quick I caught on because they thought all fat people were lazy. So far I'm down 62 pounds and still have a good 50 to go but I notice in all aspects of my life I get better treatment now than prior to losing weight? Why? I'm still the same person I was before.

This makes me sad. I was not even obese (not that this would be okay if I had been)--just went from the high end of the "healthy range" for my height to the lower end--and the difference in the way strangers treat me kind of blows my mind. Clothes shopping is the most obvious one, but even everyday interactions in the grocery store, post office, etc. It's disturbing, because I'm sure it's completely unconscious, but it is very noticeable.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    A combination of losing 58 pounds, eating healthily and exercising 600 calories a day has totally transformed me physically, but above all, mentally. I have so much more drive, ambition and I feel organised and in control of my life. Nobody told me that serious phobias would go away, or that I would get back to the discipline of writing and publish my first novel for adults! It is definitely about so much more than just looking good in clothes. I am 65 now and hope to get younger each year!

I love this!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!