What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• realcamillecannon
    realcamillecannon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

why is sitting and laying down uncomfortable?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    Nobody told me that I have to be my own biggest supporter. My own biggest fan. And that if I didn't want others to belittle, berate, or beat me down for not the greatest choices, then I couldn't do it to myself.

I can't be hoping for affirmations from others or for others to notice.

I didn't know how many people could/would give "back-handed" compliments. Or how painful they would be.

I didn't know how strong, committed, dedicated, and tenacious I am. I do now.

This post brought tears to my eyes. I can totally relate. Thanks for writing this.

I made a post it note so I can see it at work! It really hit home with me.
  • LaceyRuth
    LaceyRuth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    REGRETTING DELETING ALL THOSE OLD FAT PICS FOR COMPARISON!!!
    AMEN

• Sandra_Curtis
    Sandra_Curtis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    None of my shoes are small enough. I loved those shoes!
    It's hurts to sit on my butt without cushioning. I guess I'll get up and move more!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    [quote="derkin2005;32244424"
    Because your body now has much less "cushion" in certain areas [/quote]

Can I just say your before/after pics show an amazing and really inspiring change.
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    [quote="derkin2005;32244424"
    Because your body now has much less "cushion" in certain areas

Can I just say your before/after pics show an amazing and really inspiring change. [/quote]

Thank you. A lot of work, and still going :)
  • Sil_76
    Sil_76 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That i would be able to feel my tailbone. My back area lost fat i didnt want to leave.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    derkin2005 wrote: »
    I personally find the new "positive" attention insulting. I was interesting when I was heavy but now... Just shows how shallow people can be. That being said you will amaze yourself with the things you can accomplish.

Exactly. Makes me feel uncomfortable at times how some people treat me and it's because I am fitter now. I feel my size/weight should not matter. I get more positive attention from women and intimidate more guys. My purpose was not for this it was just to be healthy. I just told myself it is something I will have to get used to.

• HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    LAMCDylan wrote: »
    derkin2005 wrote: »
    I personally find the new "positive" attention insulting. I was interesting when I was heavy but now... Just shows how shallow people can be. That being said you will amaze yourself with the things you can accomplish.

Exactly. Makes me feel uncomfortable at times how some people treat me and it's because I am fitter now. I feel my size/weight should not matter. I get more positive attention from women and intimidate more guys. My purpose was not for this it was just to be healthy. I just told myself it is something I will have to get used to.

I hate it when people comment on my weight at all. The one person who never used to make any comment told me I look normal now...
  • Fey118
    Fey118 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

No joke...I'm freezing all the time, and before I used to be hot! This summer will be a lot more comfortable for me, I'm guessing. :)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    JAW118 wrote: »
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

No joke...I'm freezing all the time, and before I used to be hot! This summer will be a lot more comfortable for me, I'm guessing. :)

I have my fingers crossed that I will have a nicer summer! I usually melt.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!