What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    kab789 wrote: »
    When I started back in January, I had thick calluses on my heals all around the outside part that sometimes cracked. Now that I am down 50 lbs and they are gone all that is left is just some rough skin.

Friends say how small I am getting but when I look in the mirror I still see a larger person. I know I am getting smaller as my clothes have dropped in sizes but I still don't see it.

After reading about the heals I automatically touched mine. You're right it is somewhat smoother there! Thanks for the observation!

For how you look I suggest many pictures. When you see your progress with pictures you really see a change. Especially if you compare your highest weight to you losest. And measurements are so important. I lost 57lbs and look through the pictures every so often to keep me going, 'I don't want to look like that again'. I still have a lot to go but changing your perspective can really make this journey easier!
  • adnaram
    adnaram Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't need the driver's seat to be so far back any more. my legs aren't any shorter, right??
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    rayw89, in your profile picture you look fabulous, I know this is just your own weird perception. Hopefully it will stop and you will see how wonderful you really look, no fat anywhere... I think maybe you all just are used to being hard on yourselves and looking for faults. I do the same thing, but I have a ways to go. You should be proud, all of you who have lost really. Good job.
  • WarningHillAhead
    WarningHillAhead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump! This thread is SUPER inspiring. I can't wait to have my own experience! Right now, it's just feeling stronger. Best feeling evah!
  • wrrly
    wrrly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm down 30 pounds and find I have all this energy. Tons. I can barely sit still. I'm itching to go home and use my new treadmill that was just delivered this morning.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    When you are small you automatically get shifted to the back seat of the car when there are 3 adults. Because "you will fit back there"

Haha, so true!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    When you are small you automatically get shifted to the back seat of the car when there are 3 adults. Because "you will fit back there"

And will forever be forced to the middle seat!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    Your shoes may no longer fit.
    Don't be too quick to resize your wedding bands, most jewelers won't do it more than twice.
    Find and make friends with your local consignment shop, don't splurge too much on clothes until you reach (and have stayed for a while at) goal.
    Some of your friends and family members will not be supportive.
    It's not a linear process (especially for us girls)! Some days/weeks you will not lose anything and that's okay. Stick to your plan.

Sounds like the place for these again!

http://www.amazon.com/Snuggies-Adjusters-Original-Jumbo-Sizes/dp/B001B3FY42/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/RING-NOODLE-1-Petite-1-Narrow-Adjuster/dp/B00GUTWY5E/ref=pd_sim_193_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1QBSB3D11JDAEFX9TJ4H
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!

why is sitting and laying down uncomfortable?

I'm actually starting to experience this, and the tailbone thing.

Also, the cold, oh my lord the cold. I've never been a cold person, I used to wear short sleeves in winter and now I'm constantly wearing long sleeves. How bad is it going to be once I'm at goal?
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    A few comments:

Knees - For every pound of weight you lose you take 10 pounds of pressure off your knees.

Men - For every 10 pounds of weight loss you "gain" an inch. This is because the "fat pad" is smaller and allows more of your barbell to show.

I think the common thinking is 6lbs of pressure from your joints for every pound lost, and its 1/2 inch for every 35 pounds. If it was an inch for every ten pounds, there would be NO fat men. :)

I will never understand this length obsession with penises. Give me an average length penis with above average girth and I am a happy woman! Better yet, how about a guy who truly cares for and encourages me to be the best me I can be and lets me care for and encourage them to be the best of themselves.

Yes I am a man so I have to ask. It's a rule with us. What is considered average?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!