New Couch to 5K (C25k) - Challenge Starting May 2

Options

Replies

• sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OK, I just found this thread tonight, but I started the C25K right when you guys did. Is it too late for me to chime in? I'm loving these groups for accountability!!

I did week 4 day 1 today and thought I was going to die when I saw I had to run for 5 minutes straight.......but I did it!! YAY!! I think it's the longest I have consecutively run since high school. (which was 15 years ago!)

Here's a question....If you do it on the treadmill, what do you set your speeds for? I'm curious to know if I'm doing it too easy or what.

Thanks!
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Got week 3 day 3 tonight actually looking forward too it. Although ill see how I feel at 6 tonight when I've gotta do it!
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I did w4, D1 last night- it burned but I also got the running high! Never thought I'd enjoy running but I did- even did another three minute run on the end! Still not looking forward to running the whole thing, but it's starting to seem like I might actually get there...
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize any of us were checking back into the original thread :tongue:

I did Week 3 day 1 last week, then due to bad weather here and my schedule I never completed the week :cry:

I have been doing a lot of work out videos and wii fit in the meant time, but I need to keep going with this! My goal is to go through the program twice, so when I have my first 5K in September I am really ready for it!

That is all!! Keep up the great work to everyone else!!!
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 DONE. Left knee hurting a little afterwards but otherwise, much better than monday.
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    W5D2 complete! And I pushed the wrong button in my app and ended up running an extra 3 minutes. Tomorrow is my
    20 minute run with no walking. Wish me luck!
  • jase111
    Options
    W5D2 complete! And I pushed the wrong button in my app and ended up running an extra 3 minutes. Tomorrow is my
    20 minute run with no walking. Wish me luck!

wow....what?!?! 20 minute run with no walking in week 5??? Wow, Good luck! Let us know how that goes. You just scared the crap out of me by the way! I need to start looking ahead more! :)
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm only on week 2, but I like reading all of your posts because it lets me know what I'm getting myself into with the coming weeks lol.
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    week 3 now completed, yay! ive worked out that I will have finished the c25km programme by the 1st of July...How exciting :)
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Week 4 done! Bring on Week 5! I'm getting some running shoes tomorrow. My 6 year old Sketchers just aren't cutting it. My ankles are really starting to hurt the more I run. And since I've stuck with it this long, I can kind of justify the expense!!
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wk5 day 3 finished! I did it! I ran the whole 20 minutes without walking! Woo hoo!
  • jase111
    Options
    Wk5 day 3 finished! I did it! I ran the whole 20 minutes without walking! Woo hoo!

WooHoo!!!! Fantastic job!
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I REPEATED WK2 LAST WK CAUSE I COULDN'T MAKE IT THROUGH THE 3RD WK BUT NOW IM READY TO MOVE ON TO WK3...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
  • sheismith
    sheismith Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey! Catching up with everyone. You're all doing great. I need to read through this thread more often for inspiration. I just finished Week Three for the second time. Week Four here I come! :happy:
  • ShawnaMama
    Options
    Just finished W5D1. I got some running shoes and they are amazing! I was having some ankle pain and today was like running on supportive, soft marshmallows! LOL

As for the run, it went well. I am nervous about the next two runs this week though. *I can do it...I can do it...."
  • rachael0008
    rachael0008 Posts: 10
    Options
    Finished week 5 day 1 tonight and it went better than I thought! The only time I was really tired was the last 3 minutes of the last run.

We'll see how day 2 goes! I don't even want to think about week 5 day 3 lol. 20 minute run? Mouth drops open haha. But I just saw a post of someone doing it without walking! There's motivation right there!
  • iowagirl09
    iowagirl09 Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh where to start, where to start?
    I finished W5 on Sunday and I finished W6D1 today. And I have to admit, W5D3 was easier than today was. I was terrified going in to that 20 minute business. But I just told myself, 5 minutes at a time, just 5 more minutes. But by the time I was at 12 minutes I was like well I'm not stopping now! There is a good possibility I'm the most stubborn person ever. I guess for things like this it's a good thing.

Also I talked a friend into signing up for a 5K in July. So I'm signing up this afternoon. Do I think I'll be able to jog the whole thing in the hot summer heat down here in the south? Absolutely not. But hey, it's something to shoot for right? And it's for a good cause so why not?

Good luck to everyone else this week! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ShawnaMama
    Options
    W5D2 done! The 8 mins wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I was kind of out of breath, but I kept going. I'm quite nervous about Day 3...20 mins? Really?! LOL
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Gah! Have done W5, day 1 and 2, but have had a persistant pain in my leg for over a week now, so spoke to a Physio friend about and he says I have to have at least a week off running. I am annoyed!!! I wanted to get W5 day 3 done, was even looking forward to it! Will try and do my miles on the bike etc but not the same I don't think.
  • trailma
    trailma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any advice from you guys to someone just starting the C25K? Just started it yesterday.