Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Geographical stereotype: All people who live in Connecticut are rich, go to private schools, and spend their summers hanging with Muffy and Biff down at the yacht club.

Nope. Not even close.

The part of CT where I'm from isn't Martha Stewart's CT. There's not much around here but rundown neighborhoods, bitter angry people, and liquor stores. But hey, it's home

BAHAHAHA I <3 this so much...because you're right and I feel bad but that's exactly what I think about when people say they're from Conneticut one word comes to mind: WASPS :p

What do people think when they hear Kansas? Wheat fields, flat land, and Dorothy? Maybe some parts of Kansas, but surely not mine.

Here's a view of my city.
    9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

Sam and Dean Winchester

That is so funny because they've never showed any part of Kansas on that show since they film in Canada. Even when they had an episode that was supposed to be in Wichita, it didn't even look close. I promise we're not all hicks that harvest wheat and live on farms or in trailers. Now, I'm not saying there AREN'T people like that, my stepdad is a hick and lives in a trailer, but he's originally from Alabama, so we don't claim him as a Kansan. :wink:

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Geographical stereotype: All people who live in Connecticut are rich, go to private schools, and spend their summers hanging with Muffy and Biff down at the yacht club.

Nope. Not even close.

The part of CT where I'm from isn't Martha Stewart's CT. There's not much around here but rundown neighborhoods, bitter angry people, and liquor stores. But hey, it's home

BAHAHAHA I <3 this so much...because you're right and I feel bad but that's exactly what I think about when people say they're from Conneticut one word comes to mind: WASPS :p

What do people think when they hear Kansas? Wheat fields, flat land, and Dorothy? Maybe some parts of Kansas, but surely not mine.

9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

Guilty of that one too, I'm bad!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen or heard from @Kylerjaye lately? Hey girl if you see this just want to know how you're doing! <3

*hugs* this made me melt a little :)

i'm back on page 938, trying to catch up!
    it feels like i'm fighting through a time warp, i know today is down the line, i just gotta get there!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I have a big project I need to do today, but I'm so worried I'm going to miss page 1000, that I CAN'T STAY AWAY!!! I'm pathetic, I know, but I feel like I've missed all the other milestones, so I don't want to miss this huge one!

I think we're all waiting around for page 1000! That's why I'm here this morning! I don't even want to go to lunch! Pathetic right along with you!

Glad it's not just me.

Good thing we're "All in this together!" High school musical circa 2005 anyone?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Nope. Not even close.

9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

Sam and Dean Winchester

That is so funny because they've never showed any part of Kansas on that show since they film in Canada. Even when they had an episode that was supposed to be in Wichita, it didn't even look close. I promise we're not all hicks that harvest wheat and live on farms or in trailers. Now, I'm not saying there AREN'T people like that, my stepdad is a hick and lives in a trailer, but he's originally from Alabama, so we don't claim him as a Kansan. :wink:

Could be worse. You could be from Nebraska and just husk corn all day. That's all they do, right? (Do we have anyone from Nebraska?)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: If I sit down for a meal I will drink whatever is in front of me non stop until I get up. Doesn't matter what it is, coffee, water, iced tea, beer..... That was part of the reason I started losing weight fairly quickly when I stopped ordering calorie laden drinks when we went out, it was not uncommon for me to have 4+ of whatever drink in the hour or so we'd be at a restaurant. Now I usually stick with coffee or unsweetened iced tea.

Me too. When I was heavy, it would be beer, diet soda, Long Islands, coffee, Beam & diet...4 or 5 at a sitting.

Now I order the same thing at every restaurant - water with lime. No problem drinking 4 or 5 of those!

Were you able to walk out of the restaurant after?!? I love me a good Long Island, but after 2, I'm toast. :D

I'm 3+ years sober now, so I can joke about it...but in my prime, my booze tolerance was pretty ridiculous!

I have my 6 months anniversary next week, I hope I can make it as long as you!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I confess the profile pic snafu is ticking me off! I changed my pic yesterday morning. After a couple hours, it changed into the ghost-no-profile-pic picture. Then, when I logged out and logged back in, it went back to my old biceps shot.

So this time, I completely deleted the biceps picture from my gallery. We'll see what happens!

But I've been seeing the superhero lady picture since yesterday!

So it's only screwed up for me?!? Great...

Might try clearing your cache to flush the old photo out of history.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I just had the BEST NSV so far! Doing my lunch time weight training and I was sharing the squat rack with a personal trainer. So far I can squat 50Kg and he asked me if I'm going any higher to which I replied "No, I thought I would stay at 50Kg and check my form is ok and I'm comfortable before I go higher." To which he said "Pffft your form is better than most men in this gym!" I was like :open_mouth:Really?! Made my day! :lol:

I just had to share it with you all, because that has actually made the lack of movement on the scales completely worth it. :smile:

That's awesome! Go, Lois!!!

Way to go!
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Why are we not on page 1000 yet? I'm supposed to be leaving work soon!

Really, I'm about 15 minutes from where I'm interviewing, and need 5 minutes to change my pants/shoes, so even getting there 15 minutes early, I don't have to leave for half an hour.

BUT THE PANIC! ;)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Confession: I'm not shutting up on here this morning because I'm trying to ignore how nervous I am about my interview(s) today.

I'm actually skipping lunch because of said nerves (and the timing), so I'm making buffalo chicken pizza for dinner! The "extra" calories (plus whatever I earn at the gym later) will make it guilt free.
    Good luck at the interviews and enjoy your pizza!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Nope. Not even close.

9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

Sam and Dean Winchester

Could be worse. You could be from Nebraska and just husk corn all day. That's all they do, right? (Do we have anyone from Nebraska?)

We went to Nebraska on our way to SD to see Mount Rushmore, and I just recall a lot of fields and bluffs which were absolutely beautiful. The one thing I remember disliking about Nebraska, was when we went to a Ruby Tuesday for lunch and I ordered water and it tasted like they got it from the swimming pool at the hotel across the street. I'm STILL leery about drinking out of town water and that was 6 years ago!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: If I sit down for a meal I will drink whatever is in front of me non stop until I get up. Doesn't matter what it is, coffee, water, iced tea, beer..... That was part of the reason I started losing weight fairly quickly when I stopped ordering calorie laden drinks when we went out, it was not uncommon for me to have 4+ of whatever drink in the hour or so we'd be at a restaurant. Now I usually stick with coffee or unsweetened iced tea.

Me too. When I was heavy, it would be beer, diet soda, Long Islands, coffee, Beam & diet...4 or 5 at a sitting.

Now I order the same thing at every restaurant - water with lime. No problem drinking 4 or 5 of those!

Were you able to walk out of the restaurant after?!? I love me a good Long Island, but after 2, I'm toast. :D

I'm 3+ years sober now, so I can joke about it...but in my prime, my booze tolerance was pretty ridiculous!

I have my 6 months anniversary next week, I hope I can make it as long as you!

Congrats! And I'm sure you can make it for as long as you want to.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options

Nope. Not even close.

9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

Sam and Dean Winchester

We went to Nebraska on our way to SD to see Mount Rushmore, and I just recall a lot of fields and bluffs which were absolutely beautiful. The one thing I remember disliking about Nebraska, was when we went to a Ruby Tuesday for lunch and I ordered water and it tasted like they got it from the swimming pool at the hotel across the street. I'm STILL leery about drinking out of town water and that was 6 years ago!

Ew. I don't usually have an issue with tap water, but that's gross. Maybe they have REALLY nasty water so they use chlorine tablets to make it safe? Yuck.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Nothing big to confess today, but I will have to delete my lunch as I decided to make scones this morning and basically ate that after breakfast and now my lunch will be voided out. I need to learn to make myself a big salad and be happy. The scone wasn't even that good. Meh.....
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    To help get us to page 1000, I will post some pictures of the tops I got last weekend.

This one is from Old Navy and I ADORE it. I've used that word a lot lately. :smiley:
    14upomck9aos.jpg

This one is from Maurices. My husband REALLY likes it, I just think it's okay.
    1fak1gsj4oek.jpg

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Has anyone seen or heard from @Kylerjaye lately? Hey girl if you see this just want to know how you're doing! <3

*hugs* this made me melt a little :)

i'm back on page 938, trying to catch up!
    it feels like i'm fighting through a time warp, i know today is down the line, i just gotta get there!

Good to see you! I noticed you missing as well, but @lbuehler89 is so much better at remembering screen names than I am. Hope you're doing okay!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Why are we not on page 1000 yet? I'm supposed to be leaving work soon!

Really, I'm about 15 minutes from where I'm interviewing, and need 5 minutes to change my pants/shoes, so even getting there 15 minutes early, I don't have to leave for half an hour.

BUT THE PANIC! ;)

Good luck! I'm sure you will do great!