Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    kpfry67 wrote: »
    I pretty much skip entering bad snacks on my food diary, and drinks. Basically just really really sloppy on entering calories on the thing. ;p

If that is you in your profile pic, it obviously doesn't matter! ;)

My thoughts exactly!!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

In my city there are very few Muslims. I know NONE personally, which is why I'm completely clueless but fascinated. And you are completely right: it's the fear of offending that keeps us from asking questions causes confusion and misunderstandings.

My step-daughter is married to a Mormon and I have several questions I'd like to ask him, but I don't out of fear of offending him. Hmmm.... perhaps this is something I need to work on.

In my experience, Mormons love to talk about their faith, they even stop by your house to tell you about it when they don't know you! I think you have a good chance of him being very open to discussing it with you. No offense to any Mormons here - every Mormon I personally know is extremely kind and nice to be around.
    They love it until you ask awkward questions, then you won't see them for dust. There are a lot of awkward questions to ask.

That's so true. I try to always be the one to answer the door when they come, because even though I'm not interested, I am nice about it. I don't love it, but I understand that is what their religion tells them to do. My husband is not so nice in that situation. Luckily the ones I see usually come in the middle of the day. I wish the people leaving anonymous Chick tracts on my porch would knock though. I'd love to ask them a thing or two.
    What is this?
    Short Evangelical comics made by a guy named Jack Chick.

i-dd55f012113fb7c28a2312d25d277a8d-chick2.jpg
    Bigoted but also unintentionally hilarious.

My dad and stepmom were members of a church who handed these out when I was a teenager, and they got so mad at me when I laughed at them. My dad is a smart guy, and I cornered him and asked him if he *really* believed the nonsense in those books. He admitted that he didn't. He was still mad at me though. :neutral:
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I just had the BEST NSV so far! Doing my lunch time weight training and I was sharing the squat rack with a personal trainer. So far I can squat 50Kg and he asked me if I'm going any higher to which I replied "No, I thought I would stay at 50Kg and check my form is ok and I'm comfortable before I go higher." To which he said "Pffft your form is better than most men in this gym!" I was like :open_mouth:Really?! Made my day! :lol:

I just had to share it with you all, because that has actually made the lack of movement on the scales completely worth it. :smile:

Yay! That is awesome to hear! And glad you're back! I missed you in a non-stalky kind of way!

ETA: Was this one of the trainers that you thought was talking about you?

As a matter of fact it was! I had forgotten about that.
    I remember saying to my mum, it was like they had a group meeting and decided I was nice enough because in the same week they all started being more talkative. I was a little bit weird.

Not weird and they thought you were awesome enough!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.
    Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I didn't, PM me please!

If I have this figured out... I would hint that she "danced" right out of here.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Just checking in. Meds taken. Am now going to walk up to Charlie's school to do swimming with his class. I do it every friday.

Awww, good for you! Enjoy! I bet Charlie loves that you do that.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I will eat my favorite food and not eat the rest of the day just to not go over my calories.

Mathematically, that'll work. Sometimes I skip lunch so I can have a big dinner. BUT it's a lot better to heave your intake spread out over the day & keep you metabolism humming throughout.

But if I'm having taco pizza for dinner, then dammit, it's water & Diet Mt. Dew all day!

OMG that sounds interesting!

It is pretty awesome.

I get a Boboli whole wheat crust, the "sauce" is refried black beans with salsa mixed in, the meat is Jennie-o Taco seasoned turkey, and then top it with 2% mexican blend cheese, green onions, tomatoes, bell peppers & jalapenos.

Once it's done, I top each slice with a tsp of guac & nonfat plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream.)

Works out to about 300 cals a slice (1/8 pizza), but it's worth it!

I may need to try this, though I'm not sure I can get my other half to agree. He didn't think he'd like buffalo chicken pizza though, and now he requests it!

Confession: I sometimes miss working at a pizza place and consider seeing if I could do it super part-time somewhere.

Oh my gosh! I was so bummed when buffalo chicken pizza was only a limited time thing at Papa John's. I didn't think I would like it either, and it was SOOOO good!

I make my own! It's no harder than making a standard sauce and cheese pizza. :)

Recipe please!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Flashback to the topic of little dresses (I'm packing and planning clothes for my trip). Here is the most recent dress I picked up (mother's day gift to myself) and it is fairly typical of my "style" at home and on weekends. Comfy!! I'm planning to travel in it tomorrow. So far I've got four dresses, one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts packed. (And a rain coat in case it rains at the baseball game on Monday.)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/charter-club-petite-mirrored-print-shift-dress?ID=2119309&amp;pla_country=US&amp;CAGPSPN=pla&amp;CAWELAID=120156340001875893&amp;catargetid=120156340001235625&amp;cadevice=c&amp;cm_mmc=Google_Womens_PLA-_-RTW+Womens_Women's+Dresses_Charter+Club-_-66679803181_-_-_mkwid_rEXzSnVS|dc_66679803181|-|rEXzSnVS

I like it!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.
    Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I didn't, PM me please!

I laughed so hard at this that I snorted.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess the profile pic snafu is ticking me off! I changed my pic yesterday morning. After a couple hours, it changed into the ghost-no-profile-pic picture. Then, when I logged out and logged back in, it went back to my old biceps shot.

So this time, I completely deleted the biceps picture from my gallery. We'll see what happens!

But I've been seeing the superhero lady picture since yesterday!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    on
    Confession: I weighed myself because SURELY after being significantly under my goal this whole week, watching my carb intake as suggested here, and not drinking an ounce or soda, I would have dropped major lbs. Um, nope. Up 2 freaking lbs. How is that possible?! The confession part, a large part of me, probably the 2 extra lbs., really wants to eat all the fried foods and drink all the bubbly carbonated soda. I'm so disappointed. I also pissed off that my stupid leg is keeping me from doing a proper workout. :(

Maybe my body is preparing for a big whoosh next week...

Yes, the whoosh is on the way, I'm sure!

I have that same reaction when I see something I don't like on the scale. I'm all, "eff it, I'm having nachos". I tried to avoid that today by not weighing in, even though Friday morning is my usual routine. I wasn't off the rails, but I had a lot of salty/carby/beer-y this week so ignorance is bliss I suppose.

I wish I had taken that route. Friday is my day and I'm up a pound of water weight.

Ugh.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    conniehgtv wrote: »
    my secret pleasure is Chef Boardee raviola. 2 cans!! cold from the can.Why? I don't know...with added salt.Awful for me.I haven't had it in over three months.Saw at the grocery and had to run the other way.What a stupid food to love!!!

Not judging, but gagging a little... :s
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I confess the profile pic snafu is ticking me off! I changed my pic yesterday morning. After a couple hours, it changed into the ghost-no-profile-pic picture. Then, when I logged out and logged back in, it went back to my old biceps shot.

So this time, I completely deleted the biceps picture from my gallery. We'll see what happens!

But I've been seeing the superhero lady picture since yesterday!

So it's only screwed up for me?!? Great...
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I'm a bad friend. My best friend is moving into a new house in a couple weeks. She created an event thing on Facebook asking people to come help them move. I have no desire to help them. I hate moving myself, why would I want to move someone else? I'm also not overly fond of her family, or her husband and his family (who will be there). What makes me feel worse about my laziness is that she's 8 months pregnant and isn't able to do any of the moving/lifting. In my defense she will have (at least) her husband, 2 brothers-in-law, 1 sister-in- law (and her boyfriend), and most likely both sets of parents moving them. So... with 7-9 people helping, do I really need to be there? I feel terrible, but I still don't want to do it.

Sometimes I feel like an alien from outer space. I see you all describe situations like this and I'm left blinking and wondering if it is normal to expect other people to help you move. I'd probably be suckered into it just because I wouldn't know whether or not I was supposed to do it. I don't think you should do it just because you feel terrible though.

I'm the same way. I don't get the "expectation". Then again I'm known as the meanie in real life because I drive a full size truck. It's often "assumed" I can / will help since I have a truck to help haul! NO. If I'm going out of town do I expect to drive your economy-sized car to save gas? Well alright then. Hire movers or figure it out. No one touches my truck. (sorry, rant, touchy subject for me)

My husband also has a truck (it's a lowered [read slammed] 63 long bed Chevrolet with VERY little ground clearance) and people are constantly asking him to help them move/haul things. He is a wonderful man so he rarely says no even when it could cause damage to his truck. He's just too nice sometimes. Well, most of the time.

Oh, he's MUCH nicer than me! There is no way I'd use a 63' Chevy to help people move. That would be a "show" car, not one used for hauling. I'm selfish, though.

I'm also the opposite: I prefer my trucks lifted. That way I can see everything in traffic that is happening around me and if anyone pulls out in front of me they get a grill in their rearview mirror.

You're the one blinding me with their headlights? :tongue:

Not on purpose! I'm a very courteous driver until someone else is an idiot. Then it's GAME ON. Well, not so much anymore. Way too many crazies out there. I have a friend who is a super aggressive driver (I'm not). Some girl cut him off so he gestured at her rudely. At the next stop sign SHE got out of her car and started pounding on his window. Then she saw that his wife was in the car so she went for her instead. Pulled open the passenger side door and the two "ladies" ended up scrapping in the street. Literally, rolling around on the ground in the street. I still can't get over that. THAT is definitely NOT me!

Yikes! Stories like that are the reason that I just mutter stuff under my breath(can't really say anything out loud due to my son being in the car most of the time)..I would never flip someone off or anything like that..too scared. Funny story though....My best friend tailgates people a lot. One time, she pulled up to a stop sign and the woman in the car in front of her got out and walked up to her window. My friend rolled her window down and the woman said, "If you don't get off my *kitten*, I'm going to KICK your *kitten*"!! That obviously freaked my friend out so she waited a few minutes before driving again. So anyway, a bit later down the next road she sees an accident. It's the woman who yelled at her...she got into an accident with a truck carrying 5 port-o-potties (sp?) and they all tipped off the back of the truck around her car. (Just want to say...the accident part isn't funny. I would never wish an accident on someone. But the fact that a bunch of portable toilets tipped over on her is pretty funny to me). My friend was pretty glad to have waited before following the woman after being confronted... :)

Karma!

Confession my OCD got the better off me and I knew I had missed a few pages last Thursday so came back and found them. I need to get a life. Sigh.

I really have no life and I still can't keep up! What is MY problem?!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I just discovered how much I adore Burberry perfume. I'd love to see your sunglasses. Post a picture?

I don't know how! But, I think I can find a link. Let me look. Ah, these ones in this same color: http://us.burberry.com/oversize-square-frame-sunglasses-p39736581?search=true

But, they were on sale AND I had a $40 off coupon.

Very cute! I am going to get a new pair of sunglasses for my trip. Haven't decided if they'll be designer or not.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I can't be trusted with expensive sunglasses. I have 6-10 pairs at any time because I constantly lose or break them. I have one pair of Gucci glasses my mom got on super clearance and then decided she didn't like, and I'm paranoid when I wear them. Ha!

I've been lusting over a certain pair of Gucci sunglasses for a while, but the are really over priced and not as well made as the Versace and the Burberry. Serengeti's are still my favorite, though.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession:
    I'm a crazy animal person. I have a select few friends that I enjoy their company, but I'd much rather be at home with my animals than out in social situations (which I find very awkward :neutral:) I also have abit of a zoo...
    snakes, beardy, geckos, dogs, cats. etc.

Personally, I think this is great! Yes, socializing with humans is important, but I'd have a zoo if I had the time, the space, and the money. Good for you for taking care of all those animals!
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Geographical stereotype: All people who live in Connecticut are rich, go to private schools, and spend their summers hanging with Muffy and Biff down at the yacht club.

Nope. Not even close.

The part of CT where I'm from isn't Martha Stewart's CT. There's not much around here but rundown neighborhoods, bitter angry people, and liquor stores. But hey, it's home
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I will eat my favorite food and not eat the rest of the day just to not go over my calories.

Mathematically, that'll work. Sometimes I skip lunch so I can have a big dinner. BUT it's a lot better to heave your intake spread out over the day & keep you metabolism humming throughout.

But if I'm having taco pizza for dinner, then dammit, it's water & Diet Mt. Dew all day!

OMG that sounds interesting!

It is pretty awesome.

I get a Boboli whole wheat crust, the "sauce" is refried black beans with salsa mixed in, the meat is Jennie-o Taco seasoned turkey, and then top it with 2% mexican blend cheese, green onions, tomatoes, bell peppers & jalapenos.

Once it's done, I top each slice with a tsp of guac & nonfat plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream.)

Works out to about 300 cals a slice (1/8 pizza), but it's worth it!

I may need to try this, though I'm not sure I can get my other half to agree. He didn't think he'd like buffalo chicken pizza though, and now he requests it!

Confession: I sometimes miss working at a pizza place and consider seeing if I could do it super part-time somewhere.

Oh my gosh! I was so bummed when buffalo chicken pizza was only a limited time thing at Papa John's. I didn't think I would like it either, and it was SOOOO good!

I make my own! It's no harder than making a standard sauce and cheese pizza. :)

Recipe please!

The crust is a matter of personal preference. Preformed/paritally baked (think Boboli), store made dough, or homemade.

I usually grill two chicken breasts for the two of us on a 16-18 inch pizza (that's the size of my pan, so I default to that). Once cooked and slightly cooled, I chop them into ~1in cubes. I melt 1tbsp butter and mix it with 4 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce. You can use whatever sauce you want of course! I then toss the chicken in that mix until it's nice and coated.

At this point, I get my dough ready to go (I stretch it so it's a thin crust, but this will literally work with whatever). The original recipe called for blue cheese dressing (again, your brand of choice), but my better half is allergic so I use ranch. It'll take a few tbsp to cover the whole base. I tend to go a little on the lighter side (~2tbsp for the whole pizza), and then have a cup for dipping after cooking. Then I add the chicken and shredded mozzarella. I usually just use a whole 16oz bag for the ease.

Then bake at 450 for ~10minutes until cheese is bubbling. We like a cripsy crust, so I may push it to 12 minutes, but again, all preference!

I do crust, dressing, chicken, cheese. If you like to see your chicken, feel free to swap it to on top! The brands and whether it's regular/light/fat free/etc will obviously change the calorie counts, but that's the gist of it. :)

ETA: Fun fact: I am FULL of crazy pizza recipes from 4+ years of pizza maker experience at two different chains.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

I didn't, PM me please!

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Your prize is free non-judged confessions for life...or as long as this thread is still alive. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options

Super great.

You're all super great!

I didn't, PM me please!

That made me legitimately laugh out loud. Thank you. :D