Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Last night I thought I should get up to exercise at 6:00 A.M. & then thought nope & set my alarm to 7:30 A.M. Wouldn't you know it, but I got up around 6:00 A.M. & thought I would walk on the treadmill for an hour. The funniest thing was I checked the time a few times by lifting my iPad & the last time I checked it was at one hour exactly.

I confess that on my Spotify I have 2,400+ songs liked & usually pass half of them.

The weirdest song I exercised to today was Mike & The Mechanics Silent Running.

Why? I love them. I have their album. Yes. Album.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.
    Cute name for a pet.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen the group THIS quiet for such a stretch of time. It's been two hours without a post from anyone but me! Did someone let out a really smelly fart and make everyone in the thread pass out...? It wasn't me, I swear!

This was funny. I was off to a class. @orangesmartie is taking a break and I can't comment on Lois. We are usually the early am crowd.
  • Oberon21
    Options

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I went to ribfest with my daughter and ate at 3pm

a half rack of ribs
    a piece of corn bread
    some crappy loaded fries
    a couple pieces of fire oven pizza
    and a funnel cake with ice cream, strawberries and cream cheese icing

funnelcake_zpsmmq2t8l1.jpg

It is not almost 10:30pm and I am still way too FULL

I regret nothing
  • CooCooPuff
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: All of these Father's Day advertisements just depress me because I had a really rough patch with my dad this year, he really stressed me out while I was in the hospital and the time I was stuck at home, and still hold negative feelings towards him.
    They depress me because I lost my father 25 years ago and I wish I could buy him a Father's Day gift.
    Sorry for your loss.

@FluffySandwich I watched the same movie today and felt the same! At least it wasn't as terrible as The Woman in Black 2. I mentally checked out of that movie twenty minutes in.

@Italian_Buju Super jealous. That funnel cake looks amazing
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

I'm currently trying to download Hay Day but I got an error message.

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Confession: All of these Father's Day advertisements just depress me because I had a really rough patch with my dad this year, he really stressed me out while I was in the hospital and the time I was stuck at home, and still hold negative feelings towards him.
    They depress me because I lost my father 25 years ago and I wish I could buy him a Father's Day gift.
    Sorry for your loss.

@FluffySandwich I watched the same movie today and felt the same! At least it wasn't as terrible as The Woman in Black 2. I mentally checked out of that movie twenty minutes in.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol: It didn't have any creatively scary moments, it just had jump scare after jump scare. You make me glad I didn't go see The Woman in Black 2, because I was thinking about it :tongue:

The best part was the cutie dog.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Oh and congrats!

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

• FroggyBug
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here is a picture of my lovely bruise. My leg is really swollen, it hurts constantly, and my foot keeps falling asleep. I think working out this week was not the best idea, but I'm trying to do all I can before I go on vacation and have to be seen in public in a bikini. Yellow means it's healing, right?!

yy12snvtb9io.jpg

Ouch; hopefully, it's healed before vacation.

Speaking of bruises do any of you see a bruise & touch it to see if it hurts LOL?

Well, let's just put it this way... Last night, my wisdom tooth--which is in the process of torturing me--was especially painful. I stuck my finger in my hand to poke at it, and my husband grabbed my hand away. I was like... "Hey! It hurts, so I need to poke it. I always poke at my ouchies!"

He gave me this really sarcastic look and replied... "I know. And how's that been workin' out for ya?" (I'm notorious for re-opening cuts of all sorts just because I can't seem to leave them alone--so I'm nearly always bleeding from somewhere or another)

Soooo... Of course I'd be poking it! Probably several times an hour. Just to check. ;)

Yea that's me too. Whenever I have a toothache I mess with the tooth and when I have a bruise I touch it. :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Your sims can die by all kinds of normal things, like old age, or a house fire. If, for whatever reason, you want to kill one off, you can help them along. In the one you quoted, I did it by locking them in a room with no door so they couldn't escape, couldn't eat or bathe. It's not the best way to do it, because it takes forever. After they die, the grim reaper appears, and you have a chance to beg for their life with another sim. If you don't, or if that doesn't work, you end up with a little urn of ashes, or you can place it outside and it turns into a gravestone. After that, the ghost of the dead person will wander around the house at night, which is a good thing if you have sims who want to see ghosts, or a bad thing, if you have a sim who has an anxiety disorder.
    W. T. H. ?!!!

OMG

Holy crap!

I already found the concept of Sim-dom to be interesting, when I first heard of such, many years ago -- however, this is another freakin' ballgame, I do declare... the aforementioned 'choreographed nightmare' (lol :) ), which offers disturbingly informative clarifying detail (if ever there were a time when being horrified, while simultaneously thanking someone (for the explanation therein), were ever to be relevant, then this would be it! lol :smiley: ), could perhaps be seen as being (and among the so many Sim-specific 'alternate universe' -type incarnations one could concoct) a kind of Sim AfterLife Soap Opera Channel (or so it would seem (and with Lifestyles of the Paranormal thrown in, to boot!)) -- whereby one can be writer, producer, director, and all-out 'puppetmaster'... and of the whole shebang!

...Sims with anxiety disorders?! ...Sims who are 'into' ghosts?! ...locking the poor things in a room, and with no means of escape?!

What have they not thought of?!! (and by they, I'm referring to the Sim creators (as in, the Sim creator-creators (but not creators of actual creators -- but creators of that which the secondary 'creators' will virtually create (how much more convoluted could I make this?! ;) )), and not the player-based Sim creators (as in, orchestrators of virtual horrors :open_mouth: ) )...

Oh, my... the Nightmare on Elm Street -esque 'rules of engagement' found in the realm of Sim-specific 'realities' could plausibly 'facilitate' the development of a sleep disorder, or some such form of 'reverb' -like negative consequence (or so it would seem), when it comes to being the master of said domain (who would have dreamed that a Seinfeldian reference might happen to 'fall out of nowhere', in a brief bit of commentary about virtual worlds (that's it! that's what *I'll* do! -- I'll recreate Seinfeld episodes in a Sim world! (which now has me wondering -- is there any way to have a Sim character 'enter a room' ala Kramer-from-Seinfeld's bursting-through-a-door-only-to-suddenly-arrest-momentum-and-immediately-engage-in-seemingly-casual-movement-and-interaction-and-as-though-nothing-unusual-had-just-happened -- ? ;) )))...

Paranormal investigator is one of the available professions (this is all for Sims 3, there's a Sims 4 now and not everything is the same). Your job is to run around and night and catch ghosts in other people's houses.
    ...is there a Sims police force at play (no pun intended) -- ? -- is there a chance that anyone trying to catch a ghost in someone else's house could be charged with B&E (?)... (I have no idea to what 'limit' the game gets taken, in the context of any of so many potential (and virtualized) 'realities'...)

The kidnapping challenge is pretty out there - your goal is to lock up your neighbors in your basement with a door only you are allowed to use (instead of killing them off, you give them a kitchen and bathroom).
    Whoa... (who thinks of this stuff?!)

The 100 baby challenge is a lot of social engineering, too.
    Holy crap... I can only imagine...

...it'd also be an unexpected form of 'training' for a '100 Babies and Counting' -type reality show (or so it would seem)... (are there any 'reality shows' in the land of Sims? (and do any Sims have their own Sims (?), such that a 'game within a game' is possible?))...

Yep, there are police. If you have all of the expansions for Sims 3, these are the available careers:
    Acrobat
    Angler
    Alchemist
    Architect
    Art Appraiser
    Astronomer
    Athlete
    Band member
    Robotics Engineer
    Business
    Criminal
    Culinary
    Daycare
    Education
    Fashion
    Film
    Firefighter
    Fortune Teller
    Game Developer
    Gardener
    Ghost Hunter
    Horseman
    Inventor
    Investigator
    Journalist
    Police
    Lifeguard
    Magician
    Medicine
    Military
    Musician
    Wine Maker ( they call it nectar)
    Painter
    Photographer
    Politician
    Scientist
    Scuba Diver
    Sculptor
    Singer
    Sports Agent
    Writer
    Retail
    Beautician/Tattoo Artist
    Alien Test Subject

No reality shows, but they do have a fame system, and when you're famous enough, the paparazzi follow you around. Occasionally they write something scandalous, true or not, and your reputation with the entire town drops. You can then sue for defamation.
    WOW... they've incorporated SO much into the game! ...that's amazing...

Thank you for all of the info... (WHAT a GAME!)
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm totally 200 pages behind. I've read up to the part people start talking about being happy to be child-free. Good on them for having that courage in this screwed up society where multiplying seems to be important to everyone and people feel like it's their business.

And the stories about the bruises. Ouch, and I hope everyone can survive through the recovery and yucky color change that bruises go through.

I weigh less than my half-brother and that makes me SO. HAPPY. It sucks because he is also struggling finding work and living with our dad and grandma, but the jerk in me is really happy that I weigh 192lbs and he weighs 204lbs.

I also get a kick when MFP posts automatically to Facebook, because my mother in law has never put in effort to lose real weight, yet she's super jealous that I didn't keep my baby weight and weigh less than my original pre-pregnancy weight. I can't help it. :smiley:

Also... Just because I feel the need to defend myself as one of those parets who posts happy memories of my toddler. I only get to see him for about 4 hrs per day because I work, so I really cherish any moment I can be with him. I like putting them up and I like them on my phone so I can look at him when I am on break or lunch. So really, don't think you know why you only see happy-go-lucky pictures on your parenting friends wall....
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Thank you.

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.

I'm glad I'm not the only one :lol: It didn't have any creatively scary moments, it just had jump scare after jump scare. You make me glad I didn't go see The Woman in Black 2, because I was thinking about it :tongue:

The best part was the cutie dog.
    At least it was the kind of bad where I could just sit and make jokes

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Does walking around target get considered exercise? ;)

Of course! I've had some of my best workouts there!

Absolutely! I walked around at target for 2 hrs today. Picked up 3 different cereals including chocolate lucky charms!!, and 3 fiber one brownie things. I get way too excited for new foods :smiley:

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I noticed that there are rare times in the Sims when a character becomes stuck and you can no longer play as them.

I had a family who was having a lot of kids. One time they had twin girls. In the Sims when you have twins, sometimes the family will put one of the babies down on the floor as they prepare to welcome the second baby. They put the first baby on the floor, alright, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get anyone to pick it up. It became stuck there, like a piece of furniture. While all the kids grew up and moved out, and the parents became grandparents (and eventually died), the baby remained on the floor... just looking around contentedly. It didn't die and it didn't age.

.... :neutral:
    Holy cow... it's as though you've just described some sort of lost episode of "Outer Limits"... lol ;)
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sad but true confession here, I was looking through the success threads and there was one that I wanted to catch up on...I realized that the last time I looked at that thread was in 2011. I am sad because I realized that I have wasted 4 years of my life that should have been in maintenance instead of being only 18 pounds less that I was when I started. Granted I had a baby but still 2 years of this could have been in maintenance. I know there are reasons as to why I am afraid to lose, but I do not want to let that stop me this time. I am finally ready to finish this thing and move onto my next fitness goal.