Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrustion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

Anyhow, she finally left last night. And this morning, the first thing I did when I woke up? I went to the bathroom to pee and yelled out to my husband (who was still in bed, trying to sleep), "HEY, HUSBAND! LOOK AT ME, I'M PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN! JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA. TAKE THAT, [PERSON]!" ;)

I may be a little strange... My husband definitely thinks so.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrustion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

Anyhow, she finally left last night. And this morning, the first thing I did when I woke up? I went to the bathroom to pee and yelled out to my husband (who was still in bed, trying to sleep), "HEY, HUSBAND! LOOK AT ME, I'M PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN! JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA. TAKE THAT, [PERSON]!" ;)

You are a funny girl!!! I love it!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.

What do you eat for breakfast??

454g (2 cups) of Fage 0% plain greek yogurt, 140g frozen strawberries(defrosted for about 30 seconds..so still slightly frozen, but soft), 10g(2 tbsp.) of Hersheys Special Dark Unsweetened Cocoa, and a generous amount of sweetener(I use Stevia) to taste. Mix it all up...A LOT of food, very filling, and only 330 calories.
    Sometimes if I'm out of strawberries, I'll use chopped raw apple(about 100g), OR 122g(1/2 cup) of canned pumpkin, and cinnamon in place of the cocoa. Also delicious for the same amount of calories.

Ahh, yeah that does sound really good!

I do a 90-minute work out every morning and it's all I think about...like my reward for getting up at 4:00am and busting my butt. It's like a chocolate pudding with strawberries...and so much of it! :) The other ones are good too..like apple pie and pumpkin pie flavored yogurt. Mmmm... now I'm excited for tomorrow morning.

I was on one of those kicks several years ago. But I was doing 90 min. straight cardio sessions on either the treadmill or the elliptical. It was a great stress reliever and I was so physically tired by the end of the day that I slept great! But, for me, I was concerned I was risking an over use injury and was worried that I'd become reliant on that much cardio to maintain my size, so I cut back. Now I do 30 - 40 min. cardio sessions 3 - 4 days per week and lifting is my main source of exercise. I feel better and am really happy to have so much time back in my day, but I do get a little jealous when I see others doing that much.

I'm very shy and would never go to a gym or run outside where people can see me. I also have to work out early in the morning before my son gets up...because my husband is getting ready/going to work. Anyway so yeah, I have to work out at home and always did the treadmill. I never minded it and, as you said, it was a great stress reliever. However, I've now started doing 30 minutes of circuit training(video) and then the remaining time on the treadmill. We have an elliptical too but I almost never use it.
    As you mentioned, I do rely on it to maintain my size. I admit that I do cardio/treadmill so much because of all of the stress/emotional eating I've done over the past year and it's the only way I know I can keep myself from gaining a bunch of weight.
    Every day when I wake up, I have no clue if I'll end up giving in to a binge and killing my calorie goal by 2000-3000. I am jealous that you slept good though...that's something that I struggle with...which also doesn't help when trying to not gain or give into binges.

I'm the same, I don't think I'll ever be able to exercise in public, I could never go to a gym or workout with friends or anything like that. When I still lived with my parents I used to go running around the field out the back of our house with our dog, but in a village of 200 people surrounded by fields I very rarely ran into anyone haha.

Confession of the day: We have family visiting this weekend, and so we're all going out for the day, my mums making homemade quiche (which is amaaazingggg, and quiche is one of my favourite things, but then all mum-cooked food usually tastes better doesnt it?). Anyway, she knows I'm counting calories so when I asked if she knew how many were in it as a 'guestimation', she offered to count it all out as she goes. Feel so bad that I'm making her go to all that effort but then she did offer! haha. Secretly hoping the calorie counting will catch on as my dad's been saying he wants to lose weight for the last 10 years but is a bit rubbish at actually sticking to it/doing anything about it haha.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options

First of all, LOVE the new squirrely pic!

Second, the bold would send me over the edge. As a matter of fact, it may send me directly to the nicest hotel downtown for a 3 week stay. Call me when (guest) is gone!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Totally get it and I'm not that anti-social. Sometimes you just need your space back! My husband thinks I'm a weirdo too (in a good way)!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

Isn't is crazy how even adult children can still strain a relationship? Well, I think that it's best if he speaks to her and get some things cleared up and then you'll have a GREAT vacation!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Hubby is kicking me and Raelynn out for the evening. MIL and FIL are coming over so he can help them set up their "new" smartphones. FIL is a complete "know it all" who thinks he's the expert on everything and I can't take his level of derp, and he gets all pissy when he's proven wrong or disagreed with. I already have other reasons why I detest him, and hubby knows I'm not going to put up with his smartass attitude in my house. So, he is forcing me and Raelynn to go out to eat together, and go shop if we want to (hello, target trip!), so I don't have to deal with FIL and his derp.

It may also be because I'm eternally ragey due to TOM and my filter has an awful habit of breaking during that. ;)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Wow, I've missed so much. I tried catching up but ya'll are just too confession-happy :wink:

I haven't noticed any ant problems where I'm at, but we did see this creature on our office doors this morning.
    8kpif1x3xofg.jpg

I confess I took an alternate route into the office to avoid it.

Time to burn down your office.

I laughed out loud so hard at this

I did, too. It cracked me up. That thing looked alien *shudder*
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @nonoelmo I love your new profile pic!! Is that you hugging your dog? So sweet

Thank you. That is me hugging Bruno. He was in the pound four months! He's six or seven and such a sweetie. He's so squishy. " I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. Come on, Squishy Come on, little Squishy. "
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Today's confession.

Oof. I would not be OK with that. Like it or not, his daughter is setting an example for your daughter of how adults treat one another. I hope he's able to get through to her, but I fear that won't be the case. I'll be thinking about you... I hope you are able to resolve all of this before your vacation.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry. Like straight up HANGRY lol... I ate all my calories that I brought with me already, the store near work is closed, and dinner won't be for like another 3 hours... I have to go to Wal-mart tonight to get a hat for my youngest and water shoes for my oldest's summer camp that starts Monday and I'm dreading going. I may say screw it and go pick up something while we're out. I still have another like 300 cals I can eat (besides what I pre-planned as evening snacks and a protein shake).
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

Yeah... I made some. Ate the whole thing (seriously, a whole cauliflower plus all the toppings etc). I managed to make myself sick of it after one attempt. Go me.

Still love cauliflower but nope that way anymore LOL.

Trying to catch up... you all have been busy. I went to see Jurassic World instead of working out. Then got home, made myself a huge salad... and had 3 cookies and 2 squares of chocolate. Should still be within my calories though (there's a school party with food trucks tonight but I'm having dinner before going, I don't need a 1200 calories meal).

I have made a curry cauliflower dish for years but I have not made it for while. I'm going to have to fix that problem soon.

Recipe? Pretty please?

Has anyone else been getting randomly added by people you've never interacted with in the forums or anywhere? I find it annoying, especially because my profile is designed to avert friend-collecting friend requests. They don't even bother to leave a message with the request, which means they probably didn't even read my profile... So why add me at all? :-/

Yes. If I don't do it by tonight then feel free to remind me to dig it out and type it up...it is in an old book. :)
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Me too - that is so cute!
    Thank you
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Thank you. That is me hugging Bruno. He was in the pound four months! He's six or seven and such a sweetie. He's so squishy. " I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. Come on, Squishy Come on, little Squishy. "

Haha aww I love that quote from Finding Nemo <3
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Are those his little teeth like he's smiling?! I love it. Too precious.

Thank you. He has the biggest underbite so his teeth do show a lot and often. I bought him for my son and he is the perfect, mellow, loving, gentle, squishy dog!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Does walking around target get considered exercise? ;)
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Confession today, no work to be done. Absolutely none. On the bright side, I'm going out to eat pizza for dinner. I blame it on the newly created pizza group.

Deep dish or Sicilian?
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Today's confession.

(HUGS) for the conversation being a complicated hard one. Yay for period being done before your trip.