Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I think feta cheese tastes like feet. And goats cheese tastes like goats smell...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you can all order dresses online.

The dress in my picture was taken in the Macy's dressing room. I didn't buy it that day, but then went home and decided I loved how it looked on me and ordered the exact same dress in the exact same size. When I put it on this morning, it was about 6-8" shorter than the one I tried on in the store. I'm too old to wear a dress that short to work! Aargh!!
  • goodoldjr98
    goodoldjr98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I am very close to my calories for the day and I want a snack before bed.....I will throw on my shoes (usually still in my pajamas) and walk/jog around my house a few times just to earn enough calories for that snack. I am pretty sure the neighbors think I am nuts! :)
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have bought, and eaten in 1 day, an entire bag of Red Hot Chili Pepper pita chips

twice

I may need to find these! Sound so good!

they are, thats the problem lol
  • LorraineZinn
    LorraineZinn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Marie Sharp's Habenero...the BEST hot sauce ever. Found it on a trip to Belize, where it is made. I have to order it on Amazon now. Totally worth it.

I'm way behind, but THIS 100%! Marie Sharp's plus cheese on a whole wheat bagel is my favorite breakfast. Absolutely the best hot sauce ever.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I thought I was the ONLY one that did this. I hate cilantro and I think it tastes like feet. I don't want my food to taste like feet.

I love you, Mo, but BLASPHEMY! Cilantro is God's gift to tastebuds!

If you like feet, then, yes, it is. I prefer my food to taste like other things, like, I don't' know, food. :wink:

I am an extremely picky eater. I cannot stand tomatoes, onions, spicy, barbeque flavored things, and the list goes on and on. Cilantro is just another item on my extensive list.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Marie Sharp's Habenero...the BEST hot sauce ever. Found it on a trip to Belize, where it is made. I have to order it on Amazon now. Totally worth it.

I'm way behind, but THIS 100%! Marie Sharp's plus cheese on a whole wheat bagel is my favorite breakfast. Absolutely the best hot sauce ever.

I love being validated! LOL
  • CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Guys. We're almost to 600 pages. We've been at this for 3.5 months.

Yeah.. I was just thinking this discussion is out-of-control busy.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Saaay, how 'bout our local sports team..?

You think that won't get judgmental or contentious?! ;-)

My confession: I was supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday, but lied and claimed a conflict had come up when my dentist called to confirm/make sure I was willing to see a different person than I normally do, since I think they had doublebooked. The call gave me the idea, so I was like "oh, I don't mind, hmm, but if it's more convenient for you I can change." She said: "oh, no, let's keep it, we don't have any appointments available 'til August." I all of a sudden found myself saying "but tomorrow will be really stressful as it happens, I have a conflict that came up, August is okay," and so I moved it.

I was originally supposed to go in January but did basically the same thing.

I have stupid dentist fear (in part due to a terrible childhood dentist) that I need to get over already.

When you figure out how to do that, please let me know. I'm TERRIFIED of going to the dentist. I know I have cavities and I don't want him to hurt me by drilling and filling them.

I had two cavities filled last month and honest to God, it doesn't hurt. The worst part is just keeping your mouth open the whole time. I still hate the dentist, but it's not anything like it used to be. Please go.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »

My confession: I was supposed to go to the dentist for a cleaning yesterday, but lied and claimed a conflict had come up when my dentist called to confirm/make sure I was willing to see a different person than I normally do, since I think they had doublebooked. The call gave me the idea, so I was like "oh, I don't mind, hmm, but if it's more convenient for you I can change." She said: "oh, no, let's keep it, we don't have any appointments available 'til August." I all of a sudden found myself saying "but tomorrow will be really stressful as it happens, I have a conflict that came up, August is okay," and so I moved it.

I have stupid dentist fear (in part due to a terrible childhood dentist) that I need to get over already.

I am the same way until guilt gets the better of me. I've had a few aggressive dentists and now I get really anxious. But my new gentler dentist takes pity on me when I tell him I'm really nervous! I guess a crying patient won't help increase their clientele !

I don't usually have issues going to the dentist but take me to the eye doctor and try to do that puff of air test and my eyes will start to blink uncontrollably. I can't help it.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Today's confession besides the fact I just spent about an hour catching up.

I had a fried beef taco, WAY too many chips and salsa on top of a DP for dinner last night because my daughter had to eat at an authentic Mexican restaurant for Spanish class. When I finally went to bed last night, I was so sick to my stomach and nauseated, I felt like I was going to puke. Luckily, I drank some water and took some slow deep breaths and it subsided.

Okay, I guess I have 2 confessions.

This weekend we are going out of town for my husband's God son's 2nd birthday and we will be staying in a hotel and eating out all weekend. I am not planning on logging anything but my water and exercise. I am not going to hold back and restrict anything, but I'm not going to eat like a prisoner on death row either. I'll eat what I want when I want and just enjoy the time away from life right now.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

When you figure out how to do that, please let me know. I'm TERRIFIED of going to the dentist. I know I have cavities and I don't want him to hurt me by drilling and filling them.

I had two cavities filled last month and honest to God, it doesn't hurt. The worst part is just keeping your mouth open the whole time. I still hate the dentist, but it's not anything like it used to be. Please go.

I know I'm making it way worse in my head than it actually will be, I'm sure. I have insurance and I need to use it.

I haven't be to the gyno for several years either. I'm talking more than 10 probably. I am thinking of going before my vacation in June/July just so I can get on BC so I won't have my period while down there.

I sure have my priorities in line, don't I?!

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I agree. And my jaw clicks really loudly afterwards and it freaks out my dentist. Actually, I also hate the feel of the numbing injection.
  • CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    CynSearly wrote: »
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Confession: My husband is not as serious about his health as he should be, and that scares me. A lot.

I feel your pain! My husband won't even go for a walk with me on the weekends. I let him hold me back for a long time because he wouldn't workout so I didn't either. He works from home and gets zero exercise. In the past I've tried yelling, guilt, compassion, empathy; nothing works.

I mean that's just terrible.... I am curious what his defense is when you sincerely tell him you are genuinely worried about his long term health?

He looks at me shamefully and says "I know"

But then goes back to eating junk and suggesting unhealthy dinner options. Of course, I am weak and will cave in because I have the same cravings... It's a rotten cycle.

That's tough when you are the one trying to do better but are faced with temptation rather than support. Just do what you can to make better choices without him knowing. Eventually he will notice his shirts and pants are a little more loose and maybe that will trigger some motivation. Stay strong!

Yep. This week, my jeans are fitting better... and I haven't told him yet, but I plan to tell him just as soon as he complains to me about how his clothes don't fit... (yeah, I'm a bit vindictive).

It's been really hard for me to avoid temptation over the last year, but when I started my journey I was so successful. I wish I knew what I could do to get back into that mindset.

I've been thinking that maybe I should take a different shift at work so that my husband and I don't have much time to spend together (he works business hours, I can take an evening shift), so we don't ever have the opportunity to make bad decisions together.

He is an enabler, and we both have trouble denying each other things because we have a lot of things in our life that are very stressful now, and I think we just use it as an excuse to shrug our shoulders and say "We deserve it."

I need to stop using food as a reward.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I know I'm making it way worse in my head than it actually will be, I'm sure. I have insurance and I need to use it.

I haven't be to the gyno for several years either. I'm talking more than 10 probably. I am thinking of going before my vacation in June/July just so I can get on BC so I won't have my period while down there.

I sure have my priorities in line, don't I?!

If that's the case, GO NOW! The last two times I stopped taking BC and then restarted, I spotted on and off for the entire first month back on the pill. You want to get that out of the way before your vacation.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned in this thread before that I suffer from anxiety. Well, it's usually bad to the point that I can't leave the house alone. So, today I have a two-step confession; one is AWESOME, and one is.... You be the judge.

The Good: I left the house ALL BY MYSELF and walked 20 minutes to the grocery store and back, picked up the stuff I wanted, went through the check-out, and did it all without panicking! <--- So proud!

The erm... Not So Good: I did ALL that just to buy ingredients to bake cookies... Which I didn't have the calories for. Oops?

That's fantastic! :) I don't have anxiety about leaving the house, but I've got anxiety about other things so I can understand what an accomplishment this is. Good for you!

As a fellow baker, you'll probably understand this: yesterday, I spent almost six hours crafting a realistic-looking sneaker out of fondant for the top of a kid's birthday cake. I'm peeved that there isn't an exercise listed in the database because it was totally exhausting! ;)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I've mentioned in this thread before that I suffer from anxiety. Well, it's usually bad to the point that I can't leave the house alone. So, today I have a two-step confession; one is AWESOME, and one is.... You be the judge.

The Good: I left the house ALL BY MYSELF and walked 20 minutes to the grocery store and back, picked up the stuff I wanted, went through the check-out, and did it all without panicking! <--- So proud!

The erm... Not So Good: I did ALL that just to buy ingredients to bake cookies... Which I didn't have the calories for. Oops?

Good for you!!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Guys. We're almost to 600 pages. We've been at this for 3.5 months.

I hope Agent OJ comes up with something good...

Noted and contemplating ;)
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Cilantro is always controversial. Some people just don't taste it properly. My sister claims it tastes metallic and won't eat anything with it in there (she also won't eat anything spicy).

I love cilantro.

I love it too! My sister thinks it tastes like soap. It's weird how people either love it or hate it.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Have you guys thought about a sleep dentist? I don't know if they have them everywhere, but my kids go to a dentist who regularly uses varying degrees of anesthesia to help people who are afraid of the dentist get the work they need. He can do a twilight sleep where you're only just under, all the way to a full knock out if that's what you need. He also does non sleep dentistry - my kids haven't needed to go under yet. It's really nice to have the option though. I know my kids would not sit nicely if they needed a tooth out or drilled.