Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrustion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

Anyhow, she finally left last night. And this morning, the first thing I did when I woke up? I went to the bathroom to pee and yelled out to my husband (who was still in bed, trying to sleep), "HEY, HUSBAND! LOOK AT ME, I'M PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN! JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA. TAKE THAT, [PERSON]!" ;)

I may be a little strange... My husband definitely thinks so.

LOL! That's funny.

When I was in my mid-20's, I had a boyfriend who lived with me for a couple of years. He once had a friend come and stay with us for several MONTHS. Oh goodness, was I young. I can't even imagine myself allowing that today. I think he gave me $500/month or something to stay with us, and I thought that was worth it.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrustion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

Anyhow, she finally left last night. And this morning, the first thing I did when I woke up? I went to the bathroom to pee and yelled out to my husband (who was still in bed, trying to sleep), "HEY, HUSBAND! LOOK AT ME, I'M PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN! JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA. TAKE THAT, [PERSON]!" ;)

Funny! I pee with the door open ONLY when I'm home alone. But when I'm home alone I love to be stark naked, it is just so freaking comfortable.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession today, no work to be done. Absolutely none. On the bright side, I'm going out to eat pizza for dinner. I blame it on the newly created pizza group.

Not going anywhere near that group. None of the East Coasters will fully appreciate the genius that is Malnati's sausage disk.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Confession today, no work to be done. Absolutely none. On the bright side, I'm going out to eat pizza for dinner. I blame it on the newly created pizza group.

Have fun.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrusion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

I love that! It totally sounds like something I'd do. My husband KNOWS I'm strange. :smiley:

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @nonoelmo I love your new profile pic!! Is that you hugging your dog? So sweet

Are those his little teeth like he's smiling?! I love it. Too precious.

Thank you. He has the biggest underbite so his teeth do show a lot and often. I bought him for my son and he is the perfect, mellow, loving, gentle, squishy dog!

Post a picture I want to see him!! I'm on my phone so the picture on your profile shows up small :( I love doggies!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Does walking around target get considered exercise? ;)

Of course! I've had some of my best workouts there!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Funny! I pee with the door open ONLY when I'm home alone.

Me too. But I might have done exactly as @Susieq_1994 did, just to make a point. I would hate to have another person (except the SO) living in my home.

Sometimes I don't even like having the door open when I'm home alone because the dogs stare at me. I think they're jealous that I get to go potty indoors and they can't.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

Isn't is crazy how even adult children can still strain a relationship? Well, I think that it's best if he speaks to her and get some things cleared up and then you'll have a GREAT vacation!

Agreed!

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys, I have a terrible, terrible confession. It may shock some of you who have known me for a while, but I think it's time to come clean.

The fact is... I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!". And I like it. *hangs head in shame*

... I actually feel the need to defend this confession. I don't think it tastes like butter! I just like the taste... I use it like it's some exotic cream cheese spread or something...
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I haven't done anything like this. Too cerebral, I guess. I don't limit myself on anything but calories. So I want low-calorie snacks so I can have snacks, even sweet ones. (Did you know a Fun-size Twix is only 50 calories!) I do allow one day a month to blow the calorie budget with no guilt. The problem is, I often go over at least a bit. I blame my husband. He's trying to have us all eat healthier by using less processed food. Sweet of him, isn't it? Until I try calculating the calories for every ingredient he used.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    guacamaya-hot-sauce-authentic-174970.jpg

This is one of my favorites. It is $0.99 a bottle, not hot but very tasty! I enjoy other kinds too but this one is a nice cheap staple! mmmmmm
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I guess the added weight from pushing the nearly 30lb toddler and whatever goodies I pick up in the buggy will just be some strength training too? Lol
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    @nonoelmo I love your new profile pic!! Is that you hugging your dog? So sweet

Are those his little teeth like he's smiling?! I love it. Too precious.

Thank you. He has the biggest underbite so his teeth do show a lot and often. I bought him for my son and he is the perfect, mellow, loving, gentle, squishy dog!

Post a picture I want to see him!! I'm on my phone so the picture on your profile shows up small :( I love doggies!

I will work on that - have to get back to work and will have to figure out how to post a picture that is not linked somewhere already. He's a good boy.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys, I have a terrible, terrible confession. It may shock some of you who have known me for a while, but I think it's time to come clean.

The fact is... I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!". And I like it. *hangs head in shame*

... I actually feel the need to defend this confession. I don't think it tastes like butter! I just like the taste... I use it like it's some exotic cream cheese spread or something...

It's like I don't even know you!!!!! ;)

There's an LC syrup that tastes kinda maple-y but absolutely nothing like syrup. You'll see people ranting about it in the forums sometimes. I don't care that it doesn't taste like syrup, it still tastes good on my yogurt, so I'm using it.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Today's confession.

(HUGS) for the conversation being a complicated hard one. Yay for period being done before your trip.

Thanks, and YAY indeed!

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I guess the added weight from pushing the nearly 30lb toddler and whatever goodies I pick up in the buggy will just be some strength training too? Lol

30 lb toddler plus merchandise? Lady, I only bench press 37 lbs at this point... you are totally strength training!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Today's confession.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Funny! I pee with the door open ONLY when I'm home alone.

Me too. But I might have done exactly as @Susieq_1994 did, just to make a point. I would hate to have another person (except the SO) living in my home.

Sometimes I don't even like having the door open when I'm home alone because the dogs stare at me. I think they're jealous that I get to go potty indoors and they can't.

Especially when it's raining. Lucy will turn around and stare at me when I try to let her out during a storm. I picture her thinking, "Um, yeah, I'm going out there. Why don't YOU go out there. No?! Didn't think so."