Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KimFergie wrote: »
    Sometimes I eat an entire package of spaghetti, with just salt and margarine. An entire package. SMDH

Ditto, but with ranch dressing. Sounds gross but it's so good haha!

My stepdad's one relative put mayonnaise on his spaghetti. Yuck! I think he puts it on pretty much everything.

When I was younger I would put weird stuff on popcorn like mayonnaise, mustard, & maybe ketchup.

People think we're weird but my whole family (extended family included) loves potato chips with cottage cheese- such a guilty pleasure snack! When I go home (like I am this weekend) I can be sure to see my family eating it!

My DH calls it "Heather's fat girl food" (and nope I'm not offended; I laugh every time) but when I was very heavy I used to LOVE nacho cheese doritos with either sour cream or cottage cheese. OMG so good! It's salty, creamy, cheesy goodness.

I don't eat Doritos anymore because my stomach can't handle them :(

Dortitos with dill pickle dip.....mmmmmmm

I am starving right now, we are going to ribfest in an hour....

I saw you mention this earlier - what exactly is it?

It is a food festival where six of the best ribbers in the province get together a different city per weekend and serve BBQ chicken, ribs, pulled pork and corn bread. Then there are other vendors that do like corn, fries/potatoes, and desserts like deep fried cheesecake, funnel cake, fresh doughnuts etc. The ribbers get judged on best sauce, best ribs etc. There is also live bands and vendors selling things like bags or jewelry and whatnot. It is a bit expensive, but so worth it....I have gone three years in a row, this is my daughter's first time, she is really excited and we are both starving lol. So, with that, I am off to shower and go eat some meat!!

Ah, we have something similar here. Just went last month. I'm vegetarian, but my husband and kids sure love all the BBQ! There are also bands and vendors and games and rides for the kids. Have fun!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession: There used to be the an older man who would jog by early in the morning when the sprinklers were on at my apartments and shout - "water wasters! you're wasting water" - every other day or so. He stopped doing it and I havent seen him for a while. My neighbors seem glad, but I thought it was funny and I kind of miss him.

I wonder what he would've yelled had he been jogging past dead, unwatered lawns instead?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I hate Facebook. Why does everyone feel the need to emotionally vomit everything they can possibly think of that happens in their life all over the feeds? Does nothing in life remain private anymore? :-/

Editing to add: I'm obviously not dissing this confession thread--I love this thing. I'm referring to the people who like to air all of their dirty laundry and that of their family in public for all to see. I find it extremely distasteful.

I have a cousin who posts crap all the time. She's the attention seeker type, so she'll post something like "Worst day ever" or "I'm so done", and then people ask what's wrong and she'll reply "I don't want to talk about it". SOOOOOOO ANNOYING!

I have a couple of those people on my wall. Or they post things like ''I'm so ugly!!'' along with a dozen selfies, and then when someone says ''You're gorgeous!!'' they'll reply with something like ''Yeah right'' or ''Thanks but you don't have to lie.'' Next day, same thing.

:(

Now that would annoy me!!!!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    GAH!!!! The bug! The bug! Major bug phobia here. I had to leave the thread for a while last time we got on this topic. I feel like it's crawling on me right now. Going to die.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I blew out of work at noon, grilled steak for lunch and now I'm planning on boozing all afternoon while working on the beater Jeep.

Sounds like a good time, except working on the Jeep part.

I paid $500 for it and bought it only so I could park my Wrangler in the winter so I literally have 5 months to get it done lol.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

Damn. Anonymity... out the window.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Plus I'll miss all of you. :/

Have fun! And good luck catching up :wink:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

Yeah... I made some. Ate the whole thing (seriously, a whole cauliflower plus all the toppings etc). I managed to make myself sick of it after one attempt. Go me.

Still love cauliflower but nope that way anymore LOL.

Trying to catch up... you all have been busy. I went to see Jurassic World instead of working out. Then got home, made myself a huge salad... and had 3 cookies and 2 squares of chocolate. Should still be within my calories though (there's a school party with food trucks tonight but I'm having dinner before going, I don't need a 1200 calories meal).
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have to admit that geeking out with a bunch of you guys over Sims has made me want to play it again. But oh golly, is that thing ever a time suck! I purposely left my Sims CDs (The original game + a couple of the extensions) with my little brother when I got married and moved away, because I didn't want to drown in my fake life when I have a real life to live... A pretty boring one, but a real one. ;)

I want to play now too. I almost actually played it on Monday night which is strange since it was before all you guys started talking about it again.

I've done all the bad things to my Sims as well (take the ladder from the pool, lock them in without doors, etc).

I actually saved up and bought a computer when I was younger JUST so I could play the original Sims game. :)

The Sims is the only reason I bought a laptop lol
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Awesome! We'll miss you too! Where are you going? Sorry, if you said and I missed it.

I only kinda mentioned vaguely that I'd be in the US again... at the end of next week we're doing a short road trip to Minneapolis.

But my SO is back now (as of this morning) so I'll have a lot less online time.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting here all butt-hurt because he didn't come and see me when he got back into town. Normally he'd stop by my work for a 5-minute visit because we've been apart for TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS but this time he didn't... said he didn't feel like dealing with road construction, wtf? I manage to drive through the same construction zone every day, sometimes twice a day, without complaining, and there IS an easy alternate route. So having a little pity party all by myself right now... and feeling stupid about letting it get to me.

Not stupid at all. I'd feel the same way. You may ask him about it when you see him, but if it's just a one-time thing and he seems stressed about other things, then I'm sure it was just the traffic. Either way, enjoy your vacation and you will be missed!

I think I will say something... in the proper "I felt..." terminology. It's just that the construction thing sounded like a really lame excuse because it's seriously no big deal -- single lane traffic for a couple of blocks, not even any flaggers.

OTOH, clearly I'm not in a good headspace emotionally today because I just had a meltdown in the card shop trying to pick out a Father's Day card. There seems to be a surfeit of "you've always been so wonderful" "you've always been there for me" "you've always loved me" cards this year. And they just don't work for me.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Confession: All of these Father's Day advertisements just depress me because I had a really rough patch with my dad this year, he really stressed me out while I was in the hospital and the time I was stuck at home, and still hold negative feelings towards him.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Confession: I hate Facebook. Why does everyone feel the need to emotionally vomit everything they can possibly think of that happens in their life all over the feeds? Does nothing in life remain private anymore? :-/

I feel like a weirdo because I absolutely love Facebook.

I have reconnected with so many friends that I've lost touch with over the years. People say all the time "well, I'm in touch with all the people I care about". That is not true. When I was 19, I got pregnant, married the jerk and moved to Colorado. I lost touch with everybody from my life. This was 1993, not many people had email back then. Facebook has helped me reconnect with several really good friends. I even found an old friend from grade school that had moved to Florida when she was 14. When I went to Florida and visited with her the first time, it was like not a day had passed.

Yes, some of my friends post stuff I don't care to see, but I typically either ignore it, unfollow them, or unfriend them if it's somebody I don't care to interact with at all any more.

Edited to add: My least favorite thing about Facebook right now is the huge number of people who are using it to market their latest MLM garbage.

I love FB too. I'm not the kind of person who likes calling friends, but this way I can keep up with my old friends without having to be more involved. It's perfect for me!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    2. If someone is standing behind me uncomfortably close I will turn around and say, "I need more room than this. Please scoot back." People have always don't it probably because they were caught off guard by me saying that. Don't care. Back off and do not breathe on me!

I'll only say something at an ATM, I guess that's the only time I feel "entitled" to my space.

My favourite is when someone in line behind me has an out-of-control toddler who runs up to the machine when somebody other than their parent is using it, poking open the doors and trying to hit the buttons. And the parent says nothing.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I refuse to accept this.

Awesome! We'll miss you too! Where are you going? Sorry, if you said and I missed it.

I only kinda mentioned vaguely that I'd be in the US again... at the end of next week we're doing a short road trip to Minneapolis.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting here all butt-hurt because he didn't come and see me when he got back into town. Normally he'd stop by my work for a 5-minute visit because we've been apart for TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS but this time he didn't... said he didn't feel like dealing with road construction, wtf? I manage to drive through the same construction zone every day, sometimes twice a day, without complaining, and there IS an easy alternate route. So having a little pity party all by myself right now... and feeling stupid about letting it get to me.

Not stupid at all. I'd feel the same way. You may ask him about it when you see him, but if it's just a one-time thing and he seems stressed about other things, then I'm sure it was just the traffic. Either way, enjoy your vacation and you will be missed!

I think I will say something... in the proper "I felt..." terminology. It's just that the construction thing sounded like a really lame excuse because it's seriously no big deal -- single lane traffic for a couple of blocks, not even any flaggers.

OTOH, clearly I'm not in a good headspace emotionally today because I just had a meltdown in the card shop trying to pick out a Father's Day card. There seems to be a surfeit of "you've always been so wonderful" "you've always been there for me" "you've always loved me" cards this year. And they just don't work for me.

Try the ones that are meant to be from little kids with printed writing instead of script. Simpler should help.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Confession: All of these Father's Day advertisements just depress me because I had a really rough patch with my dad this year, he really stressed me out while I was in the hospital and the time I was stuck at home, and still hold negative feelings towards him.
    I confess that I too am having a hard time with all these Father's Day advertisements. I tried to go on a bookstore's webpage the other day and was overcome with all these ''BOOKS 50% OFF FOR DAD!'' or ''DAD'S GOING TO LOVE THIS!'' etc etc, so I closed out of it. I'm sorry you went through a rough patch with your father and I hope you two can patch things up together at some point (take things at your pace).

I'm almost done with the book I am reading and am going to go downtown soon to pick up some more for my trip ;) Excited about that.

EDIT: Why am I making such ridiculous mistakes. ''I do'' instead of ''I too,'' really? :(
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    There is one girl I went to high school with who has seemed to not grow up since then, her facebook is full of drama with her wedding and bridal party. It's like Jersey Shore, a train wreck I can't help but watch lol

It's great fun when you don't have to deal with it in person, isn't it?
    And, I don't know if I've commented on this before, but I love your hair. Bangs look really good on you. I'm jealous because I can't do bangs since my hair is naturally curly. It's a disaster. I've tried before.

Thank you! I needed a change and love my long hair so bangs it was, we will see how long it takes for me to get annoyed with them haha
  • Francl27
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I've had to skip about 40 pages because I've had all day meetings at work for the past 2 days and just never got caught up. Sorry if I missed something momentous!

Confession: I paired my aforementioned supernoodles with fish fingers (I think they're call fish sticks in the States). Best 'placate the pregnancy hormones' dinner ever.

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I constantly craved fish and chips (fries). I think I had fish and chips at least twice a week. So good. That actually sounds good now too...

I was craving it like crazy last week and my mom's boyfriend ordered it twice. I was peeved. So I made my own... much healthier and definitely helped with the craving (just with cod, rolled in flour, egg whites, and panko crumbs, then baked, and homemade baked fries). I bet it tasted better too... but I can't remember every having GOOD fish and chips here in the US either.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    zira91 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    Questions (not judgement of course):

1) do you mean you don't change out of those workout clothes for days or are you "airing" things out like some of these other ladies?

2) For the ladies airing stuff out would it be just as easy to take those clothes in the bathroom+when you shower and leave them in a sink full of water and Woolite while you shower and the drain the sink while you dress and then hang them to dry for the same lenght of time they would have "aired out"?...without really costing you any more time if thats the issue?

3) Is it the scented trash bag, and what do you do with the yellow drawstring tie it at your waist like sweats?

4) What is the difference between, judgement, curiosity, "nosy" -ness, and concern?

I put my workout clothes on hooks in my bedroom to air them out. Hand washing & wringing seems like wayyyyy too much work lol

be careful of ringworm or tinea though.. i used to do this and got a ringworm infection (could be from the gym) of which i have to use both antifungal pills and cream for > 14 days! need to rewash all my clothes in hot water every day during that time to avoid reinfection.. sob.. too much hard works comes with that.. lessons learned though..

This is what I was thinking at the beginning of the thread when all these confessions were made- this happened to a girl in college who always re-wore workout clothes without washing. I was never one for wearing things more than once or twice anyway, but ever since then I've been paranoid about ringworm! Even when we go camping and hiking I make sure I have an extra clean sports bra and shirt (one more than the number of days we're going for), just in case.

Ok this might be a totally dumb question, but how to you catch ring worm from anything that doesn't have ring worm??

As I understand it, ringworm is a fungus that likes wet, warm places - and is frequently spread at gyms, through dirty clothes, towels, sharing combs, brushes, and via animals or the skin of infected people. And if you get the fungus on your clothes, at the gym for example, and then keep rewearing those clothes without washing them, you up your chances of actually developing an infection...

Oh, I thought ring worm was an actual kind of worm......dumb name then lol

Haha, yeah... it's definitely a misnomer.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: There used to be the an older man who would jog by early in the morning when the sprinklers were on at my apartments and shout - "water wasters! you're wasting water" - every other day or so. He stopped doing it and I havent seen him for a while. My neighbors seem glad, but I thought it was funny and I kind of miss him.

I wonder what he would've yelled had he been jogging past dead, unwatered lawns instead?

He probably would have nodded and thought "good". Seemed like a human Grumpy Cat. I just thought it was so funny that he yelled it at us, like we had some control over the lawn care.
  • Francl27
    Options
    JadaFerris wrote: »
    First confession as a newb: (just joined Monday)

I'm hungry all.the.time.

When I get hungry between meals, I drink a bottle of water, then chew gum. For hours until the next mealtime. :(

Tell me it gets easier?? Ugh.

Make your deficit smaller. Eat more protein and fat, and less carbs. It really helps.

I wasn't hungry for months when I started, to be honest... just had a lot of plain Greek yogurt with fruit to fill me up as snacks. I've been hungry a lot in the last few months though.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options

I refuse to accept this.

Yeah, those cards can be overly emotional and not at all practical. That's why sometimes I'll buy a blank one and just write something really brief.