Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    There is one girl I went to high school with who has seemed to not grow up since then, her facebook is full of drama with her wedding and bridal party. It's like Jersey Shore, a train wreck I can't help but watch lol

It's great fun when you don't have to deal with it in person, isn't it?
    And, I don't know if I've commented on this before, but I love your hair. Bangs look really good on you. I'm jealous because I can't do bangs since my hair is naturally curly. It's a disaster. I've tried before.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I noticed that there are rare times in the Sims when a character becomes stuck and you can no longer play as them.

I had a family who was having a lot of kids. One time they had twin girls. In the Sims when you have twins, sometimes the family will put one of the babies down on the floor as they prepare to welcome the second baby. They put the first baby on the floor, alright, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get anyone to pick it up. It became stuck there, like a piece of furniture. While all the kids grew up and moved out, and the parents became grandparents (and eventually died), the baby remained on the floor... just looking around contentedly. It didn't die and it didn't age.

.... :neutral:

That is SO weird. One of my characters developed a glitch, and every few seconds she would lift her arm into newborn-holding position. It looked like she had some kind of weird muscle spasm problem... :|
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    (picture removed)
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Even though you're younger than me- will you be my mother? I hate baking! I need someone to do it for me! :)

Consider yourself adopted, if you'll save me from myself by eating my baked goods. I LOVE to bake! But then I end up eating a little too much of what I baked... :p

YAYY!! I would like some chocolate cake with white whipped cream icing :) Haha that is why I'm glad I hate baking because if I did I wouldn't be able to stop myself from eating everything I made!

While it isn't chocolate cake, you reminded me of this dessert that I made when I visited family in March:
    fxj460qrsmyq.jpg

It's layered from bottom to top: Digestive biscuits (A bit like graham crackers), vanilla custard, Oreos, chocolate custard, repeat... And the top is real whipped cream (not the stuff in a can). ;)

THAT LOOKS (and sounds) AMAZING! Could you ship that to the states? :p

Of course... I take no responsibility for the way it would look, smell, or taste by the time it gets there, though!

Anyhow, since I'm feeling like both a loser and a pig today for going over my calorie goal so badly, I'm hoping to justify it by showing everyone my baked goods so they'll know what I'm up against here... And maybe have some people to share in my piggy feeling. So, here goes!

Oh my. Are these all in your house right now?

Thank goodness, no. But these are the weight-loss-defeating weapons that I'm capable of when I've been let loose in the kitchen! :o
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate like ten apricots that were freshly picked by my husband's family and sent from their village. I feel a little sick now... But oh my GOSH, they were good. And I'm not even a fruit person!

I love apricots so much. But it's hard to find good ones, and they are expensive.

Yup, exactly! It was almost impossible to find nice ones in Oman. I don't think I've ever tasted apricots so good. I wonder if I'm going to leave any for my husband... >:)

We've booked a holiday to the Dominican Republic next month. One of the things I am most excited about is trying the bananas!! banana cocktails
    Fixed that for you!!

What banana cocktails are there? I was trying to figure this out earlier while talking to my boyfriend and obsessing about amazing, fresh, delicious bananas. I could only think of pina coladas, which obviously are not banana at all.

Banana Daiquiri - MMMM!

All this talk of alcohol and bananas makes me want to buy a bottle of Blue Chair Bay banana rum! (If you don't know, that would be part of Kenny Chesney's line of rum.) I had a few drinks made with that at the concert we went to in March, oh it's so good! :laugh:
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

Damn. Anonymity... out the window.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Plus I'll miss all of you. :/

Awesome! We'll miss you too! Where are you going? Sorry, if you said and I missed it.

I only kinda mentioned vaguely that I'd be in the US again... at the end of next week we're doing a short road trip to Minneapolis.

But my SO is back now (as of this morning) so I'll have a lot less online time.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting here all butt-hurt because he didn't come and see me when he got back into town. Normally he'd stop by my work for a 5-minute visit because we've been apart for TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS but this time he didn't... said he didn't feel like dealing with road construction, wtf? I manage to drive through the same construction zone every day, sometimes twice a day, without complaining, and there IS an easy alternate route. So having a little pity party all by myself right now... and feeling stupid about letting it get to me.

Not stupid at all. I'd feel the same way. You may ask him about it when you see him, but if it's just a one-time thing and he seems stressed about other things, then I'm sure it was just the traffic. Either way, enjoy your vacation and you will be missed!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

The difference between my highest weight and lowest (which at the time, I'd lost 160 lbs) was insane. People held doors for me, looked me in the eye, listened to my opinion, etc. I was invisible when I was fat. It sucked and I actually went through a stage where I was mad at everyone for not giving me the time of day when I was fat and being all over me skinny. And I noticed as the weight came back on and I was eventually 40 lbs heavier than my lowest, people were starting to be ruder, not hold doors, notice me less, etc.

yep. i've noticed over the past year i've started to become invisible again....

I wanted to respond but have to think about my thoughts on this. (I may ramble.)

1 When I was heavier I wanted and tried to be invisible. I'm sure I personally behaved differently than when I was not heavier. I was 152% of what I am now and more than a dozen sizes bigger if that gives some perspective to what size I was or if it even matters. I am only speaking of my experience here.

2 I am short - not even five feet tall and I am hmm, what is a descriptive word, non-threatening looking. (They have no idea how strong and powerful I am inside!) The size is another place where people (some) purposely ignore and don't see you. I am cut in front of in line a lot. Sometimes (as in recently) I was not in a hurry and just wanted to observe the person doing the cutting. The first person cut and I watched her closely. She was uncomfortable and I was amused secretly. When the second person tried to cut I spoke up. I was VERY clearly in line and she stood behind me for a solid five minutes. When I firmly said, I was here first, her reply was "oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you. (BS, she was 2 feet behind me in line.) The kind of funny part is that this was in the PETITE section of the store so no-one was all that tall, but most are more than 4'11".

So I wonder if it is just rudeness in general and when a person perceives whatever about a person and makes assumptions then they rationalize their rude behavior?

Again, I'm small, pleasant in dealing with (most) people. I am also very calm in an emergency. After my son's second open heart surgery (WARNING FOR THE Squeamish - skip this paragraph) they removed one of the main-line IV's that he's had. It was on his arm very high up near his armpit. It didn't clot as much as the nurse thought and pretty quickly after it started to bleed a lot. I grabbed his arm and applied pressure (he was 3 years old). The circumstances were such that I could not move (he was attached to lines) to push the call button. I was in a room near the nurses station. I called out "I need some help in here, he's bleeding" (nothing, chatting continued.) I tried this several times. I was not panicked but no one was coming to help, they continued their conversation. I was not worried but it was time to get some assistance as I was in an awkward position and my hand stopping the bleeding was a temporary measure so I put on the freaked out mom voice "My son is gushing blood" and INSTANTLY three nurses stopped their chatting and rushed in to help. It bothered me that I was ignored until I acted upset. The volume of my voice had been the same each time, it was the tone of voice that changed.

So I'm short and non-threatening/pleasant looking. I go by my first name almost all the time but when I want to cut through and get things moving quickly or if I'm dealing with customer service (or when I'm dealing with a new customer for the first time) I pull out the doctor title. It is amazing how people's attitutes change. I'm the same freaking person but put a title in front of me and I get way more respect and better customer service.

I dress up (sort of) most of the time. I love little comfortable dresses and sandals all summer long. They are more comfortable than shorts but have the bonus of people assuming I'm dressed up. People respond to me differently when I'm in a dress than when I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. (Hair and makeup being the same). I like the comfort of the dresses but I also like the niceties that dressing well brings out in people. (I'm on a budget so I don't spend much to dress the way I do.) The difference between dresses and shorts is amazing! These are just simple little summery dresses that are as comfortable as pajamas and cooler than shorts but doors get opened, people smile and talk, etc.

I guess some or maybe a lot or maybe all of us make assumptions about people and treat people accordingly whether it be weight or height or gender or the manner of dress, etc.. I try to treat everyone with common decency but I'm sure there have been times when I've failed (PMS or whatever).

I don't have a clear cut point or a solution. Reading over this I can summerize that when I was heavy I tried to disappear and didn't want interactions so I can't remember if I felt people treated me differently. I know I acted as if I was in retreat from people more. I know that some people use whatever assumptions about other people (short and probably non-confrontational in my case) to try to get away with rude behavior. I know that at the same weight I get treated very differently depending upon if I'm wearing casual wear, casual dresses or business suits. I also know that whatever I'm wearing if I'm smiling and outgoing I get a different reaction from people than if I'm quiet and not smiling.

I'm sorry you are not being treated the way you should be treated. I wish I understood human nature more.

People are just rude in general.

I see it all the time at the service desk. I always explain to a customer that it would be in their best interest to just do the return first & not run back in the store to do an exchange or shopping/exchange cause if there is a line then they cannot just cut right back in front. A lot of them seem to understand, but there are still a few who go back & then come up to see the line has 10+ people in line & they think they can mosey on up & be waited on first. I also hate when you're waiting on someone & the next person has to literally be breathing down their neck since they're so close to them. I always want to say can you give the person some space? You being that close will not make the line go faster. I also hate when you're helping someone with a return, counting money for a paycheck, or explaining something important to a customer & you have someone come up & start asking questions or think they should be waited on that minute. I can't count how many times I have gotten ready to count a large amount of change & someone has to tell me they're leaving their stuff they already bought on the counter to use the restroom.

I also can't stand the people who roll their eyes when the line is long. I always try to be nice & tell them that I am going as fast as I can & that I can't get help since they're busy on the regular registers.

As a shopper I thought there was going to be a fight one day in a thrift store of all places. There was a man & a woman getting ready to ring out & they were arguing about cutting in line. Out of nowhere the man screamed to the lady that she better not have a taser. I was like are you serious?

I can only imagine the things you see every day! As far as the bold, I've tried to solve this in two ways:
    1. I'll go to the store right after the gym when I'm all sweaty and smelly hoping people will keep their distance.
    2. If someone is standing behind me uncomfortably close I will turn around and say, "I need more room than this. Please scoot back." People have always don't it probably because they were caught off guard by me saying that. Don't care. Back off and do not breathe on me!

If I'm in the mood, I will just back up and "accidentally" step on them. Also don't care.

Yes! Preferably in my spiked high heels.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I blew out of work at noon, grilled steak for lunch and now I'm planning on boozing all afternoon while working on the beater Jeep.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    zira91 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    Questions (not judgement of course):

1) do you mean you don't change out of those workout clothes for days or are you "airing" things out like some of these other ladies?

2) For the ladies airing stuff out would it be just as easy to take those clothes in the bathroom+when you shower and leave them in a sink full of water and Woolite while you shower and the drain the sink while you dress and then hang them to dry for the same lenght of time they would have "aired out"?...without really costing you any more time if thats the issue?

3) Is it the scented trash bag, and what do you do with the yellow drawstring tie it at your waist like sweats?

4) What is the difference between, judgement, curiosity, "nosy" -ness, and concern?

I put my workout clothes on hooks in my bedroom to air them out. Hand washing & wringing seems like wayyyyy too much work lol

be careful of ringworm or tinea though.. i used to do this and got a ringworm infection (could be from the gym) of which i have to use both antifungal pills and cream for > 14 days! need to rewash all my clothes in hot water every day during that time to avoid reinfection.. sob.. too much hard works comes with that.. lessons learned though..

This is what I was thinking at the beginning of the thread when all these confessions were made- this happened to a girl in college who always re-wore workout clothes without washing. I was never one for wearing things more than once or twice anyway, but ever since then I've been paranoid about ringworm! Even when we go camping and hiking I make sure I have an extra clean sports bra and shirt (one more than the number of days we're going for), just in case.

Ok this might be a totally dumb question, but how to you catch ring worm from anything that doesn't have ring worm??

As I understand it, ringworm is a fungus that likes wet, warm places - and is frequently spread at gyms, through dirty clothes, towels, sharing combs, brushes, and via animals or the skin of infected people. And if you get the fungus on your clothes, at the gym for example, and then keep rewearing those clothes without washing them, you up your chances of actually developing an infection...

Oh, I thought ring worm was an actual kind of worm......dumb name then lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I hate Facebook. Why does everyone feel the need to emotionally vomit everything they can possibly think of that happens in their life all over the feeds? Does nothing in life remain private anymore? :-/

Editing to add: I'm obviously not dissing this confession thread--I love this thing. I'm referring to the people who like to air all of their dirty laundry and that of their family in public for all to see. I find it extremely distasteful.

My "favorite" thing is when someone is fighting with their partner or a specific person and is posting all kinds of passive aggressive and hostile comments about it publicly instead of just messaging that person - or just talking to them in real life - because half the time they are sitting in the same house.

Exactly! I also especially hate the dramatic "fishing" ones where they say something totally vague like... "I'm so sad..." or "I can't believe this!! Ugh!!" and wait for everyone to ask what's wrong and if they're okay. -_-

Ugh, my terrible SIL is guilty of both of these. Hence, the "terrible".

I generally either ignore those, or in one case I texted my friend and asked him what was going on. Only because he and his boyfriend both posted some vague garbage like that at the same time. That was a breakup.

I'd much rather vaguebooking or attention seeking posts than the racist crap my SIL posts. I've unfollowed her.

I do not know how you cannot just rip her a new one.....I generally lose my mind if I see something racist or homophobic on facebook
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I do not play games on my phone or my computer so all this Sims talk and Hay Day and such I have no idea what's going on. Never been big on those kinds of things :/

I never was either! I would make fun of my husband, sometimes even get legitimately mad at him for playing them so much but then his iPad told me the farm animals were lonely and I got hooked. He said you get bored after a while so I kinda hope that happens soon.

But...it has helped me with the boredom eating thing I was doing and I lost 2.4lbs this week.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I noticed that there are rare times in the Sims when a character becomes stuck and you can no longer play as them.

I had a family who was having a lot of kids. One time they had twin girls. In the Sims when you have twins, sometimes the family will put one of the babies down on the floor as they prepare to welcome the second baby. They put the first baby on the floor, alright, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get anyone to pick it up. It became stuck there, like a piece of furniture. While all the kids grew up and moved out, and the parents became grandparents (and eventually died), the baby remained on the floor... just looking around contentedly. It didn't die and it didn't age.

That is SO weird. One of my characters developed a glitch, and every few seconds she would lift her arm into newborn-holding position. It looked like she had some kind of weird muscle spasm problem... :|
    :lol:

I liked how you could get male Sims impregnated if they were abducted by aliens. It must be extremely painful for a man to give birth to a baby, but they were always so delighted with their little green-skinned alien child, cooing over them and whatnot. :lol: (Unless they weren't family Sims, of course... poor kid).

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm actually wanting to hurry up and get my workout and shower in for the day because it's going to rain from 3 PM onwards and I need to binge-watch the new season of Orange is the New Black. #priorities

I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited for it to come out!!! We all know what Laura's doing this weekend! :)

I am hoping to start it next weekend.....hopefully I can watch it over 5-6 weekends.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    KimFergie wrote: »
    Sometimes I eat an entire package of spaghetti, with just salt and margarine. An entire package. SMDH

Ditto, but with ranch dressing. Sounds gross but it's so good haha!

My stepdad's one relative put mayonnaise on his spaghetti. Yuck! I think he puts it on pretty much everything.

When I was younger I would put weird stuff on popcorn like mayonnaise, mustard, & maybe ketchup.

People think we're weird but my whole family (extended family included) loves potato chips with cottage cheese- such a guilty pleasure snack! When I go home (like I am this weekend) I can be sure to see my family eating it!

My DH calls it "Heather's fat girl food" (and nope I'm not offended; I laugh every time) but when I was very heavy I used to LOVE nacho cheese doritos with either sour cream or cottage cheese. OMG so good! It's salty, creamy, cheesy goodness.

I don't eat Doritos anymore because my stomach can't handle them :(

Dortitos with dill pickle dip.....mmmmmmm

I am starving right now, we are going to ribfest in an hour....

I saw you mention this earlier - what exactly is it?
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I blew out of work at noon, grilled steak for lunch and now I'm planning on boozing all afternoon while working on the beater Jeep.

I'm so jealy right now
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

The difference between my highest weight and lowest (which at the time, I'd lost 160 lbs) was insane. People held doors for me, looked me in the eye, listened to my opinion, etc. I was invisible when I was fat. It sucked and I actually went through a stage where I was mad at everyone for not giving me the time of day when I was fat and being all over me skinny. And I noticed as the weight came back on and I was eventually 40 lbs heavier than my lowest, people were starting to be ruder, not hold doors, notice me less, etc.

yep. i've noticed over the past year i've started to become invisible again....

I wanted to respond but have to think about my thoughts on this. (I may ramble.)

1 When I was heavier I wanted and tried to be invisible. I'm sure I personally behaved differently than when I was not heavier. I was 152% of what I am now and more than a dozen sizes bigger if that gives some perspective to what size I was or if it even matters. I am only speaking of my experience here.

2 I am short - not even five feet tall and I am hmm, what is a descriptive word, non-threatening looking. (They have no idea how strong and powerful I am inside!) The size is another place where people (some) purposely ignore and don't see you. I am cut in front of in line a lot. Sometimes (as in recently) I was not in a hurry and just wanted to observe the person doing the cutting. The first person cut and I watched her closely. She was uncomfortable and I was amused secretly. When the second person tried to cut I spoke up. I was VERY clearly in line and she stood behind me for a solid five minutes. When I firmly said, I was here first, her reply was "oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you. (BS, she was 2 feet behind me in line.) The kind of funny part is that this was in the PETITE section of the store so no-one was all that tall, but most are more than 4'11".

So I wonder if it is just rudeness in general and when a person perceives whatever about a person and makes assumptions then they rationalize their rude behavior?

Again, I'm small, pleasant in dealing with (most) people. I am also very calm in an emergency. After my son's second open heart surgery (WARNING FOR THE Squeamish - skip this paragraph) they removed one of the main-line IV's that he's had. It was on his arm very high up near his armpit. It didn't clot as much as the nurse thought and pretty quickly after it started to bleed a lot. I grabbed his arm and applied pressure (he was 3 years old). The circumstances were such that I could not move (he was attached to lines) to push the call button. I was in a room near the nurses station. I called out "I need some help in here, he's bleeding" (nothing, chatting continued.) I tried this several times. I was not panicked but no one was coming to help, they continued their conversation. I was not worried but it was time to get some assistance as I was in an awkward position and my hand stopping the bleeding was a temporary measure so I put on the freaked out mom voice "My son is gushing blood" and INSTANTLY three nurses stopped their chatting and rushed in to help. It bothered me that I was ignored until I acted upset. The volume of my voice had been the same each time, it was the tone of voice that changed.

So I'm short and non-threatening/pleasant looking. I go by my first name almost all the time but when I want to cut through and get things moving quickly or if I'm dealing with customer service (or when I'm dealing with a new customer for the first time) I pull out the doctor title. It is amazing how people's attitutes change. I'm the same freaking person but put a title in front of me and I get way more respect and better customer service.

I dress up (sort of) most of the time. I love little comfortable dresses and sandals all summer long. They are more comfortable than shorts but have the bonus of people assuming I'm dressed up. People respond to me differently when I'm in a dress than when I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. (Hair and makeup being the same). I like the comfort of the dresses but I also like the niceties that dressing well brings out in people. (I'm on a budget so I don't spend much to dress the way I do.) The difference between dresses and shorts is amazing! These are just simple little summery dresses that are as comfortable as pajamas and cooler than shorts but doors get opened, people smile and talk, etc.

I guess some or maybe a lot or maybe all of us make assumptions about people and treat people accordingly whether it be weight or height or gender or the manner of dress, etc.. I try to treat everyone with common decency but I'm sure there have been times when I've failed (PMS or whatever).

I don't have a clear cut point or a solution. Reading over this I can summerize that when I was heavy I tried to disappear and didn't want interactions so I can't remember if I felt people treated me differently. I know I acted as if I was in retreat from people more. I know that some people use whatever assumptions about other people (short and probably non-confrontational in my case) to try to get away with rude behavior. I know that at the same weight I get treated very differently depending upon if I'm wearing casual wear, casual dresses or business suits. I also know that whatever I'm wearing if I'm smiling and outgoing I get a different reaction from people than if I'm quiet and not smiling.

I'm sorry you are not being treated the way you should be treated. I wish I understood human nature more.

People are just rude in general.

I see it all the time at the service desk. I always explain to a customer that it would be in their best interest to just do the return first & not run back in the store to do an exchange or shopping/exchange cause if there is a line then they cannot just cut right back in front. A lot of them seem to understand, but there are still a few who go back & then come up to see the line has 10+ people in line & they think they can mosey on up & be waited on first. I also hate when you're waiting on someone & the next person has to literally be breathing down their neck since they're so close to them. I always want to say can you give the person some space? You being that close will not make the line go faster. I also hate when you're helping someone with a return, counting money for a paycheck, or explaining something important to a customer & you have someone come up & start asking questions or think they should be waited on that minute. I can't count how many times I have gotten ready to count a large amount of change & someone has to tell me they're leaving their stuff they already bought on the counter to use the restroom.

I also can't stand the people who roll their eyes when the line is long. I always try to be nice & tell them that I am going as fast as I can & that I can't get help since they're busy on the regular registers.

As a shopper I thought there was going to be a fight one day in a thrift store of all places. There was a man & a woman getting ready to ring out & they were arguing about cutting in line. Out of nowhere the man screamed to the lady that she better not have a taser. I was like are you serious?

I can only imagine the things you see every day! As far as the bold, I've tried to solve this in two ways:
    1. I'll go to the store right after the gym when I'm all sweaty and smelly hoping people will keep their distance.
    2. If someone is standing behind me uncomfortably close I will turn around and say, "I need more room than this. Please scoot back." People have always don't it probably because they were caught off guard by me saying that. Don't care. Back off and do not breathe on me!

Does that work?! I HATE it when people stand RIGHT ON TOP OF ME while I'm checking out or waiting to do a return or exchange. It's so rude. I think the worse place this happens though is the tag office. We're all packed in there like sardines and the person behind me is standing close enough to read the size of my jeans. So rude.

I may have to try the sweaty gym thing. >:)

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I put a movie on, made it less than 5 minutes in, then came on here. The movie has been paused for over 15 minutes. I'm so terrible about watching movies at home. It'll take me 2 1/2 hours to watch a 90 minute movie :lol: At least I'm by myself.

It can take me DAYS to watch a movie at home, lol.

I never did finish the movie. I started a 90 minute movie just before 7:30, and (after finally playing it) stopped it just after 10:00, with about 15 minutes still left lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

:lol:

I liked how you could get male Sims impregnated if they were abducted by aliens. It must be extremely painful for a man to give birth to a baby, but they were always so delighted with their little green-skinned alien child, cooing over them and whatnot. :lol: (Unless they weren't family Sims, of course... poor kid).

OK this game just keeps getting weirder and weirder......
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've missed so much. I tried catching up but ya'll are just too confession-happy :wink:

I haven't noticed any ant problems where I'm at, but we did see this creature on our office doors this morning.
    8kpif1x3xofg.jpg

I confess I took an alternate route into the office to avoid it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Rabbit914 wrote: »
    Also my MFP was not working yesterday. I was able to read everyone's posts but couldn't quote or even reply at all. Got back on this morning and I was 15 pages behind. I'm still behind but getting there.

Confession: I miss living in Japan. The culture there is so wonderful. And the people are so much more thoughtful and lovely compared to Americans. I am an American, but other Americans disappoint me a great deal. I don't mean to offend anyone. We could learn so much from other cultures. Where we lived there was ZERO crime. You could sleep with your windows and doors wide open, leave your car unlocked. The mailman would actually come into your house and set your mail inside your house. I could go on and on, but that's just one small example.

Could not agree more.

Me too. I remember watching some docs about prisons over seas and the violence and crap from inmates was nearly non existent because they are actually treated properly. Some of the prisons had swimming pools and all kinds of crap to keep the inmates healthy. Some allow them to house with family members and friends etc. And most had menus and food of that of a five star hotel. I was amazed and thought it was brilliant.

Just wondering? Was it for all inmates or the ones who did petty crimes?

I know you like the ID channel & for all of those who watch it too they're having a special about Ted Bundy on Sunday. I will probably watch it since I have never watched anything based on him before.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/31107096/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/t/where-theres-smoke/#.VXrLAEZySig

This is one of the cases that stuck with me for a long time. It almost seemed like something out of a movie. I couldn't believe the wife wasn't arrested too.

I do believe it was all inmates.....one thing I forgot that is a big one too is that guards are expected to treat the inmates with the utmost respect....and amazingly (sarcastic), the inmates treated the guards the same way.

Treat people like animals, and they will behave as such.....

I was a corrections officer at an all male prison in Virginia for a year and a half before I moved back here to Ohio. I will say I always treated the offenders like the human beings they are and was treated a lot differently then some of the other staff who treated these men like they were dogs. I understand the majority of the men who were incarcerated and I was around all the time committed some incredibly heinous and horrible crimes but I always kept in mind that they've already been judged and now they're serving their sentence it's not my job to judge them. On the flip side I always kept in the back of my mind the horrible crimes they did commit so I didn't get too close to any of them. You'd be surprised how much manipulation can be worked and how smart a lot of those criminals really are!

And that is exactly the mindset it takes to be a good officer. My youngest son is one as well. The stories he has to tell! It's crazy, but there are a lot of intelligent, talented people locked up simply due to mental issues (untreated, unaddressed) and to never having any kind of role model in their lives. It is a tough job.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    There is one girl I went to high school with who has seemed to not grow up since then, her facebook is full of drama with her wedding and bridal party. It's like Jersey Shore, a train wreck I can't help but watch lol

It's true..I'm kind of the same way. As much as I complain about the annoying things like the whole vague-booking thing, I don't delete or block the person..always waiting to see what they'll post next.

Hahaha and that right there is exactly why they do it! :)

Yup, I'm a sucker. :(