Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I just went in to work to help clean the place for four hours... which involved me scrubbing and scraping down all of their heavily greased up cooking equipment. It was not fun, though my right arm certainly got a huge workout. To compensate I was going to go downtown and get some bubbletea after I was done. I told my boyfriend I'm making bubbletea my reward for life.

I DIDN'T GET IT THOUGH, and now I think it's too late :( There's always tomorrow ;)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have been busy this week with work and after work activities that I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Today I had my gall bladder out (currently in the recovery room) and figured now was as good as time as any to get caught up as i am reading posts from monday morning.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I have been busy this week with work and after work activities that I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Today I had my gall bladder out (currently in the recovery room) and figured now was as good as time as any to get caught up as i am reading posts from monday morning.

Yikes - hope you recover quick. BTW, avoid cheerios for a while.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Hope you have a healthy and speedy recovery!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Hope all is ok. And that someone sneaks you some decent food!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Hope you have a healthy and speedy recovery!

Agreed. :)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    dimeda78 wrote: »
    Yesterday was Mother's Day and I ate however much of whatever I wanted to eat. My lovely children made chicken alfredo baked ziti with steamed broccoli and Brazilian cheese puffs. I had two helpings and two slices of hummingbird cake (not in one sitting). All of that, I did not work out, and I did not feel the least bit of remorse.

I Love Hummingbird cake. I have 2 of their cook books. I make a damn good Grasshopper Pie!

I have never heard of Hummingbird Cake and never tried Grasshopper pie. I have to make a note to google and try these.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I hope you heal quickly.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

in for brownies. And ice cream?

We could make brownie sundaes.... (They need a drooling emoji)
    That settles it I'm getting Dairy Queen tonight! Thanks everyone!
    I had myself a cotton candy Blizzard today. :yum:

With any luck I'll be having one of those within the next couple of days... heading to the US tomorrow.

Hurray for America! Haha

Hurray for a greater variety of "junk food" ;) Actually, I'm supposed to be saving money because the house needs reshingling, so it's a good thing I'm looking forward to low-price spending.
    all this talk about DQ, I'm taking a trip to the mall to buy a new board game and DQ is right around the corner from the store I'll be at. I wouldn't DQ to think I didn't like them anymore now would i?

I may compensate for your absence over the next few days...

Where are you traveling from?

Northern Ontario. Heading to the Minneapolis area.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've recently developed a rather disordered way of viewing food. I've reached my goal weight (and am now underweight) and now I'm terrified of eating too much even though I knows I need to do so to fuel all my running.

Friends and family are very concerned and scared. I'm trying to eat more this week but today thoughts of going on a cut are popping into my head. :confused:

Not judging, because I think that happens to a lot of people - however, that is scary, and I think a mental health professional could really help you with this. It seems anxiety driven, like you are afraid to get big again. Getting some help could really turn this around for you. <3

I actually am terrified to get big again. I can barely enjoy food. The logical part of my brain that is telling me that I need to fuel my runs (I have a half marathon this weekend), but the hysterical part of my brain is outshouting it. :anguished:

It sucks and it's exhausting. I'm so tired of worrying about food and that's all I do. :frowning:

pofoster21 wrote: »
    Confession: I've recently developed a rather disordered way of viewing food. I've reached my goal weight (and am now underweight) and now I'm terrified of eating too much even though I knows I need to do so to fuel all my running.

Friends and family are very concerned and scared. I'm trying to eat more this week but today thoughts of going on a cut are popping into my head. :confused:

My God you do look amazing...In your before/after. Just figure out what maintenance is and watch it every day. If you see some gains then you restrict for a day or two and get back. Maintenance is the key, not continuous loss. You sure don't look like you want to lose any more weight.

Thank you, and logically I don't. I'm trying to eat at maintenance, but I can't get over the habit of leaving a safe deficit at the end of every day. :disappointed:

I thought I'd be excited to finally be able to eat more than 1200 calories (which I learned after the fact that I probably could have done with losing .5lbs a week, but I found the forums too late) but I'm just afraid.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Uuugh. Cheesecake? Dang it! Of all weaknesses..... I dare not post photos of this awesome red velvet cream cheese crinkle cookies recipe. I've been trying to resist making it again. (last time was not long after christmas)

If it's any consolation, that's keto cheesecake, which means it's only 400 calories for 1/4 of a cake (granted 325 of them are fat)

Unlike mine, full of it all, that's pretty nice... I'll work it in. Riding 18'ish miles to work and back means I am usually way under anyways. Point me in the right direction?
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)
  • Lefty1290
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I had Chipotle today for first time ever, and... eh. Was fine, nothing to write home about.

I am not a fan of the cilantro. The chicken and steak seasoning is great though. With that said, I haven't visited them myself in close to a decade. lol (my employer has catered from them a few times)

I don't like cilantro either which is why I get plain rice for my order.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Not judging, because I think that happens to a lot of people - however, that is scary, and I think a mental health professional could really help you with this. It seems anxiety driven, like you are afraid to get big again. Getting some help could really turn this around for you. <3

I actually am terrified to get big again. I can barely enjoy food. The logical part of my brain that is telling me that I need to fuel my runs (I have a half marathon this weekend), but the hysterical part of my brain is outshouting it. :anguished:

It sucks and it's exhausting. I'm so tired of worrying about food and that's all I do. :frowning:

pofoster21 wrote: »

My God you do look amazing...In your before/after. Just figure out what maintenance is and watch it every day. If you see some gains then you restrict for a day or two and get back. Maintenance is the key, not continuous loss. You sure don't look like you want to lose any more weight.

Thank you, and logically I don't. I'm trying to eat at maintenance, but I can't get over the habit of leaving a safe deficit at the end of every day. :disappointed:

I thought I'd be excited to finally be able to eat more than 1200 calories (which I learned after the fact that I probably could have done with losing .5lbs a week, but I found the forums too late) but I'm just afraid.

My two cents are for you to get in and talk to someone who can help you get past the hysterical part of your brain. Choose someone with the right kind of training/background and who you like. I've talked to counselors a few times in my life when I needed "tuning up" so to speak. I've actually not hired or gone back to a few because I thought they were looney so do choose carefully....but the right person can really help you understand yourself and why you feel this way and help you to find the right tools so that with practice you won't feel this way.

Also (still my two cents and I am never insulted if my advice is not taken because who am I to advise?) But consider you have done a phenominal job of losing weight. You own that skill! Now take that skill and dedication and knowledge and use it the other way. Try to gain 2 to 5 pounds in the next year - 12 months. Break it down into the calories that you need to do so. Try for about 1/4 lb a month. If you gain a little more you certainly have the skills to get back on track. You can trust in your skill and knowledge and all these very friendly people on this thread to stand with you and encourage you. My suggestion is to set your goal to gain 0.5 lbs per month and leave a small deficit. This will either keep you at the weight you are or give a very slight and possibly healthy weight gain. I'm rooting for you and good luck on that 1/2 marathon!!
  • Lefty1290
    Options
    I am genuinely pissed off at how small a serving of this is:

k2-_da4ba1c4-79b5-4f5d-be9d-b9c29b62fe8b.v1.jpg

I would eat three times as much before. I am not satisfied at all.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

[/quote]

The honey mustard and onion ones are my favorite!!!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    And yes, the serving size is tiny!
  • Lefty1290
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeah, I love the honey mustard and onion ones, too. I wanna try the jalapeño ones.
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

The honey mustard and onion ones are my favorite!!![/quote]

I got a little too excited after I found out that I can get them here in Germany and refused to look at the nutrition info. After I did I never ate them again. Honey mustard is my favorite though!
  • dearmrsowl
    dearmrsowl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This weekend I'll be attending a three day long workshop about racism and asexuality in a cute little house in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately the food there is amazing and there is always plenty to choose from. I confess that I probably won't be logging everything I'll eat in the next three days and are prepared to see a couple of more pounds on the scale when I get back. Even though I know that the weekend will be great (because I never had a bad weekend there) my anxiety is up the roof. Out of the 50 people in this workshop I only know three of them. I'm horrible when it comes to being around strangers. What's even worse is that I have no clue who I'll be sharing a room with for the next two nights.