Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Here is a picture of my lovely bruise. My leg is really swollen, it hurts constantly, and my foot keeps falling asleep. I think working out this week was not the best idea, but I'm trying to do all I can before I go on vacation and have to be seen in public in a bikini. Yellow means it's healing, right?!

yy12snvtb9io.jpg

Oh wow. That is a big bruise. I hope that you are okay. Hopefully it will be gone by the time you go on vacation (I think it will be).

I'm okay, it just hurts like a b!tch. The poor kid that hit me felt so bad.

I sure hope it does. Do you thinking doing HIIT is making it worse, or probably isn't affecting it too much. I need to workout tonight but I'm scared of making things worse.

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    A follow-up to an earlier confession: I've eaten way too many cookies today. :-/

You are evil for posting that picture because now all I want is homemade cookies! Is it lunchtime yet?

ETA: No longer hungry after reading @berlynnwall's post! Gross!

I don't know what was wrong with that guy haha.
  • Alma102724
    Alma102724 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement! I felt like I was alone in all of this, I guess a lot of people feel that way. So many pages I had to scroll through lol, I'm back in the gym and I'll take that as my therapy. It really helps to just focus on the one thing. Like say for example today I do legs, I focus on how not to fall over as soon as my quads start burning :D
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: I really don't think today is going to be a good day, calorie-wise. I'm all cravey and my will power is hiding in a corner somewhere...

I'm hungry today too. The only thing that's going to save me if I refuse to go to the store and buy junk to eat. So I have to eat what I brought to work.

In other news, my weight was 189.8 this morning and I didn't have to resort to "drastic measures" to get it there.

Awesome! Congratulations!

Ahh sorry @Glinda1971 somehow I missed this- congrats!!! :) woo hoo!

Ditto
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    TOM started yesterday, which explains why I was so emotional and sensitive this weekend. Two weeks from now I have a bridal shower, elementary (grade school) reunion and a 5k race. I will not binge eat during TOM dammit, I guess there is a lot of tea and gum in my future lol

Not sure if you prefer fruity or minty gum but I just got the Sugar Free Juicy Fruit Strawberry Starburst flavored gum yesterday...and it definitely helped me not binge last night!!!

Does the flavor last longer than 28.9 seconds? :wink:

OMG yes! This is my favourite gum now, its awesome!

You got some? Isn't it so good??? It's definitely my favorite too!!! I'm so glad you like it!!!
    (Sorry..a bit over-excited there).

Yeah its delicious!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I was having dinner with my family, and my uncle was talking about how his roommate like metal "like KISS and stuff" and I just kind of automatically whispered "KISS isn't metal" without thinking. Only my friend heard and she laughed at me. Apparently I have elitism tourette's.

Also, my taste in music is kind of cheesy and my current guilty pleasure is 80's heavy metal which I wasn't even alive for. I am currently listening to warlock and I have a stupid grin on my face. Why?? (Is this what pop does to most people?)

Hahaha! Favorite phrase of the day by far!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession: I really don't think today is going to be a good day, calorie-wise. I'm all cravey and my will power is hiding in a corner somewhere...

I'm hungry today too. The only thing that's going to save me if I refuse to go to the store and buy junk to eat. So I have to eat what I brought to work.

In other news, my weight was 189.8 this morning and I didn't have to resort to "drastic measures" to get it there.

Ditto

+1!
  • annette_15
    Options
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.

You cant say that and not tell us what your breakfast is :wink:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

Damn. Anonymity... out the window.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Plus I'll miss all of you. :/

Awesome! We'll miss you too! Where are you going? Sorry, if you said and I missed it.

I only kinda mentioned vaguely that I'd be in the US again... at the end of next week we're doing a short road trip to Minneapolis.

But my SO is back now (as of this morning) so I'll have a lot less online time.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting here all butt-hurt because he didn't come and see me when he got back into town. Normally he'd stop by my work for a 5-minute visit because we've been apart for TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS but this time he didn't... said he didn't feel like dealing with road construction, wtf? I manage to drive through the same construction zone every day, sometimes twice a day, without complaining, and there IS an easy alternate route. So having a little pity party all by myself right now... and feeling stupid about letting it get to me.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Really? I'm mildly disappointed by this information....

I'm terribly disappointed because I LOVE Snoopy and always wanted to meet him!
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options

Ditto

Same here- congratulations!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Your sims can die by all kinds of normal things, like old age, or a house fire. If, for whatever reason, you want to kill one off, you can help them along. In the one you quoted, I did it by locking them in a room with no door so they couldn't escape, couldn't eat or bathe. It's not the best way to do it, because it takes forever. After they die, the grim reaper appears, and you have a chance to beg for their life with another sim. If you don't, or if that doesn't work, you end up with a little urn of ashes, or you can place it outside and it turns into a gravestone. After that, the ghost of the dead person will wander around the house at night, which is a good thing if you have sims who want to see ghosts, or a bad thing, if you have a sim who has an anxiety disorder.
    W. T. H. ?!!!

OMG

Holy crap!

I already found the concept of Sim-dom to be interesting, when I first heard of such, many years ago -- however, this is another freakin' ballgame, I do declare... the aforementioned 'choreographed nightmare' (lol :) ), which offers disturbingly informative clarifying detail (if ever there were a time when being horrified, while simultaneously thanking someone (for the explanation therein), were ever to be relevant, then this would be it! lol :smiley: ), could perhaps be seen as being (and among the so many Sim-specific 'alternate universe' -type incarnations one could concoct) a kind of Sim AfterLife Soap Opera Channel (or so it would seem (and with Lifestyles of the Paranormal thrown in, to boot!)) -- whereby one can be writer, producer, director, and all-out 'puppetmaster'... and of the whole shebang!

...Sims with anxiety disorders?! ...Sims who are 'into' ghosts?! ...locking the poor things in a room, and with no means of escape?!

What have they not thought of?!! (and by they, I'm referring to the Sim creators (as in, the Sim creator-creators (but not creators of actual creators -- but creators of that which the secondary 'creators' will virtually create (how much more convoluted could I make this?! ;) )), and not the player-based Sim creators (as in, orchestrators of virtual horrors :open_mouth: ) )...

Oh, my... the Nightmare on Elm Street -esque 'rules of engagement' found in the realm of Sim-specific 'realities' could plausibly 'facilitate' the development of a sleep disorder, or some such form of 'reverb' -like negative consequence (or so it would seem), when it comes to being the master of said domain (who would have dreamed that a Seinfeldian reference might happen to 'fall out of nowhere', in a brief bit of commentary about virtual worlds (that's it! that's what *I'll* do! -- I'll recreate Seinfeld episodes in a Sim world! (which now has me wondering -- is there any way to have a Sim character 'enter a room' ala Kramer-from-Seinfeld's bursting-through-a-door-only-to-suddenly-arrest-momentum-and-immediately-engage-in-seemingly-casual-movement-and-interaction-and-as-though-nothing-unusual-had-just-happened -- ? ;) )))...

Paranormal investigator is one of the available professions (this is all for Sims 3, there's a Sims 4 now and not everything is the same). Your job is to run around and night and catch ghosts in other people's houses.
    ...is there a Sims police force at play (no pun intended) -- ? -- is there a chance that anyone trying to catch a ghost in someone else's house could be charged with B&E (?)... (I have no idea to what 'limit' the game gets taken, in the context of any of so many potential (and virtualized) 'realities'...)

The kidnapping challenge is pretty out there - your goal is to lock up your neighbors in your basement with a door only you are allowed to use (instead of killing them off, you give them a kitchen and bathroom).
    Whoa... (who thinks of this stuff?!)

The 100 baby challenge is a lot of social engineering, too.
    Holy crap... I can only imagine...

...it'd also be an unexpected form of 'training' for a '100 Babies and Counting' -type reality show (or so it would seem)... (are there any 'reality shows' in the land of Sims? (and do any Sims have their own Sims (?), such that a 'game within a game' is possible?))...
  • annette_15
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I confess I might get a little too excited about my breakfast every morning...and it's the same thing every day. It is just so good that I can't bring myself to have anything else.
    I also confess that I don't mind listening to my son's DJ Shuffle Volume One cd when driving in the car. I actually really enjoy it and sing along to all the songs. I get sad when he wants to switch to a different cd.

What do you eat for breakfast??

454g (2 cups) of Fage 0% plain greek yogurt, 140g frozen strawberries(defrosted for about 30 seconds..so still slightly frozen, but soft), 10g(2 tbsp.) of Hersheys Special Dark Unsweetened Cocoa, and a generous amount of sweetener(I use Stevia) to taste. Mix it all up...A LOT of food, very filling, and only 330 calories.
    Sometimes if I'm out of strawberries, I'll use chopped raw apple(about 100g), OR 122g(1/2 cup) of canned pumpkin, and cinnamon in place of the cocoa. Also delicious for the same amount of calories.

Ahh, yeah that does sound really good!
  • ythannah
    Options
    Here is a picture of my lovely bruise. My leg is really swollen, it hurts constantly, and my foot keeps falling asleep. I think working out this week was not the best idea, but I'm trying to do all I can before I go on vacation and have to be seen in public in a bikini. Yellow means it's healing, right?!

yy12snvtb9io.jpg

Ohh that looks nasty! Ouch.

Yes, yellow means it's healing. So should be fading fast now.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

I, too, have had first hand experience with being treated differently because of size. I am not sure I really noticed it as much when I was obese, but now that I am not, I really see the difference.
  • ythannah
    Options

Ditto

Congrats from me too! (I had to quote to see the original post... this thread moves too fast for me sometimes)
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The auditor is going to be here in 15 minutes! Why didn't anyone tell me! I need chocolate. NOW!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Now I really want to play The Sims again. Too bad my laptop is old and overheats at the slightest thing. Sometimes it even shuts off while I'm watching YouTube videos :( I really want to invest in a good PC.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I'm actually wanting to hurry up and get my workout and shower in for the day because it's going to rain from 3 PM onwards and I need to binge-watch the new season of Orange is the New Black. #priorities
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

The difference between my highest weight and lowest (which at the time, I'd lost 160 lbs) was insane. People held doors for me, looked me in the eye, listened to my opinion, etc. I was invisible when I was fat. It sucked and I actually went through a stage where I was mad at everyone for not giving me the time of day when I was fat and being all over me skinny. And I noticed as the weight came back on and I was eventually 40 lbs heavier than my lowest, people were starting to be ruder, not hold doors, notice me less, etc.

yep. i've noticed over the past year i've started to become invisible again....

I wanted to respond but have to think about my thoughts on this. (I may ramble.)

1 When I was heavier I wanted and tried to be invisible. I'm sure I personally behaved differently than when I was not heavier. I was 152% of what I am now and more than a dozen sizes bigger if that gives some perspective to what size I was or if it even matters. I am only speaking of my experience here.

2 I am short - not even five feet tall and I am hmm, what is a descriptive word, non-threatening looking. (They have no idea how strong and powerful I am inside!) The size is another place where people (some) purposely ignore and don't see you. I am cut in front of in line a lot. Sometimes (as in recently) I was not in a hurry and just wanted to observe the person doing the cutting. The first person cut and I watched her closely. She was uncomfortable and I was amused secretly. When the second person tried to cut I spoke up. I was VERY clearly in line and she stood behind me for a solid five minutes. When I firmly said, I was here first, her reply was "oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you. (BS, she was 2 feet behind me in line.) The kind of funny part is that this was in the PETITE section of the store so no-one was all that tall, but most are more than 4'11".

So I wonder if it is just rudeness in general and when a person perceives whatever about a person and makes assumptions then they rationalize their rude behavior?

Again, I'm small, pleasant in dealing with (most) people. I am also very calm in an emergency. After my son's second open heart surgery (WARNING FOR THE Squeamish - skip this paragraph) they removed one of the main-line IV's that he's had. It was on his arm very high up near his armpit. It didn't clot as much as the nurse thought and pretty quickly after it started to bleed a lot. I grabbed his arm and applied pressure (he was 3 years old). The circumstances were such that I could not move (he was attached to lines) to push the call button. I was in a room near the nurses station. I called out "I need some help in here, he's bleeding" (nothing, chatting continued.) I tried this several times. I was not panicked but no one was coming to help, they continued their conversation. I was not worried but it was time to get some assistance as I was in an awkward position and my hand stopping the bleeding was a temporary measure so I put on the freaked out mom voice "My son is gushing blood" and INSTANTLY three nurses stopped their chatting and rushed in to help. It bothered me that I was ignored until I acted upset. The volume of my voice had been the same each time, it was the tone of voice that changed.

So I'm short and non-threatening/pleasant looking. I go by my first name almost all the time but when I want to cut through and get things moving quickly or if I'm dealing with customer service (or when I'm dealing with a new customer for the first time) I pull out the doctor title. It is amazing how people's attitutes change. I'm the same freaking person but put a title in front of me and I get way more respect and better customer service.

I dress up (sort of) most of the time. I love little comfortable dresses and sandals all summer long. They are more comfortable than shorts but have the bonus of people assuming I'm dressed up. People respond to me differently when I'm in a dress than when I'm in shorts and a t-shirt. (Hair and makeup being the same). I like the comfort of the dresses but I also like the niceties that dressing well brings out in people. (I'm on a budget so I don't spend much to dress the way I do.) The difference between dresses and shorts is amazing! These are just simple little summery dresses that are as comfortable as pajamas and cooler than shorts but doors get opened, people smile and talk, etc.

I guess some or maybe a lot or maybe all of us make assumptions about people and treat people accordingly whether it be weight or height or gender or the manner of dress, etc.. I try to treat everyone with common decency but I'm sure there have been times when I've failed (PMS or whatever).

I don't have a clear cut point or a solution. Reading over this I can summerize that when I was heavy I tried to disappear and didn't want interactions so I can't remember if I felt people treated me differently. I know I acted as if I was in retreat from people more. I know that some people use whatever assumptions about other people (short and probably non-confrontational in my case) to try to get away with rude behavior. I know that at the same weight I get treated very differently depending upon if I'm wearing casual wear, casual dresses or business suits. I also know that whatever I'm wearing if I'm smiling and outgoing I get a different reaction from people than if I'm quiet and not smiling.

I'm sorry you are not being treated the way you should be treated. I wish I understood human nature more.

People are just rude in general.

I see it all the time at the service desk. I always explain to a customer that it would be in their best interest to just do the return first & not run back in the store to do an exchange or shopping/exchange cause if there is a line then they cannot just cut right back in front. A lot of them seem to understand, but there are still a few who go back & then come up to see the line has 10+ people in line & they think they can mosey on up & be waited on first. I also hate when you're waiting on someone & the next person has to literally be breathing down their neck since they're so close to them. I always want to say can you give the person some space? You being that close will not make the line go faster. I also hate when you're helping someone with a return, counting money for a paycheck, or explaining something important to a customer & you have someone come up & start asking questions or think they should be waited on that minute. I can't count how many times I have gotten ready to count a large amount of change & someone has to tell me they're leaving their stuff they already bought on the counter to use the restroom.

I also can't stand the people who roll their eyes when the line is long. I always try to be nice & tell them that I am going as fast as I can & that I can't get help since they're busy on the regular registers.

As a shopper I thought there was going to be a fight one day in a thrift store of all places. There was a man & a woman getting ready to ring out & they were arguing about cutting in line. Out of nowhere the man screamed to the lady that she better not have a taser. I was like are you serious?

I can only imagine the things you see every day! As far as the bold, I've tried to solve this in two ways:
    1. I'll go to the store right after the gym when I'm all sweaty and smelly hoping people will keep their distance.
    2. If someone is standing behind me uncomfortably close I will turn around and say, "I need more room than this. Please scoot back." People have always don't it probably because they were caught off guard by me saying that. Don't care. Back off and do not breathe on me!