Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My student loan payment just bumped up almost $200. Crap! I wasn't ready for that... :s

Per MONTH?! Ouch. Do you still have a large balance? Any option of a loan-forgiveness program?

Oh yeah, the balance is pretty impressive and we make too much for any type of loan forgiveness. Gonna have to suck it up and pay it off. :s

Be 100% sure that there aren't full or partial forgiveness programs you qualify for. Not all of them are income-based. Some offer loan forgiveness based on the kind of work you do (public health is one example), and include stipulations like paying on time for up to ten years, but when you're looking at a big student loan burden, it's still more than worth it to file for the forgiveness program.

Yeah, I actually work in a field that will forgive after 10 years...but in 10 years, the loan will be paid off.

I do as well and I'll be staying until I get whatever forgiveness is left after 10 yrs lol
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Guys, I think I'm in trouble. I just made these:
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg
    ...And I think they're going to be lunch.

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Editing to add.. Maybe excuse the messy table in the background. Please? Thank you. ;)

can you PLEASE share your cookie recipe? every time i try to make them, they end up paper thin with the chips just sticking up. it's depressing...

The secret behind fat cookies is the creaming part. Most people (including me, until I learned better) cream the heck out of the butter and sugars with a stand mixer or whisk, incorporating so much air that the cookies end up collapsing on themselves. I no longer use a whisk--I basically smash the butter and sugars together using a spoon, and ALWAYS err on the side of less beating when you can. You'll get awesome cookies every time. Here's my recipe, though:

155g all purpose flour
    2.5g (0.5 tsp) baking soda
    Sprinkle of salt (around 2g)
    100g butter, softened to room temperature (I always use slightly salted, even in recipes that contain salt. I love the flavor depth that the salt brings out.)
    82g brown sugar (I use the dark one, again for extra flavor)
    5mL (1 tsp) vanilla flavoring
    25g granulated white sugar
    1 large egg (~55g)
    150g semi sweet or milk chocolate chips (I tend to use a mix of both)

1) Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
    2) Smash the butter into the sugars with a metal spoon. Mix only until combined.
    3) Add the vanilla and the egg. If needed, use a whisk to mix in the egg, but mix as little as needed to combine--be very careful at this point to not overmix and incorporate much air into the dough.
    4) Dump in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips, all at once. Stir slowly with a spoon until everything comes together. The dough will be dense and thick.
    5) Drop in round balls (around 32g each) onto a cookie sheet covered in baking paper/parchment paper. Chill the cookie sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, then place in a 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 11-12 minutes.

This recipe makes 16 generously sized cookies at 160ish calories each. :)

Gosh, I actually just typed all that out on my phone. How exhausting. If MFP eats this post, I'm going to just die!

sorry, i'm 30 pages behind, but thank you!! :)

I have to admit, I don't like fluffy cookies (unless they're Lofthouse), sorry @Susieq_1994 . I prefer my cookies to be somewhat flat and crispy on the edges, but still gooey in the middle and my husband makes them JUST RIGHT!!! They look almost identical to this one. And now, I'm craving his homemade chocolate chip cookies. :(

o0lbdg1adc4r.jpg

Or Whole Foods where I can not only get cookies, but look for Halo Top ice cream too. :neutral:

IMO the trick is to take them out early while they still look like they need to cook a bit more. I think I am going by Kroger today for my virgin halo top experience later tonight. I hope the lemon is good cuz I have high hopes.

I agree with your trick 1000% and give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I have to admit, I don't like fluffy cookies (unless they're Lofthouse), sorry @Susieq_1994 . I prefer my cookies to be somewhat flat and crispy on the edges, but still gooey in the middle and my husband makes them JUST RIGHT!!! They look almost identical to this one. And now, I'm craving his homemade chocolate chip cookies. :(

Or Whole Foods where I can not only get cookies, but look for Halo Top ice cream too. :neutral:

Wow. Lofthouse. I had almost forgotten those things. I don't believe in 'banned' foods, but you know...I may have to make an exception for those damned Lofthouse sugar cookies with the icing and sprinkles. I am typically not a binge-style eater, but I could polish off three of those things (and they're big) and still want another one. I don't think there is any other cookie that hits me that way - not even fantastic home-made cookies.

I like cake-y cookies so those big soft sugar cookies are my favourite. I've never found a store-bought one I really liked though.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?

I've been told that I can log into ESPN onlnie under someone else's (i.e. my family) Charter or AT&T account and stream all the games.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    We're going on year 3 without satellite. Netflix works well if you aren't dead set on needing to see the latest seasons of network shows. We're also too far out to get broadband so we're limited in what is feasible running through our phones. Luckily we're grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited data or we'd be in trouble since we average about 100GB per month.

But what about sports? My problem with getting rid of cable is losing live college football, NFL, NASCAR, NBA, etc. Is there a way to watch live games other than cable?

*whispers* Online streaming. I do believe it's illegal, though. Most of the sites that have it tend to get the links shut down every so often, then they post new ones, and so on.

I don't actually use it, I just know someone who does. o:) I'm not much of a sports fan.

Thank you. That's what I was thinking as well. I don't think I could do this because if I'm in the middle of a game and lose reception I will be irate!

That's why we spend $$$ on cable - the men of my house are completely unable to accept the possibility of lag/buffer/freezing/etc., were we to watch sports online rather than via the three hundred sports channels they pay for (and I feel like that's only a small exaggeration, haha.)

Still, whatever. It keeps them happy, and if all it takes is a $120/month cable and internet package for them to be able to watch every single hockey game ever, then fine. It gives me an endless stream of cooking shows and baby animal documentaries, too, lol.

Yeah, same here. I gripe about it, but I won't give up my sports unless I have to. It's just such a waste otherwise for me because I hardly watch any TV other than sports. I do use the digital music stations almost daily, though.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession - I've been obsessed with strawberries today. I had strawberry cream oatmeal, two kinds of strawberry granola/fiber bars, and I just had strawberries dripped in Yoplait Greek whips (I highly recommend it. It's absolutely delicious).

I'm still craving a strawberry shortcake or strawberry tart though.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    My student loan payment just bumped up almost $200. Crap! I wasn't ready for that... :s

Per MONTH?! Ouch. Do you still have a large balance? Any option of a loan-forgiveness program?

Oh yeah, the balance is pretty impressive and we make too much for any type of loan forgiveness. Gonna have to suck it up and pay it off. :s

Be 100% sure that there aren't full or partial forgiveness programs you qualify for. Not all of them are income-based. Some offer loan forgiveness based on the kind of work you do (public health is one example), and include stipulations like paying on time for up to ten years, but when you're looking at a big student loan burden, it's still more than worth it to file for the forgiveness program.

Yeah, I actually work in a field that will forgive after 10 years...but in 10 years, the loan will be paid off.

That's what I was thinking - that your field would offer loan forgiveness, but I didn't realize it took that long. No chance of re-fi and putting some of it off for as long as possible? I'm sure you've already researched all the alternatives.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

*whispers* Online streaming. I do believe it's illegal, though. Most of the sites that have it tend to get the links shut down every so often, then they post new ones, and so on.

I don't actually use it, I just know someone who does. o:) I'm not much of a sports fan.

Thank you. That's what I was thinking as well. I don't think I could do this because if I'm in the middle of a game and lose reception I will be irate!

That's why we spend $$$ on cable - the men of my house are completely unable to accept the possibility of lag/buffer/freezing/etc., were we to watch sports online rather than via the three hundred sports channels they pay for (and I feel like that's only a small exaggeration, haha.)

Still, whatever. It keeps them happy, and if all it takes is a $120/month cable and internet package for them to be able to watch every single hockey game ever, then fine. It gives me an endless stream of cooking shows and baby animal documentaries, too, lol.

Yeah, same here. I gripe about it, but I won't give up my sports unless I have to. It's just such a waste otherwise for me because I hardly watch any TV other than sports. I do use the digital music stations almost daily, though.

Yep, that's us as well - we use the digital music stations and LOTS of sports. We thought about just hitting up sports bars to watch sports, but that's a lot of time at sports bars (we both watch NCAA football and basketball and NFL, and then MLS for me and baseball for my husband), and since you should buy things at the bar I think the price would even out.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I agree :) It'd be so neat to meet all y'all in person!

I fear you would be disappointed.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg

Also, for anyone who wants to see my giant <400 calorie cauliflower rice, here's a picture of one serving next to a jumbo-sized sandwich, for comparison purposes:
    8ws55a2iirls.jpg

Editing to add.. Maybe excuse the messy table in the background. Please? Thank you. ;)

can you PLEASE share your cookie recipe? every time i try to make them, they end up paper thin with the chips just sticking up. it's depressing...

The secret behind fat cookies is the creaming part. Most people (including me, until I learned better) cream the heck out of the butter and sugars with a stand mixer or whisk, incorporating so much air that the cookies end up collapsing on themselves. I no longer use a whisk--I basically smash the butter and sugars together using a spoon, and ALWAYS err on the side of less beating when you can. You'll get awesome cookies every time. Here's my recipe, though:

155g all purpose flour
    100g butter, softened to room temperature (I always use slightly salted, even in recipes that contain salt. I love the flavor depth that the salt brings out.)
    1 large egg (~55g)

2) Smash the butter into the sugars with a metal spoon. Mix only until combined.
    3) Add the vanilla and the egg. If needed, use a whisk to mix in the egg, but mix as little as needed to combine--be very careful at this point to not overmix and incorporate much air into the dough.
    4) Dump in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips, all at once. Stir slowly with a spoon until everything comes together. The dough will be dense and thick.
    5) Drop in round balls (around 32g each) onto a cookie sheet covered in baking paper/parchment paper. Chill the cookie sheet in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, then place in a 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 11-12 minutes.

Gosh, I actually just typed all that out on my phone. How exhausting. If MFP eats this post, I'm going to just die!

o0lbdg1adc4r.jpg

IMO the trick is to take them out early while they still look like they need to cook a bit more. I think I am going by Kroger today for my virgin halo top experience later tonight. I hope the lemon is good cuz I have high hopes.

I agree with your trick 1000% and give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Make that three!

• BZAH10
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I've been told that I can log into ESPN onlnie under someone else's (i.e. my family) Charter or AT&T account and stream all the games.

I'll have to look into it. My main problem is the TV in my room is not internet compatible. I suppose that's an easy fix, though. Thank you for the suggestion!
  • BZAH10
    Options

Yep, that's us as well - we use the digital music stations and LOTS of sports. We thought about just hitting up sports bars to watch sports, but that's a lot of time at sports bars (we both watch NCAA football and basketball and NFL, and then MLS for me and baseball for my husband), and since you should buy things at the bar I think the price would even out.

Oh, definitely watching the games at the bar would be way too pricey for me! We do that occasionally, but not often particularly because my husband is not the sports-junkie I am. He'd rather binge watch all the TV shows that have been discussed on this thread.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    e67j0kb2qyoi.jpg

8ws55a2iirls.jpg

155g all purpose flour
    1 large egg (~55g)

o0lbdg1adc4r.jpg

The lemon one is the one I'm trying next, I had the chocolate and I loved it!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

That just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you've invested so much time in someone that doesn't seem to feel the same way. That really sucks. I wish you all the best because you deserve to be happy regardless if that's with or without someone else. Hugs to you, friend.

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I agree :) It'd be so neat to meet all y'all in person!

I fear you would be disappointed.

No way! We'd all tear it up at the gym! Then we'd all go out for lunch and some grown up beverages (non-alcohol for myself) and have a grand time!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Thank you.

You're in my thoughts, I'm so sorry FroggyBug, I'm really pulling for y'all that things will get better. (Hugs to you)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I've been obsessed with strawberries today. I had strawberry cream oatmeal, two kinds of strawberry granola/fiber bars, and I just had strawberries dripped in Yoplait Greek whips (I highly recommend it. It's absolutely delicious).

I'm still craving a strawberry shortcake or strawberry tart though.

The problem with whips is there's not enough whip! They do taste very good for that 4.3 seconds it takes me to eat it though.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Thank you.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Big hugs!!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Thank you.

I think in the long run you might be better for it, it does sound like he is a bit reluctant to commit.

Doesn't make it any easier now though, I'm really sorry for you xx