Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• amyford25
    amyford25 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    amyford25 wrote: »
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Good for you. Well done! How did you feel after?

I felt great finally getting in there and doing it! Yeah, pretty dang sore today though lol.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    In case anyone wanted an update, I did muster up some courage and did my first round of stronglifts! Two girls were lifting today and I ran to them and they were so helpful. Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

Good for you. Well done! How did you feel after?

I felt great finally getting in there and doing it! Yeah, pretty dang sore today though lol.

Great, keep it up and you'll feel all kinds of awesome :)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I'm compiling a list of what to bring to my two-week Dominican Republic trip. I'm thinking a few dresses, shorts, tank tops (or t-shirts), bug spray, sunscreen, aloe vera, pepto bismol, band-aids, flip flops, hats, hand sanitizer, and dressier sandals for resort restaurants.

Does anyone have any tips or recommend something I might have missed? I have zero experience with resorts.

EDIT: Oh, and probably at least three bathing suits.

Most resorts are pretty casual, I usually do sundresses for dinner and short most of the other time. I think you are totally on the right track. (sorry, I am 20 pages behind, you probably already got this advice)
  • bkhamill
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Huh. I was thinking something completely different, but couldn't figure out how it related to food or weight loss.

Yeah, that was the only thing I could think of too.....also, way earlier in the thread, someone was talking about cbt, also means something different to me, :open_mouth:

cognitive behavioral therapy...? What else does it mean? o:

Er, I thought someone that thought of the Doms thing might have known :p

You are too funny! (I know but I'm not saying it here)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:

I change into PJs as soon as I get home too, and I do not get embarrassed at all....why am I gonna sit around in clothes at home??

I like the way you think. In fact, we should be able to wear PJs in public. Maximum comfort for everyone, always.
    spamarie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've abandoned trying to keep up - it's bothering me to do so, but this was becoming my only work break, and I like variety in my work-break life :) Hope all is well with everyone (and hope things gt better soon for those of you who had bad weekends).

@Tubbs216 and @FluffySandwich - so this whole visa/work-permit processing thing is completely foreign (but curious) to me. So if something takes over 4 years to process, are you still allowed to work where you currently live, as long as you are in process? And you have to pay to apply to live in another country, not like a $20 processing fee or something? Obviously, ignore me or tell me it's none of my business, but I knew we aren't allowed to just say " hey I want to live in this country now" but I didn't think it was that difficult/costly/time-consuming.

I looked into moving to Canada a few years back (from the UK) via a work visa based on the list of highky demanded jobs. You didn't need a job offer, you just needed to be qualified and experienced in one of the jobs on that list. The processing fees went into the $1000s. Plus before you even get there you need to pay for medicals, English language tests (even if you're English), police checks etc., so it is not cheap. Sadly for us, they changed the list of highly demanded jobs right at the last moment. So we'd paid for all the tests etc., then couldn't apply anyway as that visa path was now closed. The super crap part is you have to be ready to jump when the list of highly demanded jobs is published, because each type of job is capped at a particular number, and if you waited the months it takes to get all the testing done, the cap would be filled. I was pretty bitter about it! I didn't pay any processing fees, but the testing was expensive in itself. Oh well, Canada's loss. Still, I think we could have made it!
    Boo! We'll stage a protest for you!
    Out of interest, where would you have settled?
    fjnlsjopxyor.jpg

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    april10472 wrote: »
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

Is this fantasizing where you're imagining the steak and potatoes you'll have later or are you looking at the other person and thinking, "Your lips would be wonderful in a soup"? ;)
    ... with some fava beans and a nice Chianti?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    My student loan payment just bumped up almost $200. Crap! I wasn't ready for that... :s

Per MONTH?! Ouch. Do you still have a large balance? Any option of a loan-forgiveness program?

Oh yeah, the balance is pretty impressive and we make too much for any type of loan forgiveness. Gonna have to suck it up and pay it off. :s
  • kk5647a
    kk5647a Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Annoyed at lack of weight loss, I once through my scale down the trash chute. It worked totally fine, but I was seriously sick of it calling me fat.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

Yes! There are some weird ones lately, but that one creeped me out.

lol these are the things I miss when skipping ahead instead of playing catch up. I just can't justify the downtime at work right now. Toooo darn busy!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    I don't much like the British system of student loans, but it makes me thankful it's not as bad as the American one! Our loans are linked to our income, so if you earn below a certain amount, you don't pay anything back. One less thing to worry about if you suddenly become unemployed. It only goes up as your income goes up, so is generally pretty affordable. Finally it is wiped when you retire (at 68) so you'll never lose your home over your student loans. Also, our fees are capped. It's still pretty expensive to go to university, but currently you won't pay more than 9000 pounds a year in fees, even at Oxford or Cambridge. It's still a bitter pill to swallow though, as the fee increases are quite recent. I went to university 10 years ago, and I only paid 1150 pounds in fees a year. Sucks to be ten years younger than me!
    Oh God, you'll hate me. I'm old enough that I went to university completely free - all tuition paid by the government, and also got a full grant (a living allowance), plus things like cheap rail passes and we could sign on (get unemployment payments) during the holidays.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    So, I 'confessed' yesterday that my son starts his job today. Today's confession is that I got all of the "mom feelz" this morning dropping him off. Seriously, I almost teared up. And then I felt stupid. They were proud tears, dangit!

Cute and funny both. lol

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I can't handle glasses 24/7. I primarily wear contacts and then pop them out the minute I get home from work! B) I've been wearing contacts for 19 years so I can take them out put them in no problem.

This is me. I have worn contacts since I was like 14 or 16. They are the first thing that comes out when I get home. They don't bother me during the day, but the second I get home they MUST come out!

Haha I'm exactly that way too! During the day I don't even think about them but once home I'm not completely comfortable until I've taken my rinse off shower, put on my sweats, and taken out my contacts!
    Nobody's mentioned the need to remove their bra the minute they walk through the door, so I guess that's just me then..?

I used to... now I don't care that much anymore. I still frequently change into PJs at 5pm or something though... which has been embarrassing a couple times when people showed up unexpectedly.
    Yep. I pretty much always change into pajamas when I get home, and don't remove them at all if I'm staying in... so whenever a neighbor stops by or a postman shows up at my door to deliver something I didn't expect, it's embarrassing (I usually try and quickly change into some jeans at least). I feel so lazy :lol:

I change into PJs as soon as I get home too, and I do not get embarrassed at all....why am I gonna sit around in clothes at home??

I like the way you think. In fact, we should be able to wear PJs in public. Maximum comfort for everyone, always.
    Hi everyone, I've abandoned trying to keep up - it's bothering me to do so, but this was becoming my only work break, and I like variety in my work-break life :) Hope all is well with everyone (and hope things gt better soon for those of you who had bad weekends).

@Tubbs216 and @FluffySandwich - so this whole visa/work-permit processing thing is completely foreign (but curious) to me. So if something takes over 4 years to process, are you still allowed to work where you currently live, as long as you are in process? And you have to pay to apply to live in another country, not like a $20 processing fee or something? Obviously, ignore me or tell me it's none of my business, but I knew we aren't allowed to just say " hey I want to live in this country now" but I didn't think it was that difficult/costly/time-consuming.

I looked into moving to Canada a few years back (from the UK) via a work visa based on the list of highky demanded jobs. You didn't need a job offer, you just needed to be qualified and experienced in one of the jobs on that list. The processing fees went into the $1000s. Plus before you even get there you need to pay for medicals, English language tests (even if you're English), police checks etc., so it is not cheap. Sadly for us, they changed the list of highly demanded jobs right at the last moment. So we'd paid for all the tests etc., then couldn't apply anyway as that visa path was now closed. The super crap part is you have to be ready to jump when the list of highly demanded jobs is published, because each type of job is capped at a particular number, and if you waited the months it takes to get all the testing done, the cap would be filled. I was pretty bitter about it! I didn't pay any processing fees, but the testing was expensive in itself. Oh well, Canada's loss. Still, I think we could have made it!
    Boo! We'll stage a protest for you!
    Out of interest, where would you have settled?
    fjnlsjopxyor.jpg

Probably somewhere in Ontario, maybe Kitchener. I thought my bilingual French would have been a big help, even outside of Québec, but apparently not. Oh well, we've moved on and settled in the UK now.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I ate a little bit of Half Baked last night but gave the rest to my daughter so I could justify buying another pint the next time I'm at the grocery store.

I wish some of my MFP's lived closer so I'd have workout buddies. Or I wish my husband would want to go with me, but by the time he gets home from being on his feet for 9+ hours, working out is the last thing he wants to do. I asked him if he wanted to work out with me while we're on vacation, he said he DOES plan on working out. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I wish we could hit the gym together. We'd be a riot, I'm sure of it. But, no chance I'm ever moving... :'(
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options

I wish we could hit the gym together. We'd be a riot, I'm sure of it. But, no chance I'm ever moving... :'(

I would LOVE that! I don't think there's any chance of me moving to ID either. When and if we do move, I'm sure it'll be south because that's where Mike wants to be.

• m1xm0d3
    Options

Hey I've been skipping the catch-up but was curious how the step-daughter talk went? or IF it went?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I burned 200 calories in exercise today, and I'm considering spending them on ice cream. With peanut butter. Mmm, peanut butter ice cream. o:)
  • bkhamill
    Options
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.
    Oh, sending positive vibes your way - it's so hard to see a child so young struggling with mental health issues. Sorry you're both dealing with this, but I commend you for doing practical real things that can help. Maybe also look at some vitamin supplements?

My daughter just finished her second year of university and is now taking a year off due to depression and anxiety. This has been a very hard year for her, and stressful and worrying for us. Now that she's home, our family doctor believe her problems may be in a big part due to anemia caused by very heavy periods, so she's tackling the anemia before looking at anti-depressants etc. Maybe it might be a good idea to ask for a blood test to rule out any physical causes also?

Still way behind, but I had extreme anemia issues due to heavy periods and I got the Mirena (IUD) and it stopped the bleeding and cured my anemia problems. Worth looking into for sure.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.
    Sometimes when I'm really hungry and I'm with other people I stop listening to them talk and fantasize about my next meal

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

That's definitely cheaper than the Jeni's at $12.00 a pint.

I wish stores around me carried Gelato Fiacso.

Did you hear about Jeni's ice cream in Columbus, Ohio? I think it's only affected the ice cream here but I'm not 100% sure!

According to their website they just did another recall from Listeria. I had ordered four pints off their website before the first recall & ended up throwing The Brambleberry Crisp away after hearing about the recall. Well I won't lie, I mostly threw that one out cause I didn't care for the flavor.

I had ordered Savannah Buttermint (Easter exclusive)=really good, Goat Cheese & Red Cherries=pretty good, Brown Butter Almond Brittle=I devoured that pint in no time.

The other brand Blue Bell that suffered with the Listeria issue I have never seen in PA stores. We have Blue Bunny (crappy ice cream), Turkey Hill (most of the flavors are good), Breyers, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Talenti.

Blue Bell will be back soon!!! I will be in line with all the other folks that can get this wonderful stuff to buy it.

You can't find Blue Bell in the North unfortunately! We have Yuengling ice cream though... it's pretty good!

I have had Yuengling beer and that was really good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

I had B&J's Salted Caramel Core last night, the one with blondies in it. Not impressed. I'm not a fan of blondies anyway. (Who wants a blondie when you could have a brownie?) I am going to be stalking the stores looking for more The Tonight Dough. In case you can't read the description, "Caramel & Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough." Drooly, drool, drool!

rn7cgo5i9ypf.png

1) Salted Caramel is my lifeblood.

2) I don't have the option to eat chocolate, so that may have something to do with it.

I bought the vanilla and lemon cake Halo Top! The pints are SUPER lightweight. It's kind of weird. They're also $$$. :/

They were $4.99 at Wegmans, which isn't too bad.. I mean expensive enough that it's not going to be an every day thing obviously, but at least it's not $6.99 like some other ones I've seen. Haven't checked Whole Foods yet.

I've had to rewind some TV shows I was watching at night because I kept thinking about my breakfast the next morning and wasn't paying attention at all...

That's definitely cheaper than the Jeni's at $12.00 a pint.

I wish stores around me carried Gelato Fiacso.

Did you hear about Jeni's ice cream in Columbus, Ohio? I think it's only affected the ice cream here but I'm not 100% sure!

According to their website they just did another recall from Listeria. I had ordered four pints off their website before the first recall & ended up throwing The Brambleberry Crisp away after hearing about the recall. Well I won't lie, I mostly threw that one out cause I didn't care for the flavor.

I had ordered Savannah Buttermint (Easter exclusive)=really good, Goat Cheese & Red Cherries=pretty good, Brown Butter Almond Brittle=I devoured that pint in no time.

The other brand Blue Bell that suffered with the Listeria issue I have never seen in PA stores. We have Blue Bunny (crappy ice cream), Turkey Hill (most of the flavors are good), Breyers, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Talenti.

Blue Bell will be back soon!!! I will be in line with all the other folks that can get this wonderful stuff to buy it.

You can't find Blue Bell in the North unfortunately! We have Yuengling ice cream though... it's pretty good!

Is that like Yuengling beer? if so, yummy!

No alcohol involved, lol.