Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Over the weekend, mostly Saturday, I spent an excessive amount of time trying on dresses to take to Florida, because I've somehow convinced myself that wearing them as opposed to shorts and tanks would be easier or whatever. Anywho, one of the places I went was Maurices and I must have tried on 12 dresses and a couple shirts. I ended up with one shirt and very low self-esteem (the ginormous bruise on leg didn't help). I didn't fare much better at Target, where I'm sure I tried on just as many (although I did buy a dress and a skirt), Dress Barn (found one dress but it's too nice to be a beach dress I think), or Old Navy (bought 2 tanks that I LOVE).

I have very broad shoulders and now that I've been working out, they are more muscular. I didn't think it would be so damn hard to find summer dresses, but it's been close to impossible and I more or less have given up looking for anything else and will just make due with the few things I found and the things I already had.

Side note: My oh so sweet and wonderful husband has questionable taste when it comes to dresses. I was frightened by some of his choices.

Maybe he is trying to tell you he wants to see you in something like that. Just how questionable are we talking here??

Just ugly mostly, weird shapes and/or patterns, or sheer. I looked for some pictures of some but I couldn't find any. Most of the really bad ones I refused to try on, but some he just would not give up, so I humored him. Needless to say, I didn't bother buying any of the questionable ugly ones.

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Do any of you actually send messages to your MFP friends if they've disappeared for a period of time? There are a couple people that I like and would hate to see quit, but I'm not sure what to say and if it's weird to send them a "where are you" message.

I've done that once or twice. It's usually something like, "Hey, are you still with us? Hope all is well."
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... ice cream. Inherited my love of pistachio from my mom. Cookie dough is also a great friend of mine. And vanilla is delicious!!! I probably prefer it to chocolate, which I get sick of way too fast.

Yesterday I had homemade ice cream at a ice cream shop & I swear the one cookie dough was as big as a rock. No complaints:D.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from
    , lol

This whole thing makes me smile. Congratulations! I bet you looked great. And I'm sure your wife enjoyed herself too.

• BZAH10
    Options
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol

HATE the continuing ed stuff. But, it must be done. That long for test results is crazy! We get an immediate pass/fail result on the screen as soon as the test is completed. I still tend to hold my breath for that brief moment in fear of seeing "FAIL"! Thankfully, 17 years in the same industry, and so far so good.

Congrats on the new clothes and enjoying the experience!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

I have dimples just not in the right spots ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    My out-of-town work trip got cancelled at the last minute. I confess I am super excited. I did NOT want to go. The reason I did not want to go? My 11-year-old son starts his job tomorrow and I want to be the one to drop him off and pick him up and ask him how it went. He got this job set up all on his own, working for his uncle in uncle's cabinet shop. I'm super proud of him and did not want to miss his first day. :)

This is great! Good for him! Let us know how it goes for him.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

I have been reading just not posting. Was kind of a bummer of a weekend and didn't want to drag anyone down

That stinks, but that's really what we're all here for. Hugs.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal -sorry you had a bad weekend.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

I saw that one and something with peanut butter cookies. Or is that the same thing?! I'm new to the whole array of gourmet ice cream flavors.

• BZAH10
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH did you really send a scale to that single dad on the other thread? You're awesome.
    Also, sounds like everyone needs a visit from our special friend, Mr Shark:
    c33t4bpcs7g4.jpg

Yes, I did. I didn't know he mentioned it though! I bought a food scale months ago and never used it once. I'd rather someone benefit from it. However, I forgot to include the instruction booklet so I just mailed that to him today. Hope he finds success! Seems like a nice guy.

I hope so too. I was concerned when he vanished for a bit - let's hope he sticks around.

I was, too! I'm glad he's back and I hope he sticks with it.

@Tubbs216, thank you! I've been in a "bad" space recently and really have no reason to be, so doing something for someone else was a good thing for me (and hopefully him as well). Now I just need to make a habit of it.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH did you really send a scale to that single dad on the other thread? You're awesome.
    Also, sounds like everyone needs a visit from our special friend, Mr Shark:
    c33t4bpcs7g4.jpg

Yes, I did. I didn't know he mentioned it though! I bought a food scale months ago and never used it once. I'd rather someone benefit from it. However, I forgot to include the instruction booklet so I just mailed that to him today. Hope he finds success! Seems like a nice guy.

I hope so too. I was concerned when he vanished for a bit - let's hope he sticks around.

I was, too! I'm glad he's back and I hope he sticks with it.

@Tubbs216, thank you! I've been in a "bad" space recently and really have no reason to be, so doing something for someone else was a good thing for me (and hopefully him as well). Now I just need to make a habit of it.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks @MoHousdon and @Glinda1971. Tomorrow will be better. I had a friend die of a heart attack, it was my son's weekend with his dad (that's never a good thing) and I ate way to much. On a positive note though I was down a half pound on my weigh in this morning.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Thanks @MoHousdon and @Glinda1971. Tomorrow will be better. I had a friend die of a heart attack, it was my son's weekend with his dad (that's never a good thing) and I ate way to much. On a positive note though I was down a half pound on my weigh in this morning though
    Sorry to hear about your friend. :(
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Thanks @MoHousdon and @Glinda1971. Tomorrow will be better. I had a friend die of a heart attack, it was my son's weekend with his dad (that's never a good thing) and I ate way to much. On a positive note though I was down a half pound on my weigh in this morning.

So sorry to hear about your friend. Congrats on the 1/2 lb. though.

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear about your friend
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Sorry for your loss. (Of your friend not your weight)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol

That is awesome!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

I have dimples just not in the right spots ;)

LOL.