Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    My out-of-town work trip got cancelled at the last minute. I confess I am super excited. I did NOT want to go. The reason I did not want to go? My 11-year-old son starts his job tomorrow and I want to be the one to drop him off and pick him up and ask him how it went. He got this job set up all on his own, working for his uncle in uncle's cabinet shop. I'm super proud of him and did not want to miss his first day. :)
    That's awesome - what an enterprising young man! I wish my boys were as motivated as that. :|
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, on a good note...
    My sister and I hung out Saturday morning and she took me to a ferret rescue place because she loves ferrets. This rescue place takes in any ferret that needs help and they try to help and adopt as many as they can and keep the rest safe for the rest of their lives. I went ahead and sponsored two of the ferrets and made my donations to them. They were really cute.

They put a story about us on their website and I don't look as bad as I thought I would. I kept thinking, 'ugh I don't want my picture taken'. I can finally see that I look different than before and you couldn't tell that I was crying (about the whole boyfriend thing) earlier that morning. So, I'm okay with the pictures being online.
    Wow, good for you! That's lovely.

Ok, question (be honest): Was it smelly at the ferret place?

Haha you gave me a good laugh. :) It was a little but for the most part they keep everything clean. It mainly smelled a little like a zoo. But ferrets are pretty cute and funny. Ferrets aren't too bad unless they still have their glands.
    Yeah, I've only smelled ones who were fully intact :#

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    As previously mentioned, my friend & her two kids came over - thanks for everyone's tips & support regarding them and my dog! My dog was the "bad" one though, she wouldn't stop barking at them even though they were relatively well behaved. (I definitely need to see a trainer to correct this before she bites anyone.)

Anyway, they came over for ice cream - I had a big serving (ice cream, chocolate chips, the chocolate syrup that hardens - yum). Then they left and I had another big sundae. Yesterday my mom made me brunch (French toast & bacon), then I went to a movie and ate a whole popcorn and bag of candy. Then in the evening I ate MORE ice cream, with a poptart crumbled on top, just because.

None of that fits with my current nutrition plan, so nobody tell my trainer! :

While at Target Saturday, I got the popcorn and soda combo. The popcorn was unbelievable good and the Cherry Coke was really refreshing. I didn't feel at all guilty about having them or the giant piece of chocolate cake and 2 scoops of Half Baked later that evening. I ate a lot that day (not really because we didn't eat breakfast) but still managed to stay under my calorie goal. As a matter of fact, I think I stayed under all weekend. I'm hoping I can be more disciplined with my food this week and next since I can't do intense workouts until my leg heals a little more.

Unlike @Tubbs216 I promise I won't tell your trainer.

Lol, thanks! And good for you for staying under :smile:

I JUST started this nutrition plan last Monday, and I haven't been "good" a single day. Well, Friday wasn't too bad, but the weekend was way off. I'm kind of mad at myself that I can't stick with it for more than one day. It's not restrictive calorie-wise (about 2100 calories), but I'm supposed to stay under 20g of sugar and THAT is nearly impossible.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend, mostly Saturday, I spent an excessive amount of time trying on dresses to take to Florida, because I've somehow convinced myself that wearing them as opposed to shorts and tanks would be easier or whatever. Anywho, one of the places I went was Maurices and I must have tried on 12 dresses and a couple shirts. I ended up with one shirt and very low self-esteem (the ginormous bruise on leg didn't help). I didn't fare much better at Target, where I'm sure I tried on just as many (although I did buy a dress and a skirt), Dress Barn (found one dress but it's too nice to be a beach dress I think), or Old Navy (bought 2 tanks that I LOVE).

I have very broad shoulders and now that I've been working out, they are more muscular. I didn't think it would be so damn hard to find summer dresses, but it's been close to impossible and I more or less have given up looking for anything else and will just make due with the few things I found and the things I already had.

Side note: My oh so sweet and wonderful husband has questionable taste when it comes to dresses. I was frightened by some of his choices.

Maybe he is trying to tell you he wants to see you in something like that. Just how questionable are we talking here??
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    As previously mentioned, my friend & her two kids came over - thanks for everyone's tips & support regarding them and my dog! My dog was the "bad" one though, she wouldn't stop barking at them even though they were relatively well behaved. (I definitely need to see a trainer to correct this before she bites anyone.)

Anyway, they came over for ice cream - I had a big serving (ice cream, chocolate chips, the chocolate syrup that hardens - yum). Then they left and I had another big sundae. Yesterday my mom made me brunch (French toast & bacon), then I went to a movie and ate a whole popcorn and bag of candy. Then in the evening I ate MORE ice cream, with a poptart crumbled on top, just because.

While at Target Saturday, I got the popcorn and soda combo. The popcorn was unbelievable good and the Cherry Coke was really refreshing. I didn't feel at all guilty about having them or the giant piece of chocolate cake and 2 scoops of Half Baked later that evening. I ate a lot that day (not really because we didn't eat breakfast) but still managed to stay under my calorie goal. As a matter of fact, I think I stayed under all weekend. I'm hoping I can be more disciplined with my food this week and next since I can't do intense workouts until my leg heals a little more.

I JUST started this nutrition plan last Monday, and I haven't been "good" a single day. Well, Friday wasn't too bad, but the weekend was way off. I'm kind of mad at myself that I can't stick with it for more than one day. It's not restrictive calorie-wise (about 2100 calories), but I'm supposed to stay under 20g of sugar and THAT is nearly impossible.
    Yeah, I don't think I could ever do that, unless it was a medical necessity I guess.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options

Yeah, I don't think I could ever do that, unless it was a medical necessity I guess.

It's not, and I'm going to ask her tonight about it to see why she picked that number. I know she plans on adjusting the calories in a couple weeks so I don't know if the low sugar is a temporary thing (I hope so!). I have been close, somedays just 3-5 g over but it's tricky.
  • Tubbs216
    edited June 2015
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Back in the office after that mind-numbing continuing ed seminar. Ugh. Think I passed the test though; we'll see in about 3-4 weeks. (Really? It's 2015, and we're still waiting WEEKS for test results? Whatevs.)

My confession is my wife dragged me to the store for a wardrobe upgrade on Saturday...and I enjoyed every minute of it! (4+ hours.)

After years of bargain XL shirts and 38" dockers, there is something awfully gratifying about trying on M slim-fit work shirts, and 32 x 32 work slacks - and having them fit great. Also picked up some new shorts, T-shirts, running shoes (sweet Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits - so comfortable!)

Then going through my closet & getting rid of some thrashed work pants, L T-shirts that billow on me....I now understand where the term Retail Therapy comes from, lol
    I don't think anything boosts the self-esteem more than trying on and fitting into smaller sizes, and realising they actually look great!

You go Glen Coco!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

Enjoy throwing away those old clothes!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Do any of you actually send messages to your MFP friends if they've disappeared for a period of time? There are a couple people that I like and would hate to see quit, but I'm not sure what to say and if it's weird to send them a "where are you" message.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    BZAH did you really send a scale to that single dad on the other thread? You're awesome.
    Also, sounds like everyone needs a visit from our special friend, Mr Shark:
    c33t4bpcs7g4.jpg

Yes, I did. I didn't know he mentioned it though! I bought a food scale months ago and never used it once. I'd rather someone benefit from it. However, I forgot to include the instruction booklet so I just mailed that to him today. Hope he finds success! Seems like a nice guy.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Do any of you actually send messages to your MFP friends if they've disappeared for a period of time? There are a couple people that I like and would hate to see quit, but I'm not sure what to say and if it's weird to send them a "where are you" message.
    No, but I've wondered about that too. I assume it only shows up on their MFP message list, not an external email, so if they're not checking in, they wouldn't see it anyway..?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

If I notice some of my friends have not logged in for a few days I try to send a message to check up and see if they are struggling or just off the grid for a bit.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH did you really send a scale to that single dad on the other thread? You're awesome.

Yes, I did. I didn't know he mentioned it though! I bought a food scale months ago and never used it once. I'd rather someone benefit from it. However, I forgot to include the instruction booklet so I just mailed that to him today. Hope he finds success! Seems like a nice guy.
    What a lovely thing to do for a stranger.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(

I have been reading just not posting. Was kind of a bummer of a weekend and didn't want to drag anyone down
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    c33t4bpcs7g4.jpg

I hope so too. I was concerned when he vanished for a bit - let's hope he sticks around.
  • shadowfeet33
    shadowfeet33 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

OMG I would totally do this. Glad I'm not the only one. ;)