Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It's my birthday weekend (Monday) and I am trying to not go off the rails. Last night I went to the grocery and got a pint of greek frozen yogurt & Fiber One bars some but man oh man did I want a LARGE 8pm 1/2 price Sonic shake.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

That is so hard! Hugs.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Oh my gosh, I have to print this out.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I refuse to do any type of jumping Jack or burpee type exercise bcuz when I do my butt cheeks make this weird/awkward/embarassing (even if I'm alone) "flapping" sound :(

I wear compression shorts if I know I'm going to be doing these types of exercises, specifically so my butt won't "clap."
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    This weekend I met a buddy for golf. Haven't seen each other since last September. I was about 168 then, I'm up a little to around 175 now.

He just casually said "You're still on the health kick? How much do you weigh now? You were really trim last summer."

I confess that I can't believe how much that bugged me!

I am now on a mission.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

I'm so sorry! Prayers for you!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

Here's to hoping exercising regularly will help.

It is true that regular exercise does give you more energy. But I've always felt like that, and ended up having some blood tests for a different reason (I was always thirsty). Turns out I had an underactive thyroid and B12 deficiency.

So as much as I hate the constant advice on here telling people they might have a thyroid problem if they can't lose weight, in this case I think it would be worth you having this checked if you haven't already.

I'm 32 and finally I'm not always falling asleep after work. It's so great.
    My boyfriend's mother thought I might have an underactive thyroid. Last time I got my bloodwork done, they didn't find anything that much out of the ordinary, except a greater than normal amount of bilirubin. I was prescribed melatonin as a teenager because I couldn't stop falling asleep in class, no matter how hard I tried (I once brought a bottle of water and would literally splash my face with it... didn't work). I also had low iron during that time. Maybe it's time for me to pay the doctor a visit :confounded:
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok, everyone.... WHICH EXERCISE MACHINE SHOULD I USE AT THE GYM? I'm staying away from the weights for now... thinking about going over there with the bulky guys gives me severe anxiety. What's your favorite cardio machine to use?

As for a confession... I always work on Sundays. Today I went in and saw someone was already working in my place. Apparently I wasn't on the schedule today, probably by mistake. I definitely was not going to complain, and planned to spend the whole day out in the sun after going back to my apartment and grabbing a book. As soon as I got there, I was overcome with a wave of fatigue and had to fight sleep before practically kicking myself out of my apartment hours later. Now I'm a bit better... but what is up with that? I'm so tired of being sleepy all the time. I waste way too many days... and I'm only 21 years old. How am I going to be in ten years?

Here's to hoping exercising regularly will help.

Cardio machine - I did the elliptical for a while but since my gym put Solitaire on the treadmills, I'm back to that... I can't run anyway, so I just walk at 3.5mph (fairly fast for my height) and increase the incline progressively... 8% for an hour is relatively easy for me now. I did 9% last week but my calves have been screaming since, so I'll try again next week...
    I can't run either. More like... I'm scared to run. Have always been bad at it. I ended up doing 45 minutes of walking up the treadmill at about 3.5 MPH on a steep incline. I was sweating buckets, but it felt liberating. Then 15 minutes of stairmaster and 10 of cardiowave. About two years ago I was able to spend up to 3 hours (yes, I seriously did that one time) on the cardiowave. This time 10 minutes made me feel like I was dying. Urgh.
    How is your iron? My 19 yo daughter has really low iron and she's constantly exhausted.
    ETA: oops - sorry, I can't read. Sounds like it could be your iron.
    Honestly, it still probably is low. Haven't checked it in a while. I'm bad about eating things with iron. I never crave meat, for one thing... and if I had my way I would live off of fruit and bread :confounded: I'm pretty sure bread has iron, though not sure how much... isn't there a way to add iron to my daily MFP goals?

Well you can add it but a lot of people don't add it to their entries so I don't know how accurate it's going to be if you're using random entries.

Make sure to take a multivitamin too... it helps.

Or liquid iron. I buy it off Amazon. Cinnamon flavored. (No constipation problems with the liquid)
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've finally caught up. It's only taken me forever!

Some confessions -
    1. On the subject of shoplifting, I was caught doing it with a friend when I was 11. We only used to steal little things like lipglosses etc. One day we got brave and filled a carrier bag up with face masks, foot scrubs and chocolate and got caught by an undercover security guard. I never dared steal anything again after that! I also ran away from a restaurant without paying with the same friend when I was that age.

2. I'm also a member of the alcoholic parent club. My mam was a massive drinker when I was younger and it came before everything else. She used to lie in bed and sleep all day, get up at about 8pm and stay up all through the night. Me and my younger sister basically had to fend for ourselves. We went into foster care when I was 14.

3. Growing up my Grandma was a huge maternal figure in my life and the person I would turn to for anything. She was diagnosed with Dementia around 4 and a half years ago and is in quite the later stages now. I'm caring for her full time. I get a break over the weekends and for 2 hours in the morning on the week days (which is when I usually go to the gym!) I can't bare the thought of her going into a home but at the same time I am finding the role of full time carer both physically and mentally draining at times. She needs help with getting washed, dressed, toileting, is very restless through the night and can't be left alone under any circumstances because of safety reasons meaning it's hard for me to make plans as there always has to be someone here to watch her. I love my Grandma more than anyone in the world and she was always there for me growing up so I want to be there for her now. I feel guilty sometimes when I get frustrated.

4. I'm almost 25 and I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life. I studied Journalism at University but it wasn't really for me. I'm so jealous of people who have ambition and know what they want to be from a young age.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It's my birthday weekend (Monday) and I am trying to not go off the rails. Last night I went to the grocery and got a pint of greek frozen yogurt & Fiber One bars some but man oh man did I want a LARGE 8pm 1/2 price Sonic shake.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :p

Thanks! Still haven't got around to that Sonic shake but I did crush a half gal of sherbet over the weekend. Oh and I had a nice cheesesteak yesterday. Soo good.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I'm so sorry :( you're in my thoughts

Same here! I'm way behind this thread today, but I wanted to acknowledge this ASAP! What a long, happy, satisfying life you provided him. Bless you!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: My SO pissed me off to tears on Mother's Day. He got highly intoxicated the night before. I don't think I've ever seen him that drunk. He puked ALL night. No sleep for me. Then he slept in - not me, the MOTHER, on MOTHER'S DAY!!! Then he wouldn't go with us to our trip to Craters of the Moon cuz he was "sick" (hungover). I think he owes me another Mother's Day.

Hubby bought me a camp trailer this weekend. He is forgiven. LOL
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I really want to bake cookies or something but we don't have an electric mixer at the house. I feel like if I'm going to take the time and energy to bake things other people would presumably want to take, I shouldn't have to spend my money on one not matter how cheap.

Haven't done it for years, but I used to make double batches of chocolate chip cookies - by hand, no mixer. Quite an arm workout!

Also, love the new profile pic!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Can a confession be a positive one? After 16 years of marriage I divorced. He was emotionally and verbally abusive and I didn't want our kids to think that was a normal or healthy relationship. He refused to even try to change. I asked for eight years for change. Just about a year after the divorce finalized I started dating my SO -a year ago this past February. I have not rushed. We are very similar and very compatible. In this time we have not fought. That is not to say we have not disagreed or gotten on each other's nerves. Just that we've dealt with these issues as adults and while showing each other respect. The "I love you " did not happen from me for 8 -10 months.

So I just realized today that we have something tender and sweet and wonderful and that I trust him to treat me in a loving and respectful manner no matter what is going on with him or his day. I realized that my SO is someone who I can see being a true life partner. We'll see if it goes there. I'll be ok no matter what. I'm the most healthy on all levels that I've been in many years. I'm in love with mySO and with my life.

Yes, a confession can be positive and that is awesome!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I only logged about 800 calories yesterday (on purpose, because my doctor made me, I now hate him) and all of it was juice and broth. MFP didn't warn me or anything, it was just like "in 5 weeks you will have lost 25 lbs!" For a second, I felt like the computer was judging me - like "Good job! You should probably eat this way every Sunday, fatty!" I don't care what my computer thinks though. Screw him.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Gross confession:
    I just spent a happy couple of hours doing hands-and-knees weeding in my yard. I came in when I put my (ungloved) hand straight down on a dog poo. And it rained yesterday. A lot.
    On a related note, how bad is bleach for human skin?

Yuck! At least you burned some calories gardening.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I made my second mock dough creation on Saturday & ate all of it last night & put the calories in the next 7 days LOL!

It didn't taste exactly like cookie dough, but it was pretty tasty for having chickpeas in it.
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

3. Growing up my Grandma was a huge maternal figure in my life and the person I would turn to for anything. She was diagnosed with Dementia around 4 and a half years ago and is in quite the later stages now. I'm caring for her full time. I get a break over the weekends and for 2 hours in the morning on the week days (which is when I usually go to the gym!) I can't bare the thought of her going into a home but at the same time I am finding the role of full time carer both physically and mentally draining at times. She needs help with getting washed, dressed, toileting, is very restless through the night and can't be left alone under any circumstances because of safety reasons meaning it's hard for me to make plans as there always has to be someone here to watch her. I love my Grandma more than anyone in the world and she was always there for me growing up so I want to be there for her now. I feel guilty sometimes when I get frustrated.

Wow! This is completely commendable of you and very selfless. I don't know many 25 year olds that would take this on. It's ok and completely normal to be frustrated at times. I just want to give you a big hug. Is there anyone else that can help you?

Confession: I have more confessions than I can shake a stick at, but afraid of people on my friends list that I know IRL would be able to go back to see those confession posts. I know that probably made my confessions sound even more intriguing. They're not, just hate to be judged.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    4. I'm almost 25 and I still haven't figured out what I want to do with my life. I studied Journalism at University but it wasn't really for me. I'm so jealous of people who have ambition and know what they want to be from a young age.

I personally would consider yourself lucky you don't know what you want to be, because everything becomes a possibility. From about 15 I was told by various teachers I would be a good Interior Designer, I ended up doing Interior Design at Uni and came out with a 2:1. My teacher said it should have been a 1st but I ran out of time by about a week. I fell in love with Interior Design and Architecture. I spent just short of a year applying for jobs. I sent over 250 CV's with a CD of my work (Yes I bought 250 CDs!) and I didn't get one sniff, nothing, not even an interview. I went back to uni to speak to my teacher about it and she said unfortunately you have to have connections to get into the industry. Dream over. I was devastated. Now I'm a miserable administrator and I gained 3 stone through eating to make myself feel better! It has taken me 2 years since I left uni and I think I have just got over it. But I now consider going to university the biggest mistake I ever made. Above smoking. Above gaining 3 stone in weight. Above everything.
    You don't need to know what you want to be in life, be happy with who you are right now. :smile:
  • it8txs
    it8txs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to a local delivery spots honey bbq wings. I will skip meals to have enough calories left in my day to have them. Or just say to hell with it and have them anyway.

If I have something I really shouldn't or if there is something in the kitchen that my kids have brought home and I don't want to be tempted. I ask my kids to go in there and get me everything. I won't even walk in there if I don't have to. :(