Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am getting tired of the funky weather here. Now we have a tropical depression getting ready to dump anywhere from 4-14" of rain on the Texas coastline. We are just getting over the last round.

Yikes, that's scary. Please be careful.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Also... This thread is pretty quiet for a Monday. It seems a lot of the regular posters aren't bothering to keep up anymore, and it's slowing down. This makes me very sad. :'(
    Ah, ebbs and flows. Everyone's busy today. I'm just checking in (AKA wasting time) while I'm (meant to be) working on my Drafting course.

Hope everyone's days are going/have gone well.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.
  • Tubbs216
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Wow, my first double post! I feel special.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Finally finished sending off my CSQ and post-graduate work permit application for Canada. THAT'S done. Too bad I have to now look forward to applying for my permanent residency. So much money, too!! :cry:
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess...

You weirdo! ;) I do enjoy vanilla ice cream actually, but only when it's accompanied by something. For example, the reason I bought vanilla ice cream to begin with was to top a giant molten lava cookie that I baked recently, and I didn't use it all up. But when I'm eating ice cream for the sake of eating ice cream... Vanilla feels too plain to be worth it.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Vanilla ice cream has its place: on a warm brownie, covered with chocolate fudge. Nowhere else. :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Vanilla ice cream has its place: on a warm brownie, covered with chocolate fudge. Nowhere else. :p

You. I like you. Except that you forgot the molten lava cookie part.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Finally finished sending off my CSQ and post-graduate work permit application for Canada. THAT'S done. Too bad I have to now look forward to applying for my permanent residency. So much money, too!! :cry:
    I feel for you - we had to do that every 5 years until we got our citizenship in December. Family of five! CIC is not our friend. How long are they taking these days?

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... ice cream. Inherited my love of pistachio from my mom. Cookie dough is also a great friend of mine. And vanilla is delicious!!! I probably prefer it to chocolate, which I get sick of way too fast.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Over the weekend, mostly Saturday, I spent an excessive amount of time trying on dresses to take to Florida, because I've somehow convinced myself that wearing them as opposed to shorts and tanks would be easier or whatever. Anywho, one of the places I went was Maurices and I must have tried on 12 dresses and a couple shirts. I ended up with one shirt and very low self-esteem (the ginormous bruise on leg didn't help). I didn't fare much better at Target, where I'm sure I tried on just as many (although I did buy a dress and a skirt), Dress Barn (found one dress but it's too nice to be a beach dress I think), or Old Navy (bought 2 tanks that I LOVE).

I have very broad shoulders and now that I've been working out, they are more muscular. I didn't think it would be so damn hard to find summer dresses, but it's been close to impossible and I more or less have given up looking for anything else and will just make due with the few things I found and the things I already had.

Side note: My oh so sweet and wonderful husband has questionable taste when it comes to dresses. I was frightened by some of his choices.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I confess...

You weirdo! ;) I do enjoy vanilla ice cream actually, but only when it's accompanied by something. For example, the reason I bought vanilla ice cream to begin with was to top a giant molten lava cookie that I baked recently, and I didn't use it all up. But when I'm eating ice cream for the sake of eating ice cream... Vanilla feels too plain to be worth it.
    So what you're saying is 'Vanilla ice cream is acceptable only when served with food.' I'm not a huge ice cream fan anyway - have horribly sensitive teeth so after only a short time it's not fun any more. I hate all those gruesome flavours like bubblegum, tutti frutti etc. I have a thing about over-coloured foods - maybe that's part of it.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I confess...

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Over the weekend, mostly Saturday, I spent an excessive amount of time trying on dresses to take to Florida, because I've somehow convinced myself that wearing them as opposed to shorts and tanks would be easier or whatever. Anywho, one of the places I went was Maurices and I must have tried on 12 dresses and a couple shirts. I ended up with one shirt and very low self-esteem (the ginormous bruise on leg didn't help). I didn't fare much better at Target, where I'm sure I tried on just as many (although I did buy a dress and a skirt), Dress Barn (found one dress but it's too nice to be a beach dress I think), or Old Navy (bought 2 tanks that I LOVE).

I have very broad shoulders and now that I've been working out, they are more muscular. I didn't think it would be so damn hard to find summer dresses, but it's been close to impossible and I more or less have given up looking for anything else and will just make due with the few things I found and the things I already had.

Side note: My oh so sweet and wonderful husband has questionable taste when it comes to dresses. I was frightened by some of his choices.

Do you have a Macy's nearby? They have so many pretty dresses at the one by me. I may have bought three.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    I hate drama. We've seen my husband's 12 year old daughter 3 times in the past 10 months since we moved. His son (16) is currently not welcome in our home - long story. This month, we were told that they were all going to be on "vacation" for the entire month at their grandparents' in New Mexico. We found out over the weekend that stepdaughter is the ONLY ONE in NM. So, she chose to forego her weekend with her father (Father's Day, even).

The confession: I'm ready to just be done with the whole lot of them. It's taking every fiber of my being to try to convince my husband not to do so (he wants to be done with the whole lot of them at this point, too). I know that's just his hurt feelings talking.
    I'm sure it is - I think you're right to support him by trying to keep the peace. The daughter is very young and being guided by many other forces, I'm sure.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

It has been getting quieter over the last couple days, which is too bad, but it's also good because I don't have as much to catch up on! Lol. Some people are away on vacation...

And, if everyone is having a day like me today, they are kind of cranky and don't have anything helpful to add :wink: It seems like everyone around my work is a little cranky today, maybe it's even more widespread?

ETA: because apparently I felt like leaving out words.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

I'm keeping up! But today was our monthly staff meeting so I was occupied - doing basically nothing mind you - for nearly 2.5 hours.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Ok, on a good note...
    My sister and I hung out Saturday morning and she took me to a ferret rescue place because she loves ferrets. This rescue place takes in any ferret that needs help and they try to help and adopt as many as they can and keep the rest safe for the rest of their lives. I went ahead and sponsored two of the ferrets and made my donations to them. They were really cute.

They put a story about us on their website and I don't look as bad as I thought I would. I kept thinking, 'ugh I don't want my picture taken'. I can finally see that I look different than before and you couldn't tell that I was crying (about the whole boyfriend thing) earlier that morning. So, I'm okay with the pictures being online.