Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Sad but true confession here, I was looking through the success threads and there was one that I wanted to catch up on...I realized that the last time I looked at that thread was in 2011. I am sad because I realized that I have wasted 4 years of my life that should have been in maintenance instead of being only 18 pounds less that I was when I started. Granted I had a baby but still 2 years of this could have been in maintenance. I know there are reasons as to why I am afraid to lose, but I do not want to let that stop me this time. I am finally ready to finish this thing and move onto my next fitness goal.

Oh I know this feeling too well. I've also been here since 2011. I lost about 25 lbs the first year and then stayed the same weight because I stopped logging. Every now and then I would try to log again and give up. If I had kept at it the first time, I would have been at my goal weight by now. Super frustrating. Hang in there!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you look amazing in the dress. I'll be eagerly awaiting finding out how it all was as I'm also going to Punta Cana. I'm glad you brought up the tipping thing as we're all inclusive too and I hadn't really thought about it. I didn't even really know tipping housekeeping was a thing until part way through my time working in the US when one of my American colleagues told me.

I'll probably also be half blind on my trip for the same reasons.
    I forget that tipping isn't a think in Europe :tongue: I've been looking up reviews for the trip and I am saddened by all the negative reviews I am seeing. However, I will keep in mind that we didn't choose a 5 star resort... and I don't consider myself a picky person so I think I'll have a great time. Just hope there's no mold covering the bathtub or something :neutral:
    Francl27 wrote: »

I'm sure you're not that bad! I have contacts that I hardly wear anymore but I'm definitely taking them on vacations with me... the beach without totally sucks. And I'm totally paranoid at the beach too and hate leaving my stuff there...

Confession - considering stepping back from this thread for a bit. It gets too crazy during the week and I feel I spend my days on the forums trying to catch up... and it's starting to become a chore. Plus I actually want to get back to reading my book again and I need time for that...
    Oh man, I should've gotten contacts. The first time I tried I took about thirty minutes to get one in my eye, and when I did it burned SO bad (probably from how much I had already irritated my eye). The woman left the room to get someone to remove it for me because she didn't want to wait another thirty minutes. I thought ''NOPE. NO ONE'S TOUCHING MY EYE!'' and got it out really fast. So I guess if you have someone nearby trying to touch my eye, I would be able to do it fast. :lol: Second time I was going to try and the doctor said ''Can I convince you NOT to wear contacts?'' I paused, said ''yes,'' and didn't get them.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I was struggling with depression during my teenage years as well, but I don't think my mom was able to handle it very well. The thing is, I didn't think I was depressed at all (now that I look back, it seems obvious), and I was placed into a hospital for a week to get therapy and to monitor me so I wouldn't harm myself. It was extremely hurtful, mostly because I thought I was just going in for a therapy session but I had been lied to. They rushed my mom out and basically locked me in the hospital. I screamed and cried, and some grumpy woman came in and demanded I take my clothes off so she could search me for ''weapons'' and stuff. It was embarrassing and felt like I was being put in jail. I remember smiling at one of the counselors and being told ''What's so funny??? Wipe that smirk off your face.'' Dude, I was just being nice.

Since then my mom has apologized many times, and I guess I can't really blame her behavior since she was genuinely worried about me. Still, that whole experience was just surreal.

That's... Horrible. Since when has depression been a crime?! Since I have FND coupled with anxiety and depression, my neurologist was really pushing to get me admitted for my own sake. I majorly panicked and wouldn't do it, though, and soon after that I ceased all attempts at therapy.

Because of my own history, I can see why they want to try to admit people who they think are severely depressed and need intervention, because they might not actively seek help on their own--but what kind of treatment is that supposed to be? I'm so sorry that you went through that; it would have killed me to go through the same. :-/

That's a good way to put it- it felt like I was being treated as though I had committed a crime. Everyone would say ''So what are YOU in for?'' and I would say ''I don't know.'' Then they'd call me a liar. I did talk to a girl who claimed to have brought down a plane by screaming and punching people. I can understand why you panicked and I'm sorry :( I'm sure not all hospitals are like that one, and a good therapist can go a long way. I hope you're feeling better now, you deserve to be feeling your very best :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I lost my purse and it's my own damned fault. :| I didn't secure it well on the back of my bike and I didn't notice when if fell off. When I retraced my route, I couldn't find it.

My whole life is in that purse, plus it was a pricey purse. And my phone - which is not attached to wifi so I can't erase it..

And my license and credit cards and medicare card and you name it plus my bank card and it's the weekend, so I'm cashless. And my id for work plus my bike and home key (which at least I have a duplicate)

Oh my gosh, that is horrible. I hope someone turns it in. I've found wallets before and turned them in. Also at the front desk at work, we have a lot of honest people that turn in phones, purses etc all the time (yea people here are crazy, always losing stuff). I'll hope for the best.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession - been craving crepes for a while. I actually dreamed about it last night... that I went to some kids birthday party and they had some and I ended up going way over my calories because I had some (a caramel 'flan' one, whatever that is, if anyone's wondering).

So I said enough is enough and I made some for breakfast. Now... I made sure to wait until everyone was gone to make them. My recipe only makes 5, and we're 4, and I wanted at least 3. I don't want to double it up either or it makes too many and I eat too many. So I waited until my husband left with the kids and made them. 700 calories later, I'm satisfied, and there are actually 2 left for the kids when they get home. At least it was a late breakfast so it shouldn't mess me up too much for today.

Second confession - totally planning to slack off today. I only have 4 hours to myself and I'm not planning to do anything (ok, I lie, I've already done dishes). I'm actually planning a rest day, but I might lose it this afternoon and take the kids to the gym. I'm considering going to Whole Foods to check for Halo Top ice cream but I don't really need to buy anything else, and there's a lot of ice cream in the freezer, and we're leaving in 3 weeks, so I probably won't bother...
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    @bkhamill - glad everything turned out ok.

@crosbylee - is your daughter feeling better now? I know you mentioned that she had a serious illness. How is everything with her health?

@spacequiztime - you've mentioned your accident several times. What exactly happened?

Thanks for asking. She has ALL, a type of leukemia. We have finished all chemo treatments and she is in remission hopefully for the rest of her life! She is very happy about it and very much looking forward to kindergarten this fall. We now have once a month blood count checks then will phase those out over the next three years.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

I've been thinking about you. I'm glad you were able to talk with him, but the whole situations just sucks. :(
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    clover157 wrote: »
    I really don't get American cereal... Marshmallows? It seems so weird to me. We have sweet cereal here in Australia - Fruit Loops, Coco Puffs, Frosties....- but Americans have such a range of random cereals!!

Confession - couldn't take my rest day yesterday so I went for my usual 3.5 mile walk, and now my calf still hurts, obviously, but so does my hip. I really can't win. I'm getting too old and getting hurt all over apparently!

I was up at 5am hungry too. Remembered that the tooth fairy was supposed to come (actually, she was supposed to come on Friday night but forgot, silly tooth fairy), so I ended up throwing a $1 bill on my kid's bed as he was sleeping on the floor and I couldn't even find his pillow. But at least I remembered, and I didn't wake him up. He did wonder why the tooth was still there though (he just woke up), so I told him the tooth fairy probably couldn't find it.

Then I was so hungry I ate 600 calories by 6am. Quite safe to say that I will probably not be able to stick to my deficit again today :( At least I had a good deficit for 5 days.

I have a tough time taking rest days too.
    I have built up a great deficit for the week because we are going to a birthday party today and I know I'll overdue it...like I always do at parties. But I don't care. I'm going to enjoy myself and eat everything that I want...and try my best to log when I get home. I just hope I don't go waaaay overboard...we shall see.
    Funny stuff about the tooth fairy..we're not at that stage yet..but I think it'll be fun.

Quoting myself to fix my mistake...overdo not overdue.
    Anyway, I did really well at the party...but once I got home and my son was in bed and husband still working, I blew it. :(
    Logged everything the best I could. Woke up with a 4 pound increase on the scale (thanks sodium). I'm doing my workout this morning and getting back on track with eating today (hopefully). My problem is that one day of bad eating often turns into 2-3 before I can really be back to healthy eating.
    Does anyone else have a problem with multiple days of overeating or do you find you can usually get back on track after just one day?

I generally find myself working my way back to healthier eating. One bad day and I find reasons to slip a little the next, then things get a little better until I am back on track.
  • MrFitness225
    MrFitness225 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't have any confessions but I was impressed with people's honesty. What I do see is alot of people embarrassed about what others are going to think. I do have one piece of advice for all of you, remember at the end of the day lying and cheating only affects YOU. Stop caring about what others think because you fell of the wagon and ate some shyt you weren't supposed to, we're here to support each other in our fitness goals so if you fall off the wagon, use your friends as support to get you back on track.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Confession - been craving crepes for a while. I actually dreamed about it last night... that I went to some kids birthday party and they had some and I ended up going way over my calories because I had some (a caramel 'flan' one, whatever that is, if anyone's wondering).

So I said enough is enough and I made some for breakfast. Now... I made sure to wait until everyone was gone to make them. My recipe only makes 5, and we're 4, and I wanted at least 3. I don't want to double it up either or it makes too many and I eat too many. So I waited until my husband left with the kids and made them. 700 calories later, I'm satisfied, and there are actually 2 left for the kids when they get home. At least it was a late breakfast so it shouldn't mess me up too much for today.

Second confession - totally planning to slack off today. I only have 4 hours to myself and I'm not planning to do anything (ok, I lie, I've already done dishes). I'm actually planning a rest day, but I might lose it this afternoon and take the kids to the gym. I'm considering going to Whole Foods to check for Halo Top ice cream but I don't really need to buy anything else, and there's a lot of ice cream in the freezer, and we're leaving in 3 weeks, so I probably won't bother...

I love Crepes, so much. So fluffy and you can stuff them with anything.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

I'm so sorry :( I think it's perfectly normal to be so conflicted.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    Options
    Ok so I’m still catching up, but hope everyone is well.

I weighed myself this morning and I’m only 2.6 lb away from a normal BMI. I know, I know BMI is junk, but at least it’s something to measure myself with. I bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt this past weekend- it was supposed to be my “reward outfit” for losing 25 lb, but I’m only 2 lb away from that and desperately needed new jeans for work. So…17 lb left to lose til my ultimate goal and today I’m actually optimistic I can do it.

AND DH decided we need a home gym, so we’re Craigslisting everything. We got a lat pulldown machine last night and we’re getting barbell, Olympic weights, bench, and rack tonight. Still working on flooring, mirrors, and lighting, but yay! I’m AMPED for this. We’re getting everything in good shape for great prices, and I’m much more likely to work out at home than drive to the gym at 9-10 pm.
  • MrFitness225
    MrFitness225 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The way I have my "cheat meals" or "cheat snacks" is by not logging them. What you all don't know, won't hurt ya. LOL. So, if I have a few cookies, or a piece of pizza, after I close out my diary, it is my little secret. O_O This is a rarity, but it is what I do.

Your dishonesty is only hurting you. You call it a little secret, I call it lack of will power.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Wow, didn't check the thread and came back to almost 600 new posts! It was a good weekend, although ridiculously humid and hot here. My fun confession for the weekend - I'm not really supposed to be buying new clothes right now, while saving for the wedding and all, but I went to Target this weekend and found three summer dresses that I couldn't pass up! So I bought all three (one was clearance - that makes it ok, right?). I bought my first two maxi dresses ever, and actually think they look really good! I've always assumed they'd look bad because I'm short and widest at my hips, but these have cinched waists so they are pretty flattering. So excited!

The confession part - I only showed my fiance two of them, stuck the other right in the closet and will show him later. I figure he should have known better than to send me to Target unsupervised! haha

Edited because that was the longest run-on sentence ever
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    The way I have my "cheat meals" or "cheat snacks" is by not logging them. What you all don't know, won't hurt ya. LOL. So, if I have a few cookies, or a piece of pizza, after I close out my diary, it is my little secret. O_O This is a rarity, but it is what I do.

Your dishonesty is only hurting you. You call it a little secret, I call it lack of will power.

This is a 'no judgement' zone. The clue is in the title. You're welcome to confess, to sympathize, and even to give constructive advice. But please refrain from all-out judging in a negative fashion.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

AWESOME! Congratulations!! :)

Congratulations on passing your exam!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    gl0pjp2t0ex8.jpg
    I'm learning. I was trying to post dog pictures but I'll post one of my hair. I think I officially have waist length hair finally. I change the length and style quite a bit but I've been enjoying it long so I let it grow. I've never been this long or even close before. Now I'm going in for a trim next week as it has been six months since the last time I had it trimmed. I didn't think it could get this long but it did! I had it in a very short bob in 2011. Edit to add, I didn't have or could not access dog pictures here on this ipad.

confession. I'm ridiculously pleased with myself over my hair growing. I But I have little control over my nails. Brittle and dry and break easily so I have to wear them short.

I guess I could add something weight related. I have maintained a 50+ pound weight loss for more than 12 years.

One advantage we ladies of diminutive stature have is our hair looks longer faster! Last year I cut about 10 inches off my hair to donate to a charity that makes wigs for children with cancer and other illnesses which cause hair loss, and I still had shoulder length hair left. I expect I'll grow it back for the next couple of years, and perhaps cut it off in one go to donate again. Gives me a sense of enormous well-being!

I cut mine off to donate two years ago! I was going to try to do it this year (I can't just let it grow without constant trims because it makes me crazy), but with the wedding next year I'd like to have some long hair options. After that though!
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

You call yourself helpful, I call you a *kitten*. :smiley:
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh man, I should've gotten contacts. The first time I tried I took about thirty minutes to get one in my eye, and when I did it burned SO bad (probably from how much I had already irritated my eye). The woman left the room to get someone to remove it for me because she didn't want to wait another thirty minutes. I thought ''NOPE. NO ONE'S TOUCHING MY EYE!'' and got it out really fast. So I guess if you have someone nearby trying to touch my eye, I would be able to do it fast. :lol: Second time I was going to try and the doctor said ''Can I convince you NOT to wear contacts?'' I paused, said ''yes,'' and didn't get them.

It's that way for most people I've talked to, took me about a week to finally get over poking myself in the eye. Now if it takes longer than 30 seconds to do both it's because I drop it in the sink lol.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ok so I’m still catching up, but hope everyone is well.

I weighed myself this morning and I’m only 2.6 lb away from a normal BMI. I know, I know BMI is junk, but at least it’s something to measure myself with. I bought a new pair of jeans and a shirt this past weekend- it was supposed to be my “reward outfit” for losing 25 lb, but I’m only 2 lb away from that and desperately needed new jeans for work. So…17 lb left to lose til my ultimate goal and today I’m actually optimistic I can do it.

AND DH decided we need a home gym, so we’re Craigslisting everything. We got a lat pulldown machine last night and we’re getting barbell, Olympic weights, bench, and rack tonight. Still working on flooring, mirrors, and lighting, but yay! I’m AMPED for this. We’re getting everything in good shape for great prices, and I’m much more likely to work out at home than drive to the gym at 9-10 pm.

Craiglist is definitely where it's at for home gym stuff! The biggest of high fives for your accomplishments!

For flooring, check out horse stall mats! Very, very durable, and generally cheaper than gym mats. :innocent: