Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

I'm sorry for your loss. I know you have been expecting this, but I'm sure you are still devastated. <3
  • marissafit06
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    It's my birthday weekend (Monday) and I am trying to not go off the rails. Last night I went to the grocery and got a pint of greek frozen yogurt & Fiber One bars some but man oh man did I want a LARGE 8pm 1/2 price Sonic shake.

It's my birthday weekend as well (Sunday)... I still haven't figured out what I want for dinner...

Happy Birthday to you both!
  • marissafit06
    Options
    My Dad passed away from cancer almost 3 years ago. My Mum has recently decided that it's time to move on as she's living alone in a big family home, I spent all morning looking around houses with her and really struggled to get her away from family houses and old couple houses (she's only 56). She's seen a lovely new townhouse as is really excited by it, it seems great for her, and we spoke to a neighbour and he was telling us what a great community it is and that they do things together. She's accepted that less space is actually a good thing and come to terms with needing to get rid of stuff. Then my brother told her she should consider other things, because it's not detached (which actually appeals to her, feeling like there are other people around) and no driveway (there are 2 parking spaces, right outside, and she only had 1 car) I was really worried that she would be having second thoughts and backtracking. I confess I was really happy when I spoke to her and she said that my brother was only thinking about things that would matter to him and that she'd done all that before and it's not what she's looking for.

ETA: the end of my post which had mysteriously disappeared.

Hopefully she does what's right for her.
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My mother decided to tell me last night that I looked like I didn't need to lose any more weight, that I looked perfectly healthy. I'm 5ft 1 and weigh 180lbs. No. She's a nurse and apparently me looking obese is perfectly okay. ARGH!!
    I am a nurse, and so many of the patients we see and care for are SO overweight that you probably TRULY look great by comparison. It is not uncommon for me to see a patient of the same height weighing 350+...
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had one chocolate martini tonight. Half way through I was lightheaded. At the bottom of the glass I was pleasantly buzzed. :blush:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession: I had one chocolate martini tonight. Half way through I was lightheaded. At the bottom of the glass I was pleasantly buzzed. :blush:

Yum
    I'm having a glass of wine when I get home.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am worried about my degu......he is old and alone. He is almost six years old and I have noticed a massive decrease in the amount he has been eating over the last two weeks (a bowl of food that normally would have lasted him four days still has a bit of food in it 12 days later)......and tonight I was snuggling with him and he was really skinny.....I am really sad thinking about the worse right now......his brother died about 11 months in and I had to force feed him for almost a month to get his out of his depression......since then he has been babied by me....I push him into the living room every morning and leave the TV on for him, and at night he comes into my bedroom and sometimes in the morning he lays in bed with me for a few hours cuddling.....I know he is old, but I don't wanna lose him :(
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I am worried about my degu......he is old and alone. He is almost six years old and I have noticed a massive decrease in the amount he has been eating over the last two weeks (a bowl of food that normally would have lasted him four days still has a bit of food in it 12 days later)......and tonight I was snuggling with him and he was really skinny.....I am really sad thinking about the worse right now......his brother died about 11 months in and I had to force feed him for almost a month to get his out of his depression......since then he has been babied by me....I push him into the living room every morning and leave the TV on for him, and at night he comes into my bedroom and sometimes in the morning he lays in bed with me for a few hours cuddling.....I know he is old, but I don't wanna lose him :(
    Ohh, sorry about that. We lost one of my son's little gerbils last year and she went just like that. I think it was cancer. Sounds like your guy may just be really sad. Would getting him a friend help, or does it not work like that with degus?
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I refuse to do any type of jumping Jack or burpee type exercise bcuz when I do my butt cheeks make this weird/awkward/embarassing (even if I'm alone) "flapping" sound :(
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Can a confession be a positive one? After 16 years of marriage I divorced. He was emotionally and verbally abusive and I didn't want our kids to think that was a normal or healthy relationship. He refused to even try to change. I asked for eight years for change. Just about a year after the divorce finalized I started dating my SO -a year ago this past February. I have not rushed. We are very similar and very compatible. In this time we have not fought. That is not to say we have not disagreed or gotten on each other's nerves. Just that we've dealt with these issues as adults and while showing each other respect. The "I love you " did not happen from me for 8 -10 months.

So I just realized today that we have something tender and sweet and wonderful and that I trust him to treat me in a loving and respectful manner no matter what is going on with him or his day. I realized that my SO is someone who I can see being a true life partner. We'll see if it goes there. I'll be ok no matter what. I'm the most healthy on all levels that I've been in many years. I'm in love with mySO and with my life.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Another confession is I can't sleep if I'm hungry. I will stay awake all night. I have stayed awake all night. A waste of perfectly good sleeping time. So I almost always eat a little bit right before bed.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Can a confession be a positive one? After 16 years of marriage I divorced. He was emotionally and verbally abusive and I didn't want our kids to think that was a normal or healthy relationship. He refused to even try to change. I asked for eight years for change. Just about a year after the divorce finalized I started dating my SO -a year ago this past February. I have not rushed. We are very similar and very compatible. In this time we have not fought. That is not to say we have not disagreed or gotten on each other's nerves. Just that we've dealt with these issues as adults and while showing each other respect. The "I love you " did not happen from me for 8 -10 months.

So I just realized today that we have something tender and sweet and wonderful and that I trust him to treat me in a loving and respectful manner no matter what is going on with him or his day. I realized that my SO is someone who I can see being a true life partner. We'll see if it goes there. I'll be ok no matter what. I'm the most healthy on all levels that I've been in many years. I'm in love with mySO and with my life.

Don't see why not, and that's a pretty good one to have.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    A lot of times, I am more motivated to work out than I am to shower afterward.

I confess to this as well. In fact, I work night shift and I did NOT shower post workout before coming in to work today. Just applied some extra deodorant and a spritz of body spray. :grimace:
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

Gettin' a different nerd on in honor of a great friend. :)
  • CountessKitteh
    edited May 2015
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I eat candy in my sleep at 5 in the morning :(

@HealthyChicksRulz , are you actually asleep and eating at the same time? My sister lost a whole bunch of weight... like 120 pounds at least and gained most of it, if not all of it, back. She says that she is "sleep eating, like waking up and she's eaten a bunch of food overnight. I wasn't sure what to make of it.

This scares the hell out of me if it's a real thing. Anyway, she locks food in the trunk of her car to keep herself from eating it overnight

I had a friend do this while she was in med school. It was all the stress.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

Let me start by saying I am not offended by music by a black artist using the N word.....I do find it odd that you, being a white male, would say the N word is not offensive because you do not give it power.....it was not your group of people that was oppressed with it....

I'm not judging, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

By your logic, I shouldn't be annoyed by people using the R-word because I'm not considered mentally deficient, but I CAN dislike anything being "bastardized" as I am a child born out of wedlock.

Serious eye roll

Hey! No judgey pants! ;)

I was honestly interested in clarifying the original statement. People have a variety of opinions, and I find people fascinating!
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I busted my butt for a year to lose the weight. Then started rewarding myself for a job well done! Now I constantly struggle with 4 - 6 lbs. Not that I can't do it, just not telling my self no. Aaaarrrrrrggghhhh!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

wonderful! :)

• marissafit06
    Options

That sounds incredible. :)
  • marissafit06
    Options
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

Let me start by saying I am not offended by music by a black artist using the N word.....I do find it odd that you, being a white male, would say the N word is not offensive because you do not give it power.....it was not your group of people that was oppressed with it....

I'm not judging, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

By your logic, I shouldn't be annoyed by people using the R-word because I'm not considered mentally deficient, but I CAN dislike anything being "bastardized" as I am a child born out of wedlock.

Serious eye roll

Hey! No judgey pants! ;)

I was honestly interested in clarifying the original statement. People have a variety of opinions, and I find people fascinating!

I actually was not judging you, just the general exchange.

I hate the rationalization of derogatory words by members of minority populations claiming to own them. Particularly with the N/F words, as though individual celebrities can speak for the feelings of millions of other people.