Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I eat candy in my sleep at 5 in the morning :(

@HealthyChicksRulz , are you actually asleep and eating at the same time? My sister lost a whole bunch of weight... like 120 pounds at least and gained most of it, if not all of it, back. She says that she is "sleep eating, like waking up and she's eaten a bunch of food overnight. I wasn't sure what to make of it.

This scares the hell out of me if it's a real thing. Anyway, she locks food in the trunk of her car to keep herself from eating it overnight
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!

I'm 26 and I still read Harry Potter. I listen to it at work almost every day. Out loud, in front of everyone.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!

I'm 26 and I still read Harry Potter. I listen to it at work almost every day. Out loud, in front of everyone.

Good choice! I fall asleep listening to them on my iPhone sometimes!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love?

Exactly!! I am a Christian and am almost embarrassed to say that at times, because we are not all homophobes! I always point out to other so called Christians that Jesus' whole message was LOVE, love everyone, not only the ones just like you.....

Amen! Sorry but I'm way behind because I took today off. I'll try not to binge post but we all know that's not happening. @Italian_Buju - It sounds like you've had a complicated life but that you've made the best of it and refused to become one of those bitter, poor me people. Kudos to you for overcoming adversity and becoming a better person and better Mom because of it! Yay you!

Why thank you......
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Have been doing really well fitting things into daily calories but decided to have TWO bowls of cereal tonight :# whoops
  • Italian_Buju
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

I have about 400 calories left for the day (stupid benefit bake sale at work with BROWNIES {plural}) Not sure I will stay in goal today! And about popcorn - I have an irrational love of popcorn!

Me too! Popcorn, I LOVE popcorn! All kinds (except that microwave crap). I love movie theater popcorn, hot air popped popcorn, and all kinds of smart food and orville ready popped...dill pickle, kettle corn, caramel, cheese, sour cream and onion....you name it, I LOVE popcorn!!

I wanted to go to the movies on Mother's Day JUST so I could eat movie theater popcorn. I love it so much but I have to have butter on it. The white cheddar Smart Pop is AMAZING and super low in calories so needless to say, it doesn't last long in our house.

We have a local candy/nut store in town and they make all sorts of amazing things. The last time I was there, I bought dark chocolate sea salt caramel popcorn. It is manna from Heaven. I will be buying more when I go back along with a few other flavors they have.

I love sweet pop corn but with all kinds of toppings, especially caramel... so I never have popcorn anymore.
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.

I have 7yo twins and I feel the same way. I don't like little kids. I don't know how to relate to them. I hate playing with them. I bear it with mine but other kids? Forget it. I'm sorta glad my kids always have playdates at other kids houses because I would have no idea what to do with guest kids... I'd probably just let them play on their own and give them snacks and ignore them the whole time (which is what my parents did with us too anyway).

I've only babysit once (with my sister and brother) and it was when I was 17 and we just popped the kids in front of the TV (let's be honest - it's the first time I was around little kids EVER). It was just to help my mom out. I remember our huge Maine Coon mix going on the lap of the 3yo. Seriously the cutest thing ever and I'll never get that image out of my mind.

My only 'friend' here is another mom so we only get together for playdates and it's just not quite the same.

Confession - this morning I wanted to have a nice healthy breakfast... but I was craving pancakes. So I got the kodiak protein mix (190 calories for 4 pancakes, 14g of protein, win/win). But I wanted chocolate, so I added some chocolate chips. Then decided to try with almond milk instead of water. Then added some sweetened ricotta and chocolate syrup. So it was basically dessert for breakfast. And it was glorious.

Second confession - I just decided to sleep in the recliner last night so I wouldn't deal with my husband's noise. Best sleep I've had in a week.

When my son was little I had kids over all the time! Seriously, he used to have this group of three boys that slept over here at least once a month, and there was always extra kids here. The summer before my daughter (adopted) came to live with me permanently she spent nearly the whole summer here playing with my son. And my friends kids were always around, I was always watching some kid or another, however, they were usually around my son's age so they would play and whatnot. It is only since my kids are grown that I feel I have low tolerance for kids. In fact, even before I had kids there were ALWAYS kids around here, I had kids I babysat from diapers to outgrowing needing a babysitter, several days a week! Maybe I got worn out lol.

Edited to add: I had so many kids here all the time that I used to keep extra toothbrushes (new of course), and PJ's for kids that might end up sleeping over suddenly......and they were used often! Several of my friends kids had their own stuff here at all times, like toothbrushes and clothes etc.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I really want to bake cookies or something but we don't have an electric mixer at the house. I feel like if I'm going to take the time and energy to bake things other people would presumably want to take, I shouldn't have to spend my money on one not matter how cheap.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

I am so very sorry for your loss......losing an animal is never easy....I pray that God sends you some comfort <3
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

So sorry for your loss, sweetie.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    nik713 wrote: »
    I am way overweight (have over 100 to lose) and I sometimes binge and purge. I am definitely an emotional eater, and there have been days I have gone overboard only to feel intense guilt, and make myself throw it up. My husband believes I do it because of the stomach issues I have. So not only do I do that, but I also lie to him about it.
    And then afterwards, I always wonder how I am supposed to track what i binged/purged.

This is very dangerous. Please seek help, I know you may think you're ok but you need to get this under control.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It's my birthday weekend (Monday) and I am trying to not go off the rails. Last night I went to the grocery and got a pint of greek frozen yogurt & Fiber One bars some but man oh man did I want a LARGE 8pm 1/2 price Sonic shake.

Well when I really crave something... buying an alternative usually doesn't work. Why can't you just fit a small Sonic shake?

I would tend to agree but to be fair it IS good FGY @ 600 calories a pint. I was satisfied afterwards (probably cuz it had been a really long time since I've had even that). I just couldn't justify it last night. But the Sonic shake IS coming and a large, too. One and done. Probably ON my birthday that I am working and hopefully commuting by bike to so I should have the calories to fit it in. I'll also be less tempted afterwards. Rather than the weekend of bad choices. lol
    It's my birthday weekend (Monday) and I am trying to not go off the rails. Last night I went to the grocery and got a pint of greek frozen yogurt & Fiber One bars some but man oh man did I want a LARGE 8pm 1/2 price Sonic shake.

Happy birthday!

Thanks! :)

And my condolences. I will repost for you the rainbow bridge poem....
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

The made me cry and happy at the same time. I do feel he and my dog and cats will be waiting for me. If not then we will just be dust. Fine too. Either way I loved him and he truly knew it. And I know he loved me unconditionally like animals do. Thanks all for the well wishes. I needed it and feel so much better for it.

Really sorry to hear about him. It's nice that he was loved and happy xx
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My Dad passed away from cancer almost 3 years ago. My Mum has recently decided that it's time to move on as she's living alone in a big family home, I spent all morning looking around houses with her and really struggled to get her away from family houses and old couple houses (she's only 56). She's seen a lovely new townhouse as is really excited by it, it seems great for her, and we spoke to a neighbour and he was telling us what a great community it is and that they do things together. She's accepted that less space is actually a good thing and come to terms with needing to get rid of stuff. Then my brother told her she should consider other things, because it's not detached (which actually appeals to her, feeling like there are other people around) and no driveway (there are 2 parking spaces, right outside, and she only had 1 car) I was really worried that she would be having second thoughts and backtracking. I confess I was really happy when I spoke to her and she said that my brother was only thinking about things that would matter to him and that she'd done all that before and it's not what she's looking for.

ETA: the end of my post which had mysteriously disappeared.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession
    I ruin songs for my teenage daughter. I sign along in a nasal voice when I feel the song is whiny. I ask too many questions about the meaning of the song or point out how sexist (or whatever it may be) the lyrics are of a particular song. I know he is talented but I change the station when I hear one popular Grammy winning singer whining about someone not being faithful. I don't mean to ruin songs for my daughter, it just happens when I point out something she stops liking the song.

For example the GDFR song that sounds like it has an oboe in it. Then it does not quite sound like and oboe but a sax. Then I go back and forth pondering what musical instrument is making that sound. It drives her nuts. But, we have a lot of similar musical tastes so when she broke her ipod and I gave her mine she didn't complain. :)

Then I think about songs I like and I could be called hypocritical. My kids knew the lyrics and sang along to Violent Femmes Blister in the Sun (for example, there are others) in early elementary school.

Confession #2
    In general I don't like violent movies but I find Grosse Point Blank hilarious.

I over-analyse song lyrics to the point of hating them. There was an admittedly crap song by a boyband over here a couple of summers ago called 'she walks like Rihanna' and it basically explained that this girl was rubbish at everything, but at least she could strut and was hot. Everyone at work would listen to it and it would wind me up so much. I kept hearing the message, 'young girls, don't worry about putting any effort into anything or developing any talents, you're hot so you'll be fine.'

Or the one that talks about how their rent is late but they're going out drinking and partying anyway? Way to be responsible, kids. You don't have a place to live, but at least you had fun for a few hours.

The one that annoys me most is older, but there are still women swooning over it - Lips of an Angel. Song about a guy sneaking around behind his gf's back, while she's home, to sweet talk his ex on the phone. It's not fuzzy and romantic.

Oh me too! I hate hate HATE that song, because of that.

Sooooo... the cotton candy Blizzard is everything AOJ said it was. Also had my first Sonic ( not the same day, lol), had caramel brownie Master Blast.

And I'll be bringing home red velvet Oreos, three kinds of Pop Tarts, and two bags of caramel puffcorn.

I'm pretending I'm bulking.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Russandol wrote: »
    Confession: I'm elated by the sharp drop in my weight during the last three days, even though it was caused by/thanks to the All-Natural Norovirus Cleanse (a.k.a. Let's Have You Throw Up Everything That Isn't Bolted Down) and therefore just water weight. :/ Today is the first time in three days that I've a) managed to eat solid food and b) managed not to have all fluids go right through me. (Sorry for TMI.) While I'm happy to be able to eat again, I'm not looking forward to gaining back some of the 2.5+ kilos I lost due to dehydration....

Me too! But the other way out.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Ditt
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    So I just found out via my boyfriend that my cousin finally O.Ded.

Can't say I am surprised, just at how suddenly it happened. I honestly expected her to live for a bit longer, but we all knew this was coming. After her suicide attempt a month ago.

Even though I'm not really "saddened" by it (because of a long history of her being a terrible person) I still find myself more concerned with her family. Her brothers are actually glad she's dead...which is awful I know, but she really did awful things to them for YEARS so I guess I can't blame them.

I'm still rather shocked, somber and weirdly I want to eat everything. I can only assume because even though I am not particular affected by this news, it is still something to be upset about as a whole.

Man... all I want is cinnamon buns, but I settled for sushi again, cause at least it'll make me feel full.

Buh...I just feel...awful. So much for a good day. Oh well, books will make me feel slightly better.

**warning - Despite my working hard to avoid it, I am very talented at putting my foot in my mouth. Please read this knowing that if it comes off sounding wrong it was not meant that way**

This is a complicated situation where there are no good answers. However you feel about it is ok, if you are fine, if you feel blah but can't put your finger on why....any or all of your feelings are normal as you process this. The OD is tragic and shocking. No matter what your cousin did or didn't do while she was alive it is tragic that a life ended that way and it is tragic that her life as she lived it was lived in a way that left people who "should" have been close to her glad to hear the news of her passing. My own personal opinion is that some grief over the person she could have been and the role she could have played in all of your lives is possible. The grieving of what "could have been" while at the same time the release from the reality of the way she was choosing to treat people is likely to cause mixed feelings. My sincerest sympathies to you and your family. I hope you all find peace and healing.

No disclaimer needed - that was really well said! @ddrhellbunny I'm sorry for your and your family's loss as well.

ditto
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry. I have no words. Just empathy.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I eat candy in my sleep at 5 in the morning :(

@HealthyChicksRulz , are you actually asleep and eating at the same time? My sister lost a whole bunch of weight... like 120 pounds at least and gained most of it, if not all of it, back. She says that she is "sleep eating, like waking up and she's eaten a bunch of food overnight. I wasn't sure what to make of it.

This scares the hell out of me if it's a real thing. Anyway, she locks food in the trunk of her car to keep herself from eating it overnight

My sister legitimately eats in her sleep. I was going to the bathroom one night and found her sat at the table eating potato chips. I said, 'Why are you eating chips? They're going to kill you.' and I kid you not, with her mouth full and spitting crumbs everywhere she told me she wasn't eating anything.

• marissafit06
    Options
    yukaputz wrote: »
    My custody battle really heated up in the last 4 weeks and I put on 6 lbs from coldstone creamery's pb&c milkshakes and too much mayo on everything but...yesterday I was awarded 5050 custody after 1.5 years of fighting for my twin daughters. I actually feel like I can breath better today... my tears of joy have dried, my praise to God for seeing me through this is still ringing... and for no reason I'm back to logging today able to make better choices for food. I don't feel the urge to glutton myself at all.

Glad to hear things worked out. :)
  • marissafit06
    Options
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

Let me start by saying I am not offended by music by a black artist using the N word.....I do find it odd that you, being a white male, would say the N word is not offensive because you do not give it power.....it was not your group of people that was oppressed with it....

I'm not judging, I'm playing Devil's Advocate.

By your logic, I shouldn't be annoyed by people using the R-word because I'm not considered mentally deficient, but I CAN dislike anything being "bastardized" as I am a child born out of wedlock.

Serious eye roll
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession I just made Chocolate Covered Katie's Cookie Dough Dip but I'll call it a mock dough since it's not actually cookie dough. I'll report back tomorrow & tell you if I liked it or thought it tasted like crap.