Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    IAmTheGlue wrote: »
    I eat candy in my sleep at 5 in the morning :(

@HealthyChicksRulz , are you actually asleep and eating at the same time? My sister lost a whole bunch of weight... like 120 pounds at least and gained most of it, if not all of it, back. She says that she is "sleep eating, like waking up and she's eaten a bunch of food overnight. I wasn't sure what to make of it.

This scares the hell out of me if it's a real thing. Anyway, she locks food in the trunk of her car to keep herself from eating it overnight

My grandfather used to sleep walk and eat. But it wad always weird stuff life salt sandwiches.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Not to be a downer bit wanted to let you all know since you have been on this journey with me that To Boldly Go (yes AOJ for Star Trek) "Oberon" passed away this morning. He was 21 and I had him for 16 years. He was my best friend and the love of my life. May he rest in peace. ♡

sorry for your loss :( cherish your memories.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

It's my birthday weekend as well (Sunday)... I still haven't figured out what I want for dinner...

Happy birthday! Have whatever you want, it is your birthday and only happens once a year :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I am worried about my degu......he is old and alone. He is almost six years old and I have noticed a massive decrease in the amount he has been eating over the last two weeks (a bowl of food that normally would have lasted him four days still has a bit of food in it 12 days later)......and tonight I was snuggling with him and he was really skinny.....I am really sad thinking about the worse right now......his brother died about 11 months in and I had to force feed him for almost a month to get his out of his depression......since then he has been babied by me....I push him into the living room every morning and leave the TV on for him, and at night he comes into my bedroom and sometimes in the morning he lays in bed with me for a few hours cuddling.....I know he is old, but I don't wanna lose him :(
    Ohh, sorry about that. We lost one of my son's little gerbils last year and she went just like that. I think it was cancer. Sounds like your guy may just be really sad. Would getting him a friend help, or does it not work like that with degus?

He has been on his own for almost five years, so he would not tolerate another animal in his cage. At the time his brother died, we thought about getting more, but were advised that we would have to get four more, as they come in pairs, and if you have three, one tends to get singled out and picked on....and five degu was a bit much, so we just decided to raise him alone and I made sure he got lots of contact. I fed him lots of extra treats last night after I posted, he ate most of them. He is still eating and drinking, just not as much, and has had a noticeable weight loss. I just gotta watch him closely for a bit....I am worried though.....
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am worried about my degu......he is old and alone. He is almost six years old and I have noticed a massive decrease in the amount he has been eating over the last two weeks (a bowl of food that normally would have lasted him four days still has a bit of food in it 12 days later)......and tonight I was snuggling with him and he was really skinny.....I am really sad thinking about the worse right now......his brother died about 11 months in and I had to force feed him for almost a month to get his out of his depression......since then he has been babied by me....I push him into the living room every morning and leave the TV on for him, and at night he comes into my bedroom and sometimes in the morning he lays in bed with me for a few hours cuddling.....I know he is old, but I don't wanna lose him :(
    Ohh, sorry about that. We lost one of my son's little gerbils last year and she went just like that. I think it was cancer. Sounds like your guy may just be really sad. Would getting him a friend help, or does it not work like that with degus?

He has been on his own for almost five years, so he would not tolerate another animal in his cage. At the time his brother died, we thought about getting more, but were advised that we would have to get four more, as they come in pairs, and if you have three, one tends to get singled out and picked on....and five degu was a bit much, so we just decided to raise him alone and I made sure he got lots of contact. I fed him lots of extra treats last night after I posted, he ate most of them. He is still eating and drinking, just not as much, and has had a noticeable weight loss. I just gotta watch him closely for a bit....I am worried though.....

Oh I am so sorry. I don't know what a degu is but will have to look it up. Can you take him to a vet!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »

It's my birthday weekend as well (Sunday)... I still haven't figured out what I want for dinner...

Happy birthday! Have whatever you want, it is your birthday and only happens once a year :)

Agreed!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Can a confession be a positive one? After 16 years of marriage I divorced. He was emotionally and verbally abusive and I didn't want our kids to think that was a normal or healthy relationship. He refused to even try to change. I asked for eight years for change. Just about a year after the divorce finalized I started dating my SO -a year ago this past February. I have not rushed. We are very similar and very compatible. In this time we have not fought. That is not to say we have not disagreed or gotten on each other's nerves. Just that we've dealt with these issues as adults and while showing each other respect. The "I love you " did not happen from me for 8 -10 months.

So I just realized today that we have something tender and sweet and wonderful and that I trust him to treat me in a loving and respectful manner no matter what is going on with him or his day. I realized that my SO is someone who I can see being a true life partner. We'll see if it goes there. I'll be ok no matter what. I'm the most healthy on all levels that I've been in many years. I'm in love with mySO and with my life.

This is so wonderful and I hope it works out for you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I confess, I want to STRANGLE and/or SET ON FIRE one particular coworker who was supposed to relieve me but called in sick. Now I have to work a mandatory 8 hours of overtime. So now I am pulling a GLORIOUS 16 hour shift, after which, I get to go home and sleep for exactly(I hope) 6.5 hours before coming back to work my regular shift again.

His illness you ask? Why it is a mere chronic condition known as DIABETES that he has been told by MULTIPLE doctors and nurses(including the ones we have on staff) how to manage and he just REFUSES to do so.

Honestly, I don't think he even ACTUALLY had a blood sugar spike. I think he just woke up late and thought "Since I'm late I might as well just call in and not show up altogether."
    Something about the words to our supervisor made me think this. The phrase was: "Oh well my blood sugar is a little high and I just don't feel like coming in today." I almost wish he hadn't had it on speakerphone...
    I can not STAND people who choose to not manage their illnesses or those who chose to use a chronic illness as an excuse.

My dog had dreams of going for a walk today. Will that happen? Nope. I had plans of a glorious workout before coming in to work tomorrow. Will THAT happen? Nope.

I knew stuff like this would happen when I took this job. Mandatory overtime. Fine. But the fact that it has happened 4 times in the 3 months I have been here? Not cool. That is just counting the times it has happened to ME and we haven't had doubles going(two people working the same shift, at the same campus, on the same day). This has also happened to the 2 other night shift PSOs.

Our own sergeant is wondering why he still has a job because he doesn't even meet expectations on his evaluations, but the system wont fire him.

I would rather work all 12 hour shifts and only get ONE day off a week if it meant his termination. I don't mind working the extra hours as long as I am well informed beforehand and can plan accordingly.

WOW
    You should just be glad you are not the one dealing with the diabetes......for you to call it a 'mere' condition alone tells me how uneducated you are on the matter.....I could write you a novel on all the problems and complications it causes but let's just cut to the chase and say it kills people. DIABETES KILLS PEOPLE.

And yes, I am well aware that I am judging this post, but seriously, how could you not.....
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Oh I am so sorry. I don't know what a degu is but will have to look it up. Can you take him to a vet!

I have taken him to the vet before (spend a small fortune on the one that died), but unless he shows serious signs of illness and needs to be put down, I do not think it would do anything.....I am just gonna make sure I spend extra time with him and try and encourage him to eat. I even have stuff I could use to force feed him, but I do not think that is the right thing to do this time as he is still eating and drinking, just getting old....
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2015
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm SO BORED today. I want to be outside in the garden but it's raining. My husband is away for work for another 8 days. My kids are all out doing their things. I feel like I should start a project but don't know what to do. I've already done my walking for the day. Thought about yoga but the studio doesn't have any more classes today. I feel like all my energy is going into my weightloss 'journey' lately (sorry, not keen on that expression) and I'm worried that I might fall off the wagon.

What do you do when you have a major case of 'BLARGHs'?

video games

You need a passion. Mine is horses. And school. And maybe work. But find something you love and put yourself out there to get involved. You will never be bored again.
    You're right. And I do have hobbies, but today nothing is doing it for me. 'I'm bored' is something my kids were never allowed to say when they were younger - I would always find them something to do, usually cleaning something! I think it's just that kind of day today. Tomorrow the rain should be gone and I have lots of outside jobs planned.
    For now, I think I hear Netflix calling my name...

When I am idle for any length of time I get incredibly depressed. I used to be so depressed in high school until I got a job. Now work and horses fill those empty spaces and I am almost never depressed although the last year I have felt a general overall depression that I think is more the stress of my job and the "I am 47 years old where is my life going" mid life crisis rather than any real depression.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I took the day off working at the barn so I could have some space to adjust to Oberon being gone and am at my Moms. I planned to work on my dissertation. It is now 11 am I read a book for several hours, checked work email and now got caught up here. I guess I need to get cracking!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I confess, I want to STRANGLE and/or SET ON FIRE one particular coworker who was supposed to relieve me but called in sick. Now I have to work a mandatory 8 hours of overtime. So now I am pulling a GLORIOUS 16 hour shift, after which, I get to go home and sleep for exactly(I hope) 6.5 hours before coming back to work my regular shift again.

His illness you ask? Why it is a mere chronic condition known as DIABETES that he has been told by MULTIPLE doctors and nurses(including the ones we have on staff) how to manage and he just REFUSES to do so.

Honestly, I don't think he even ACTUALLY had a blood sugar spike. I think he just woke up late and thought "Since I'm late I might as well just call in and not show up altogether."
    Something about the words to our supervisor made me think this. The phrase was: "Oh well my blood sugar is a little high and I just don't feel like coming in today." I almost wish he hadn't had it on speakerphone...
    I can not STAND people who choose to not manage their illnesses or those who chose to use a chronic illness as an excuse.

My dog had dreams of going for a walk today. Will that happen? Nope. I had plans of a glorious workout before coming in to work tomorrow. Will THAT happen? Nope.

I knew stuff like this would happen when I took this job. Mandatory overtime. Fine. But the fact that it has happened 4 times in the 3 months I have been here? Not cool. That is just counting the times it has happened to ME and we haven't had doubles going(two people working the same shift, at the same campus, on the same day). This has also happened to the 2 other night shift PSOs.

Our own sergeant is wondering why he still has a job because he doesn't even meet expectations on his evaluations, but the system wont fire him.

I would rather work all 12 hour shifts and only get ONE day off a week if it meant his termination. I don't mind working the extra hours as long as I am well informed beforehand and can plan accordingly.

WOW
    You should just be glad you are not the one dealing with the diabetes......for you to call it a 'mere' condition alone tells me how uneducated you are on the matter.....I could write you a novel on all the problems and complications it causes but let's just cut to the chase and say it kills people. DIABETES KILLS PEOPLE.

And yes, I am well aware that I am judging this post, but seriously, how could you not.....

I called it a chronic condition and I am fully aware that diabetes kills people.

My grandmother was diabetic, as was my Aunt Cathy and elevated glucose is not a reason to not get out of bed. It's a reason to adjust insulin and diet and get up and get moving. Lying in bed will not get the circulation to your extremities to help reduce the damage from elevated glucose.

My father is diabetic and my sister was recently diagnosed with diabetes and is already having kidney problems at the age of 24. I know the damage it can cause if it is not managed properly.

The difference between he and I is that if I had diabetes, I would DEAL with my diabetes. He is not dealing with it or attempting to manage it. If he were, then maybe he would get some sympathy. As it is, he is a lazy person who doesn't really want to work, complains when he receives feedback about how he doesn't do any work, and refuses to change his habits or adjust his attitude.

I'm sorry but he will get no sympathy from me just because he has a chronic condition that he refuses to even ATTEMPT to manage.

ETA: Setting him on fire would also kill him...
  • NerdyNix
    NerdyNix Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I refuse to do any type of jumping Jack or burpee type exercise bcuz when I do my butt cheeks make this weird/awkward/embarassing (even if I'm alone) "flapping" sound :(

Omg I thought that was just me!! So embarrassing!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym for the first time in two weeks :# don't judge me please!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'm SO BORED today. I want to be outside in the garden but it's raining. My husband is away for work for another 8 days. My kids are all out doing their things. I feel like I should start a project but don't know what to do. I've already done my walking for the day. Thought about yoga but the studio doesn't have any more classes today. I feel like all my energy is going into my weightloss 'journey' lately (sorry, not keen on that expression) and I'm worried that I might fall off the wagon.

What do you do when you have a major case of 'BLARGHs'?

video games

You need a passion. Mine is horses. And school. And maybe work. But find something you love and put yourself out there to get involved. You will never be bored again.
    You're right. And I do have hobbies, but today nothing is doing it for me. 'I'm bored' is something my kids were never allowed to say when they were younger - I would always find them something to do, usually cleaning something! I think it's just that kind of day today. Tomorrow the rain should be gone and I have lots of outside jobs planned.
    For now, I think I hear Netflix calling my name...

When I am idle for any length of time I get incredibly depressed. I used to be so depressed in high school until I got a job. Now work and horses fill those empty spaces and I am almost never depressed although the last year I have felt a general overall depression that I think is more the stress of my job and the "I am 47 years old where is my life going" mid life crisis rather than any real depression.
    I'm 47 too, and was recently down-sized due to drop in oil prices, so I have too much time on my hands. Generally I'm a pretty even keel kind of person, but I'm antsy at the moment. My husband and I are working towards buying a small farm, so I'm thinking about that a lot, but it can't happen for at least 3 years, so we're kind of in limbo.
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I have taken him to the vet before (spend a small fortune on the one that died), but unless he shows serious signs of illness and needs to be put down, I do not think it would do anything.....I am just gonna make sure I spend extra time with him and try and encourage him to eat. I even have stuff I could use to force feed him, but I do not think that is the right thing to do this time as he is still eating and drinking, just getting old....
    I think that's a wise decision. Hope you can keep him happy and comfortable.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

WOW

I called it a chronic condition and I am fully aware that diabetes kills people.

My grandmother was diabetic, as was my Aunt Cathy and elevated glucose is not a reason to not get out of bed. It's a reason to adjust insulin and diet and get up and get moving. Lying in bed will not get the circulation to your extremities to help reduce the damage from elevated glucose.

My father is diabetic and my sister was recently diagnosed with diabetes and is already having kidney problems at the age of 24. I know the damage it can cause if it is not managed properly.

The difference between he and I is that if I had diabetes, I would DEAL with my diabetes. He is not dealing with it or attempting to manage it. If he were, then maybe he would get some sympathy. As it is, he is a lazy person who doesn't really want to work, complains when he receives feedback about how he doesn't do any work, and refuses to change his habits or adjust his attitude.

I'm sorry but he will get no sympathy from me just because he has a chronic condition that he refuses to even ATTEMPT to manage.

ETA: Setting him on fire would also kill him...

How do you know he is not trying to manage it? It is a lot harder than it looks. How do you know he is not getting out of bed? Personally when my blood sugar is high, I take a shot and try and rest a bit until it goes down enough for me to be able to get up and move. Working on bringing your blood sugar down and trying to work at a job while feeling like that, is two totally different things.

You called it a MERE chronic condition.

mere1
    mir/
    adjective

the smallest or slightest.

There is NOTHING mere about diabetes, you made it sound like he called in because he had a cold sore....

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Going to the gym for the first time in two weeks :# don't judge me please!

YAY!!! I am judging that this is GREAT!! Enjoy!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Can a confession be a positive one? After 16 years of marriage I divorced. He was emotionally and verbally abusive and I didn't want our kids to think that was a normal or healthy relationship. He refused to even try to change. I asked for eight years for change. Just about a year after the divorce finalized I started dating my SO -a year ago this past February. I have not rushed. We are very similar and very compatible. In this time we have not fought. That is not to say we have not disagreed or gotten on each other's nerves. Just that we've dealt with these issues as adults and while showing each other respect. The "I love you " did not happen from me for 8 -10 months.

So I just realized today that we have something tender and sweet and wonderful and that I trust him to treat me in a loving and respectful manner no matter what is going on with him or his day. I realized that my SO is someone who I can see being a true life partner. We'll see if it goes there. I'll be ok no matter what. I'm the most healthy on all levels that I've been in many years. I'm in love with mySO and with my life.
    That's lovely. Good luck!
  • literallykeri
    literallykeri Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I ate the last of my 5 year old kid's Easter candy, and convinced him that he really didn't have that much to begin with.