Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,451 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I
    would be, and that it would be me and my dog who would get the blame.

That is when it is appropriate to teach the kids how to approach your dog. They need to understand that they need to give the dog space. Easier with the 5 yo, not sure what to do with the 2 yo.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
    I would have told her the truth, nicely. I would never lie to a friend about something like that.
    Also, I would be really pissed if someone let me walk around thinking I looked great if I looked awful.
    What wording would you have used? Particularly if she thought she looked great?

That outfit does not sit on you very well. Why don't you try (whatever suggestion or alternate clothes I might have).
    I would struggle with telling someone those things. But... I wish I had a friend like that because it makes every compliment mean that much more. ''You look good'' means you ACTUALLY look good. You become more trustworthy. I just worry about hurting peoples' feelings. :(

I once had a coworker tell me that I had toilet paper hanging out of the back of my pants (don't ask how I managed to do that one haha) & it was embarrassing at first, but it would've been even worse if customers or other coworkers seen me.

:lol: When I was in around 6th grade, I was pulled aside by a boy I barely knew. He told me (and with a straight face, not laughing or mocking at all) that I had ripped my pants pretty badly. I went to the nurse (who was my mom, conveniently) and saw that my pants were EXTREMELY ripped, showing off my whole underwear-clad butt to everyone. I don't know how long they had been like that, but that was near the end of the day. None of my friends had approached me, just this boy. For around 11 years old, he handled it maturely and was kind about the situation. I remain thankful to him :lol:

I once had a pair of jeans that ripped while I was at a major international sporting event with tens of thousands of people there. No-one in my group told me upfront (someone dropped a hint but I didn't get it), and I walked around for half the day with this giant rip in the butt of my jeans. Thank goodness I was wearing a decent pair of underwear that day.
  • clover157
    clover157 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I really don't get American cereal... Marshmallows? It seems so weird to me. We have sweet cereal here in Australia - Fruit Loops, Coco Puffs, Frosties....- but Americans have such a range of random cereals!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    sb011407 wrote: »
    I eat Nutella straight from the jar and as I am standing up I don't class it as food lol

Standing-up food definitely doesn't count as food.

So, I shouldn't count the jar of peanut butter I finished off by myself last week because I was standing while I was eating it straight out of the jar?
    :smiley:
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
    I would have told her the truth, nicely. I would never lie to a friend about something like that.
    Also, I would be really pissed if someone let me walk around thinking I looked great if I looked awful.

That outfit does not sit on you very well. Why don't you try (whatever suggestion or alternate clothes I might have).
    I would struggle with telling someone those things. But... I wish I had a friend like that because it makes every compliment mean that much more. ''You look good'' means you ACTUALLY look good. You become more trustworthy. I just worry about hurting peoples' feelings. :(

I once had a coworker tell me that I had toilet paper hanging out of the back of my pants (don't ask how I managed to do that one haha) & it was embarrassing at first, but it would've been even worse if customers or other coworkers seen me.

:lol: When I was in around 6th grade, I was pulled aside by a boy I barely knew. He told me (and with a straight face, not laughing or mocking at all) that I had ripped my pants pretty badly. I went to the nurse (who was my mom, conveniently) and saw that my pants were EXTREMELY ripped, showing off my whole underwear-clad butt to everyone. I don't know how long they had been like that, but that was near the end of the day. None of my friends had approached me, just this boy. For around 11 years old, he handled it maturely and was kind about the situation. I remain thankful to him :lol:

I once had a pair of jeans that ripped while I was at a major international sporting event with tens of thousands of people there. No-one in my group told me upfront (someone dropped a hint but I didn't get it), and I walked around for half the day with this giant rip in the butt of my jeans. Thank goodness I was wearing a decent pair of underwear that day.
    Oh man, it must have been embarrassing once you figured it out. I'm sorry! If I have a rip in my pants, I want somebody to tell me. There was also a day where I wore a light white shirt to school. This was before I wore bras, but already had boobs (developed early). I noticed all the guys making obscene gestures and sticking their tongues out at me, and FINALLY (half way through the day) my friend told me my shirt was see-through. My nipples were on display for everyone :neutral: At least that was far back enough so I don't cringe about it.

EDIT: I've had almost a full bottle of wine, so I apologize for weird spelling mistakes and whatnot. I already caught a couple.
    EDIT2: Hurray for decent underwear ;)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    sb011407 wrote: »
    I eat Nutella straight from the jar and as I am standing up I don't class it as food lol

Standing-up food definitely doesn't count as food.

So, I shouldn't count the jar of peanut butter I finished off by myself last week because I was standing while I was eating it straight out of the jar?
    :smiley:
    No no no! Peanut butter or jam straight out of the jar, with the cupboard/fridge door open, definitely doesn't count. Also because I would feel weird just putting spoonfuls of jam in a bowl and eating them, though.

• Eignara
    Eignara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I watch workout videos on Youtube, I'm never flexible enough to do the moves or I just can't figure out how to do it. My body just won't, and I get too tired before the video ends. Usually, they are about 15 minutes long. Then I get discouraged and go to sleep :/
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Ok, I get it, but I don't think I could ever say that to someone who wasn't asking for an opinion. I bought a new dress yesterday which I love and feel great in. I wore it to a family party last night and several people said nice things about it and how I looked in it. I would have been pretty upset if someone had pulled me aside and told me it looked bad.
    Ok, I am gonna confess that I might not even be that nice about it......

It might go something more like this:

Friend walks into the room in new outfit

Me: WTF is up with that outfit? It's terrible, did the place not have mirrors??

I can be pretty crass about such things to be quite honest.....
    On the flip side, if something looks good, I will say so, and everybody knows I mean it.

Perhaps it does not come off on this thread, but I am known to be quite blunt and straight forward.....about looks, behaviors and opinions.....however, when I say looks, I do not mean I am shallow.....I do not judge anyone for things they cannot control. I only mean when someone clearly is an error in judgement, like having fat rolls hanging out the bottom of your shirt, or being filthy all the time etc.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

I would have lost my mind on those friends! LOST MY MIND!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Has anyone watched that new show The Briefcase?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    B)
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I feel so woefully behind that there was no way I'd every catch up. :disappointed:

I ended up with some urinary infection (which after straight cranberry juice (like 7g of sugar straight) and antibiotics, I think I've managed to kick it!

Also, I went to my brother-in-law's birthday party which was a bonfire and managed to get drunk off of two drinks. I had to drink A LOT of water and eat what I could to sober up (which I did) because I was the DD. I drove everyone home, got his support with my anorexia, and then made the hour drive home.

After four hours of sleep I ran a 10k (came in FIRST in my age group).

I did struggle this week for a couple of days with body image and was spiraling (I kept leaving the gym crying). But I think I'm needing more rest, because after a good night's sleep, I was in a better space.

Today I wore a swimsuit for the first time in around four years and a two piece since I was like, 2? lol. It's a tankini, but I'm looking for a monokini. It felt good to swim again. :smiley:
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Huh. I was thinking something completely different, but couldn't figure out how it related to food or weight loss.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    My confession is that when I first started reading the forums I was very confused that I kept seeing CICO all over the place. Cico (pronounced Tea co) is the name of our adopted cat. It took me about a week to learn what it actually means, and I felt like such an idiot.

It took me forever to know what NSV & Doms meant.

There are still sometimes that people post something that is slang or abbreviated & I have to look it up on Google.

I know what NSV is after asking what is Doms?

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

Huh. I was thinking something completely different, but couldn't figure out how it related to food or weight loss.

LOL :D well, I mean... that is one definition...
  • pearso21123
    Options

I would want to be told. Preferably by someone I know loves me, regardless. My husband always lets me know if something doesn't look good on me. I value his opinion, especially since he's really the only person I care to impress. But, I still get my daughters' opinions as back-up verification. They have NO trouble telling me the truth.
  • pearso21123
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So slow on the week end here. I'm bored!!!

Confession - I'm probably going to end up messing my calf up but I can't stand being home all day without doing anything, so I'm going to the gym to walk on the treadmill (too hot outside) for the 3rd day in a row...

Confession - I decided against it. Totally slacking instead.

Ugh. I don't know. I'd want to know, I think, but that would hurt my feelings too. You can't win...

That is true.

When I told my mom about the customer who said I should eat a cheeseburger she said well would you have wanted him to say stop eating cheeseburgers if you were fat?

I was like touche.

Now if she were dressed in something that could end up on People Of Wal-Mart then you would be doing her a favor.

I love People of Walmart. It makes me feel better about myself. I say to myself, "At least I don't look THAT bad."
  • greekthor
    greekthor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just before I truly started my weight loss, I was going about it the wrong way by just starving myself and then binging late at night...I ate an entire kilo of pasta salad, 2 tubs of Yogo and a container of corn relish dip with a pack of bagel crisps....I have never been so ashamed or ill.. Well glad that's over with.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess that although I've been feeling this way for a while now (not sure why) I lost all interest in continuing to work at my current job yesterday while talking to the owner of my company. It's not even that I want a DIFFERENT job, I just don't want to work. at all. period. Honestly, if it weren't for the benefits I get (really inexpensive insurance, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 sick/personal days, free fitness center, and a pretty decent wage), I would quit and be a SAHM even though my daughter is 13.

Brings to mind this scene from Office Space:

On what he'd do if he had a million dollars:

Peter: "I would relax...I would sit on my @ss all day...I would do nothing."

Lawrence: "Well, you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin: he's broke, don't do *kitten*!"

Well, it DOES feel good to be a gangsta. And more than one occasion, I've wanted to take a Louisville Slugger to our copier at work.

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,721 Member
    Options
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

I don't plan on finding out. I'm a bit of a prude, so no hanky panky for us outside our room and most likely on the bed only. I'm quite boring. My poor, poor husband.

This actually surprises me...

Really?! Why?!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just bought an inexpensive Android phone to use until my iPhone upgrade kicks in in October due to losing my purse today along with everything I use everyday. :#

I HATE this temporary phone.