Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Just to throw this out there, I've actually dropped 2 pant sizes! I'm now able to COMFORTABLY fit into a 14, when I've been a 16-17 since having my kid....nearly 3 years ago..

I've been stalking Pinterest looking at work outfits because I want to be able to rock some new ones by January, dammit!

Oh, kiddo's birthday party is next Saturday, (all the foods will be eaten that day) and we're heading to the beach that Sunday for her birthday trip. I'm not sure if I'm ready to venture out swimsuit shopping, even though I need a new one....

Woo Hoo!!!
    Well, thank you! :smile:
    I really want to lose this weight by January so one of my coworkers will stop talking about it. The words "you'd be a pretty girl if you'd lose some of that weight" were spoken and they've stuck with me ever since.....

Congrats on your weight loss. But unfortunately I don't think it will matter how much weight you lose, your co-worker will still be rude!
    Yeah, she's very outspoken and opinionated. Hopefully I can at least take the weight comments out of the equation lol. And thanks! :smile:
    I'm currently drinking a $5 cup of coffee, I love Starbucks but oh my god it's pricey (at least for me lol)!

It really is. I was going to Second Cup (Canadian coffee shop) and getting tea lattes, they are over$5. Now I go to Tim Horton's and get a delicious tea for under $2. Less money and way less calories, so I feel less guilty about stopping a couple times a week.
    I am astonished that coffee places can charge as much as they do for basically hot water. Even $2 is too much, in my opinion. *waving old lady stick!*

It's a steeped tea, made with whole leaf tea, so I'll buy it. However I refuse to just buy "regular" tea there, because they charge you $1 and they don't even put the tea bag in the cup!

I liked steeped tea but find Tim's is not strong enough.....it tastes like hot water with a brown crayon dipped it in lol
    Agree. It also tastes of cardboard. I like proper china cups!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!
    I'm 47 and also a huge fan (books though - movies are ok but not as good).
    Are you in the Hogwarts challenge?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    About cilantro: I love it more than life. I put it in EVERYTHING.Onions too. And lemon. And tomatoes. And garlic. I love heavily seasoned food--I'm such a typical Arab. ;)
    I must be a typical Arab too - I also love all those foods!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    cranor130 wrote: »
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.

You are not terrible! Do what makes you happy! You will change your mind when you are a grandma! I sure did!
    I also am not crazy about other people's little kids. I'll love grandchildren though!
  • seosaimhin
    seosaimhin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I cry so easily and I hate myself for it and I constantly embarrass myself because of this. I wish I could control it.
    I used to go in to the office and when my boss said Good Morning I would burst into tears for no known reason. For me it's severe anxiety - please consider seeing a doctor - feeling out of control is so suck and my heart is with you!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(

I'm so sorry to hear that. This is exactly how I am at work at the moment as well. Hugs!
    Hoping you both feel better soon. Here are some happy goats for you:
    2d6k3t1sg63l.gif

• Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

Why is there even a "lemon water thread" ??
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    I have a little over 1000 calories left for the day and I'm afraid that won't be enough for dinner plus any road snacks later. Since we're traveling, I really have no idea what's for dinner. And I know I could make healthyish choices anywhere, but, come on, we all know I'm not going to do that nonsense. AND I'm already planning on eating popcorn in the hotel tonight because I can share the bag with my daughter since she got her braces off yesterday.

Also, I have ZERO motivation to do any actual work-work today. I'd rather be on here. Although, I did venture in the lemon water thread and those people are MEAN. I like it here. I feel safe.

Why is there even a "lemon water thread" ??

Because people get bored on Fridays and ask questions they know will get all the usual suspects' panties in a twist.
  • Mcd9006
    Mcd9006 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Triplestep wrote: »
    I haven't eaten dinner yet. I have about 555 calories left in my day, and I'm about to spend them all on popcorn and pinot grigio. :wink:
    Oh I so do this too.

• Sch614
    Options
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.

I feel like shape wear, leggings etc is worse for my self esteem than trying on bathing suits! And I'm convinced that kohls has one evil mirror that I found today that makes people ( or maybe just me!) look very large! Not sure of their motivation though!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Confession: I would use a bit of coconut oil in cooking...if I could get the damn jar open. XD

I've gotten it open once or twice, but now it's a lost cause. lol.

Next time you get it open put it in Tupperware :)

...and use some of it to pop some popcorn. Coconuty salty popcorn.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.

No way are you terrible. I do have young kids still, and I am not really a fan of most other kids. I only babysit for a very select group lol.
  • seosaimhin
    seosaimhin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Confession: Sometimes I go to pro-ana sites and wish I looked like they do.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »

I feel like shape wear, leggings etc is worse for my self esteem than trying on bathing suits! And I'm convinced that kohls has one evil mirror that I found today that makes people ( or maybe just me!) look very large! Not sure of their motivation though!!
    I'd like to think that's the case, but doesn't it normally go the other way?
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Yes! I love the sports bras with clasps. So much easier to get on and off.
  • Sch614
    Options
    I have a 10K tomorrow that I have not trained for, and it's supposed to rain. If my mom and sister were not also signed up, I would totally bail. Not going to be a fun race.

Good luck! Do you normally run? Maybe the excitement of the race and spectators will get your adrenaline going and the miles wil fly by. Here's hoping!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I have been busy this week with work and after work activities that I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Today I had my gall bladder out (currently in the recovery room) and figured now was as good as time as any to get caught up as i am reading posts from monday morning.

Speedy recovery!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Yes! I love the sports bras with clasps. So much easier to get on and off.
    udhtwdnr71ui.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!
    I'm 47 and also a huge fan (books though - movies are ok but not as good).
    Are you in the Hogwarts challenge?

Definitely a book fan and not the movies! I have them all but haven't watched them in years they don't even come close to the books! No I'm not, what is that?!