Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Update on the biopsy, they got the results really fast... and there is no cancer - no concerns! WooHoo! Now time for my weekend to begin.

That is FANTASTIC news! I'm really happy and relieved for you. Enjoy your weekend.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

It really isn't :disappointed:

OMG reminded me - in the Bahamas last week, hubby was snorkeling and snorkeled right up on a couple having sex in the water! LOL!

Ahahahahaha! Whoops. Who was more embarrassed, him, or them? :smiley:

ETA: That won't be happening either.

It probably was not him, he is somewhat of a voyeur.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Update on the biopsy, they got the results really fast... and there is no cancer - no concerns! WooHoo! Now time for my weekend to begin.

That is FANTASTIC news! I'm really happy and relieved for you. Enjoy your weekend.

Thanks, it is a relief for sure.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

It really isn't :disappointed:

OMG reminded me - in the Bahamas last week, hubby was snorkeling and snorkeled right up on a couple having sex in the water! LOL!

Ahahahahaha! Whoops. Who was more embarrassed, him, or them? :smiley:

ETA: That won't be happening either.

It probably was not him, he is somewhat of a voyeur.

Well, okay then.

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

That's fantastic news!!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Does walking around target get considered exercise? ;)

Yay. That must be a huge relief. Have a great weekend.

e
    ETA quote failure with the Target quote. I hate doing this ony phone.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Confession: I hate Facebook. Why does everyone feel the need to emotionally vomit everything they can possibly think of that happens in their life all over the feeds? Does nothing in life remain private anymore? :-/

Editing to add: I'm obviously not dissing this confession thread--I love this thing. I'm referring to the people who like to air all of their dirty laundry and that of their family in public for all to see. I find it extremely distasteful.

I have a cousin who posts crap all the time. She's the attention seeker type, so she'll post something like "Worst day ever" or "I'm so done", and then people ask what's wrong and she'll reply "I don't want to talk about it". SOOOOOOO ANNOYING!

Are we related? I have a cousin that does the same thing! Only then she'll post something like "I wish people would mind their own business"

We might be!! Mine does the same thing.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! What a relief for you!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrustion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

Anyhow, she finally left last night. And this morning, the first thing I did when I woke up? I went to the bathroom to pee and yelled out to my husband (who was still in bed, trying to sleep), "HEY, HUSBAND! LOOK AT ME, I'M PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN! JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA. TAKE THAT, [PERSON]!" ;)

I may be a little strange... My husband definitely thinks so.

Funny! I pee with the door open ONLY when I'm home alone.

Me too. But I might have done exactly as @Susieq_1994 did, just to make a point. I would hate to have another person (except the SO) living in my home.

Sometimes I don't even like having the door open when I'm home alone because the dogs stare at me. I think they're jealous that I get to go potty indoors and they can't.

Oh yes this! If I don't close the door so it latches Wilbur will push it in and then *kitten* his head and look at me all funny like "How come you're doing that inside?"

Aw I love when dogs do that! They turn their heads and their ears perk up kind like in a "huh?!" Way. I want a puppy so bad :'(

How come you can't have one? Waiting to resolve your Ohio vs England living dilemma?

That's kind of part of it but the main reason is I work 7 to 4 and then go to the gym so I don't get home until around 6:30 and at that point I just want a shower, dinner, my couch, and Netflix! Plus my apartment is the size of a shoe box so not only would I feel bad leaving a dog home alone all day but it would seriously have no where to go! One day I will have one!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Just have to share, I had an add for Pure Protein Bars on my homepage. Why does MFP want me to have diarrhea? :/
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    arv51862 wrote: »
    Wow, This is a tough one but it will feel good to get the 'secret' off my chest...
    My profile pic, It's not really me...
    Whewwww, I feel better already ! =)

Your honesty has inspired me... in the interests of full disclosure, I have to share that mine isn't me either.

I refuse to accept this.

Damn. Anonymity... out the window.

After today I have 6 days' vacation. I have to admit that I'm getting a little anxious about being offline for long periods and 90 gazillion new posts appearing on this thread.

Plus I'll miss all of you. :/

Awesome! We'll miss you too! Where are you going? Sorry, if you said and I missed it.

I only kinda mentioned vaguely that I'd be in the US again... at the end of next week we're doing a short road trip to Minneapolis.

But my SO is back now (as of this morning) so I'll have a lot less online time.

Speaking of which, I'm sitting here all butt-hurt because he didn't come and see me when he got back into town. Normally he'd stop by my work for a 5-minute visit because we've been apart for TWO FREAKIN' WEEKS but this time he didn't... said he didn't feel like dealing with road construction, wtf? I manage to drive through the same construction zone every day, sometimes twice a day, without complaining, and there IS an easy alternate route. So having a little pity party all by myself right now... and feeling stupid about letting it get to me.

Not stupid at all. I'd feel the same way. You may ask him about it when you see him, but if it's just a one-time thing and he seems stressed about other things, then I'm sure it was just the traffic. Either way, enjoy your vacation and you will be missed!

I think I will say something... in the proper "I felt..." terminology. It's just that the construction thing sounded like a really lame excuse because it's seriously no big deal -- single lane traffic for a couple of blocks, not even any flaggers.

OTOH, clearly I'm not in a good headspace emotionally today because I just had a meltdown in the card shop trying to pick out a Father's Day card. There seems to be a surfeit of "you've always been so wonderful" "you've always been there for me" "you've always loved me" cards this year. And they just don't work for me.

Try the ones that are meant to be from little kids with printed writing instead of script. Simpler should help.

The little kid ones seemed to be all about fart jokes and BBQing and sports, none of which fit.

I usually do well at the dollar store, something with a nice majestic buck or a sailboat, and "have a wonderful day, Dad". Plain. Simple. But then I felt guilty about only spending $1 on a card, thought I'd try for a better card this year.

This is what I'd buy my dad haha. My family is not known for expressing our feelings well.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Just have to share, I had an add for Pure Protein Bars on my homepage. Why does MFP want me to have diarrhea? :/
    It doesn't. It wants you to cleanse.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Great news!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Bahaha I think you and @BZAH10 are the witty ones of the group! You ladies keep me laughing so hard!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

Yeah... I made some. Ate the whole thing (seriously, a whole cauliflower plus all the toppings etc). I managed to make myself sick of it after one attempt. Go me.

Still love cauliflower but nope that way anymore LOL.

Trying to catch up... you all have been busy. I went to see Jurassic World instead of working out. Then got home, made myself a huge salad... and had 3 cookies and 2 squares of chocolate. Should still be within my calories though (there's a school party with food trucks tonight but I'm having dinner before going, I don't need a 1200 calories meal).

I have made a curry cauliflower dish for years but I have not made it for while. I'm going to have to fix that problem soon.

Recipe? Pretty please?

Has anyone else been getting randomly added by people you've never interacted with in the forums or anywhere? I find it annoying, especially because my profile is designed to avert friend-collecting friend requests. They don't even bother to leave a message with the request, which means they probably didn't even read my profile... So why add me at all? :-/

I have no idea how having friends on here even works. I had one person send me a request after reading my first post on this thread...but I've never seen her post in here since responding to that post of mine. I've gotten a few random ones with no messages. I only accepted the one from this thread although we don't ever interact so I don't get it?? And I'm too shy to send any...
  • Glinda1971
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm a bit behind but had to chime in on the road rage thing. Apparently it's no joke these days. Last year there was an incident where a father and son were being tailgated by someone for quite awhile so they pulled into the parking lot of my gym (not necessarily for any type of confrontation I don't think, just to let the guy pass), but the guy followed them into the parking lot and SHOT them. The son actually died. Way too many crazies these days.

That is absolutely awful! I've gotten angry at other drivers on more than one occasion...but I can't imagine someone being so angry that they feel the need to shoot/kill someone!
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

I love hot sauce too! I use apple cider vinegar, hot sauce, and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb spice as my salad dressing every day. And hot sauce goes on pretty much everything else too! I use a bottle of it every week...just for myself.
    I've been doing pretty much the same thing- yesterday I ate a big bowl of spinach and cucumbers with hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and some spices that I randomly threw in. The good thing about that meal/snack is that it was virtually no calories at all, and I find it so delicious.

Yes, same! I pair my salad with that "dressing", an egg white/cheese pita sandwich, and raw veggies dipped in spicy mustard for my lunch every day and it's 190-220 calories (depending on which/how much veggies I have) and keeps me full!!! Love it.

I would probably get eaten for ever daring to promote a cauliflower substitution for ANYTHING in the main forums, but what's probably my most favorite meal on the planet right now is mixed fried cauliflower "rice". It's the only thing I've ever tasted in which cauliflower actually tastes like/has the texture of the real thing, and I can eat a bowl the size of my head for less than 400 calories. I'm seriously in love with it. It is SO GOOD. *drool*

Yeah... I made some. Ate the whole thing (seriously, a whole cauliflower plus all the toppings etc). I managed to make myself sick of it after one attempt. Go me.

Trying to catch up... you all have been busy. I went to see Jurassic World instead of working out. Then got home, made myself a huge salad... and had 3 cookies and 2 squares of chocolate. Should still be within my calories though (there's a school party with food trucks tonight but I'm having dinner before going, I don't need a 1200 calories meal).

I have made a curry cauliflower dish for years but I have not made it for while. I'm going to have to fix that problem soon.

Recipe? Pretty please?

Has anyone else been getting randomly added by people you've never interacted with in the forums or anywhere? I find it annoying, especially because my profile is designed to avert friend-collecting friend requests. They don't even bother to leave a message with the request, which means they probably didn't even read my profile... So why add me at all? :-/

I have no idea how having friends on here even works. I had one person send me a request after reading my first post on this thread...but I've never seen her post in here since responding to that post of mine. I've gotten a few random ones with no messages. I only accepted the one from this thread although we don't ever interact so I don't get it?? And I'm too shy to send any...

I'll send you a friend request. Then I'll like the stuff that posts on your wall.

But you don't have to accept it, that's ok too.

I like having friends. The more the merrier.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrustion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

Anyhow, she finally left last night. And this morning, the first thing I did when I woke up? I went to the bathroom to pee and yelled out to my husband (who was still in bed, trying to sleep), "HEY, HUSBAND! LOOK AT ME, I'M PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN! JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA. TAKE THAT, [PERSON]!" ;)

I may be a little strange... My husband definitely thinks so.

Totally get it and I'm not that anti-social. Sometimes you just need your space back! My husband thinks I'm a weirdo too (in a good way)!

Three weeks is WAY too long!! I would cry. Even two days is too much for me.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Bahaha I think you and @BZAH10 are the witty ones of the group! You ladies keep me laughing so hard!
    Oh, you're such a sweetheart. :)

Someone earlier mentioned sewing patterns - I can't go back and find it now, but thought I'd leave this here for them:
    v54n1f54w5sp.gif

• LBuehrle8
    Options

Recipe? Pretty please?

I get a ton of random ones-from where I have no clue! I deny all those because while I like having friends on here of course but it's easier accepting friends requests from people you know from threads because then at least you know who they are and what they're about :)
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 when you're on the app you can't read anyone's profile so maybe that's why people are sending you requests.

I read your profile when I was on the computer and didn't send you one because you said you had enough.