Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys, I have a terrible, terrible confession. It may shock some of you who have known me for a while, but I think it's time to come clean.

The fact is... I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!". And I like it. *hangs head in shame*

... I actually feel the need to defend this confession. I don't think it tastes like butter! I just like the taste... I use it like it's some exotic cream cheese spread or something...

Woah - talk about an unexpected confession from a baker! ;) I assume baked good get real butter, right?

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just s
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Great job!!!!!!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

Congrats!!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

AWESOME! Congratulations!! :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrustion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

Anyhow, she finally left last night. And this morning, the first thing I did when I woke up? I went to the bathroom to pee and yelled out to my husband (who was still in bed, trying to sleep), "HEY, HUSBAND! LOOK AT ME, I'M PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN! JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA. TAKE THAT, [PERSON]!" ;)

I may be a little strange... My husband definitely thinks so.

Funny! I pee with the door open ONLY when I'm home alone.

Me too. But I might have done exactly as @Susieq_1994 did, just to make a point. I would hate to have another person (except the SO) living in my home.

Sometimes I don't even like having the door open when I'm home alone because the dogs stare at me. I think they're jealous that I get to go potty indoors and they can't.

Oh yes this! If I don't close the door so it latches Wilbur will push it in and then *kitten* his head and look at me all funny like "How come you're doing that inside?"

Aw I love when dogs do that! They turn their heads and their ears perk up kind like in a "huh?!" Way. I want a puppy so bad :'(
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Okay, you guys, I have a terrible, terrible confession. It may shock some of you who have known me for a while, but I think it's time to come clean.

The fact is... I use "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!". And I like it. *hangs head in shame*

... I actually feel the need to defend this confession. I don't think it tastes like butter! I just like the taste... I use it like it's some exotic cream cheese spread or something...

Woah - talk about an unexpected confession from a baker! ;) I assume baked good get real butter, right?

Oh, definitely. When I was a new baker and a calorie-saving fanatic, I tried it. Never. Again. Not worth it! My baked goods are SPECIAL, my friends. They require real everything! ;)

And I know, shocking, right?! The things you learn about people you thought you knew... :p
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Too many posts already to try to quote so thanks, all!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Confession: I mentioned before that we had some family issues going on that were making me more stressed and depressed than usual. Because of those, we had an uninvited and unexpected houseguest staying in our tiny apartment for the last three weeks, and I seriously resented the intrustion on my privacy--I'm horribly antisocial and hate being around people--especially strange people--for long amounts of time, and having one in my "safe place" was killing me.

Anyhow, she finally left last night. And this morning, the first thing I did when I woke up? I went to the bathroom to pee and yelled out to my husband (who was still in bed, trying to sleep), "HEY, HUSBAND! LOOK AT ME, I'M PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN! JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA. TAKE THAT, [PERSON]!" ;)

I may be a little strange... My husband definitely thinks so.

Funny! I pee with the door open ONLY when I'm home alone.

Me too. But I might have done exactly as @Susieq_1994 did, just to make a point. I would hate to have another person (except the SO) living in my home.

Sometimes I don't even like having the door open when I'm home alone because the dogs stare at me. I think they're jealous that I get to go potty indoors and they can't.

Oh yes this! If I don't close the door so it latches Wilbur will push it in and then *kitten* his head and look at me all funny like "How come you're doing that inside?"

Aw I love when dogs do that! They turn their heads and their ears perk up kind like in a "huh?!" Way. I want a puppy so bad :'(

How come you can't have one? Waiting to resolve your Ohio vs England living dilemma?
  • KarolSakosik
    KarolSakosik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious, what is the purpose of the trash bag?

I sweat like a dog. (lol not literally) I wore them my first time around when I was losing weight.

But you're not loosin your fat but water! Loosing weight is not about sweating, you can loose without single drop.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Your sims can die by all kinds of normal things, like old age, or a house fire. If, for whatever reason, you want to kill one off, you can help them along. In the one you quoted, I did it by locking them in a room with no door so they couldn't escape, couldn't eat or bathe. It's not the best way to do it, because it takes forever. After they die, the grim reaper appears, and you have a chance to beg for their life with another sim. If you don't, or if that doesn't work, you end up with a little urn of ashes, or you can place it outside and it turns into a gravestone. After that, the ghost of the dead person will wander around the house at night, which is a good thing if you have sims who want to see ghosts, or a bad thing, if you have a sim who has an anxiety disorder.
    W. T. H. ?!!!

OMG

Holy crap!

I already found the concept of Sim-dom to be interesting, when I first heard of such, many years ago -- however, this is another freakin' ballgame, I do declare... the aforementioned 'choreographed nightmare' (lol :) ), which offers disturbingly informative clarifying detail (if ever there were a time when being horrified, while simultaneously thanking someone (for the explanation therein), were ever to be relevant, then this would be it! lol :smiley: ), could perhaps be seen as being (and among the so many Sim-specific 'alternate universe' -type incarnations one could concoct) a kind of Sim AfterLife Soap Opera Channel (or so it would seem (and with Lifestyles of the Paranormal thrown in, to boot!)) -- whereby one can be writer, producer, director, and all-out 'puppetmaster'... and of the whole shebang!

...Sims with anxiety disorders?! ...Sims who are 'into' ghosts?! ...locking the poor things in a room, and with no means of escape?!

What have they not thought of?!! (and by they, I'm referring to the Sim creators (as in, the Sim creator-creators (but not creators of actual creators -- but creators of that which the secondary 'creators' will virtually create (how much more convoluted could I make this?! ;) )), and not the player-based Sim creators (as in, orchestrators of virtual horrors :open_mouth: ) )...

Oh, my... the Nightmare on Elm Street -esque 'rules of engagement' found in the realm of Sim-specific 'realities' could plausibly 'facilitate' the development of a sleep disorder, or some such form of 'reverb' -like negative consequence (or so it would seem), when it comes to being the master of said domain (who would have dreamed that a Seinfeldian reference might happen to 'fall out of nowhere', in a brief bit of commentary about virtual worlds (that's it! that's what *I'll* do! -- I'll recreate Seinfeld episodes in a Sim world! (which now has me wondering -- is there any way to have a Sim character 'enter a room' ala Kramer-from-Seinfeld's bursting-through-a-door-only-to-suddenly-arrest-momentum-and-immediately-engage-in-seemingly-casual-movement-and-interaction-and-as-though-nothing-unusual-had-just-happened -- ? ;) )))...

Paranormal investigator is one of the available professions (this is all for Sims 3, there's a Sims 4 now and not everything is the same). Your job is to run around and night and catch ghosts in other people's houses.
    ...is there a Sims police force at play (no pun intended) -- ? -- is there a chance that anyone trying to catch a ghost in someone else's house could be charged with B&E (?)... (I have no idea to what 'limit' the game gets taken, in the context of any of so many potential (and virtualized) 'realities'...)

The kidnapping challenge is pretty out there - your goal is to lock up your neighbors in your basement with a door only you are allowed to use (instead of killing them off, you give them a kitchen and bathroom).
    Whoa... (who thinks of this stuff?!)

The 100 baby challenge is a lot of social engineering, too.
    Holy crap... I can only imagine...

...it'd also be an unexpected form of 'training' for a '100 Babies and Counting' -type reality show (or so it would seem)... (are there any 'reality shows' in the land of Sims? (and do any Sims have their own Sims (?), such that a 'game within a game' is possible?))...

Yep, there are police. If you have all of the expansions for Sims 3, these are the available careers:
    Acrobat
    Angler
    Alchemist
    Architect
    Art Appraiser
    Astronomer
    Athlete
    Band member
    Robotics Engineer
    Business
    Criminal
    Culinary
    Daycare
    Education
    Fashion
    Film
    Firefighter
    Fortune Teller
    Game Developer
    Gardener
    Ghost Hunter
    Horseman
    Inventor
    Investigator
    Journalist
    Police
    Lifeguard
    Magician
    Medicine
    Military
    Musician
    Wine Maker ( they call it nectar)
    Painter
    Photographer
    Politician
    Scientist
    Scuba Diver
    Sculptor
    Singer
    Sports Agent
    Writer
    Retail
    Beautician/Tattoo Artist
    Alien Test Subject

No reality shows, but they do have a fame system, and when you're famous enough, the paparazzi follow you around. Occasionally they write something scandalous, true or not, and your reputation with the entire town drops. You can then sue for defamation.

I shut off the paparazzi because I was so annoyed with them
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Too many posts already to try to quote so thanks, all!

CONGRATS!! WOOHOO!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I noticed that there are rare times in the Sims when a character becomes stuck and you can no longer play as them.

I had a family who was having a lot of kids. One time they had twin girls. In the Sims when you have twins, sometimes the family will put one of the babies down on the floor as they prepare to welcome the second baby. They put the first baby on the floor, alright, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get anyone to pick it up. It became stuck there, like a piece of furniture. While all the kids grew up and moved out, and the parents became grandparents (and eventually died), the baby remained on the floor... just looking around contentedly. It didn't die and it didn't age.

.... :neutral:

CTRL+SHIFT+C then type "resetsim name" and press enter. You enter their first & last name after 'resetsim'. It works for adults, it might work for babies too.
  • missmeganmiranda
    missmeganmiranda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I log breathing, sleeping, and fidgeting in my exercise
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I noticed that there are rare times in the Sims when a character becomes stuck and you can no longer play as them.

I had a family who was having a lot of kids. One time they had twin girls. In the Sims when you have twins, sometimes the family will put one of the babies down on the floor as they prepare to welcome the second baby. They put the first baby on the floor, alright, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get anyone to pick it up. It became stuck there, like a piece of furniture. While all the kids grew up and moved out, and the parents became grandparents (and eventually died), the baby remained on the floor... just looking around contentedly. It didn't die and it didn't age.

.... :neutral:

That is SO weird. One of my characters developed a glitch, and every few seconds she would lift her arm into newborn-holding position. It looked like she had some kind of weird muscle spasm problem... :|
    :lol:

I liked how you could get male Sims impregnated if they were abducted by aliens. It must be extremely painful for a man to give birth to a baby, but they were always so delighted with their little green-skinned alien child, cooing over them and whatnot. :lol: (Unless they weren't family Sims, of course... poor kid).

I had no idea there were aliens. There are a lot of expansion packs I didn't realize existed!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

I don't plan on finding out. I'm a bit of a prude, so no hanky panky for us outside our room and most likely on the bed only. I'm quite boring. My poor, poor husband.

I'd say after 15 years he's not complaining :) I'm so excited for you guys!!

:blush: He hasn't yet. :wink: We're excited too, Laura. Cannot wait.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

It really isn't :disappointed:

OMG reminded me - in the Bahamas last week, hubby was snorkeling and snorkeled right up on a couple having sex in the water! LOL!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I have two updates!

Great news! Congratulations. Time for the bad cake...
    lo4choypgkrm.jpg

I love this cake! And @CountessKitteh way to go Supastar!
  • MoHousdon
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Today's confession.

It really isn't :disappointed:

OMG reminded me - in the Bahamas last week, hubby was snorkeling and snorkeled right up on a couple having sex in the water! LOL!

Ahahahahaha! Whoops. Who was more embarrassed, him, or them? :smiley:

ETA: That won't be happening either.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Update on the biopsy, they got the results really fast... and there is no cancer - no concerns! WooHoo! Now time for my weekend to begin.