Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Alan_Powell
    Alan_Powell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I fell of the wagon yesterday - a good night out with friends and serious beer. What the hell, I still have a life :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*

I think that if SHE believes she looks beautiful, then you did the right thing (unless her outfit is ripped or really looks messed up to the point where you think someone will bully her for it :neutral: ). Still, tough situation. I just know I would be really sad if someone told me I looked fat and awful :lol:

And one more, because I love this one SO much:

n7e4bgq9gzpd.jpg
    :open_mouth:

Wow, thank you for these!!! They're gorgeous!

I'm going on a plane next week and I am really hoping to snag a window seat (no option to have them reserved yet). That last one especially is just incredible :open_mouth:

It's my most favorite of all of them! I have tons, since I clicked away as the sun came up, but the haze made it look all blurry until the sun was actually over the clouds. But this one I LOVE. When you said you loved the view, I thought you'd appreciate it as much as I did! :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I just read your story!!

It was very well written and enjoyable to read. Thank you for the look inside Islam and Jinns. I liked the way the story ended, it fit.

I also read your sister's book and found it interesting.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So I'm annoyed at myself because I got hungry today so I ended my 5 days streak at a deficit. I'm sad.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I'm annoyed at myself because I got hungry today so I ended my 5 days streak at a deficit. I'm sad.

Start another streak tomorrow!

Question though - not picking- were you hungry or bored? I find I eat when I'm bored.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Start another streak tomorrow!

Question though - not picking- were you hungry or bored? I find I eat when I'm bored.

Hungry :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess that I asked Giant to see if they could order the Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake. The lady wrote the name down wrong & I didn't have the heart to tell her mainly cause I didn't want to come across as a know-it-all.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I confess that I asked Giant to see if they could order the Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake. The lady wrote the name down wrong & I didn't have the heart to tell her mainly cause I didn't want to come across as a know-it-all.

Can you send them an email? Going to do that to Shop Rite for the Tiramisu...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I lost my purse and it's my own damned fault. :| I didn't secure it well on the back of my bike and I didn't notice when if fell off. When I retraced my route, I couldn't find it.

My whole life is in that purse, plus it was a pricey purse. And my phone - which is not attached to wifi so I can't erase it..

And my license and credit cards and medicare card and you name it plus my bank card and it's the weekend, so I'm cashless. And my id for work plus my bike and home key (which at least I have a duplicate)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I lost my purse and it's my own damned fault. :| I didn't secure it well on the back of my bike and I didn't notice when if fell off. When I retraced my route, I couldn't find it.

My whole life is in that purse, plus it was a pricey purse. And my phone - which is not attached to wifi so I can't erase it..

And my license and credit cards and medicare card and you name it plus my bank card and it's the weekend, so I'm cashless. And my id for work plus my bike and home key (which at least I have a duplicate)
    Oh that really sucks :/
    I hope someone nice finds and returns it.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    What I read from this: You had four days at deficit!! Go you!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I just read your story!!

It was very well written and enjoyable to read. Thank you for the look inside Islam and Jinns. I liked the way the story ended, it fit.

I also read your sister's book and found it interesting.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'll admit that I took some literary license with the descriptions--Jinn don't have human forms, and we don't even know if they look vaguely humanoid because we can't actually see their original form. (As I'm sure you read in my sister's book)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
    I lost my purse and it's my own fault. :| I didn't secure it well on the back of my bike and I didn't notice when if fell off. When I retraced my route, I couldn't find it.

Oh, gosh, that's just awful. :neutral: I hope someone returns it to the police station or something!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    What I read from this: You had four days at deficit!! Go you!

I had 5, lol. I know, not the end of the world, my weight is fine, but still. I'm still not happy with my look and I'm going in vacations in 3 weeks and wanted to see a scale drop before (as I know I'll probably end up gaining when eating out all the time for 10 days).
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
    That's so tricky. If she feels great, isn't that what really matters though?
    You can say 'You look lovely!', and in your head you can mean 'You always look lovely to me because I love you, but those pants are God-awful and make you look enormous'.
    No, I don't think telling the truth bluntly is ever the right thing to do in that situation. Unless she asked for advice 'Do these pants make my bum look big?', in which case it's ok to reply 'Hm, I really liked those bootcut ones you wore the other day - they really enhanced your figure.' From which she can gather that yes, her *kitten* looks big in these particular pants.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Is it wrong to hope for rain on this beautiful Saturday? I wanted a nice quiet evening in and now my husband's decided it's bonfire party night.

Going to feel like a stick in the mud when I go to bed at 11 or 12.
    I hope it rains where you are, but not here. My daughter is out camping and trying to talk some sense into her friend's pregnant 18 year-old sister who's not taking care of herself. Somehow it's fallen to my daughter and her friend to do the 'Come to Jesus' talk, which I can't help feeling is pretty unfair.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

That's awful! Hopefully an honest person found it and will turn it in!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I ate an entire packet of Mr Kipling's fruit pies.

They were marvelous.

I ate a whole pack of Tunnocks chocolate marshmallow tea cakes once. 6 of the b*ggers ....felt sickly, sugary and so bloated after!
    Posts like these make me homesick, although they do sell Tunnock's tea cakes in our Walmart (British section!!!) they are usually a bit stale.

What flavour pies?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Can you send them an email? Going to do that to Shop Rite for the Tiramisu...

Ooh good thinking. I should shoot an e-mail to Gelato Fiasco too & see if they'd sell their stuff at Giant.

Eek! I'm with the others & hope someone with a conscience will turn it in or at the very least find a way to contact you.

It does amaze me at times at how nice people are when they turn in cellphones, purses, wallets, etc. that are left in shopping carts, the bathroom, or the register.

• c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    deleted
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Aaaaahhgggh! I'm so sorry that happened. I hope a good person tracks you down today with it