Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession: I feel like I've lost more weight than I obviously have. Just went out to buy new running shorts but when I tried some on they looked bad. Very, very bad. I instead bought some capri-length leggings that didn't look great, but are at least *FUN* (stripy). Also got a new sports bra in a size that I've never been before (throwback to earlier in the thread!) I'm excited about that because it has a normal clasp rather than the pull-over your head type which are really hard to get off when you're all sweaty.

Yes! I love the sports bras with clasps. So much easier to get on and off.
    udhtwdnr71ui.jpg

That looks just like me. ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Bruce Lee - Teach me how to be like water?
    Sir Terry Pratchet - Tell me more about Ank Morpork?
    Douglas Adams - Will you hold my towel?

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

They covered this on an episode of Grimm recently.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!
    I'm 47 and also a huge fan (books though - movies are ok but not as good).
    Are you in the Hogwarts challenge?

Definitely a book fan and not the movies! I have them all but haven't watched them in years they don't even come close to the books! No I'm not, what is that?!
    There's a Hogwarts weight loss challenge going on right now. It's probably too late to join now, but you should look out for the next term. Lots of HP themed challenges. It's fun! I'm in Ravenclaw - hence the profile pic.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sch614 wrote: »
    [quote

I feel like shape wear, leggings etc is worse for my self esteem than trying on bathing suits! And I'm convinced that kohls has one evil mirror that I found today that makes people ( or maybe just me!) look very large! Not sure of their motivation though!!

I'd like to think that's the case, but doesn't it normally go the other way?

Yep but not in my warped world!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    So we're on page 600, and that is a lot of conversation, all of which has been deep and meaningful, helpful and healing.

Here's a list of people that I'm going to find in the afterlife and what question I'm going to ask them.

Edit: I just responded to a work email to someone getting snippy with me with "Cool Story Bro, except you need to do this like I said in my original request" hahahahaha

Awesome!

Afterlife questions - I want to know the true story about dinosaurs. I really want to ask my grandpa about being Jack Dempsey's sparring partner (just learned that a couple weeks ago. G'pa never said a word.) I want to know who Jack the Ripper really was. There's more, I've thought on this topic a lot. Of course, now I can't remember any.

I am not very happy with that show since the whole Juliette thing started, and it's a shame because I LOVED it prior to that.

Are you referring the Hexenbiest thing? Me either! That chick is the mayor, governor and president of city council of Crazy Town. I was never really a HUGE fan of hers (I'm more of a Rosalie person) (SPOILER ALERT) but when she torched Aunt Marie's trailer AND got Nick's mom killed, I was done! There's no redemption for her.

Indeed. She almost got Monroe killed. I simply cannot forgive that.

Agreed! I felt bad for her at first, but then, when she went into full on psycho mode, I was done. No more. Nick should marry Adalind and raise their Grimm/Hexenbiest baby out of Portland.

I don't really WANT Nick to marry Adalind, I just don't want him back with Juliette.

I only think I've missed one season of Grimm, but wow. It sounds like a lot has happened. Sheesh.
    I was never a huge fan of Juliette, so I'm not surprised she turned out to be as bad as I thought all along.

She's worse!

Confession: I didn't like Rosalie at first because I was protective of Monroe. Then she saved him from death by black mushroom and I changed my tune. I take fiction too seriously sometimes.

No such thing. I'm VERY invested in my fictional families' lives. I will NEVER be able to see Charlie Hunnam as anyone else other than Jax Teller. And Jennifer Aniston will always be Rachel Karen Green.
    I watched 'Horns' last night. Hooo-eee, Harry Potter is all grown up.
    (Do not really recommend, although I liked the book a lot, I thought the movie was a bit of a mess. Unless you really like seeing Dan Radcliffe with his kit off.)

I have a sick obsession with Harry Potter that started when I was 11. I'm 29 now and I'm not ashamed those are the best books ever!

Confession: I'm going to London for the first time ever in August to visit my boyfriend and as much as I can't wait to see him I'm just as excited to do all the Harry Potter related tourism-y things!!
    I'm 47 and also a huge fan (books though - movies are ok but not as good).
    Are you in the Hogwarts challenge?

Definitely a book fan and not the movies! I have them all but haven't watched them in years they don't even come close to the books! No I'm not, what is that?!
    There's a Hogwarts weight loss challenge going on right now. It's probably too late to join now, but you should look out for the next term. Lots of HP themed challenges. It's fun! I'm in Ravenclaw - hence the profile pic.

Haha that's awesome! I never noticed the profile pic before- I use my phone and the pictures are really small even if you click on someone's profile :(
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I confess that I'm always surprised when someone replies to or acknowledges any of my posts here, because in "real life" I'm very invisible to other people (purposely, since I have anxiety) and tend to fade into the background of any and all social interactions that might take place. I'm generally noticed about as much as a doormat... ;)

Same...
    Plus, I'm paranoid in general so I always feel like everyone hates me anyway.

Today I'm having a particularly bad day.

Happy Friday anyway everyone.

Feel better! We want to hear from you!

Thank you so much. :)

Still trying to catch up. At least i feel better now that I'm home.

I'm so hungry. All the food in this thread is killing me. :) It all looks so good!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    I don't understand how you can all order dresses online.

The dress in my picture was taken in the Macy's dressing room. I didn't buy it that day, but then went home and decided I loved how it looked on me and ordered the exact same dress in the exact same size. When I put it on this morning, it was about 6-8" shorter than the one I tried on in the store. I'm too old to wear a dress that short to work! Aargh!!

Pic in the store on the left, same exact dress ordered online on the right. Aargh!!

image.jpg

(My first MFP picture attempt)
    Edited to say: Please disregard my husband's running clothes that he left laying on the floor. LOL
    You look great, but I can see that the dress on the right looks like a different cut - the neckline seems higher as well as the hem being shorter. That's disappointing. Can you return it? You have great legs and it's a great 'going out' dress, but I can understand about not wanting to wear a short dress to work.

Aw, thanks. It came from Macy's, so I'm going to check and see if they still have them this weekend. Otherwise, I'll just keep the shorter one and not wear it to work. :)

@quicksilver72 I'm 41. I like to think I can still wear a short dress, but I don't want anybody to think I'm trying to dress younger than my years. Ha!

That is really weird how the dress you ordered online was shorter. I never order dresses online but there are a ton I would love to order. I'm just worried they won't fit me right.

I think you look amazing though. :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options

I'm so sad I missed page 600.

I loved the response to the email! Amazing!

• ana1979
    ana1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have ice cream and a small brownie the ones from Costco (yummy) and I don't log it.
    I always feel bad about it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Awesome!

Lol!

I was away from the computer all day. 6 pages to catch up with. Good thing it's the week end and posts slow down...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    jtjunkie wrote: »
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

^^^Me too

Before I quit drinking a few years ago, I would log all my booze. It's scary how many times I would skip lunch to make sure I could fit my 3-4 cocktails in at night and still hit my marks!

I never logged while I was drinking and couldn't have gotten myself to do so honestly at the end, but I did lose a bunch of weight during a period when I was drinking pretty heavily. My plan was loosely based on the food pyramid and serving sizes, plus lots of exercise, and though I started by cutting down to two glasses of wine a night I quickly decided that grains and wine were basically the same (drinkers logic) so figured I could sub wine for all the recommended grains servings.

It's the only time I thought the base of that pyramid made sense.
  • Francl27
    Options

Awesome!

Lol!

I was away from the computer all day. 6 pages to catch up with. Good thing it's the week end and posts slow down...
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(

I'm so sorry to hear that. This is exactly how I am at work at the moment as well. Hugs!
    Hoping you both feel better soon. Here are some happy goats for you:
    2d6k3t1sg63l.gif

Thanks. :)

I confess I wish there was more I could do to feel better. I'm bipolar and have tried meds (which kind of caused me to try to commit suicide-back before they realized it was a possible side effect). I tried different therapies etc. It just seems to be something I have to work through. Music and video games help a lot for me.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for me of course. Just trying to vent a little. Thank you guys. At least reading this thread is good therapy for me. :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

^^^Me too

Before I quit drinking a few years ago, I would log all my booze. It's scary how many times I would skip lunch to make sure I could fit my 3-4 cocktails in at night and still hit my marks!

I never logged while I was drinking and couldn't have gotten myself to do so honestly at the end, but I did lose a bunch of weight during a period when I was drinking pretty heavily. My plan was loosely based on the food pyramid and serving sizes, plus lots of exercise, and though I started by cutting down to two glasses of wine a night I quickly decided that grains and wine were basically the same (drinkers logic) so figured I could sub wine for all the recommended grains servings.

Wine also = fruit, just really old fruit ;)
  • Francl27
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    So I just ate a 12 inch subway sandwich AND a Smores frap from Starbucks. I feel incredibly guilty and sick, now. The good news is I FINALLY got my gym pass so I'm going to head down right now (already at my school) and work out!!!! I've missed it... and now that I have the actual pass I better get my butt in gear. I want to be in top shape.

I do not recommend eating fast food and working out right after. I did that once and it was awful and I felt awful. I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and corn the other day and I waited three hours before working out.
    That's why I'm stalling. I thought about going straight down to work out, but I feel particularly full and a little bit ill. I'm probably going to go home for a bit and try coming back in a couple of hours. Seeing a movie tonight downtown (MAD MAX!!!), and the gym is pretty close to the theater anyway.

Saw Mad Max this morning instead of working out. There were 2 women in the theater and like 30 guys. Awkward. Good movie though.
  • Sch614
    Sch614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    jstavix wrote: »
    I am battling a very deep depression at the moment and sneak off to restroom to cry, reapply makeup and put on a happy face and go back to work. No-one at work knows just how low I am because I act so happy. I feel so weak because I can't pull myself out of this. =(

I'm so sorry to hear that. This is exactly how I am at work at the moment as well. Hugs!
    Hoping you both feel better soon. Here are some happy goats for you:
    2d6k3t1sg63l.gif

Thanks. :)

I confess I wish there was more I could do to feel better. I'm bipolar and have tried meds (which kind of caused me to try to commit suicide-back before they realized it was a possible side effect). I tried different therapies etc. It just seems to be something I have to work through. Music and video games help a lot for me.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for me of course. Just trying to vent a little. Thank you guys. At least reading this thread is good therapy for me. :)

I think feeling that you are NOT alone really helps, Seems like you have a lot of shoulders to lean on here and lots of ears to hear your thoughts anytime!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

^^^Me too

Wine also = fruit, just really old fruit ;)

This is true too. ;-)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    So I just ate a 12 inch subway sandwich AND a Smores frap from Starbucks. I feel incredibly guilty and sick, now. The good news is I FINALLY got my gym pass so I'm going to head down right now (already at my school) and work out!!!! I've missed it... and now that I have the actual pass I better get my butt in gear. I want to be in top shape.

I do not recommend eating fast food and working out right after. I did that once and it was awful and I felt awful. I had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, and corn the other day and I waited three hours before working out.
    That's why I'm stalling. I thought about going straight down to work out, but I feel particularly full and a little bit ill. I'm probably going to go home for a bit and try coming back in a couple of hours. Seeing a movie tonight downtown (MAD MAX!!!), and the gym is pretty close to the theater anyway.

Saw Mad Max this morning instead of working out. There were 2 women in the theater and like 30 guys. Awkward. Good movie though.
    I.... I just got back from seeing it. Full theater. IMAX 3D. Center seats. It. Was. AMAZING. Best movie I've seen in a long time, though there were some awkward parts :lol: I loved it and want to see it a second time. I was biting my nails the whole time, though. Complete adrenaline shot.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    Confession: I can't stand people who claim their faith as the reason why they discriminate against other people. Not that it irritates me a little...I nearly drip venom over it.

YES! I would think that people who were religious would be railing against this instead of embracing it. Aren't most religions supposed to be based on love?

Exactly!! I am a Christian and am almost embarrassed to say that at times, because we are not all homophobes! I always point out to other so called Christians that Jesus' whole message was LOVE, love everyone, not only the ones just like you.....

Amen! Sorry but I'm way behind because I took today off. I'll try not to binge post but we all know that's not happening. @Italian_Buju - It sounds like you've had a complicated life but that you've made the best of it and refused to become one of those bitter, poor me people. Kudos to you for overcoming adversity and becoming a better person and better Mom because of it! Yay you!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Here. I made brownies. Let's all get along...and eat brownies....with ice cold milk....MMMMMmmmmmmm!

images_zpslfm3hdwm.jpg

You are evil!
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I was going to post an epic confession as requested, but missed page 600. Maybe when we get to 700...

What is Starbucks drizzle?

And talking of songs, I love Dierks Bentley, but really hate the line 'I'd wear your skin like a new set of clothes' so creepy!!!

The caramel sauce they put on the caramel macchiatos
    My confession today is that I have a low tolerance for little kids now that my kids are grown.

Not that I do not like little kids, I do, and I enjoy them for small periods, but I feel annoyed when they are harshing my mellow lol.

For example, I HATE when a friend with young children asks me to babysit. I will do it, for short periods of time, but I am basically spending the whole time there waiting for it to be over.

Also, I have a few friends that have small children now and I rarely see them because my free social time is limited, and I do not care to spend it with little kids. I have one friend in particular that while I love her and love spending time with her, I almost never see her because she has two little children, like under 5. She will say things like "Oh, why do you not ever come over and visit?". And while I would not be so rude as to come out and say this, the answer is that it is because my idea of a fun time is not sitting around your place while you run around after your kids. Same with swimming, she will ask me to go swimming once it gets hotter, and I have not yet, cuz when I am at a pool I want to actually swim or even just hang around in the water, not be taking care of a baby. Been there, done that, will do it again with grandkids, but right now is adult time for me, lol.

Am I terrible?? Sometimes it makes me feel bad, but not enough to suck up something I do not want to do.

You are not terrible. I feel this way with my parents. My free time is precious and no I don't want to go to your smoke filled house (my dad is a two pack a day smoker who smokes in the house), no I don't want to drive around the city to look at paint colors in new show homes just to get ideas (especially when my husband is a rep for a paint company), and no I don't want to drive to the opposite side of the city to go to Ikea on a Saturday. My time is me time and I value every minute of it.