Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    n8rd8wehx63p.jpg
    Ijkcw2wr5gonn.jpg
    tbpnp5giq0e2.jpg
    ok Whahooo I did it. It took both an iphone and an ipad to get it to work but it seems like it worked. I am still inept with this but I can learn. Yay!

So the black poodle is 10.5 years and named Sorcha.
    The dog of unknown origin is 6 or 7 and is our squishy Bruno.

They are both super sweet people and dog friendly dogs.

Your hair is gorgeous! I'm currently growing mine out too but it's no where near as long as yours!!

And your dogs are TOO cute! <3 thank you for posting!

I cannot handle the cuteness of those dogs! Esp the smiley photo in the middle!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ok, way behind but I am trying to catch up on 20+ pages!! Had a good trip to the hospital to have my daughters portacath for her meds removed. We are finished with treatment and now that being gone truly makes it official. She is a trooper too. Unfortunately the anesthesia made her sick the rest of the day. So playing nurse to my little one.

Sending her well wishes!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Really proud of my dad today, he's riding in The Tour de Cure in Cincinnati for my brother who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last December at the age of 20. My dad loves to cycle but he hasn't done 100 miles in a long time! I hope to be able to join him next year!

That's awesome! 20 is really old to be diagnosed! Was he sick a long time??
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I
    would be, and that it would be me and my dog who would get the blame.

That would seriously piss me off to the point where I am not sure I would have those kids over anymore.
    Good luck!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I
    would be, and that it would be me and my dog who would get the blame.
    Your house your rules. Kids can see the dog when the are sitting quietly. Bring dog out. Talk to kids and explain then put dog in a quiet room away from kids. Calm but firm. You know that Any dog has the potential to harm and you are not willing to put the kids, the dog, or yourself in a potentially bad situation. If friend doesn't like it a firm calm restating of your boundaries. I love you and your kids. I love dog. I'm not willing to have the kids at risk by the dog reacting to their attempts to play. Dog is not a toy and is not used to kids. Kids are inadvertently acting in a manner that dog can see as a threat. End of discussion. Don't be bullied into a situation that you are not comfortable being in.

I agree with all of this ...but I wouldn't want to have to put my dog in another room. We had a very grumpy Dachshund with a lot of medical problems. Our guests were always told what they were allowed/not allowed to do around him. It was his house too..he shouldn't have to be put away. Your friend needs to respect your house and your rules...your dog shouldn't have to suffer and be shut away(IMO).
    And now I'm sad talking about him because today actually marks the one year anniversary of his death. He was 15.5 years old. RIP <3
    <3
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Just have to share, I had an add for Pure Protein Bars on my homepage. Why does MFP want me to have diarrhea? :/
    It doesn't. It wants you to cleanse.

Bahaha I think you and @BZAH10 are the witty ones of the group! You ladies keep me laughing so hard!
    Oh, you're such a sweetheart. :)

Someone earlier mentioned sewing patterns - I can't go back and find it now, but thought I'd leave this here for them:
    v54n1f54w5sp.gif

OMG, I am crying. The head boppin' lady in the background is killing me!

Haha, I didn't even notice her until you pointed it out!

Me either!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
    I would have told her the truth, nicely. I would never lie to a friend about something like that.
    Also, I would be really pissed if someone let me walk around thinking I looked great if I looked awful.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I lost my purse and it's my own damned fault. :| I didn't secure it well on the back of my bike and I didn't notice when if fell off. When I retraced my route, I couldn't find it.

My whole life is in that purse, plus it was a pricey purse. And my phone - which is not attached to wifi so I can't erase it..

And my license and credit cards and medicare card and you name it plus my bank card and it's the weekend, so I'm cashless. And my id for work plus my bike and home key (which at least I have a duplicate)

I am so sorry to hear this, I can only imagine how upsetting this would be.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
    I would have told her the truth, nicely. I would never lie to a friend about something like that.
    Also, I would be really pissed if someone let me walk around thinking I looked great if I looked awful.
    What wording would you have used? Particularly if she thought she looked great?
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Well, that was my third Jimmy John's unwich this week. I am officially addicted to roast beef.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Really proud of my dad today, he's riding in The Tour de Cure in Cincinnati for my brother who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last December at the age of 20. My dad loves to cycle but he hasn't done 100 miles in a long time! I hope to be able to join him next year!

That's awesome! 20 is really old to be diagnosed! Was he sick a long time??

Mmm we knew something was off with him a couple months before he was disagnosed but other than that as far as we knew he was okay! He's been told he was diagnosed old :/
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    This is the longest I've been away from this thread- haha I'm pathetic! Thanks for all the well wishes my dad finished Yayy!! 100 miles! My goal is to do 50 with my mom next year!

@glinda1971 I hope it rains for you tonight!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I lost my purse and it's my own damned fault. :| I didn't secure it well on the back of my bike and I didn't notice when if fell off. When I retraced my route, I couldn't find it.

My whole life is in that purse, plus it was a pricey purse. And my phone - which is not attached to wifi so I can't erase it..

And my license and credit cards and medicare card and you name it plus my bank card and it's the weekend, so I'm cashless. And my id for work plus my bike and home key (which at least I have a duplicate)

I'm sorry that you lost your purse.

Hopefully someone will return it.

And you should get your home lock changed just in case since whoever found it has your address and key.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    n8rd8wehx63p.jpg
    Ijkcw2wr5gonn.jpg
    tbpnp5giq0e2.jpg
    ok Whahooo I did it. It took both an iphone and an ipad to get it to work but it seems like it worked. I am still inept with this but I can learn. Yay!

So the black poodle is 10.5 years and named Sorcha.
    The dog of unknown origin is 6 or 7 and is our squishy Bruno.

They are both super sweet people and dog friendly dogs.

Your hair is gorgeous! I'm currently growing mine out too but it's no where near as long as yours!!

And your dogs are TOO cute! <3 thank you for posting!

I cannot handle the cuteness of those dogs! Esp the smiley photo in the middle!!

Thanks
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    This is the longest I've been away from this thread- haha I'm pathetic! Thanks for all the well wishes my dad finished Yayy!! 100 miles! My goal is to do 50 with my mom next year!

Yay for your dad!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    Everyone that my husband invited decided not to come. So I get my quiet evening.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

That's awesome!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

And you should get your home lock changed just in case since whoever found it has your address and key.

YES^
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Everyone that my husband invited decided not to come. So I get my quiet evening.

Oh good!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I'm glad it worked out that way for you.