Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I confess I didn't want to work out this morning, but I did it anyway, in part thanks to the video below. I'm sharing it here because it is so awesome. I caught it in another thread where a new MFP member was looking for motivation. It's part of an ad campaign ('This Girl Can') in Great Britain that uses real women to inspire young women - and all women - to get active. Enjoy :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aN7lt0CYwHg

I love videos like that. There's one I've seen here that is great too, I'll see if I can find it.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I
    would be, and that it would be me and my dog who would get the blame.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    2vk0n7u51olx.jpg
    This is my rare Queen of the Night peniocereus greggii. It blooms one night a year. It blooms at or after sunset and the flowers wilt when sunlight touches them. Last night was bloom night. It was rescued with permits from a site that was going to be developed. I have not seen one in the wild, but I may have overlooked it as the cacti itself just looks like graying sticks most of the time. The flowers have a lovely scent.

That is beautiful!!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Here's the video I was talking about. The part about the mirrors and the "baby weights" make me laugh every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzbjEMaDjrk
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    My friend is supposed to be bringing her kids over today (5 & 2) and while I like seeing them, I'm also kind of dreading it. Her kids get super excited about seeing my dog but have no idea how to properly behave around them.
    They shriek and cry and run around and try to sneak up behind her to pet her. My dog is 2, I've had her for 6 months. She was never exposed to kids with her previous owners and only once or twice since she's been with me.
    My friend won't do anything about the way they act either. She shrugs and says "Oh well, they have to learn" and I HATE IT! Yes, they need to learn, but not by being bitten! And she obviously doesn't understand how upset I

That would be frustrating. What an uncomfortable position to put you in. Maybe you could try to explain to the kids that your dog is shy and gets nervous about loud noises. Get down on the floor with them and show them how to pet her correctly. Or just ask them not to pet or play with her.
    Our son is 3.5 and he was taught very early that not all dogs like strangers or kids and not all dogs are friendly. We told him that if a dog gets nervous or scared, it may bite so we always have to be very careful around dogs unless we know them well. He absolutely loves dogs but he knows that when we see one walking or while we are out playing, he has to ask the owner if the dog is friendly and if it's ok to pet the dog. Good luck.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

That would be frustrating. What an uncomfortable position to put you in. Maybe you could try to explain to the kids that your dog is shy and gets nervous about loud noises. Get down on the floor with them and show them how to pet her correctly. Or just ask them not to pet or play with her.
    Our son is 3.5 and he was taught very early that not all dogs like strangers or kids and not all dogs are friendly. We told him that if a dog gets nervous or scared, it may bite so we always have to be very careful around dogs unless we know them well. He absolutely loves dogs but he knows that when we see one walking or while we are out playing, he has to ask the owner if the dog is friendly and if it's ok to pet the dog. Good luck.

Yeah, talk to them. Maybe your friend will get the hint? But that would be so annoying...
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Your house your rules. Kids can see the dog when the are sitting quietly. Bring dog out. Talk to kids and explain then put dog in a quiet room away from kids. Calm but firm. You know that Any dog has the potential to harm and you are not willing to put the kids, the dog, or yourself in a potentially bad situation. If friend doesn't like it a firm calm restating of your boundaries. I love you and your kids. I love dog. I'm not willing to have the kids at risk by the dog reacting to their attempts to play. Dog is not a toy and is not used to kids. Kids are inadvertently acting in a manner that dog can see as a threat. End of discussion. Don't be bullied into a situation that you are not comfortable being in.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Really proud of my dad today, he's riding in The Tour de Cure in Cincinnati for my brother who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last December at the age of 20. My dad loves to cycle but he hasn't done 100 miles in a long time! I hope to be able to join him next year!

Very cool!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Your house your rules. Kids can see the dog when the are sitting quietly. Bring dog out. Talk to kids and explain then put dog in a quiet room away from kids. Calm but firm. You know that Any dog has the potential to harm and you are not willing to put the kids, the dog, or yourself in a potentially bad situation. If friend doesn't like it a firm calm restating of your boundaries. I love you and your kids. I love dog. I'm not willing to have the kids at risk by the dog reacting to their attempts to play. Dog is not a toy and is not used to kids. Kids are inadvertently acting in a manner that dog can see as a threat. End of discussion. Don't be bullied into a situation that you are not comfortable being in.

I agree with all of this ...but I wouldn't want to have to put my dog in another room. We had a very grumpy Dachshund with a lot of medical problems. Our guests were always told what they were allowed/not allowed to do around him. It was his house too..he shouldn't have to be put away. Your friend needs to respect your house and your rules...your dog shouldn't have to suffer and be shut away(IMO).
    And now I'm sad talking about him because today actually marks the one year anniversary of his death. He was 15.5 years old. RIP <3
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    2vk0n7u51olx.jpg
    This is my rare Queen of the Night peniocereus greggii. It blooms one night a year. It blooms at or after sunset and the flowers wilt when sunlight touches them. Last night was bloom night. It was rescued with permits from a site that was going to be developed. I have not seen one in the wild, but I may have overlooked it as the cacti itself just looks like graying sticks most of the time. The flowers have a lovely scent.

Gorgeous, and made even more so by its fleeting beauty!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Oh, that's stressful. The older one is definitely old enough to understand, and the little one will follow by example if you show them how your dog likes to be petted and explain that when they chase and shriek it makes her scared.
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Really proud of my dad today, he's riding in The Tour de Cure in Cincinnati for my brother who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes last December at the age of 20. My dad loves to cycle but he hasn't done 100 miles in a long time! I hope to be able to join him next year!
    Wow, that's fantastic! Good for him!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

It really isn't :disappointed:

Well, damn. This is very disappointing news.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Woo! on both counts. But mostly about the exam. Well done!
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just have to share, I had an add for Pure Protein Bars on my homepage. Why does MFP want me to have diarrhea? :/
    It doesn't. It wants you to cleanse.

Bahaha I think you and @BZAH10 are the witty ones of the group! You ladies keep me laughing so hard!
    Oh, you're such a sweetheart. :)

Someone earlier mentioned sewing patterns - I can't go back and find it now, but thought I'd leave this here for them:
    v54n1f54w5sp.gif

OMG, I am crying. The head boppin' lady in the background is killing me!
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @CountessKitteh congrats on passing your exam!
    @bkhamill great news about the biopsy :smile:
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ok, way behind but I am trying to catch up on 20+ pages!! Had a good trip to the hospital to have my daughters portacath for her meds removed. We are finished with treatment and now that being gone truly makes it official. She is a trooper too. Unfortunately the anesthesia made her sick the rest of the day. So playing nurse to my little one.

Happy it went well, hopefully she'll feel better soon :smile:
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Today's confession.

I brought up the stepdaughter thing with my husband yesterday because we haven't seen or heard from her since she graced us with her presence Monday, and it did not go well. I think I might be PMSing because I lost it. I yelled, said things I shouldn't have, then cried afterward. I felt bad because I started in on him basically as soon as he walked in the door. He told me he should have just stayed at work. I hate it when he says that.

Anyway, after both of us calmed down, he said that I need to let him handle things his way but he is going to talk to her. I will not be a part of that conversation which is best for everyone. He expressed that he doesn't feel like she's taking advantage of us because he's her dad and he would do the same for Rachael. He also said this is NOT how he pictured a life with her and he's very upset (sad) that she doesn't want to be in our circle (I laughed a little when he described our family as a circle).

I appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers because I don't want this to put a strain on our marriage especially when we leave for Florida in 15 days and we're getting ready to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

On a positive note, if I'm PMSing this early, that means my period is coming soon and I'll be done before my trip.

I hope he does talk to her and it all works out for your family! Is Rachael going on vacation with you and hubby?

Um, no. This is really like a belated honeymoon since we didn't have one the first time around. She's pretty peeved about not going, but I told her that I've waited 15 years for this so she'll just have to get over it. She's going later in July with my mom anyway, so it's not like she's not going to miss out. Really, the only things she'll miss out on are our incessant make out sessions, hand holding, and occasional (probably more on his part) butt grabbing/patting. I'm sure she's not at all sad about missing out on those things. :wink:

I hope things work out too because we REALLY do want her to be a part of our circle. :smile:

We got married last March - honeymoon was Maui in April. We were the only old people constantly making out in the pool at our resort. We had a very quiet beach at night. Let me just tell you this - sand doesn't give as much as you may think. Sex on the beach wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.

It really isn't :disappointed:

OMG reminded me - in the Bahamas last week, hubby was snorkeling and snorkeled right up on a couple having sex in the water! LOL!

Ahahahahaha! Whoops. Who was more embarrassed, him, or them? :smiley:

ETA: That won't be happening either.

Oh. Now sex in the water, that I would recommend. ;)
    Easier for him to hold you up in the water than in the shower.

^^^that! :blush:
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Just have to share, I had an add for Pure Protein Bars on my homepage. Why does MFP want me to have diarrhea? :/
    It doesn't. It wants you to cleanse.

Bahaha I think you and @BZAH10 are the witty ones of the group! You ladies keep me laughing so hard!
    Oh, you're such a sweetheart. :)

Someone earlier mentioned sewing patterns - I can't go back and find it now, but thought I'd leave this here for them:
    v54n1f54w5sp.gif

OMG, I am crying. The head boppin' lady in the background is killing me!

Haha, I didn't even notice her until you pointed it out!