Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Gives me a sense of enormous well-being!

Now I have parklife in my head!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Woke up and had 9,000 calories left, woohoo. Turns out if your age gets screwed up the calorie adjustment goes bonkers.
    Screenshot_2015-06-14-18-51-45_zpsxynydi4b.png
    Over 12,000 calories burned? WOW! That must have been one heck of a night!

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    I confess I didn't want to work out this morning, but I did it anyway, in part thanks to the video below. I'm sharing it here because it is so awesome. I caught it in another thread where a new MFP member was looking for motivation. It's part of an ad campaign ('This Girl Can') in Great Britain that uses real women to inspire young women - and all women - to get active. The music is 'Get Ur Freak On' by Missy Elliott. Enjoy :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aN7lt0CYwHg

They started playing this in the ad breaks just after Christmas. It helped me to keep swimming even after the Christmas bloat.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    So I got into a car accident on Friday and damaged my car to where I can't legally drive it. Both the girl and I are ok and we exchanged information and no damage to either of us but, damn. I didn't need this. 300 deductible as well for the shop :/
    To top it off I talked to my manager about not being able to get to work til Thursday when my car gets back from the shop and she said she could give me the days off.
    Well come schedule time, guess what days she put me working?? I'm like did you forget or what? Ugh. Told her unless someone picks me up I can't get there and I have no friends here. Not my week. I have several doubles this week too so it'll be stress.

I also ate an entire cookies and cream gelato pint from taleni. It was delicious, but I was self medicating with food. Whoops, but it was good.

GOD I NEED A VACATION. / endrant

Glad you are ok, but that's rough! Is there anyone that you work with that lives close to you that could give you a ride? Maybe you could give them some money for gas. Could your manager help with that?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I'm only going to work for about an hour and a half today. I have an abscessed tooth to the point where half my face is swollen.

Since I don't have a dentist or a doctor at the moment, I guess it's hours in emergency for me this morning. Since all the walk ins require you to be a patient of their Clinic.

My dad swears that an abscessed tooth is the worst pain in the world -- hope you find relief soon!!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?

Can someone PLEASE explain what this jail thing is, what is means?

Jail means they've violated some forum guideline(s) if I remember right. Don't quote me on that, though.

But how do you know? I looked at JPW1990's photo, and it didn't look any different.....didn't someone say it was from their profile photo??

I was the one that mentioned it. I noticed on the thread that she had bars over her profile pic. Not sure exactly what you have to do to get there, but know that it's a result of violating forum guidelines.
  • spamarie
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    mom216 wrote: »
    I told a friend she looked beautiful in a new outfit. My real thoughts..... she looked fat & awful. The style did absolutely nothing for her shape. Would a real friend tell her the truth? I don't want to hurt her feelings; she believes she looks like a rock star. :*
    I would have told her the truth, nicely. I would never lie to a friend about something like that.
    Also, I would be really pissed if someone let me walk around thinking I looked great if I looked awful.
    What wording would you have used? Particularly if she thought she looked great?

That outfit does not sit on you very well. Why don't you try (whatever suggestion or alternate clothes I might have).
    I would struggle with telling someone those things. But... I wish I had a friend like that because it makes every compliment mean that much more. ''You look good'' means you ACTUALLY look good. You become more trustworthy. I just worry about hurting peoples' feelings. :(

I once had a coworker tell me that I had toilet paper hanging out of the back of my pants (don't ask how I managed to do that one haha) & it was embarrassing at first, but it would've been even worse if customers or other coworkers seen me.

I was in a pub aged about 18 (I'm British, that's legal age here) wearing a mini skirt, thong and stockings (I was so hawt in my mind). Except I'd somehow tucked the skirt into the thong and walked across the entire pub. Thankfully a girl from school who didn't really know me had the kindness to bring it to my attention without being mean about it. My friends were all too rat-arsed to notice!! I no longer wear the mini skirt, thong, stocking combo.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I feel so woefully behind that there was no way I'd every catch up. :disappointed:

I ended up with some urinary infection (which after straight cranberry juice (like 7g of sugar straight) and antibiotics, I think I've managed to kick it!

Also, I went to my brother-in-law's birthday party which was a bonfire and managed to get drunk off of two drinks. I had to drink A LOT of water and eat what I could to sober up (which I did) because I was the DD. I drove everyone home, got his support with my anorexia, and then made the hour drive home.

After four hours of sleep I ran a 10k (came in FIRST in my age group).

I did struggle this week for a couple of days with body image and was spiraling (I kept leaving the gym crying). But I think I'm needing more rest, because after a good night's sleep, I was in a better space.

Today I wore a swimsuit for the first time in around four years and a two piece since I was like, 2? lol. It's a tankini, but I'm looking for a monokini. It felt good to swim again. :smiley:

I was wondering what happened to you!! Glad you're ok and were feeling good enough to wear a tankini!!! And congratulations on the race!

Thanks! And today was the first time in two weeks that I was able to weigh myself at my normal time after eating my regular food. Mind, I haven't been tracking at all (except my exercise) and only weighing some food so I'm consistent. I gained no weight and am actually sitting at 106. So I hope I can keep this up, though that still puts me underweight.

I'm a work in progress. One of the trainers at my gym told me she noticed I've been losing muscle. :frowning: I'm trying to eat more protein, and I feel like I'm eating a lot of food. But maybe I'm not. :anguished:

I'll keep coming in with updates. :smiley:

And @Francl27, the chocolate Halo Top is DELICIOUS!

Glad that you guys liked the Halo Top; unfortunately, no store around me carries it. Do you think the trainer could help you with some kind of resistance training?

If you eat lower calorie foods then it can definitely feel like a lot of food since you can eat a higher volume for less. For lunch I sometimes eat a whole bag of frozen cauliflower which is a little over a pound.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

Jail means they've violated some forum guideline(s) if I remember right. Don't quote me on that, though.

I find the whole jail thing & flagging ridiculous. On one hand I love that we can now get rid of the spam that clogs the boards, but a lot of the time I find people use flagging to report against people they either don't like, don't get the advice they want to hear, or mistake it for a like button. In my opinion I would rather have someone be a little blunt with their information regarding weight loss & my health in general than have people sugarcoat or give me outdated/debunked theories that are not only dangerous but unnecessary.

I've noticed too if someone gets banned a picture will say User Banned Carry On.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

Good for you. I would never have told my mom because she wouldn't have reacted that way... she would just have told me to shake it off. I was horribly depressed for years in my 20s and never told her about it... You're an awesome mom.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Found out that tomorrow's school is a half day because of the heat. I was looking forward to 2 last days for myself before the kids are off for the Summer and I'm extremely bummed. I'm guessing that Tuesday will be a half day too... I'm so not ready for this.

I am totally thrilled that I only have to make lunches at 7am three more days!! WOOHOO! By September though I will be dying to get back on a routine.....

I still have to pack lunches for half days :(
    So I got into a car accident on Friday and damaged my car to where I can't legally drive it. Both the girl and I are ok and we exchanged information and no damage to either of us but, damn. I didn't need this. 300 deductible as well for the shop :/
    To top it off I talked to my manager about not being able to get to work til Thursday when my car gets back from the shop and she said she could give me the days off.
    Well come schedule time, guess what days she put me working?? I'm like did you forget or what? Ugh. Told her unless someone picks me up I can't get there and I have no friends here. Not my week. I have several doubles this week too so it'll be stress.

I also ate an entire cookies and cream gelato pint from taleni. It was delicious, but I was self medicating with food. Whoops, but it was good.

GOD I NEED A VACATION. / endrant

Sorry. I hate that deductible crap. When you're not at fault the insurance of the other driver should cover it IMO. Glad you're ok though. Can't your insurance loan you another car for free at least until you get it back? Mine does.
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you're not that bad! I have contacts that I hardly wear anymore but I'm definitely taking them on vacations with me... the beach without totally sucks. And I'm totally paranoid at the beach too and hate leaving my stuff there...

Confession - considering stepping back from this thread for a bit. It gets too crazy during the week and I feel I spend my days on the forums trying to catch up... and it's starting to become a chore. Plus I actually want to get back to reading my book again and I need time for that...

• L0vAnj
    L0vAnj Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Zedeff wrote: »
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Similarly, I add 1 to 1.5 lbs to my "recorded" weight compared to what my scale says, and I only log when my weight reaches a new low. It feels good to look at my report and see only consistent losses, and when there aren't losses, I can remind myself that I've been adding a pound each time anyways.

I do this too :smiley:
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you look amazing in the dress. I'll be eagerly awaiting finding out how it all was as I'm also going to Punta Cana. I'm glad you brought up the tipping thing as we're all inclusive too and I hadn't really thought about it. I didn't even really know tipping housekeeping was a thing until part way through my time working in the US when one of my American colleagues told me.

I'll probably also be half blind on my trip for the same reasons.

I'm still catching up from the weekend (I don't post then) so I'll end up with a bunch of posts, but DH and I are looking to go to Punta Cana in January so I can't wait to hear about your trip (for Fluffy!)

And I know it's not the same thing, but I have horrible excess skin from my weight loss (no, I'm not exaggerating, my arms have bat wings, it makes me want to cry). I "solved" that issue by decorating my skin- I have 11 tats and a half sleeve on my right arm to distract from the stretch marks and awful skin. I placed it strategically so that one day when I can afford the Brachioplasty to fix my arms, the tats will still look ok, it'll just cover 360 degrees around my arm instead of like 200 degrees like it does now. I hate it, and I don't know that I'll ever feel comfortable with my body anymore because melted candle skin does NOT equal hot, but I guess it's my "punishment" for lack of a better word for ever letting myself get up to 294.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

As a longtime sufferer of depression, I wish my mom had been as proactive as you are. Well done, major kudos to you! It's a wonderful thing to see a teen who feels willing and able to confide in her mother--you must have a wonderful relationship. :)

I would definitely agree about the isolation and the exercise--lack of activity and no social interaction always sends me spiralling downwards. I'll add another one: Get plenty of sunlight. When my curtains are drawn or the sun has set, I always start to feel depressed--I absolutely need the sun in my life, as weird as it sounds. :)
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So I'm only going to work for about an hour and a half today. I have an abscessed tooth to the point where half my face is swollen.

Since I don't have a dentist or a doctor at the moment, I guess it's hours in emergency for me this morning. Since all the walk ins require you to be a patient of their Clinic.

My dad swears that an abscessed tooth is the worst pain in the world -- hope you find relief soon!!

I've had 2 of them since March. I gave birth twice with no pain meds (just a dose of Stadol for one of em). I would rather give birth again than ever have another absessed tooth. Dear God does it hurt! It's a stabbing icepick pain that shoots down and literally made me mad. I was hunting for pliars to pull the tooth out myself.

I'm so sorry Glinda, I know how that feels!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I was struggling with depression during my teenage years as well, but I don't think my mom was able to handle it very well. The thing is, I didn't think I was depressed at all (now that I look back, it seems obvious), and I was placed into a hospital for a week to get therapy and to monitor me so I wouldn't harm myself. It was extremely hurtful, mostly because I thought I was just going in for a therapy session but I had been lied to. They rushed my mom out and basically locked me in the hospital. I screamed and cried, and some grumpy woman came in and demanded I take my clothes off so she could search me for ''weapons'' and stuff. It was embarrassing and felt like I was being put in jail. I remember smiling at one of the counselors and being told ''What's so funny??? Wipe that smirk off your face.'' Dude, I was just being nice.

Since then my mom has apologized many times, and I guess I can't really blame her behavior since she was genuinely worried about me. Still, that whole experience was just surreal.

That's... Horrible. Since when has depression been a crime?! Since I have FND coupled with anxiety and depression, my neurologist was really pushing to get me admitted for my own sake. I majorly panicked and wouldn't do it, though, and soon after that I ceased all attempts at therapy.

Because of my own history, I can see why they want to try to admit people who they think are severely depressed and need intervention, because they might not actively seek help on their own--but what kind of treatment is that supposed to be? I'm so sorry that you went through that; it would have killed me to go through the same. :-/
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I enjoyed your book, nicely done. It was fascinating for me to get a glimpse into another culture through a story like this. Thank you for sharing! I have not made hummus yet. I did buy a little clove of garlic and some fresh lemon. I had cooked the chickpeas and the frozen them. They are thawing in my refrigerator. I have tahini. I'm all set to make it soon. I did (with my daughter) make a quinoa tabouleh today that was very tasty! It might be another day before I have time, though, we're going out to Ethiopean food tomorrow.

@nonoelmo Thank you very much for your feedback! :)

As for the hummus, tabbouleh with hummus is absolutely amazing, one of my most favorite combinations--so if you have leftovers, save them to try with the hummus!

I actually made it today, and took some pictures to hopefully give you an idea of the texture and the process. :)

r0d94i4d5sap.jpg
    This is after mixing the lemon, garlic, and tahina in with the chickpeas, but before blending. As you can see, it does look really watery at this point.

nx9lm8gofncj.jpg

iv24op8v8dzi.jpg

These are after blending, and you can see that the mixture is really thick and kind of sticks to everything. ;) It does get quite a bit thicker after sitting in the fridge for a day, and the flavors really pop at that point. I had it in a wrap with chicken breast for lunch--one of my favorite uses for it. :)
  • spamarie
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Gives me a sense of enormous well-being!

Now I have parklife in my head!

And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    I have two updates!

But how do you know? I looked at JPW1990's photo, and it didn't look any different.....didn't someone say it was from their profile photo??

I was the one that mentioned it. I noticed on the thread that she had bars over her profile pic. Not sure exactly what you have to do to get there, but know that it's a result of violating forum guidelines.

@Italian_Buju It depends on where you're looking at their photo from, and whether you're on the app or the laptop. If you go to their profile, their photo is the same--only the profile picture in the forums will have bars over them. On the app, the "jail" bars often cover up their whole post, so you can't read it at all. Just a second, I'll go check in the main forums to see if I can get a screenshot for you.

Found one!
    a9809wvdqkdb.png
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I bet you are lovely! Yes to stop hating on yourself. Stop it right now! (Stamping foot with hand on my hips!) Have a wonderful trip!
    Thank you! I really shouldn't be bringing down my own experience with negative talk :tongue:

No hating on yourself!! No one else will care about your scars or anything else. I used to be really anxious about walking around with my arms and legs visible during the summer, especially when my scars were really vivid and obvious, but the only thing that's happened is a few people coming up to me and being like "you are on this earth for a reason precious gift to the universe beautiful soul blah blee bloo" and someone buying me a pastry. (Actually one of those was with my arms covered up so I'm not sure what was happening with that. Maybe I looked sad?) People are rarely as judgmental of you as you are of yourself. But anyway! Tanning does help. Also lemon juice will bleach them so they might be closer to your normal skin color. bio oil is supposed to be good too, but it's expensive so I've never tried it personally :P

Confession #2: I'm not totally happy about how quickly my scars are fading. I know it's convenient and I don't want people judging me for them, and I don't want it to be an obstacle for getting a job or whatever, but... I put them there so that I would have a record, among other things. Deep cuts and two years later I can barely see them, but they're still there if you look. I want either clear skin or something dramatic dammit.
    I have a really bad habit of picking at the skin on my arms until they bleed and scar up :confounded: I chalk it up to an anxiety thing, because it helps to calm me down for some reason. I have gotten stares for them before while wearing short sleeves because I had just forgotten about my own habit. Blugh. I appreciate your advice, I might look into the lemon juice! Or maybe I'll just try my hardest to forget about my own arms- I'm sure you're right and people will most likely just leave me on my merry way :tongue:

Funny thing: When I was in fifth grade I was playing with my cousins in the woods. I tripped and fell into a huge thorn bush AND poison ivy. What followed were viney looking cuts going all up my legs (was wearing very short shorts) and red blossoming out from them. My sister told me I looked awesome and said I should tell people at school I got attacked by a wolverine. I felt more confident after that and INDEED told peope I had been attacked by a wolverine :lol: People came up to look at my legs and tell me how awesome I was. Good times.

Also... hurray for a free pastry! ;)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.