Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

2) I PASSED MY EXAM!!!!!!!!!! B)

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

And I'm sure this has already been covered, but why is @JPW1990 in jail?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

1) My Wegmans does carry the Halo Top Vanilla, Chocolate, and Lemon Cake. They were ALL sold out (they only got a very small amount in) so I shall have to check back.

Checking in on a Sunday night because I have actual work to do this week, but so glad to hear this! How's your FIL?

Can someone PLEASE explain what this jail thing is, what is means?
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

Jail means they've violated some forum guideline(s) if I remember right. Don't quote me on that, though.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My weight loss journey is really scary for me. I have been in recovery from anorexia and bulimia for about a year. I was sick and without help for seven years. Now as I try to get back down to an appropriate weight for my height, I'm really fighting urges to restrict/purge. I haven't so far, yet! Woo!

Stay strong. I'm rooting for you.
  • lesliezimmer
    lesliezimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    For anyone old (like, really old - I'm 47) Doodleart is back!!
    http://doodleartworld.com/
    I bought one for my sister's birthday from Chapters but it looks like they're also on Amazon.

Ok so judging here. I am 47 and I am FAR from old. Just sayin'

I was SO into Doodleart when I was younger, and I'm 32! Definitely a generation-spanning activity :)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to thank everyone who's responded. I don't think I replied to every post, but I have definitely read and re-read every one. You have all been such an encouragement.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    @bkhamill - glad everything turned out ok.

@crosbylee - is your daughter feeling better now? I know you mentioned that she had a serious illness. How is everything with her health?

@spacequiztime - you've mentioned your accident several times. What exactly happened?
  • kellienw335
    edited June 2015
    Options
    907 pages of lurking, and now I'm going to try poking in. Hello everyone, I hope your Saturday is going well.

Here is a confession: Lately, I've been wanting to take all the training my therapist has been having me do and chuck it out the window. (I'm autistic and a whole bunch of other things.) I'm frustrated by the idea that I have to do all this work to understand, communicate, and act like a normal person, but no one is willing to do the same for me. I'm a huge believer in equivalent exchange (Fullmetal Alchemist, anyone), and while it would be illogical to expect that from strangers, it would be nice to experience this from family and friends. At least meet me halfway, y'know?

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive...maybe I'm just ignorant on the subject...and this is more me asking questions because I don't understand it. So, please don't be offended. I've always wondered how autistic people function as adults and I don't remember autism being a diagnosis when I was a kid in the 80s and 90s. Could you educated me on when autism became so prevalent and how you deal with it and where you on the spectrum? Again, just asking because I'm curious and would like to be more informed. Any information would be much appreciated.

ETA: Welcome to the thread...kind of, since you've been here so long!!!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    I feel so woefully behind that there was no way I'd every catch up. :disappointed:

I ended up with some urinary infection (which after straight cranberry juice (like 7g of sugar straight) and antibiotics, I think I've managed to kick it!

Also, I went to my brother-in-law's birthday party which was a bonfire and managed to get drunk off of two drinks. I had to drink A LOT of water and eat what I could to sober up (which I did) because I was the DD. I drove everyone home, got his support with my anorexia, and then made the hour drive home.

After four hours of sleep I ran a 10k (came in FIRST in my age group).

I did struggle this week for a couple of days with body image and was spiraling (I kept leaving the gym crying). But I think I'm needing more rest, because after a good night's sleep, I was in a better space.

Today I wore a swimsuit for the first time in around four years and a two piece since I was like, 2? lol. It's a tankini, but I'm looking for a monokini. It felt good to swim again. :smiley:

I was wondering what happened to you!! Glad you're ok and were feeling good enough to wear a tankini!!! And congratulations on the race!
  • kellienw335
    Options
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

Good vibes and prayers your way as you deal with all of this! Good for you for being so proactive!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    @FluffySandwich I am horrified at what you went through. As a mom I would pitch a huge fit. I'm usually pretty willing to let things go but I would have taken something like this pretty far. I'm so sorry you were subjected to it.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I feel so woefully behind that there was no way I'd every catch up. :disappointed:

I ended up with some urinary infection (which after straight cranberry juice (like 7g of sugar straight) and antibiotics, I think I've managed to kick it!

Also, I went to my brother-in-law's birthday party which was a bonfire and managed to get drunk off of two drinks. I had to drink A LOT of water and eat what I could to sober up (which I did) because I was the DD. I drove everyone home, got his support with my anorexia, and then made the hour drive home.

After four hours of sleep I ran a 10k (came in FIRST in my age group).

I did struggle this week for a couple of days with body image and was spiraling (I kept leaving the gym crying). But I think I'm needing more rest, because after a good night's sleep, I was in a better space.

Today I wore a swimsuit for the first time in around four years and a two piece since I was like, 2? lol. It's a tankini, but I'm looking for a monokini. It felt good to swim again. :smiley:

I was wondering what happened to you!! Glad you're ok and were feeling good enough to wear a tankini!!! And congratulations on the race!

Thanks! And today was the first time in two weeks that I was able to weigh myself at my normal time after eating my regular food. Mind, I haven't been tracking at all (except my exercise) and only weighing some food so I'm consistent. I gained no weight and am actually sitting at 106. So I hope I can keep this up, though that still puts me underweight.

I'm a work in progress. One of the trainers at my gym told me she noticed I've been losing muscle. :frowning: I'm trying to eat more protein, and I feel like I'm eating a lot of food. But maybe I'm not. :anguished:

I'll keep coming in with updates. :smiley:

And @Francl27, the chocolate Halo Top is DELICIOUS!
  • ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So I got into a car accident on Friday and damaged my car to where I can't legally drive it. Both the girl and I are ok and we exchanged information and no damage to either of us but, damn. I didn't need this. 300 deductible as well for the shop :/
    To top it off I talked to my manager about not being able to get to work til Thursday when my car gets back from the shop and she said she could give me the days off.
    Well come schedule time, guess what days she put me working?? I'm like did you forget or what? Ugh. Told her unless someone picks me up I can't get there and I have no friends here. Not my week. I have several doubles this week too so it'll be stress.

I also ate an entire cookies and cream gelato pint from taleni. It was delicious, but I was self medicating with food. Whoops, but it was good.

GOD I NEED A VACATION. / endrant
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I have two updates!

Jail means they've violated some forum guideline(s) if I remember right. Don't quote me on that, though.

But how do you know? I looked at JPW1990's photo, and it didn't look any different.....didn't someone say it was from their profile photo??
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    My weight loss journey is really scary for me. I have been in recovery from anorexia and bulimia for about a year. I was sick and without help for seven years. Now as I try to get back down to an appropriate weight for my height, I'm really fighting urges to restrict/purge. I haven't so far, yet! Woo!

Good job! I'm glad you're doing so well now. Keep it up!

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    On Friday, my 13-year-old daughter told me that she's been depressed for over a year and wanted to go see a therapist. This was after a major meltdown over what should have been a minor incident. We'd noticed she's been withdrawn and has been spending a lot of time in her room, but thought it was just typical teenage moodiness. I'll be calling the dr. first thing tomorrow, but have also been doing some research and trying to find things to do on our end. This isn't something I've ever dealt with before. One of the things that was recommended was getting her out of her isolation, as well as exercise. I brought her with me to work today (I work at a university library). She's currently out collecting books (she loves to read) and hitting the Cyber Cafe. She seems very happy today. I also spoke to her about joining a gym together, at least for the summer, and she was very receptive to the idea. So, we'll be going to the YMCA tomorrow to check it out. I'm a little scared to join a gym, as I don't like working out in front of people. But, I'm willing to do it for her. She's excited that they might have a pool. I told her there's no way I'm wearing a bathing suit in public, but she's welcome to swim without me. Anyway, this isn't really a confession, but I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening.

That is a really tough thing to go through, but I see a silver lining here. First your daughter admitted she needed help. That is huge. Second your daughter felt comfortable enough to tell you that she needed help. Third you listened, took what she said on board and are doing things to help her. That is wonderful. I'm wishing you both the best. :)

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    @Tubbs216 I can very much relate to the anemia / heavy period issue. At one point I had lost so much blood I passed out and the doctors put me on steriods and wanted to give me a transfusion. (I was 17 years old). It took awhile to build up the iron so I was ok. I also (seperately and years later) have been a different type of anemic realating to B-12 where I had Vitamin B shots monthly for awhile. So please stay on top of it with her and ugh, I'm sorry she's dealing with it. It can drain so much energy from a person.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    So I got into a car accident on Friday and damaged my car to where I can't legally drive it. Both the girl and I are ok and we exchanged information and no damage to either of us but, damn. I didn't need this. 300 deductible as well for the shop :/
    To top it off I talked to my manager about not being able to get to work til Thursday when my car gets back from the shop and she said she could give me the days off.
    Well come schedule time, guess what days she put me working?? I'm like did you forget or what? Ugh. Told her unless someone picks me up I can't get there and I have no friends here. Not my week. I have several doubles this week too so it'll be stress.

I also ate an entire cookies and cream gelato pint from taleni. It was delicious, but I was self medicating with food. Whoops, but it was good.

GOD I NEED A VACATION. / endrant

It is a huge mess but what a relief that there is no injury! I'm glad you are safe and well.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I bet you are lovely! Yes to stop hating on yourself. Stop it right now! (Stamping foot with hand on my hips!) Have a wonderful trip!