Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    lisa9511 wrote: »
    I have fallen off the food wagon for the past 3 months and gained back the 15 lbs I lost. Starting over sucks.

I know the feeling, I am starting over too- you can do it!! :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Let's get back to our old ways of the thread please! I'd be so sad if this thread gets closed :'(

+1
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    pigoon wrote: »
    My confession is that I'm a body positive, fat acceptance activist on a reductive calorie counting site. I feel the betrayal to my bones.
    But when you're a bit lighter, your bones will thank you.

Thank you for reinforcing the reason why I hate this place. Bone health has nothing to do with weight, by the way. That's an edit. You're a dick.
    Wow, thanks. I actually was trying to be supportive. Good luck.

You WERE being supportive.....some people are just idiots, don't let it get to you!
  • pigoon
    pigoon Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My confession is that I'm a body positive, fat acceptance activist on a reductive calorie counting site. I feel the betrayal to my bones.
    But when you're a bit lighter, your bones will thank you.

Thank you for reinforcing the reason why I hate this place. Bone health has nothing to do with weight, by the way. That's an edit. You're a dick.
    Wow, thanks. I actually was trying to be supportive. Good luck.

Don't feel bad. I get what you were doing. Some people are just rude.

How in the world is that kind of post supportive? It's inaccurate and, as I said, a self-satisfied reinforcement of the problem with reductive dieting. I had already said I'm ashamed to be here for vanity reasons, and the individual replies with something weakly trying to link health with weight loss. The fat/skinny binary everyone here seems to associate with health is not backed by science, is entirely cultural, and flat out wrong. Yes, it can be a stressor on one's JOINTS to be very fat, but not to their bones. It's insulting for this individual to assume that I am here because I see myself as fat/unhealthy, and that losing weight will improve my health, especially when my "confession" was that I was ashamed of being here for those very reasons. I perceived the comment as judgmental and offensive, and the proceeding smug smiley face doubly so. Yes. Some people really are rude.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    No judgment seems to be flying right out the window for the last few pages.

My confession: I've started tracking back at sparkpeople again, because the update broke my script, I have no interest in paying $50/yr for something I can do for free on another site, and this thread and my friends list are the only thing keeping me logging in at all.

I tried spark people before here and hated it because the database for food was terrible! I am not very tech savvy, so excuse me if I sound stupid lol, but you cannot log now because of the update? Will that happen to all of us sooner or later??
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Folks.....might I suggest we just do not feed the troll in an attempt to not throw the thread off track.....just ignore....
  • lemurcat12
    edited May 2015
    Options
    This is not a good thread to debate the health-based reasons (or lack thereof) for weight loss. If you want to start a thread, I'm interested.

You seem to be going out of your way to take offense where it's obvious none was meant, to be insulting, and to stir something up, however. I get thinking the (well-meaning) response missed the point of your post, but simply saying that could have been done without, well, being judgmental or argumentative.

Anyway, moving on...
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I am pretty committed to MFP at this point, but how is the database at Sparkpeople, out of curiosity?

I used Livestrong off and on before finding MFP and the database here is a million times better once you figure it out. Also, the forums are much more entertaining.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    This is not a good thread to debate the health-based reasons (or lack thereof) for weight loss. If you want to start a thread, I'm interested.

You seem to be going out of your way to take offensive where it's obvious none was meant, to be insulting, and to stir something up, however. I get thinking the (well-meaning) response missed the point of your post, but simply saying that could have been done without, well, being judgmental or argumentative.

Anyway, moving on...
    Mooooving on.
    s0i238ic7vzq.gif

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

My confession: I've started tracking back at sparkpeople again, because the update broke my script, I have no interest in paying $50/yr for something I can do for free on another site, and this thread and my friends list are the only thing keeping me logging in at all.

I tried spark people before here and hated it because the database for food was terrible! I am not very tech savvy, so excuse me if I sound stupid lol, but you cannot log now because of the update? Will that happen to all of us sooner or later??
    Yeah I wonder about that. Conspiracy theorists would have us believe that fixes won't be made, except for the Premium members.
    I have a Fitbit and can log there, but I prefer to have everything in one place.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Yeah I wonder about that. Conspiracy theorists would have us believe that fixes won't be made, except for the Premium members.
    I have a Fitbit and can log there, but I prefer to have everything in one place.

I have fitbit too, but always log here....I am gonna be REALLY upset if that happens to me :(
    I am pretty committed to MFP at this point, but how is the database at Sparkpeople, out of curiosity?

I used Livestrong off and on before finding MFP and the database here is a million times better once you figure it out. Also, the forums are much more entertaining.

In a word, terrible, lol.
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,763 Member
    Options
    I used to "ask my friends what kind of pizza they wanted" when I was really just ordering two pizzas for myself.
  • Lizapratt
    Lizapratt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I log things like stretching and let myself eat back all the calories even though I know the calorie burns from MFP are ridiculous. That's for days I need a little extra flexibility, e.g. if I've gone out and had a drink or two.

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

Looooool, I like that
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I can log using inaccurate macros, but I cannot change my goals anymore unless I pay them money to do it accurately. I see no reason to do that, when I can log accurately at sp for free. As for the databases, I think they're both equally bad, the only difference is MFP will let you enter bad info faster by scanning a barcode. I use primarily my own entries on either site, so that makes no difference to me.

If you only care about calories, the site will probably keep working for you. If you are trying to balance macros a specific way, you can either pigeonhole yourself into their 5% numbers (which either puts me too low for protein, or puts it high and yells at me for eating the fat I'm supposed to eat), or pay them.
  • monicagbrown
    monicagbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love wine, but it packs SO MANY calories. I cannot seem to cut it out. I love to have a couple glasses in the evening, but I noticed my weight has increased since I have been having wine on a regular basis.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Just as many bad user entries as here, where a serving is just "1 serving" or "1 banana" with no clue how big it actually is. Their USDA and manufacturer direct entries are ok.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I used to "ask my friends what kind of pizza they wanted" when I was really just ordering two pizzas for myself.

I order take out sushi 3-4 rolls at a time- I asked for two sets of chopsticks so they think I'm getting take out for more than just myself. I'm not :o
  • lemurcat12
    Options

I used to do the thing where I'd order a large pizza and three diet cokes. (Which was particularly dumb since I think the delivery place charged like $2/can.)

I wasn't even someone who would ever eat the whole pizza in a sitting and there's nothing strange about wanting leftovers so it was just about feeling pathetic about ordering pizza on my own. Now I'd have no problem with it, either--in fact, I ordered two pizzas with my sister on Friday and didn't even get insistent that she be there when I opened the door like I used to. I was much more paranoid about others making judgments about my eating habits when I was fat, which is sad.
  • monicagbrown
    monicagbrown Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire 8oz. package of Philly cream cheese early this week (with a spoon, too LOL). Logged 2oz. a day over the next several days, as to hide my shameful binge.

To OP, no judgment from me (as you can see, I've only told you the least stupid thing I've done ;) )--but please stop the "homemade Sauna suit" for exercising. It does nothing good, and is potentially dangerous. Same goes for the overprice "Wrap" products. They "Don't" work (except for emptying your wallet).

I have entered something incorrectly out of shame as well!
  • pigoon
    pigoon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not even close to a troll. Sigh. It's fine. I didn't belong in this community in the first place, and that was the point. Thanks, guys, for reminding me.