Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - I'm completely procrastinating on filling the dishwasher.

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.

Um there is such a thing? Who makes it?

I have a washer/dryer all in one too. It's pretty common in the UK where space is at a premium. I don't have a dishwasher though. Jealous of you people moaning about loading the dishwasher!

Same. If someone asks if I have a dishwasher, I say "Yes", and point to myself.

We do all our dishes by hand too.....don't you have to prewash most things before the dishwasher anyway?

Depends on the dishwasher. When we first bought this one it was awesome. It's getting close to retirement now, and we have to be more careful about what goes in. They don't have to be rinsed clean, but the garbage disposal part isn't doing so hot on bigger solid things anymore.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I just ate like ten apricots that were freshly picked by my husband's family and sent from their village. I feel a little sick now... But oh my GOSH, they were good. And I'm not even a fruit person!

Fresh apricots are so very awesome! I would do that.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

The wife and I both hate doing that, we will use every dish in the house before loading it. If I had unlimited funds the first thing I would do is hire someone to load the dishwasher.

I would hire someone to do my laundry. I hate doing laundry. I FULLY REALIZE it just involves sticking a bunch of clothes into a stupid machine, and then sticking them into another stupid machine. Doesn't matter. Still hate doing laundry.

Will it make you jealous if I tell you that I have a fully automated washer that will wash, spin, and then dry the clothes, all in one machine? o:)

Editing to add: Speaking of household chores that I can't stand... I hate, hate, HATE ironing.

I have a washer/dryer all in one too. It's pretty common in the UK where space is at a premium. I don't have a dishwasher though. Jealous of you people moaning about loading the dishwasher!

We do all our dishes by hand too.....don't you have to prewash most things before the dishwasher anyway?

Depends on the dishwasher. When we first bought this one it was awesome. It's getting close to retirement now, and we have to be more careful about what goes in. They don't have to be rinsed clean, but the garbage disposal part isn't doing so hot on bigger solid things anymore.

Ooh I love your beach version of your avatar.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Nope. The instruction manual that came with my newest one stated pretty explicitly DO NOT PRE-RINSE DO NOT WASTE WATER.

It's my third dishwasher and I've never prewashed or rinsed dishes except when they have egg or oatmeal. And my dishes can hang around in there for a week or longer when it's just me in the house, so stuff is pretty hardened by the time it gets washed.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I summerfied myself too.

As did I. A pic from our camping trip last week

Nice pic!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

We're planning on naming our next dog Prewash.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crsticare wrote: »
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

My luck I would get into a car accident and then the paramedics would be like "what the heck does she have a trash bag on for?"

Ok this was probably the best response I have seen to the original post. I thought this was too funny.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Summer-fied my pic, too. Mabel's in the pool, you guys. :D

Nice!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

Until yesterday, there was a subreddit on reddit called fatpeoplehate. It had over 100k members around the world. They would comb MFP and sparkpeople and instagram for people's before pictures, post them in their group, and make fun of them. Some of the really dedicated ones would track those people down on social media and harass them directly. It finally got nuked yesterday because they posted the names/addresses/etc of the owners of Imgur, in retaliation for Imgur removing some of fph's stolen images from their website.

Today, those 100k+ members are running around the internet protesting the violation of their "free speech" to harass people and steal their pictures, while some others are complaining because they considered those stolen images and the millions of posts making fun of them to be good inspiration for their own weight loss.

There are a lot of screwed up people in the world.

Wow!! Are you kidding me?! First off that's absolutely horrendous and heartbreaking! Second off who the hell has that much time on their hands to do something so evil?! I'm truly appalled and disgusted.

I'd love to see real time pictures of the people that were making fun of people that lost weight!
  • JPW1990
    Options
    I just finished reading the "You're too skinny!" Do others ever make you question your maintenance weight?" thread and now am feeling very grateful for my friends and family. I have only had good comments about my weight loss, so far. Of course, I still have a long ways to go. But man, reading that thread made me realize how rude and unsupportive some people are.

I first got down to my normal weight nearly 20 years ago. I went from around 500 to around 175. People who didn't recognize me treated me completely differently than they did when I was big. I got smiles and courtesy, doors held open - and I don't mean flirting, it was men and women, any ages, the way they treated me was night and day. People who were absolutely cold and wouldn't acknowledge me before would go out of their way to say hi.

Overall, I'd say that had a far bigger impact on me than the random "you need to eat a hot pocket" type comments I'd get once in a while. I'm very distrustful of people in general, now. It takes a very long time before I decide if they're actually a nice person, or if they're a "nice as long as you fit my cookie cutter mold" person. Outside of some dysfunctional family relationships, most of the comments like those in that thread will stop after people get used to seeing the smaller version of the person, but the really rude and unsupportive people are far more subtle.

the massive difference in ppl i experienced after losing 100lbs was ridiculous, i can't imagine how that must have been for you. it's made me even more bitter and cynical about people in general. because i can't help but think, how different would i be if for my whole life people just treated me like a normal person and were nice? or even just decent?

Gosh that sucks, I'm sorry y'all must have just encountered some pretty *kitten* people :( I can't believe people treat others that way because of their size it's so mind boggling to me!

Until yesterday, there was a subreddit on reddit called fatpeoplehate. It had over 100k members around the world. They would comb MFP and sparkpeople and instagram for people's before pictures, post them in their group, and make fun of them. Some of the really dedicated ones would track those people down on social media and harass them directly. It finally got nuked yesterday because they posted the names/addresses/etc of the owners of Imgur, in retaliation for Imgur removing some of fph's stolen images from their website.

Today, those 100k+ members are running around the internet protesting the violation of their "free speech" to harass people and steal their pictures, while some others are complaining because they considered those stolen images and the millions of posts making fun of them to be good inspiration for their own weight loss.

There are a lot of screwed up people in the world.

Wow!! Are you kidding me?! First off that's absolutely horrendous and heartbreaking! Second off who the hell has that much time on their hands to do something so evil?! I'm truly appalled and disgusted.

I'd love to see real time pictures of the people that were making fun of people that lost weight!

That was always a running joke about the people who posted there - they'd use /r/keto or /r/loseit or /r/fitness, but they would never ever ever post their own before and after pics. The part that infuriates me the most is that most of the weight loss subs have at least one thread discussing it getting deleted and why it happened (the actual cyberstalking and revealing people's personal info is what crossed the line). They all have people talking about how fph was such an inspiration to them or so entertaining. In those same threads, there are some of the victims who had their own photos stolen and posted there, and some who were cyberstalked all over reddit or onto their social media pages, and they're talking about how traumatic it was, how they had to delete their facebook or instagram, etc. People couldn't even see past their own entertainment, while trying to lose weight, to see how that entertainment was psychologically torturing other people right beside them trying to lose weight.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

We're planning on naming our next dog Prewash.

LMAO!!

Here's my little prewash guy. My older girl is a lot bigger and can easily reach inside... I turned my back for a second and the little dude had figured out how to extend his reach.

34jxGXZ.jpg
  • kellienw335
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Due to circumstances, my grandma (mom's mom) has to move in with us for a few weeks...and I have to share my room. She's moving in on Friday. There goes my solitude and privacy.

The worst part is, I barely know her. I've seen her maybe a handful of times that I can remember in my life, most recently about two years ago. She is not a good "grandma." She has never been interested in knowing me or my siblings.

My own grandma is a stranger. This is gonna be awkward.

I also barely know my mom's siblings; three aunts and an uncle. They have never lived really close to me ever; those three aunts are in Florida and I'm in Ohio.

It's weird because I'm so close with my paternal grandparents and my aunts/uncles/cousins.

It's just weird how you can be close with one side of your family and the other is foreign; when I see my mom's family, it's like meeting them for the first time, every time.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe she will try to get to know you?

It was the same for my family. I have always been close to my mom's side but not my dad's.

My grandma is similar. She has never treated us the way she treats the rest of the grand kids. She always spoiled the rest of her grand kids but never really cared about my sister and I. For example, she gave the rest of them money/jewelry/toys and gave my sister and I dinner place mats for Christmas (we are all around a similar age so I'm not sure what was up with that).

I love her and everything but (and this makes me feel kinda bad) I don't really want a close relationship with her because she never seemed to want to know us anyway.

I know, I feel bad for feeling that way, too.

That's awful how your grandma treated you and your sister. My grandma hasn't wanted anything to do with any of her grandkids.

I forgot to add that I'm not close to my dad's younger sister and her husband; they and one cousin are really stuck-up and snobby to my family and they only treat us that way.

Dinner place mats!? :(

Yea, worst part was my sister is younger than me and she was happily playing with her place mat. I am a couple years older so I realized that we got screwed. My sister is so cute. :)

I know it seems silly complaining about a gift but at the time I was like what? Why did everyone else get cool stuff!?

Not silly! My grandma goes the exact opposite direction, gives everyone a check for the exact same amount at holidays to not show favoritism. I love that lady! My daughter is actually named after her, middle name, because she is so awesome. Unfortunately at 93 she has lost most of her mobility and pretty much just says she's ready to go now...heartbreaking!
  • kellienw335
    Options

I've lost around 150 pounds & work with the public & at times it can be aggravating.

I had someone tell me to eat a cheeseburger at 200 pounds, someone ask if I was a 100 pounds when I was 155, people asking all the time if I had weight loss surgery, a few people ask about my arm fat & suggesting exercises to diminish it, & someone jokingly asking if I weighed 89 pounds.

My favorite customer though was a lady who said she never ate after 7 ever, ever, EVER! Made me want to laugh.

I worked in the bar industry when i had my son. After I came back from maternity leave one lady asked me when i was due...I wanted to punch her in the face!
  • JPW1990
    Options

I've lost around 150 pounds & work with the public & at times it can be aggravating.

I had someone tell me to eat a cheeseburger at 200 pounds, someone ask if I was a 100 pounds when I was 155, people asking all the time if I had weight loss surgery, a few people ask about my arm fat & suggesting exercises to diminish it, & someone jokingly asking if I weighed 89 pounds.

My favorite customer though was a lady who said she never ate after 7 ever, ever, EVER! Made me want to laugh.

I worked in the bar industry when i had my son. After I came back from maternity leave one lady asked me when i was due...I wanted to punch her in the face!

I've always thought that was a very basic survival rule that everyone should know - never ever ever ask or suggest a woman is pregnant unless she's in active labor and the kid's half way out.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    So I'm doing the happy dance- I wore a pair of pants to work that although they say size 6, let's be real, they're vanity sized and I'm really more like a 10. But... I haven't been able to wear these pants since before I was pregnant with my 9 month old, so almost 2 years? 2 years? something like that.

And I'm now down to 21.6 lbs til goal. I'm also 1.6 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was hoping to do the "9 months on, 9 months off" thing, but it's looking like it'll be closer to 9.5 months off. Oh well. What's important is that I'm doing it, right?

I have a hard time with pants. I lost 160 lbs in 2008-early 2009 and kept it off even after my 1st pregnancy, then gained 20 lb back, got pregnant with my son and had 20 lbs left from that. So all together, I had 40 to lose. I still kept 75% of my weight loss off, so ok not too bad. But I honestly need a paniculectomy (spelling?) I have stomach skin that hangs badly and I have to tuck it into my underwear (I know, gross, sorry). I was waiting until I maintained my goal weight and was done having kids (we are) until I started saving for the surgery. Also, I checked into it- surgeons want you as low of a BMI as possible so they know they're just cutting skin, not all the fat/blood vessels underneath.
    So in the picture below, that's the weird lumpy thing around my hips- stoopid skin :( But I got cute orange pants on, so yayyy!

inri8jadkm3l.jpg

Yay, grats!!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I mentioned before how much I love hot sauce... I bought a bottle of Frank's last week and already it's almost gone. Frank's hot sauce isn't very spicy at all (I could probaby drink the whole bottle and not get much of a burn) but it's DELICIOUS to me. It just tastes so good. I've been pouring it onto a spoon and eating it on its own :neutral:

I told my mom that I had bought some and she said ''Awww man, we brought you up two bottles!'' So now I have a lot of Frank's... it'll be gone soon enough :lol:

Chicken wing dip!!

Ugh, buffalo chicken dip...so good.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I summerfied myself too.

As did I. A pic from our camping trip last week

Nice pic!

Thank you. I am a little in love with him!
  • annette_15
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Whew, finally caught up... only took all day lol.

Some confessions

Theres a lot of posts, especially the very personal, heartbreaking, sad ones I wanna respond to, but I dont know what to say because I cant really relate to most of it. I havent had people close to me die, I dont have kids and I guess I've just had a pretty 'easy' life thus far. Im always scared I'll say something that comes off wrong, so I tend to ignore it. I read it all tho <3

Im going to EDC in two weeks time, and I ordered some pretty out of my comfort zone rave type clothing. I will probably be doing a lot of cardio leading up to it as my outfit will be WAY more revealing than I'm used to (nowhere near what other girls wear to these things tho lol) Here's the bra I got to go with my black high wasted skirt

kWvY9Xp.jpg

I'll post pictures of the whole outfit after we go :wink:

I had plans earlier today but I cancelled them cause I woke up this morning with a bug bite on my eyelid and it looks really funny cause I cant open my right eye all the way lol :unamused:

That bra is adorable! Love it! Although with your eye issue, now I'm picturing you in that outfit with an eye patch!

Lololol :joy: Eye is better today, barely noticeable...thank god
  • annette_15
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    TOM started yesterday, which explains why I was so emotional and sensitive this weekend. Two weeks from now I have a bridal shower, elementary (grade school) reunion and a 5k race. I will not binge eat during TOM dammit, I guess there is a lot of tea and gum in my future lol

Not sure if you prefer fruity or minty gum but I just got the Sugar Free Juicy Fruit Strawberry Starburst flavored gum yesterday...and it definitely helped me not binge last night!!!

Does the flavor last longer than 28.9 seconds? :wink:

OMG yes! This is my favourite gum now, its awesome!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    zira91 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    Questions (not judgement of course):

1) do you mean you don't change out of those workout clothes for days or are you "airing" things out like some of these other ladies?

2) For the ladies airing stuff out would it be just as easy to take those clothes in the bathroom+when you shower and leave them in a sink full of water and Woolite while you shower and the drain the sink while you dress and then hang them to dry for the same lenght of time they would have "aired out"?...without really costing you any more time if thats the issue?

3) Is it the scented trash bag, and what do you do with the yellow drawstring tie it at your waist like sweats?

4) What is the difference between, judgement, curiosity, "nosy" -ness, and concern?

I put my workout clothes on hooks in my bedroom to air them out. Hand washing & wringing seems like wayyyyy too much work lol

be careful of ringworm or tinea though.. i used to do this and got a ringworm infection (could be from the gym) of which i have to use both antifungal pills and cream for > 14 days! need to rewash all my clothes in hot water every day during that time to avoid reinfection.. sob.. too much hard works comes with that.. lessons learned though..

This is what I was thinking at the beginning of the thread when all these confessions were made- this happened to a girl in college who always re-wore workout clothes without washing. I was never one for wearing things more than once or twice anyway, but ever since then I've been paranoid about ringworm! Even when we go camping and hiking I make sure I have an extra clean sports bra and shirt (one more than the number of days we're going for), just in case.

Ok this might be a totally dumb question, but how to you catch ring worm from anything that doesn't have ring worm??