Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Momakanga wrote: »
    Today's confession- I just ate the frosting off of two bite size cupcakes, I am calling it lunch :*

Why not call it Elvensies, and still have lunch? :) #Hobbit-Logic.

LOVE it! I am going to run with it! I shall have the "muffins" for afternoon tea!!!!!!
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    This is a safe place, right?!

I feel like my friends resent me for losing weight when I am a lot smaller than they are. I am pals with a few of them on here, so when I have a success, like today, I feel like I'm rubbing it in their face, which is not my intention, but I also want to be able to share my victories too. It's a double edged sword for sure.

In addition to this, I feel like if they worked half as hard as I do, counting calories accurately, and doing some sort of exercise, they'd have successes too, but they don't want to put in the effort. I feel like a terrible friend for feeling that way, but it's true. I guess I'm not a great friend or good wife sometimes.

Don't feel bad! It's not your fault that they aren't working hard and they should not make you feel bad for everything you're doing for yourself! Don't let it get you down.

They don't seem like really good friends if they make you feel this way. They should be able to take your success and do it for themselves!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession: While I love my husband to death, he is growing much closer to death by stealing all the tasty food off of my plate. Seriously, leave my cheese alone in the salad. If you want more cheese, than I will get up and put more in your salad. But I have carefully measured mine for calories and am not willing to share.

I hate when people do that! I don't care if people eat my food since I'll share anything (well maybe not my favorite ice creams haha), but don't take my food after I weighed it out meticulously on my food scale.

The only people that can get away with that is my nieces & nephews & usually they want to steal my chips. I swear they're little human garbage disposals. I can't complain since they'll devour ice cream flavors I didn't like or chip flavors I found were disgusting (Pringles Holiday Flavors I am looking at you)!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I had Jay-Z Radio blasting, but turned it off because some people might be offended by the use of N word and MF. These words don't offend me, I don't give them the power to.

I turned on Tarzan Boy Radio and it's basically the best 80's pop music ever. . ..

99 Luft Balloon's is on right now.

Going to have to listen to that during cardio this afternoon - thanks!

Aaaaand, my banner ad is for jalapeno bacon! Did not know that was a thing. Interesting. Any bacon lovers here tried it?

Nope but I am sure I would love it. Probably too much!
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've recently developed a rather disordered way of viewing food. I've reached my goal weight (and am now underweight) and now I'm terrified of eating too much even though I knows I need to do so to fuel all my running.

Friends and family are very concerned and scared. I'm trying to eat more this week but today thoughts of going on a cut are popping into my head. :confused:

Not judging, because I think that happens to a lot of people - however, that is scary, and I think a mental health professional could really help you with this. It seems anxiety driven, like you are afraid to get big again. Getting some help could really turn this around for you. <3
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Somebody cooked bacon in the microwave here at work 3 days ago. I still smelled bacon yesterday. I want bacon. (The crappy turkey bacon my DH put in my breakfast taco did not do the trick.)

I finally ate a Reese's Oreo. I'd rather just have the Reese's. I've never been a big Oreo fan.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Back story: I married my husband and 6 months later, we both joined the Air Force together. At our first base I got pregnant, had a baby, got pregnant 9 months later, and had another baby. I've been in a total of 4 years now. We have PT (run, sit-ups, and push ups) tests every 6 months (1 year if you excel - I never do) and I've never failed a PT test. I have gained a lot of weight and lost it over the years as a result of those pregnancies and even before the military (I lost 100 lbs in college - not the healthy way).

Confession: I have NO sympathy for active duty (AD) military moms who fail PT tests. I also don't really respect moms who get out of the military and become stay-at-home-moms. I feel really bad, but when a woman tells me she "used to be AD and now stays home with the kids" or "takes care of the house", I think "no one cares". Military life is really hard, especially if both a husband and wife are active and I know not everyone is cut out for it, but don't tell me that you used to work hard for your money and defend the constitution and now you just sit on your butt all day and spend your husband's money.

It's something that I struggle with all the time. I know I should respect anyone who puts on the uniform and recites the oath, but sometimes it is hard.

Please don't hate on the military for my shortcomings!! I swear I am a very respectful person and I would not confess this feeling to any mom out there.

I guess you have never been a stay at home mom...it is a LOT of work! I bet you would not last a month seeing how you misjudge that situation.....

Personally I work, but I have the UTMOST respect for stay at home moms and all the work they do!

Stay-at-home parents DO work hard. I think this post was mainly a vent specifically regarding the military. Someone actively in the military with a spouse active as well and children has a right to their opinion about the situation. Not saying you don't, nor that you shouldn't disagree. Just didn't want to judge this post when I first read it simply because of the OPs first-hand perspective of it.

Thank you. I feel really bad about how I feel about other military mothers and ex-military mothers. But, I have so much stinking respect for stay-at-home-moms though!!!!! I COULD NOT do it! They have so much patience and love for their kids that I really don't feel like I have, sadly. They are Superheroes in my eyes!

The only problem I have is some women signing up to serve and then getting out because they don't want to finish out their contract and they are using their kids as an excuse. But I've said before, I feel bad about feeling this. I don't know other people's situation and their lives. I have no right to judge, really.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Today's confession- I just ate the frosting off of two bite size cupcakes, I am calling it lunch :*

You've unlocked a new level!: Spirit Animal.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

You've unlocked a new level!: Spirit Animal.

392be9d9cac2f0addd779d6fc725c756.jpg
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I keep trying to reply to someone on my wall, but it's not letting me! My writing appears all grey and it won't let me enter it. Has something been changed? :confounded:

I ate a really, really big poutine last night along with about ten cups of water because it was so salty, and I definitely felt sick afterwards. I still feel full and I haven't eaten yet today... and I don't expect to be hungry anytime soon. But bubble tea still sounds pretty good! :tongue:

Also, I'm not sure what has gotten into me... I usually hate clothes shopping, but lately I've been frequenting online stores with major excitement. I just added AdoreMe to a slowly growing list of websites I've been eyeing (along with ModCloth and Boutique1861). I'm changing!!!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @AgentOrangeJuice - Have you ever had the Jungle Juice at Tusker House? It's amazing!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I let the last 2 days gains (slight, probably sodium) dictate my dumb-ss choice this morning to inhale 970 calories worth of Hardee's breakfast. :neutral: I'm a nutcase.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    I keep trying to reply to someone on my wall, but it's not letting me! My writing appears all grey and it won't let me enter it. Has something been changed? :confounded:

I ate a really, really big poutine last night along with about ten cups of water because it was so salty, and I definitely felt sick afterwards. I still feel full and I haven't eaten yet today... and I don't expect to be hungry anytime soon. But bubble tea still sounds pretty good! :tongue:

Also, I'm not sure what has gotten into me... I usually hate clothes shopping, but lately I've been frequenting online stores with major excitement. I just added AdoreMe to a slowly growing list of websites I've been eyeing (along with ModCloth and Boutique1861). I'm changing!!!

I'm wearing a shirt from ModCloth right now! :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I am scared to up my calories but I am just getting so tired of it. I have been on 1200 for the last 6 months but from what I have read on here I should be able to safely eat at least 1400 without gaining
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am scared to up my calories but I am just getting so tired of it. I have been on 1200 for the last 6 months but from what I have read on here I should be able to safely eat at least 1400 without gaining

I upped my calories from 1,200 to 1,400 a few weeks ago and I love it. The extra fuel has really helped me.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

I'm wearing a shirt from ModCloth right now! :)

I love their stuff!! Sadly it won't let me order anything from them. Everytime I try it says I'm not using English language characters for my address. I have no idea what that means.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

THANKS!!! <3

I guess as long as he's losing, that's really all that matters. Also, I wish my husband wanted to go to the gym, but he has ZERO interest in that. Right now, he definitely has the "dad bod". Which is such a ridiculous trend. I would prefer he had a body like Jax Teller, but I love him squishy bits and all.

So, I had to go find Jax Teller...

59276b968e493b6cf17a36ba9842c9ae_zpsmbxb3op4.jpg

Not bad, but he is not this...

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

Rock>Jax. My friends think I'm totally messed up for thinking he is gorgeous xD

What? He is totally gorgeous. And adorable. I loved him in Escape from Witch Mountain.

He's just an all around good human being. I think it's the age thing, I dunno but I am quite content with drooling over him by myself lol

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I said screw it and forgot about it. lol

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I had a whoosh this morning but I don't believe it's true even though I weighed myself the exact same way I always do. IF the scale is correct, which, there's just no way, I way less NOW, than I did when I got pregnant with my daughter 14 years ago! How is that possible?!

Confession: My husband is on this site and using it faithfully, but he's SO lazy when it comes to logging his food. He just basically picks the first thing in the list that is somewhat remotely close to what he is eating/has eaten. It makes me furious that he's so lazy about it. He's still losing weight and I think that's what I'm most irritated by. Sometimes, I'm not a very good wife. :(

First part - AWESOME! Second part - totally understandable. My husband will go to the gym religiously, but won't track what he eats AT ALL! It frustrates me to no end. I just leave it alone. He'll have to figure it out for himself. But inside, I seethe.

THANKS!!! <3

I guess as long as he's losing, that's really all that matters. Also, I wish my husband wanted to go to the gym, but he has ZERO interest in that. Right now, he definitely has the "dad bod". Which is such a ridiculous trend. I would prefer he had a body like Jax Teller, but I love him squishy bits and all.

So, I had to go find Jax Teller...

59276b968e493b6cf17a36ba9842c9ae_zpsmbxb3op4.jpg

Not bad, but he is not this...

images_zpsf2072e8d.jpg

Rock>Jax. My friends think I'm totally messed up for thinking he is gorgeous xD

What? He is totally gorgeous. And adorable. I loved him in Escape from Witch Mountain.
    Even in fanny pack/bum bag era?
    0obcp1l1rcrf.jpg

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    This is a safe place, right?!

I feel like my friends resent me for losing weight when I am a lot smaller than they are. I am pals with a few of them on here, so when I have a success, like today, I feel like I'm rubbing it in their face, which is not my intention, but I also want to be able to share my victories too. It's a double edged sword for sure.

In addition to this, I feel like if they worked half as hard as I do, counting calories accurately, and doing some sort of exercise, they'd have successes too, but they don't want to put in the effort. I feel like a terrible friend for feeling that way, but it's true. I guess I'm not a great friend or good wife sometimes.

My best friend was always much thinner than me (we have been friends for 17 years) I was always the fat one. She got breast cancer 7 years ago and since her treatments she has been on a steady gain, and when I started losing weight back in August she told me she needed to get busy because she was not going to be the fat one. I told her I would help her and she acted like she wanted the help at first, she bought a fitbit, and a treadmill and asked me several diet questions, but quickly gave up and was back to sedentary, old habits. I now weigh less than her and she resents me for it. She gets upset if I ever make a comment about how many calories are in something she offers me to eat, or I won't try something she is having. But I can't let it stop me from reaching my goals!
    I really hope your friend is doing well with her treatments, but did she actually say that to you? Rude!